Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

Im surprised nobody has scammed 1ronbank and the iwantisk flunkies like this

it wasn't for lack of trying but the real money bags wanted to use chribba as third party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

so the last good thing you did was like (at least) three years ago?

Cut the pua negging poo poo. If you want to ask him out just pm him some dick pics like a normal internet weirdo.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Some time ago I used Pyfa to fit out a Chimera, just for fun. I wanted to see how much DPS you could squeeze out of it after the patch. But as someone who has never looked at carriers before, I learned to my surprise Pyfa doesn't show fighter DPS. Or does it and I'm missing something completely obvious? I don't know. :shrug:

Can you use Pyfa to show Carrier DPS? Or do I need a completely different program if I don't want to go to Sisi and fit one myself?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nah, Kim got tossed because someone else three a tantrum

Well in all honesty if you lose a drama fight to boat you deserve to get kicked.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Libluini posted:

Some time ago I used Pyfa to fit out a Chimera, just for fun. I wanted to see how much DPS you could squeeze out of it after the patch. But as someone who has never looked at carriers before, I learned to my surprise Pyfa doesn't show fighter DPS. Or does it and I'm missing something completely obvious? I don't know. :shrug:

Can you use Pyfa to show Carrier DPS? Or do I need a completely different program if I don't want to go to Sisi and fit one myself?

you have to right click on the fighters and set which abilities the fighters have active

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

so the last good thing you did was like (at least) three years ago?

No man you just quoted the last good thing I did. It's my posting

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

it wasn't for lack of trying but the real money bags wanted to use chribba as third party

pooki bear best third party :colbert:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Divine Blob posted:

Wow that sounds really interesting, I'm a finance student and I feel like learning to use Excel could potentially help me in both the future and on EVE.

Anything finance-wise you do you probably have better tools than excel for any perticular task but I don't think anyone trusts anyone with anything finance-related who doesn't know their way around a spreadsheet. EVE is a good way to learn because you have to figure out how to do the modeling in a way that's somewhat interesting and with relatively little downside when you screw up (and excel is a loving bitch and easy to screw up because you effectively don't have variable names and you are typing everything in a single line, so it's very easy to make coding errors). I screw up an EVE spreadsheet, oops i have a little less space money, I screw up a work spreadsheet and things could be bad. Plus you learn to debug spreadsheets, my first draft of a work spreadsheet once had things that all looked right but weren't quite tying out correctly which turned out to be five massive errors that almost balanced each other out. Figuring out how to make sure a spreadsheet is doing what you want it to do and figuring out why it's not is a learned skill and it's annoying as gently caress to get the hang of.

Landsknecht posted:

did you become a remedial-variety lawyer, or a respectable one?

respectable as all hell

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Xolve posted:

You don't actually have to talk to them, corps are the social circles in PL, so you mainly just talk and what not in what corp IRC you're in- that being said you can also apply to other corps user groups as well.

I don't think SNIGG would be a good fit for you; but hey- if you can't actually figure out how to fit a svipul, nor can you be hosed to copypasta a fit from zkill you can probably get into RKK (or DYS0N).

Bonus points if you think an Erebus should have 3 loving nanofibers.

Reading PL applications is always fun for a laugh. Do you have an archive of 'best of applicant meltdowns'?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

pooki bear best third party :colbert:

successfully third partied 33 super and titan transactions

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

goninzo posted:

Just be careful you don't confuse Kismesus and Kismeteer, two different dudes. Cause Kismeteer is one who gave you a ton of advice in game. :v: (Currently in Bat Country, part of PL)

Kismeteer also had the amazing Top Goon sig that made me laugh every time I saw it. Owning a border collie myself.

Sorry your joke went poof so badly there.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Reverand maynard posted:

you have to right click on the fighters and set which abilities the fighters have active

Thanks! Another dumb question: Some fighters, like the Templars, have multiple attack abilities. Are those fighters able to use both turret and missile attacks at the same time? Or can a fighter only use one weapon at a time?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

Reading PL applications is always fun for a laugh. Do you have an archive of 'best of applicant meltdowns'?

