Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Henry as a heister would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I want to make a joke about him driving the Longfellow referencing Drive By Shooting but it's just not coming together.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mars needs Cheerleaders!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Meldonox posted:

I want to make a joke about him driving the Longfellow referencing Drive By Shooting but it's just not coming together.

Close enough version, he can shout "Watch out for that pig!" when you mark someone.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Thompsons posted:

Well if Henry Rollins becomes a heister then it's clear how he needs to play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM

this is amazing

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

duckfarts posted:

this is amazing

Mad Stan is literally just Henry Rollins if he decided bombs were the best way to punctuate his spoken word performances. "He's unstoppable when he's on a rant" is basically a perfect line.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I was also thinking Nicolas Cage would be an interesting heister. An A-list actor turned criminal after producing and starring in a series of flops could work for backstory.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

David D. Davidson posted:

I was also thinking Nicolas Cage would be an interesting heister. An A-list actor turned criminal after producing and starring in a series of flops could work for backstory.

On if he talks us into heisting fake dinosaur bones.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A stealth only heist where you steal the declaration of independence

at the end your prize is a piece of half-eaten toast

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
If we are dreaming now, Sir Ben Kingsley would be a good contractor. He's almost perfect too.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

No, if we're doing Henry Rollins, we need a Shatner heister to go with him so they can these bits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3PoEwRi5XQ

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

Same, only a nihilistic Tom Hanks whose career never took a downturn but needed more excitement in his life.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Payday 2 and all DLC with the notable exception of the Biker packs just went on a 75% sale.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

poo poo, now more people can play as Sydney :negative:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh, and you can play for free until July 4th. Time to celebrate freedom :911:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hail Satan. :911:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

FIRE UP THE GAS BOYS. PUBSTOVE IS GONNA BE PACKED TO THE GILLS.

As I quietly snap up the missing DLCs and try to get in.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is there a way to rename skill builds?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Click on the name and type a new one?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This is very well timed. Note that the new safes are scheduled to come out on the 24th. This will be a massive shot in the arm for the marketplace soft reset.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grapplejack posted:

poo poo, now more people can play as Sydney :negative:

But Sydney is great

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

BillmasterCozb posted:

But Sydney is great

But that means more competition to play as her.

Fortunately I spent $5 so that I don't have to deal with discounted characters and can always hear Ron Perlman telling every special to suck his fat dick.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

This is very well timed. Note that the new safes are scheduled to come out on the 24th. This will be a massive shot in the arm for the marketplace soft reset.

Not to mention some good P.R. Talking to people who haven't played the game, there was a lot of misinformation out there about the safe system.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I like how even when Overkill clearly stated that none of the old safes are being grandfathered into the new system you still get topics popping up asking why drills are needed to open them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

Payday 2 and all DLC with the notable exception of the Biker packs just went on a 75% sale.
Thank you for pointing this out.

poo poo this reminds me that buying a whole bunch of DLC at once is a huge pain in the rear end.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Plan Z posted:

Not to mention some good P.R. Talking to people who haven't played the game, there was a lot of misinformation out there about the safe system.

Yeah, being able to tell people "actually Overkill is taking microtransactions out" gets a lot of positive response, that's for sure

I'll probably pick up some DLC when the Steam sale actually starts. Two days, presumably.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A couple more things from the news:

1. in case there was any doubt, the safe we're getting on Thursday will be the Biker safe. The preview images look really promising.

2. Payday 1 is 90% off for the base game. It's definitely worth buying at that price, if just to experience how the game has changed.

Also, secretstuff: this weird thing is scrawled near the top of one of the pillars at the bunker in the new heist. Can anyone make anything of it?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
just snagged the mod courier, bbq pack, lmg pack, shot gun pack, and sydney pack for the significant other.

Nothing says a burning hot love like a flamethrower.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I gave up and just bought all the DLC. Payday 3 better be good, Starbreeze :unsmith:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I gave up and just bought all the DLC. Payday 3 better be good, Starbreeze :unsmith:

Welcome to Almir$ $laves! You can now use our clan tag, [A$$]!

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I grabbed Butcher's and AK/CAR with my filthy steam card money. Even managed to do a few of the cheevos with rando pubs somehow. Not 100% sold on using a CAR instead of my KSP, but we'll see.

That China Puff grenade launcher's pretty legit, though. They should just make the GL40 a secondary at this point, because I'm pretty sure this thing is better in every way that matters.

Unrelated question: Is there a limit or diminishing returns on threat? I just equipped the Muscle deck and I've been enjoying watching cops dive for cover.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The CAR4 has been a mediocre at best gun for a while now.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Magnetic North posted:

I grabbed Butcher's and AK/CAR with my filthy steam card money. Even managed to do a few of the cheevos with rando pubs somehow. Not 100% sold on using a CAR instead of my KSP, but we'll see.

That China Puff grenade launcher's pretty legit, though. They should just make the GL40 a secondary at this point, because I'm pretty sure this thing is better in every way that matters.

Unrelated question: Is there a limit or diminishing returns on threat? I just equipped the Muscle deck and I've been enjoying watching cops dive for cover.

Muscle panic actually has nothing to do with cops diving, or with threat. Threat, through some arcane arithmetic that only people who huffed Long Guide too long will immediately remember, determines the chance that cops in a certain arc from where you're firing with do dives and such. Muscle's panic chance is static, and causes them to grab their heads and crouch like scared babies who can't handle someone emptying a minigun in their general direction. This is a static per-bullet percentage chance, that I think isn't even effected by gun type, which makes LMGs and full auto SMGs especially good Muscle weapons.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Can someone who doesn't have the Wolf Pack DLC in either Payday 1 or 2 tell me if buying it in 1 still gives it to you for free in 2?

Just out of curiosity, I already own both. Also I encourage waiting until the Steam sale actually starts :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

UnknownMercenary posted:

The CAR4 has been a mediocre at best gun for a while now.

What ones are decent now? I haven't played since the CAR4 with all the mods was the God Among Guns.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Magnetic North posted:

Threat isn't a great stat to build, you're better off ignoring it entirely and relying on the panic procs from Muscle or Sociopath.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Threat isn't a great stat to build, you're better off ignoring it entirely and relying on the panic procs from Muscle or Sociopath.

To double down on this, I think that panic procs from the perk decks have an additional feature beyond threat responses-they disrupt enemies pursuing an interruption (powerbox, drill, etc) task. Not 100% certain that threat doesn't also do that, but it's very handy.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 22, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ClonedPickle posted:

Can someone who doesn't have the Wolf Pack DLC in either Payday 1 or 2 tell me if buying it in 1 still gives it to you for free in 2?

Just out of curiosity, I already own both. Also I encourage waiting until the Steam sale actually starts :v:

yes, getting it for 1 does give it to you in 2.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I just got this game and will be looking to play alot this weekend....are goons still active? How do I go about getting games? just join camping the stairs?

e: is there a newbie guide more comprehensive than the OP or just...join and play and figure it out?

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Ugh, that's moderately disappointing. Thanks.