Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

strangemusic posted:

I believe he meant "okizoomy" tbh.

Also what are y'all doing just getting mad all the time in this thread anymore, come to the chillgoons Overwatch thread and play some Overwatch and embrace tranquility all day every day.

gently caress your overwatch. loving babby fps. Play some goddamned DooM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Love Stole the Day posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON YOUR COMPUTER :siren: :siren: :siren:

I blindly listened to A.o.D.'s recommendation in the hopes that it would finally make my joystick work properly without needing to involve Joy2Key, but after installing them into my game they have caused the Start Menu button (the Enter key, on PC) to not work at all outside of the Main Menu (e.g. you cannot leave Training Mode without closing the game). Even after the .dll files are removed. The popular consensus with the people I've talked to about it is that the .dll files might be interpreted by SF5 as a hack.

For the record I have had exaclty zero problems with these drivers over multiple sessions.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

A.o.D. posted:

For the record I have had exaclty zero problems with these drivers over multiple sessions.

I'm confused as hell. I was practicing anti-airs, closed the game to install it, re-opened the game, and couldn't use the start menu anymore so I couldn't configure the dummy to continue practicing anti-airs.

edit-- vvvvvvvvvvvvvv i know, right? i looked through the c++ on github and didn't see anything remotely malicious. and yet here i am.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

:siren: :siren: :siren: DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON YOUR COMPUTER :siren: :siren: :siren:

I blindly listened to A.o.D.'s recommendation in the hopes that it would finally make my joystick work properly without needing to involve Joy2Key, but after installing them into my game they have caused the Start Menu button (the Enter key, on PC) to not work at all outside of the Main Menu (e.g. you cannot leave Training Mode without closing the game). Even after the .dll files are removed. The popular consensus with the people I've talked to about it is that the .dll files might be interpreted by SF5 as a hack.

Are you sure it's not something else that caused this? There's no code pertaining to keyboards in that dll at all.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Lol learn how to use computers or get a PS4. Even if these were actually causing issues, deleting the dll files from the binary folder would have already fixed it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Constellation I posted:

Lol learn how to use computers or get a PS4. Even if these were actually causing issues, deleting the dll files from the binary folder would have already fixed it.

Best case scenario is that I'm just a retard who somehow changed some relevant game setting or feature in the span of the 5 minutes or whatever that it took to close the game and install the .dll things. Removing them hasn't made a difference, either, so I'm confused as hell.

I'm really hoping you're right.

-A69-
Apr 2, 2009

croutonZA posted:

Do you have a Wacom tablet or something similar? Unplug it or the game will crash. If not and you're on Windows 10, open Task Manager and close a background process called "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel".

Edit: It's baffling that this is still an issue since it was reported during the first pc beta but Capcom I guess.

The task manager thing helped, thanks! Don't know why the touchscreen stuff would have any affect on that, but whatever.
Thanks again.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I think some of you guys may get a kick out of this. Go to "Audience (2 weeks)".

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 20, 2016

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's fun to troll as Birdie and do ridiculous 40% combos. Having a nice AA and forcing people to play neutral exposes the gently caress out of them, too. This game is so goddamn simple and stupid though I already know Birdie's 10 combos. Also smoke weed before you play, its kind of like an IRL V Trigger

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Firstborn posted:

Also smoke weed before you play, its kind of like an IRL V Trigger

Blazin' Hadoooken!

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Bisse posted:

If this is interpreted as a hack and the game refuses to work then how do people switch models around?

It's probably easier to tell if a DLL was loaded from the wrong location than tell if some textures and models are the right ones or not.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DziD_adtSV0

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Firstborn posted:

Also smoke weed before you play

nah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i play like poo poo when i smoke but i do it anyways

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the real trick is to mainline anime while wearing a furry hat

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think some of you guys may get a kick out of this. Go to "Audience (2 weeks)".

One of the tags for the game is "Psychological Horror" ?

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

One of the tags for the game is "Psychological Horror" ?

That checks out.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just noticed when Birdie uses his v trigger the cuts in his pants that show his skin don't turn red. I think he's wearing a pair of stockings.

