Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bryter posted:

And keep your fingers crossed that the rank and file aren't won over by Cruz's "this is a recipe for disaster, elect a true conservative like me" pitch.

At which point the RNC leadersip will be taken off suicide watch and placed on murder-suicide watch.

If Trump gets crushed, you can bet that every Republican rival to Cruz in 2020 will be saying "could not even win a primary against America's greatest joke of a candidate" in unison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pictured: Jeb arguing with the director of a local dinner theater production of Frankenstein

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump QUOTE OF THE DAY

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/744940763310604289

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Uncle Wemus posted:

Are they really going to run a guy polling at like 30%
A large part of that 30% would be really, really pissed if Trump doesn't get the nomination. It would shatter the Republican party and they'd still lose the election.

The alternative is to lose badly with Trump, but at least then they'll be able to use him as a cautionary tale in the future.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: Jeb's body double confronting the secret service that he looks "too dopy and unbelievable"

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Was there ever an official Jeb and the Infinite Sadness video or did he flame out too pathetically for anyone to even bother?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Louisgod posted:

Corey being fired with no heads up is strangely reminiscent of another recent GOP campaign. Was it Jeb or somebody else that also had people get fired at random times?

Scott Walker fired his campaign manager Rick Wiley for alleged financial mismanagement a few days before Walker dropped out (his campaign was flat-broke).

Wiley was later hired, then fired, by Trump.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bunleigh posted:

Was there ever an official Jeb and the Infinite Sadness video or did he flame out too pathetically for anyone to even bother?
no but
https://medium.com/@AndreasLeKirk/the-infinite-sadness-of-jeb-bush-f87c88e44ce9#.3wxb3s2mw

“Please clap.”

His voice came after a moment’s silence, and he was immediately filled with regret and confusion. The moment he’d said it, he knew he would never forget it. He stammered his goodbyes to the New Hampshire crowd and stepped into the room that was prepared for him.

He was alone. He looked at the droopy man in the mirror and sighed as he took off his glasses. Oh jeez, Pops isn’t gonna be happy about this one, he thought, rubbing his eyes.

What happened, Jeb? he thought, a nervous grin he didn’t realise he’d smiled appearing on his jolly face. He’d followed all of Georgie’s advice. He made jokes. He wore a hoodie. He even managed to get Ma to endorse him! That was difficult. He had to sweep the porch — twice.

“Please clap.”

It hurt more to think back on it. Gosh, why did he even say it? Was he being recorded? Of course he was being recorded, dummy. He sighed. What was he gonna tell Pops? He had to be strong. Like Georgie. He had to be President. Like Georgie.

“Governor?”

The voice came from the door. It was one of his aides.

“Yeah I’ll uhh” - he realised his voice was breaking and cleared his throat - “I’ll be right out.”

“All I ever wanted was to play bass guitar,” he said to nobody in particular. His voice came out as a low whine, like a rabbit that suffered a minor wound. It caught him by surprise, he didn’t even know where it had come from. Did he want to play bass guitar? Does he?

All he knew was that he was sad, and tired. Tired of talking to all these people, trying to suck up to them for something he wasn’t even sure he wanted.

No. He did want this. He was gonna be the next President, and he was gonna fix this country. He’d show all of them. Starting with him. He shivered at the thought of that giant, orange bully. Interrupting, shouting, calling him names… it was like being back at school again, when people would give him wedgies, steal his lunch money, and flush his head down the toilet. God, he still really hated Texas U.

He sighed again. He reached into a pocket and felt the bundle of tiny plastic turtles in his hand. “Slow and steady,” he said to himself, once again flashing a smile that didn’t touch his eyes. He would say that to each kid he met on the campaign trail and hand them one of the turtles. It was more for his own benefit than for theirs.

He looked at his Apple Watch. It was time to go now. He took a deep breath, and looked at himself in the mirror one last time. He smiled again, but with confidence — presidential confidence. He jabbed at the air with a couple of punches, imagining the space in front of him as that jaundiced, smug bully.

“Please clap.”

it came again as he was walking out of the room, jacket flung over one shoulder. The smile did not falter, but a single tear rolled down his chubby cheek.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: Jeb being told by Taylor Swift's bodyguards that he has to stay at least 50 feet away

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still don't quite understand why "Donald Trump loves sexual predators" hasn't become a bigger thing. I guess maybe its just hard to publicly litigate without also dragging the Tysons or Roethlisbergers in and then that opens up all kinds of problems with them suing or people getting mad because you picked on their sports guys?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah but he's not going to go rogue and vote against the administration's agenda

Well, Biden did kind of go rogue on the gay marriage issue, considering that Obama had always been pretty quiet on the topic, and then Biden says in an interview something like "I support same-sex marriage, and the President does too," effectively dragging Obama into the debate.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

remember when jeb bush, republican nominee for president, was inevitable

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

haha oh man this is the jebbest body language ever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

W was on TV the other day and there was a scene where GHW lectures GW about being a disappointment unlike your brother Jeb and i laughed and laughed

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I still don't quite understand why "Donald Trump loves sexual predators" hasn't become a bigger thing. I guess maybe its just hard to publicly litigate without also dragging the Tysons or Roethlisbergers in and then that opens up all kinds of problems with them suing or people getting mad because you picked on their sports guys?

