Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Thisuck posted:

Whoa that's pretty cool... almost... tentacool...

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

She just needs 7 of them so it's nbd.

Making them fly however...

Zombie Angels? not like the Angels are doing anything else besides going batty and dying.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

BJPaskoff posted:

I used Nahiri's ultimate to grab an Avacyn and attack for lethal tonight. I think I can stop drafting Shadows over Innistrad now, I've gotten all the achievements.

You Drafted Nahiri and Avacyn?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Finally, a me'merakul emerges

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Onmi posted:

I realize that I'm not supposed to be thinking too hard on this since Chandra nuked two titans with fire, but is Liliana's big plan to fighting Emrakul literally "Horde of Zombies."?

I... don't think that's going to work.

Chain Veil is a powerful drug, yo.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Uziduke posted:

You Drafted Nahiri and Avacyn?

P1P1 Avacyn, P2P1 Nahiri, P3P1 foil Duskwatch Recruiter because I'm greedy. I ended up 4-0. I asked my last round opponent if he wanted to split, but he felt he was on a hot streak and wanted to play it out.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Apparently the name of Liliana's card will be "Liliana, the Last Hope", this was discovered in promotional posters. Nothing else is known about the card other than the name.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

lust for war is the best roe archetype

thats a p hosed up way to say surreal memoir

(preferably with mnemonic wall and splinter twin :twisted:)

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
We drafted EMA twice out of my second box at the local store last night. We had 5 dudes, so I bought 6 extra packs, and we had a 6th dude want to join in for the second one, so the second draft was 1KTK 2 EMA, since the common lands were the same. It was a really good time.

Jace, Karakas, 2 wastelands, vamp tutor, and some other pretty cool things.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Onmi posted:

Zombie Angels? not like the Angels are doing anything else besides going batty and dying.

Angels in Magic are basically golems so I don't think zombie angels work from a flavor perspective.

Also I'd say that Liliana's plan should simply be to come down and -2

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

I'm so happy :greatgift:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Chill la Chill posted:

God I love both this and the original. They're just perfect.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

I'm so happy :greatgift:

jesus christ that's already a really good deck and you get a pack 3 oona :vince:

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
We getting spoilers this week or was yesterday just a three-off?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Zoness posted:

jesus christ that's already a really good deck and you get a pack 3 oona :vince:

Guess what I got P3P6? Silkbind Faerie

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

Guess what I got P3P6? Silkbind Faerie

Now I'm kind of worried what kind of insane poo poo your opponents are packing if the best common in the set made it past 5 players in pack 3.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Zoness posted:

Now I'm kind of worried what kind of insane poo poo your opponents are packing if the best common in the set made it past 5 players in pack 3.

I got mana screwed with Oona in my hand two games in a row, of course. :(

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Terrible Horse posted:

We getting spoilers this week or was yesterday just a three-off?

Official spoilers start next week. Yesterday was just hype spoilers.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Official spoilers start next week. Yesterday was just hype spoilers.

So you're saying WOTC leaked themselves?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

So you're saying WOTC leaked themselves?

Well the legendary werewolf definitely wasn't intentional

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If it wasn't intentional let's stop talking about it lest we take food out of the mouth of Trick Jarrett.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Snacksmaniac posted:

If it wasn't intentional let's stop talking about it lest we take food out of the mouth of Trick Jarrett.

Illusions, M'rakul, tricks are for whores!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Oh, I guess those videos are once a week. So I guess that's all the spoilers.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

kizudarake posted:

Illusions, M'rakul, tricks are for whores!

:golfclap:

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping Blue and black both get a bump up for limited, and that zombies can actually be constructed playable.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
A year or two ago, living wish was featured in a t16 legacy deck at a European GP, Bant Dark Depths. Looked cool. Haven't seen anything of it since.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Wait... mindslaver and emmy allows you to look at you opponents sideboard while you control their turn?

I love this card even more now.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Wait... mindslaver and emmy allows you to look at you opponents sideboard while you control their turn?

I love this card even more now.

Mindslaver let's you do a lot of weird stuff, literally anything other than concede. Fail to finds, paying Phyrexian mana, etc. The Phyrexian mana one is worth noting because you can kill people with their own spellskites. Spellskites ability targets literally any spell or ability, whether it's a valid redirect or not, surprisingly few people know that.