Maybe he's using Spanx

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Firstborn posted:

Visualizing this in my head makes me wish I were good at drawing and animation. The 'freeze frame' and the sound effect would be your character taking a huge hit, and then when the freeze frame finishes, it comes out as Dhalsim's V-Trigger. The floor of fire thing or a yoga flame, except smoke.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Visualizing this in my head makes me wish I were good at drawing and animation. The 'freeze frame' and the sound effect would be your character taking a huge hit, and then when the freeze frame finishes, it comes out as Dhalsim's V-Trigger. The floor of fire thing or a yoga flame, except smoke.

loving awesome bro.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The secret of Japan's success finally revealed

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Does smoking weed provide 8 frames of delay in real life actions?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

-A69- posted:

Question: Sfv keeps booting me out, without a error message or promt, every 15 minutes. Anyone know why that might be? I can provide PC specs if necessary.

Kill the process Tabtip.exe.

Do you have a drawing tablet or touch screen? If you unplug or disable it that process won't start in the first place.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Microwaves Mom posted:

Does smoking weed provide 8 frames of delay in real life actions?

idk but it can give you a delayed wake up. Just ask my boss today.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Klades posted:

It's probably easier to tell if a DLL was loaded from the wrong location than tell if some textures and models are the right ones or not.

Actually, not fundamentally. Finding out if data's been modified is a checksum thing while finding out where a loaded DLL is requires semi-obscure knowledge of the right function (and if they didn't have the kind of programmer who can add DInput support to UE4 they probably don't have the kind of programmer who can add dll checks either). But the real trick is defining the "wrong location", and a prime recipe for disasters because it's so easy to have a config that's non-conventional in this regard.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Best case scenario is that I'm just a retard who somehow changed some relevant game setting or feature in the span of the 5 minutes or whatever that it took to close the game and install the .dll things. Removing them hasn't made a difference, either, so I'm confused as hell.

I'm really hoping you're right.

Maybe you changed to that setting where you need to hold the start button for a second for it to work ingame?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

Maybe you changed to that setting where you need to hold the start button for a second for it to work ingame?

So here's what happened: when I installed the .dll files, I tried to look for where the control button config thing in the game was so that I could test the buttons to make sure they work properly. The first place I checked was the Settings tab in the main menu because that makes sense, right? No of course not. Apparently, while I was scrolling through the settings submenus to search for this mysterious button check menu I must have accidentally switched the pause thing from Type A to Type B without realizing it somehow. The loving thing doesn't even explain what the difference is in the menu itself!

I'll go back and edit my post because I'm a loving retard. I had no idea that feature even existed much less that it was a thing you could do. Legitimately thought the game disabled some subtle bullshit to deter hackers or whatever. I was so confused.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 21, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/20/combofiend-actually-street-fighter-5s-eight-frames-input-lag-was-not-design-choice/

oh my loving god

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its fun watching capcom usa fire back at capcom japan

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh man c'mon keep going i want this to get fun, c'mon capcom japan, now you throw a jab at capcom usa and capcom usa you throw that pocket full of sand in capcom japans face

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
Combo claims that Sugiyama's comment was just misinterpreted in English, which I suppose is possible? Maybe whoever spread that info in English just didn't totally get what he said.

Does anybody have a link to the video he said it in? I'd like to hear it for myself

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the last time capcom usa and capcom japan had a slap fight over street fighter we got hyper fighting and super turbo

so i'm hoping for a slap fight here

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

The Timely Howard posted:

Combo claims that Sugiyama's comment was just misinterpreted in English, which I suppose is possible? Maybe whoever spread that info in English just didn't totally get what he said.

Does anybody have a link to the video he said it in? I'd like to hear it for myself

https://www.twitch.tv/topangatv/v/72555337

I'm watching it myself right now

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Just have Capcom USA and Capcom Japan make competing fighting games already.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
When exactly did Capcom turn into 1990s era Sega in terms of branch synergy?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Got a timestamp?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

When exactly did Capcom turn into 1990s era Sega in terms of branch synergy?

sometime in the 1990s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

apple posted:

Got a timestamp?

https://www.twitch.tv/topangatv/v/72555337?t=1h33m24s