Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alternatively, offer in mixed currency that would take hours to convert to 90-95% of what he's asking.

You get to keep your chaos and he ends up with currency that is still better than the 70-80% that people would be willing to pay in chaos.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
My goddamn addiction to rolling new characters strikes again :argh:

The Doomfletch Pathfinder I played was strong, but I ended up squishier than I wanted, and I would frequently oneshot myself on ele reflect rares - the build does a ton of damage and you're hitting enemies with elemental effects non-stop. Turns out 330% added damage is a loving lot!

Decided to go with a Blade Vortex Assassin. A proper green buzzsaw is a wonderful thing. Gonna nab a Divinarius for it at higher levels. I'd love a Carcass Jack but those are still over an ex each and I am mad poor because I keep starting new characters instead of mapping for money :smith:

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I want to make a dedicated bladefall poison miner with as much chaos damage as possible, so I was looking at 2x ming's heart, 2x obliteration. It would also be sweet to run tri-curse with copsri's will and heretic's veil, but is it actually possible to get enough effective life even as hybrid on the right side of the tree/with remaining gear slots? Or maybe I should drop the tri-curse/toxic delivery plans and just go full life onto the left side of the tree more.
Also, regarding crit for bladefall mines, is there a good way to get power charges in boss fights like atziri? Maybe a Jaws of Agony in the weapon swap? Or is it more effective as assassin to just get the crit on full/low life ascendancy nodes instead?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you're on the right side of the tree you might want to consider LL or CI.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Elentor posted:

Alternatively, offer in mixed currency that would take hours to convert to 90-95% of what he's asking.

You get to keep your chaos and he ends up with currency that is still better than the 70-80% that people would be willing to pay in chaos.

I typically use my mixed currency and not so much my chaos. Except I have recently found zana modded rampage gorge runs are super fun. So that is changing.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I always offer lower than asking price and it pays off almost all the time lol

got a taste of hate for 3ex 35c beat that

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Would Bringer of Rain be worth using for a Doom Prism/Siege Ballista build? Even though you can't use the melee damage link, it still adds lots of damage and works with the scion's hierophant node.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

If you're on the right side of the tree you might want to consider LL or CI.

I'm probably going to end up going CI and dropping Cospri's Will, I was just trying to figure out if there's some way I can use it since it would give an extra gem slot and save me from having to find a +curse amulet and allow me to not reroll hexproof maps. Since I plan on using 2x Ming's heart, hybrid is a real option since I'll probably end up with near capped chaos resistance, but I think with using cospri's will you still just don't have enough effective life.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

but that involves communicating with a person in a somewhat non-robotic fashion, which goons have clearly shown they are incapable of

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

but that involves communicating with a person in a somewhat non-robotic fashion, which goons have clearly shown they are incapable of

not taking 5 seconds to haggle makes you pay like a 10% autism tax or something

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

got a taste of hate for 3ex 35c beat that

Same managed to save 7 chaos on a neck a dude had up for 4 days. Low balled him 15c under his asking he said no and then I said meet me in the middle and he said yes.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Holy poo poo I just discovered the public stash tab thing after beating my head against the wall with procurement never showing me online and not updating prices completely. What a game changer.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

not taking 5 seconds to haggle makes you pay like a 10% autism tax or something

funny enough, I had a trade interaction yesterday that started off as terribletrade.txt ("hi do you have marohi erqi for sale??"), and ended with me getting double what I was asking for, just not in chaos orbs.

but time wasted on Interacting With Human Beings is time I can't mindlessly bitch about how uberlab is too hard or whatever.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

Same managed to save 7 chaos on a neck a dude had up for 4 days. Low balled him 15c under his asking he said no and then I said meet me in the middle and he said yes.

its peanuts individually (well I got a kaoms for 3ex instead of 4 which is a p good deal) but poo poo adds up, haggle people, do it, its not oblivion, prices wont go up if you fail the skillcheck

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

I don't know how much you're lowballing but I had a Call of the Brotherhood up for 55c for a while and just ignored the multiple people who asked to buy it for ~35c until someone just bought it for 55c. I feel like asking for more than a 20-25% cut in price is just asking to be ignored a lot, and I usually ask for about 10% off when I'm buying expensive items.

theshim
May 1, 2012

killstealing posted:

its peanuts individually (well I got a kaoms for 3ex instead of 4 which is a p good deal) but poo poo adds up, haggle people, do it, its not oblivion, prices wont go up if you fail the skillcheck
Not now, not later, not ever.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

theshim posted:

Not now, not later, not ever.

killstealing posted:

10% autism tax

checks out

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

I don't know how much you're lowballing but I had a Call of the Brotherhood up for 55c for a while and just ignored the multiple people who asked to buy it for ~35c until someone just bought it for 55c. I feel like asking for more than a 20-25% cut in price is just asking to be ignored a lot, and I usually ask for about 10% off when I'm buying expensive items.