He has given a shout out to Big Ben, known rapist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

logikv9 posted:

remeber when he was considered the smart, charismatic one.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He has given a shout out to Big Ben, known rapist.

Right. I'm saying I guess if your Hillary or the Dems you can't emphasis that without drawing the ire of Roethlisberger's lawyers and a bunch of voters who care about the Steeler over all other issues. She'd probably lose PA doing it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

Remember when jeb spent $2800 per vote in Iowa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENU789s3xv4

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

I started to compose a response but this sums it up much better than what I was gonna say

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

remeber when he was considered the smart, charismatic one.

I think we all just assumed he was because how could he not be?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

so you're saying he's indestructible

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CSM posted:

A large part of that 30% would be really, really pissed if Trump doesn't get the nomination. It would shatter the Republican party and they'd still lose the election.

The alternative is to lose badly with Trump, but at least then they'll be able to use him as a cautionary tale in the future.

I am not inclined to believe anyone saying that the RNC has a clear best path to manage the Trump reality. They GOP has gotten into a p. severe Kobayashi Maru situation and has to just pick whatever bad choice they're willing to live with. I'm just a simple country shitposter, but I'd suggest letting Trump fuckin' bomb in the general. Do everything possible to distance Candidate Trump from the party as an entity, don't fund his campaign, and focus fervently and explicitly on turnout and the downticket.

If it comes down to "vote your conscience for POTUS, even if that means leaving that line blank on your ballot—but definitely come out to vote Republican for everything else" as the driving message for several months, so be it. Hell, openly promote the Johnson Option, which hurts Trump, gives dissatisfied GOP voters a top-ticket reason to come vote, and let's the GOP spend four years talking about mandate-free :abuela: because of a spoiler candidate.

Push for party unity behind ideals instead of a toxic candidate, and drill the point that the GOP needs to hold Congress to support those ideals. Let Trump twist in the wind without going so far as to replace him as nominee.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/tpm/status/744974927002902529

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

shiksa posted:

No! It's perfectly in balance!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bunleigh posted:

I think we all just assumed he was because how could he not be?
Florida residents have no recollection of him being this much of a doofus as governor and until this primary largely held him in high esteem. It's weird.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JT Jag posted:

Florida residents have no recollection of him being this much of a doofus as governor and until this primary largely held him in high esteem. It's weird.

I just assume Jeb retreated into the Bush Bubble for a decade and emerged a clueless simpleton. Jeb's campaign might have made more sense in 2006 but it was left in some sort of suspended animation.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Trump does not even have to respond to this Firing news. Corey did all of his talking for him. While I wish that CNN showed the Biden speech, the interview was mind blowing and even the other CNN reporters were lost by all the poo poo he said.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Squizzle posted:

I am not inclined to believe anyone saying that the RNC has a clear best path to manage the Trump reality. They GOP has gotten into a p. severe Kobayashi Maru situation and has to just pick whatever bad choice they're willing to live with. I'm just a simple country shitposter, but I'd suggest letting Trump fuckin' bomb in the general. Do everything possible to distance Candidate Trump from the party as an entity, don't fund his campaign, and focus fervently and explicitly on turnout and the downticket.

If it comes down to "vote your conscience for POTUS, even if that means leaving that line blank on your ballot—but definitely come out to vote Republican for everything else" as the driving message for several months, so be it. Hell, openly promote the Johnson Option, which hurts Trump, gives dissatisfied GOP voters a top-ticket reason to come vote, and let's the GOP spend four years talking about mandate-free :abuela: because of a spoiler candidate.

Push for party unity behind ideals instead of a toxic candidate, and drill the point that the GOP needs to hold Congress to support those ideals. Let Trump twist in the wind without going so far as to replace him as nominee.

Yeah if that doesn't cause a ton of people to vote Trump but not straight R because of the naked betrayal

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/744970133941035008

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lewandowski gets some sympathy from a fellow fired Trump aide:

quote:

“It’s a sad day. Nobody likes to see anybody in the industry get fired,” Nunberg said. “Oh wait, Corey called 20 reporters the day I got fired.”

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Homeless Friend posted:

Remember when jeb spent $2800 per vote in Iowa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENU789s3xv4

Haha I live in Iowa and got that mailer.

I take it as a point of pride that everywhere I move I wind up on the local Republican party's "voters to target" list and constantly get expensive mailers they wasted money sending to me.

I will bleed the Republicans dry 45 cents at a time.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This thread today might be the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

what is with the bizarre chairs politicians are sitting in nowadays by the way, what is that brasss-tacked monstrosity and why is it on what i'm assuming is a stage?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

shiksa posted:

He was there at our beginning and he'll be here far past our end. His plastic coif sitting untouched on our melting planet as it finally succumbs to the expanding sun.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

what is with the bizarre chairs politicians are sitting in nowadays by the way, what is that brasss-tacked monstrosity and why is it on what i'm assuming is a stage?

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/744989553157603328
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/744989938492399616
lol
did anyone ever confirm joe isn't dave

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lindsey Graham's greatest pleasure in life is sitting on his porch sipping a mint julep while he watches the GOP burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Trump Twitter watch: 10 hours and counting since last tweet.

• Locked thread