I used to have a bunch on the old forums, since our application process isn't nearly intense as it once was- but most of them are archived, deleted or lost.

:rip: Ander.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

you're both k names that got kicked for throwing a temper tantrum so there isn't that much of a need to differentiate

Kimsemus wasn't kicked for throwing a fit, DBRB threw a fit for Kimsemus kicking Doublestep and BFM (the bad one with the viola chair) from the goon Archage guild after DBRB kept sneaking them in, and went around and got him purged from GSF in retaliation.

I was in the Archage guild and in the IRC for that poo poo, and DBRB was basically acting like a manchild after getting called on it and the whole thing was intensely retarded.

DBRB still acts all huffy about it too, like two years later.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Kimsemus wasn't kicked for throwing a fit, DBRB threw a fit for Kimsemus kicking Doublestep and BFM (the bad one with the viola chair) from the goon Archage guild after DBRB kept sneaking them in, and went around and got him purged from GSF in retaliation.

I was in the Archage guild and in the IRC for that poo poo, and DBRB was basically acting like a manchild after getting called on it and the whole thing was intensely retarded.

correction: the whole thing was loving hilarious (as long as you didn't actually play)

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Bilirubin posted:

Kismeteer also had the amazing Top Goon sig that made me laugh every time I saw it. Owning a border collie myself.

Sorry your joke went poof so badly there.

Yeah, that was an awesome sig, I did not save a copy though, unfortunately. That was days of Konno when Top Goon was fun to fly with.

Also, Kimsemus did what, a couple months in goonwaffe? I did just over 6 years. So yeah, totally the same guy.

Besides, I thought I was MostlyHarmlesss.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

DBRB still acts all huffy about it too, like two years later.

Looks like they're getting back into Archage too, given the pings and crap I keep getting. Wonder if BFM will pop up again. I'm definitely not installing that piece of poo poo again to find out!

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

LegionAreI posted:

Looks like they're getting back into Archage too, given the pings and crap I keep getting. Wonder if BFM will pop up again. I'm definitely not installing that piece of poo poo again to find out!

TMC is getting paid to promote Archage now? How the world changes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
That list of forum names vs. EVE names is surprisingly really helpful and probably should go into the OP.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LegionAreI posted:

BFM cropped up because the archage guild was run through SA its just that there is a lot of crossover between eve players and archeage players. If its being braodcast on gf jabber then it will be on goonfleet services and thus exclude bfm.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

goninzo posted:

Yeah, that was an awesome sig, I did not save a copy though, unfortunately.

I got you covered. See your PMs.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
So in 6 weeks I've gone from "hey Videogames is doing a cool thing, maybe I should play eve again" to "hey maybe I'll pvp even though I suck at it" to FCing the regular groon late-night standing fleet. Syndicate is a fun, lucrative place to live and I am enjoying the heck out of groon spring.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

evilweasel posted:

Anything finance-wise you do you probably have better tools than excel for any perticular task but I don't think anyone trusts anyone with anything finance-related who doesn't know their way around a spreadsheet. EVE is a good way to learn because you have to figure out how to do the modeling in a way that's somewhat interesting and with relatively little downside when you screw up (and excel is a loving bitch and easy to screw up because you effectively don't have variable names and you are typing everything in a single line, so it's very easy to make coding errors). I screw up an EVE spreadsheet, oops i have a little less space money, I screw up a work spreadsheet and things could be bad. Plus you learn to debug spreadsheets, my first draft of a work spreadsheet once had things that all looked right but weren't quite tying out correctly which turned out to be five massive errors that almost balanced each other out. Figuring out how to make sure a spreadsheet is doing what you want it to do and figuring out why it's not is a learned skill and it's annoying as gently caress to get the hang of.

respectable as all hell

Equal and opposing errors are my fav

Balance sheets are the bane of every first second and third year investment banking analyst

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ad by Khad posted:

So in 6 weeks I've gone from "hey Videogames is doing a cool thing, maybe I should play eve again" to "hey maybe I'll pvp even though I suck at it" to FCing the regular groon late-night standing fleet. Syndicate is a fun, lucrative place to live and I am enjoying the heck out of groon spring.