My favorite was making a friend of mine at locals cast spoils of the vault naming Plains two games in a row.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Mindslaver let's you do a lot of weird stuff, literally anything other than concede. Fail to finds, paying Phyrexian mana, etc. The Phyrexian mana one is worth noting because you can kill people with their own spellskites. Spellskites ability targets literally any spell or ability, whether it's a valid redirect or not, surprisingly few people know that.

My favorite was making a friend of mine at locals cast spoils of the vault naming Plains two games in a row.

The best thing you can do with Mindslaver is Scapeshift, sac everything, and fail to find. There's no situation where it's better than just killing them but that's so much less fun.

Also yes, killing people with their own Spellskite is fantastic. They do have to have an even life total though.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Northjayhawk posted:

Apparently the name of Liliana's card will be "Liliana, the Last Hope", this was discovered in promotional posters. Nothing else is known about the card other than the name.

The new Lilly is what I want to see the most.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
My favorite mindslaver was when I was UGbw Prison Lands vs high tide in legacy and proceeded to attempt to go off with his deck on turn 3-4. He scooped after I cast a poo poo ton of spells and asked him for his sideboard so I could wish for "brain whatever, the mill one, I get to see what cards are in your board so I can't misname this and save you somehow FYI"

This was accomplished by an all-in manabond hand that was like manabond, 5 lands, loam in the opener, loaming into a tranquil thicket or some poo poo. I've literally never turbo'd that fast before or since.

This was after he went off in the previous game to mill me while I had academy ruins on the board and 4 consecutive turns thanks to his meditates to cast a mindslaver one turn and play the mindslaver the second turn and demonstrated to him that I could mindslaver every other turn (pitching a mox diamond to re-deck with academy ruins on the off-turns) and he scooped that game.

I proceeded to like 1-2 drop that tournament but it was a good first round!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I Mindslavered an Elfball player in a big EDH game who was a turn from going off, and then proceeded to run over everyone else at the table including myself. In my defense the prize payout was a pack per player that you KO'd, and by God I wanted a pack for KO'ing myself.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

C-Euro posted:

I Mindslavered an Elfball player in a big EDH game who was a turn from going off, and then proceeded to run over everyone else at the table including myself. In my defense the prize payout was a pack per player that you KO'd, and by God I wanted a pack for KO'ing myself.

Psh, that's nothing. Come back when you win a pack for JO'ing yourself.

e: wait nevermind that's basically what EDH is.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Hey Goons. What's the legacy scene like out in LA? There is a decent chance I might move out there for a job offer and I'm curious as to where to play and if there is anything in the South Bay area.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Hey Goons. What's the legacy scene like out in LA? There is a decent chance I might move out there for a job offer and I'm curious as to where to play and if there is anything in the South Bay area.

Knightware (their site is awful and super out of date) is the farthest LA I've been as a SoCal/OC goon. They also have like 20 (TWENTY) real life decks to loan out. No proxies, no bad substitutions. She wouldn't sell me Trinispheres last time I was there because she was pulling them to put together MUD.

There's a poo poo ton of legacy out in the greater SoCal area - if you don't mind driving an hour you can hit up big events 2-4 times a month.

Here's some facebook groups:

LA legacy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495347224093256/

SoCal legacy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/814900728571376/

MTG SoCal Magic
https://www.facebook.com/groups/725232300854206/

LAVA - LA Vintage Addicts (Knightware runs monthly proxy vintage)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/626768444121389/

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Chill la Chill posted:

I am so very okay with this meme of making Emrakul a beatnik.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You'll also be near Frank and Sons, probably one of the cheapest ways to get cards here in SoCal.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I don't get it, is there a reason Emrakul is a beatnik? Is it referencing something?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Sigma-X posted:

Knightware (their site is awful and super out of date) is the farthest LA I've been as a SoCal/OC goon. They also have like 20 (TWENTY) real life decks to loan out. No proxies, no bad substitutions. She wouldn't sell me Trinispheres last time I was there because she was pulling them to put together MUD.

I hope they've got bars on the windows or at least keep those in a safe because jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I don't get it, is there a reason Emrakul is a beatnik? Is it referencing something?
Emrakul is pronounced em-rah-cool. "Cool" is originally part of beatnik slang. That's it.

• Locked thread