He had it for 45c asked for 30 got him to do 37. The 4 day listing was what made me low ball that low. And it's a rare so I'm sure he wasn't getting offers all day like your specific unique. So it's definitely understandable to wait for what you want on a unique but rares have some wiggle room.

theshim
May 1, 2012

panda clue posted:

checks out
:smith:

To be fair I basically never buy anything worth more than 50c max because I never have any currency because I keep starting new characters instead of mapping consistently (and then I give all my poo poo away anyway).

panda clue
May 23, 2014

theshim posted:

because I never have any currency

if only there were ways to increase your currency pool with minimal effort.................

panda clue
May 23, 2014
full disclosure: I get loving loaded every league by goon standards (probably average 100ex net worth by the end of every league, quitting halfway into the league), and I list loving everything that looks like it has a chance of maybe selling for 5c-20c. Someone makes an offer that's at least 75% of what I'm asking in that range and I immediately take it without a second thought, and I don't even have to say a single word to them to do it. 99% of my trades end up with me typing 'tygl' and that's literally it.

people saying they refuse to interact with people and that they refuse to ever change their prices, this is why you don't have money.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 21, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
So I guess I should be going Koam's Primacy -> Hezmana's -> Marohi on the jeb quake build? I don't have poo poo for currency yet and I'm only level 56 so a 2c Primacy will get me 380dps, then a 400+ Hezmana's is even less which will let me progress for cheap.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Im a noob but I split my items into 2 categories: good items that I don't budge on since they're wanted, and the rest. The rest are items I'll literally take any offer greater than like half the asking price for. I assume everyone else also uses this system so thats why I haggle

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

Im a noob but I split my items into 2 categories: good items that I don't budge on since they're wanted, and the rest. The rest are items I'll literally take any offer greater than like half the asking price for. I assume everyone else also uses this system so thats why I haggle

exactly. if a dude wants my random half-garbage item at all, I'm happy to throw it off my shelf for any currency whatsoever rather than just let it sit in my stash until the end of the league.

also, as holyshoot mentioned, you can see how long an item has been for sale now. If you've had some mediocre item listed for 2 weeks at 20 chaos and you aren't willing to take 15 for it, I'm not going to trade with you on principle.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 21, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I check the poo poo I list and put it for a good price then lower it every few days instead of letting it rot. So far only one guy lowballed by 50% then he linked some lovely item he claimed he got instead of mine.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I definitely will not burn a portal to sell some garbo rare for 3 scourings and a fusing though :capitalism:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

I definitely will not burn a portal to sell some garbo rare for 3 scourings and a fusing though :capitalism:

I call that my 'trade floor'; the absolute minimum I'm willing to sell any item for, since otherwise I just don't find it at all worth my time. This rises and falls depending on my current liquid and net wealth in a given league. During the first two days of the league I am happy to sell gems and 4links for 1 alch or 1 fusing. Currently, I don't list anything for less than 4 chaos and I don't accept anything less than 3 unless I'm just sitting in my base.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
every time I get an offer for like 5c I really don't want to take I have to tell myself I'll one day be a poor and miserable bitch without a gg 6L and then I /sigh & tp back to town

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Scaeva is a stupidly powerful sword for how common it is. The base dps is just decent but it's the only sword in existence that has 9%+ crit, along with the potential for decent dual leech on the socket colors. Combined with an Abyssus I'm doing way more damage on a sword/shield lacerate duelist than I've managed on any similar builds in the past. I guess Abyssus is way less common now because it cost me a lot, which is weird in hardcore, but the overall price is still less than a cheap Abyssus and some 2ex+ crit rapier.

theshim
May 1, 2012

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Scaeva is a stupidly powerful sword for how common it is. The base dps is just decent but it's the only sword in existence that has 9%+ crit, along with the potential for decent dual leech on the socket colors. Combined with an Abyssus I'm doing way more damage on a sword/shield lacerate duelist than I've managed on any similar builds in the past. I guess Abyssus is way less common now because it cost me a lot, which is weird in hardcore, but the overall price is still less than a cheap Abyssus and some 2ex+ crit rapier.
Abyssus is also being grabbed by Facebreaker builds, which are pretty popular now with the new Shield Charge being actually good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

which one of you dudes gave me a lioneyes fall last night because i just want to say thanks again and i love you

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bugsy posted:

So I guess I should be going Koam's Primacy -> Hezmana's -> Marohi on the jeb quake build? I don't have poo poo for currency yet and I'm only level 56 so a 2c Primacy will get me 380dps, then a 400+ Hezmana's is even less which will let me progress for cheap.

I just went Geofri's > Marohi on my EQ Jugg.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Also if you don't like being low balled or won't budge on a number use the fixed price option. Should deter most people that will offer a lower price.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

Also if you don't like being low balled or won't budge on a number use the fixed price option. Should deter most people that will offer a lower price.

That's what I do for the first ~week or so. I only deal in fusings or chaos at that point, and I usually do fusings at the rate I think it'll be for most of the league. Mostly because people undervalue the poo poo out of fusings at the start, and because lots of people only deal in chaos starting out. I hate to do that to people, but uh, I need to buy gear too and if everyone else is demanding chaos I kinda need it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Scaeva is a stupidly powerful sword for how common it is. The base dps is just decent but it's the only sword in existence that has 9%+ crit, .

wait the main hand bonus crit is local? I always thought it was global, and I bet many people price it as such

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Magus42 posted:

I just went Geofri's > Marohi on my EQ Jugg.

I dont have the 20 chaos that they are selling for on phc.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Yeah, I won't ever bother trying to haggle with people with 'fixed price', unless its something that is obviously overpriced in the current market and has been listed for over a week. Then I'll sometimes consider it since they maybe just forgot about the item.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

The Real Foogla posted:

wait the main hand bonus crit is local? I always thought it was global, and I bet many people price it as such

Yep, it's local. Scaeva is amazing. My 1H Crit Reave Juggernaut is destroying poo poo.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I've been playing this game for almost 200 hours and have never been part of the goon guild. Can I get an invite to it? Current IGN is Laceration_Station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I pretty much accept any trade offer as long as its close enough to my asking price. I am also not picky when it comes to mixing currency, as long as its equivalent (with the exception of like, thousands of scrolls or transmutes for something). Two days ago I had 20c, an hour ago I had 17 ex, and now I am back to like 30c. I just like to spend as little time as possible trading so I can get back to killing monsters and getting more drops.

• Locked thread