I feel like a gateway drug to EVE highs. :D

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Thanks! Another dumb question: Some fighters, like the Templars, have multiple attack abilities. Are those fighters able to use both turret and missile attacks at the same time? Or can a fighter only use one weapon at a time?

Fighters can use both weapons at the same time.

Fighters each have 3 abilities, for the main dps fighters you have a main turret attach, that auto cycles on a short cool down, a mwd that significantly increases speed for about 10s on a 60s cool down, and a missile attack that does significantly more damage, but is on about a 20 second cool down and only carries 8 charges, once those have been used the fighter needs to return to the carrier to reload if you want to continue using the missile attack.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

goninzo posted:

TMC is getting paid to promote Archage now? How the world changes.

I just asked daberb and kcolor on the tmc stream why they are playing archeage again and they said: lol because its fun

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i literally played that game for 5 minutes then uninstalled

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Reverand maynard posted:

sometimes people flame out in the thread until it's closed and they're banned, but there's other best-ofs

one guys just answered every question with "N*****;" like every single answer was just one word

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

i literally played that game for 5 minutes then uninstalled

Have you played other KMMO grinder Black Desert Online?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Have you played other KMMO grinder Black Desert Online?

Its on my hard drive but everytime i boot it up i stare at the character creation then alt F4

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dead by Daylight is a fun game

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

Its on my hard drive but everytime i boot it up i stare at the character creation then alt F4

Just download a template and go, or just grab random facial features and drag them around a la Mario 64. The character creation screen is daunting as gently caress but once you get the hang of it its pretty cool.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

while im e/n posting, the last mmo that grabbed me was swtor and that was what, 4 years ago? 4 years of being freed from the shackles of mmos :unsmith:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

sometimes people flame out in the thread until it's closed and they're banned, but there's other best-ofs

one guys just answered every question with "N*****;" like every single answer was just one word

The HABIT question of what would you do if you and a buddy were caught in your supers, bashing a pos? Is that the one with the roleplayers

Other than the comedy answer of "roleplay my way out of it" I would want to know why I've been placed in that situation without my personal subcap support gang and alongside another scrub with just a super logged in.

That question is like waking up drunk at the wheel with a highway patrolman knocking on your window.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Fighters can use both weapons at the same time.

Fighters each have 3 abilities, for the main dps fighters you have a main turret attach, that auto cycles on a short cool down, a mwd that significantly increases speed for about 10s on a 60s cool down, and a missile attack that does significantly more damage, but is on about a 20 second cool down and only carries 8 charges, once those have been used the fighter needs to return to the carrier to reload if you want to continue using the missile attack.

Wow, carriers really are Homeworld now. I like it. But in truth, I don't know if I could deal with carriers when actually playing, I tend to get impatient with battleships already. Though I confess this pseudo-RTS poo poo is really tempting me.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Oh, wait, I figured out the right answer to the roleplayer supercap question. drop corp before you die

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

Did he get in?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is better IMO, (were COBRA) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Elsa posted:

The HABIT question of what would you do if you and a buddy were caught in your supers, bashing a pos? Is that the one with the roleplayers

Other than the comedy answer of "roleplay my way out of it" I would want to know why I've been placed in that situation without my personal subcap support gang and alongside another scrub with just a super logged in.

That question is like waking up drunk at the wheel with a highway patrolman knocking on your window.

You could escape from that fairly easily depending on how bad you were caught; having an exit cyno open in another instance is probably the easiest answer.

I'd rather lose 500mil of t2 FiBos than a super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

You could escape from that fairly easily depending on how bad you were caught; having an exit cyno open in another instance is probably the easiest answer.

I'd rather lose 500mil of t2 FiBos than a super.

Yeah no poo poo, I'd also have sat with a scout on every drat gate and wormhole in the system for the last half hour.

• Locked thread