Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

As said before, Ali would go to town on his face. He was freaky fast for heavyweight. But above that, he also had a torso like a tree-trunk. He could seemingly take body blows that would have reduced a lesser mortal's organs to paste.

I seem to recall that the gif of Ali in question is from an exhibition fight, so the point was to entertain as much as anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I seem to recall that the gif of Ali in question is from an exhibition fight, so the point was to entertain as much as anything.
Unless I'm completely wrong that's the Ali vs Foreman fight. Foreman would have completely taken his head off given the chance. Exhibition or not Foreman was not to be messed with unless you're Ali.

The ropes in that fight were super loose for some reason and it really helped Ali play out that strategy.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Darkhold posted:

Unless I'm completely wrong that's the Ali vs Foreman fight. Foreman would have completely taken his head off given the chance. Exhibition or not Foreman was not to be messed with unless you're Ali.

The ropes in that fight were super loose for some reason and it really helped Ali play out that strategy.

I need to go back and look, the only reason I'm thinking that is deadspin I think posted it and noted it was an exhibition. I could be misremembering though.

edit: Here it is. Says it's an exhibition against Michael Dokes. http://deadspin.com/i-cant-stop-watching-muhammad-ali-dodge-21-punches-in-1-1481849901

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Jun 21, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's an exhibition match between Ali and Michael Dokes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM9MHi20Vlc

He probably still could've gotten pretty hurt, but Dokes was apparently still new to the pro circuit at the time.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
e. poo poo, too slow.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Wow I must be blind. Sorry.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Non Serviam posted:

I practice Krav Maga, and the reason why I opted not to do MMA was because too many of the people involved (particularly in lower levels) seem to be cunts eager to prove something.

Those videos of the rear end in a top hat MMA fighter who'd just keep pulling legs despite the other tapping out are kind of my point.

That rear end in a top hat MMA fighter is reviled by pretty much everyone else practicing or following the sport and everyone was happy when he got his clock cleaned last time, so that would kind of go against your theory.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kennel posted:

e. poo poo, too slow.

So was Michael Dokes.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Also: Sean O'Connel exists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj-dz9BcEhs

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ratbert90 posted:

Oh sorry mom, I meant that meat is god awful for the environment. The amount of land, resources, and water it takes to grow a single cow is far greater than most crops. :v:

Have you two made up?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ratbert90 posted:

Oh sorry mom, I meant that meat is god awful for the environment. The amount of land, resources, and water it takes to grow a single cow is far greater than most crops. :v:
Are we playing spot the vegetarian? :lol:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

ratbert90 posted:

We should probably kill and eat you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Testekill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-EexAXMsLE

Pretty famous UFC moment involving a liver shot

This too, from April. Cejudo looks like he's already done after the first one:
http://gfycat.com/NimbleLeanAlaskankleekai

Actually speaking of respect in MMA and all that, O'Connel just had a fight on Saturday against another guy mostly known for knockouts, but they went all the way to a decision. Plenty of knockdowns, but nobody could score the KO.

With like 15 seconds left in the fight they both reached up and touched gloves, then dropped their guards and started throwing haymakers.

So I guess kind of the opposite of that sparring respect example.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 16:18 on Jun 21, 2016

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

That's not the video I expect when I hear that soundtrack.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

BrianBoitano posted:

That's not the video I expect when I hear that soundtrack.

I bet it is for some people. :quagmire:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
What happened to LA Beast?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1CS-UEVRgE

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Those seals further down the docks gave no fucks.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Aphrodite posted:

Actually speaking of respect in MMA and all that, O'Connel just had a fight on Saturday against another guy mostly known for knockouts, but they went all the way to a decision. Plenty of knockdowns, but nobody could score the KO.

Not for lack of trying. Bosse and O'Connell hit each other with tons of power, but it seems they both have chins made of diamondillium.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

And people said I was crazy prepping for the wacky waving arm flailing tubeman uprising

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there are certain sentence starters that are very helpful for letting you know whoever is speaking is a tremendous piece of poo poo, such as "I'm not racist, but" or "I practice Krav Maga, and"

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Alaois posted:

there are certain sentence starters that are very helpful for letting you know whoever is speaking is a tremendous piece of poo poo, such as "I'm not racist, but" or "I practice Krav Maga, and"

how about "there are certain sentence starters that"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
how about "how about"?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Azhais posted:

how about "how about"?

Actually, ...

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

Not for lack of trying. Bosse and O'Connell hit each other with tons of power, but it seems they both have chins made of diamondillium.

Wernstrom!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

To be quite honest...

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Can't knock the dude who doesn't want to chug 3 bottles of sriracha anymore.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ratbert90 posted:

lol

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

I mean irony aside, this doesn't work in practice because the food that animals eat isn't fit for human consumption. They turn what would otherwise be most likely burned into useful protein.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So Mighty No 9 finally released, sort of.

The PC Version works somewhat but isn't stable and is detected by some installers as a virus, the XBOX 360 version is delayed a few days because of some last minute stability issues, the Wii-U version is barely functional. And the Handheld versions have been pushed back to a later date.

Backers have gotten the codes for the wrong versions, or the wrong platform. People didn't get codes for all the DLC they paid for. And after the game crashed during a livestream of the launch the developers said "You know what, even if it's not perfect, that's better than nothing."

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/745160051694800898

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I had high hopes for Mighty No.9 :smith: good thing I didn't pre-order it, at least.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
What's the point of pre ordering digital stuff? Am I just too old and out of the loop? I remember pre ordering all of the old GTAs because otherwise finding them anywhere other than a lucky grab at a KMart was annoying as poo poo, but digital poo poo never runs out as far as I understand it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They usually give extra goodies with pre-ordering. That, and big games like Fallout 4 let you preload the game a bit before release so you don't have to spend as long waiting for it to download if you're stuck with poo poo internet.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Half a second before

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Well now :smith:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Drone_Fragger posted:

I mean irony aside, this doesn't work in practice because the food that animals eat isn't fit for human consumption. They turn what would otherwise be most likely burned into useful protein.

Actually...cattle in particular eat an awful lot of corn. Actual corn. An estimate from 1997 suggests that we could feed 800 million people with the corn we devoted to cattle that year. Unfortunately, like many other nonhumans (particularly dogs and cats), bovine digestive systems aren't designed to digest corn efficiently, with the result being an awful lot of methane production (and room-clearing dog & cat farts).

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Aerdan posted:

Actually...cattle in particular eat an awful lot of corn. Actual corn. An estimate from 1997 suggests that we could feed 800 million people with the corn we devoted to cattle that year. Unfortunately, like many other nonhumans (particularly dogs and cats), bovine digestive systems aren't designed to digest corn efficiently, with the result being an awful lot of methane production (and room-clearing dog & cat farts).

Jesus gently caress shut up

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bieberfreude is best schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aerdan posted:

Good, anything to speed up global warming. The sooner we get warmer wetter conditions there will be more land to plant more corn to feed to more cows to produce more methane. It's the circle of life.