Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

T-Square posted:

Jesus Christ, I loving hate people. There's a tiny angry old man in our service drive who's been losing his poo poo and screaming at our Assistant Service Manager for a solid 20 minutes about how we damaged his car and we have to pay for it or he's going to sue.
Did he lose his shins killin' fiddy men?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, while they deliberately put in things like Xavier's school, the helicarrier, Bob (implied to be he of Agent of Hydra status) in the film, Deadpool is very much a 3rd party viewpoint in comparison to our two current big hitters of how Marvel stuff is portrayed, though with a strong lean to the X-Men side of the party.

:toot: Good stuff!

I need to sort my OS/R hub seal, rebuild a gearbox to go in it, paint it, and a ton of other stuff, but at least I have it actively usable, which is better than I managed for most of 2014 and 2015.

My series 2 has run out of MOT (accidentally) :(
It should hopefully pass it if i pressure wash the oil leaks off everything and then offer up its annual sacrifice of a can of brake cleaner for the handbrake drum, and another one for the brake drums.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Because they didn't involve any of the main cast of the X-Men films thus far, or do anything that ties into their continuity, so until that happens it kind of remains a self-contained deal.

Same studio, same producers, tons of references to the X-Men and Wolverine.

Not seeing how it's 3rd party at all.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

My series 2 has run out of MOT (accidentally) :(
It should hopefully pass it if i pressure wash the oil leaks off everything and then offer up its annual sacrifice of a can of brake cleaner for the handbrake drum, and another one for the brake drums.
I'd just do the seals, to be honest, they're cheap enough, and it'll need doing at some point.

Rhyno posted:

Same studio, same producers, tons of references to the X-Men and Wolverine.

Not seeing how it's 3rd party at all.
I don't mean it's made by someone else, I mean that it's currently not tied into either ongoing cinema universe. They're very careful to keep it separate even when touching on other stuff.

My feeling is that now they've seen how popular it is, they'll be less inclined to keep it at arm's length and that may change. If nothing else, I'd really like them to bring Deadpool's Colossus into the X-Men franchise, I don't have any problem with Daniel Cudmore's version, but there was something just right about what they did there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

I'd just do the seals, to be honest, they're cheap enough, and it'll need doing at some point.

I don't mean it's made by someone else, I mean that it's currently not tied into either ongoing cinema universe. They're very careful to keep it separate even when touching on other stuff.

My feeling is that now they've seen how popular it is, they'll be less inclined to keep it at arm's length and that may change. If nothing else, I'd really like them to bring Deadpool's Colossus into the X-Men franchise, I don't have any problem with Daniel Cudmore's version, but there was something just right about what they did there.

Well the Helicarrier thing was designed to make it seem like it was part of the MCU but it's clearly in the X-Men film universe, there were even references to the new timeline more than once.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

I use Podcast Addict. You point it at a podcast[0], and it figures out what episodes there are and in what order they go. It then lets you download episodes for future playback. I don't think it notifies you when new episodes come out (though that might be configurable), but it is aware of them.

[0]Like, you give it the URL to the podcast's website and it figures out what the url to the RSS feed is, etc.
First answer, best answer. This app is pretty awesome, might even pay the $2.99 to get rid of the fukken ads.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Hopefully the brakes just need a clean and adjust. Did the stub axle rings and fitted proper leather hub seals on 2 of the hubs a year or two ago so I don't think I have any hub oil leaks.

My FWH's piss oil out over the front because I haven't found anywhere to buy the outer gasket from and haven't got round to buying some paper and a making my own. Hopefully its just that and the lack of moving that is making them a bit uneven.

The seal on the back of the handbrake drum can gently caress right off. Did it about 3 years running and it always just leaks again after a few months. Its not pouring out now, so the brake still works - just not well enough for my MOT man without it being cleaned up.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

Just got my landrover to start for the first time in almost 2 years!. :feelsgood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXV4msqFWCI

Was amazed it starts and it even holds a steady RPM for a short period, considering that the LPG feed pipe is just loosely sat in place (the hiss in the video is LPG leaking out), as is all the intake pipework, and there are poo poo loads of vacuum leaks on the plenum where i haven't plumbed poo poo up.

Connecting a laptop to a Landy seems wrong.

Like nailing an iphone to a blackbird.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mariooncrack posted:

E/N time:

About 2 months ago a coworker went on leave. They weren't sure if he was going to come back.

Two or three weeks ago we found out that he wasn't coming back and he was in hospice.

Today we found out he passed away.

Today is not a good day.

Sucks man. We had something similar happen last month. Really nice guy from our support desk (probably about 55'ish at a guess, I didn't know him that well beyond greetings in the hallway) went in to get a kidney stone removed, no big deal, everything apparently went fine, but when he didn't come back to work after his scheduled time off they put in a call to the police for a welfare check. Guy lived alone and they think he had an adverse reaction to a medication or maybe just his time was up, who knows, they found him on the floor of his place when they forced entry to check on him.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T-Square posted:

Jesus Christ, I loving hate people. There's a tiny angry old man in our service drive who's been losing his poo poo and screaming at our Assistant Service Manager for a solid 20 minutes about how we damaged his car and we have to pay for it or he's going to sue.

This is AFTER he brought him into the Service Managers office, where they viewed the security footage from today together, and said tiny angry old man is quite visibly pulling into our service drive with all damage on his vehicle present. I'm not even involved and I want to go tell this guy to gently caress off.

Well it's pretty much your manager's fault for tolerating it. You can tell people to gently caress off if they are being belligerent you know.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

In happier news, completely unrelated to anything in this thread, I got myself a new table saw! Pictured with a V-8 for AI scale reference. :v:

The other machine is a thickness sander, and the large vertical chuck of wood behind them is Castello Boxwood to be chopped up by the band-saw prior to getting the attention of these two machines.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

The Locator posted:

In happier news, completely unrelated to anything in this thread, I got myself a new table saw! Pictured with a V-8 for AI scale reference. :v:

The other machine is a thickness sander, and the large vertical chuck of wood behind them is Castello Boxwood to be chopped up by the band-saw prior to getting the attention of these two machines.

What are those? Tools for ants?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I saw Weird Al was playing down the street from me, then checked stubhub and found seats in the front section for $20. I couldn't not go.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Deeters posted:

I saw Weird Al was playing down the street from me, then checked stubhub and found seats in the front section for $20. I couldn't not go.

The Mandatory Fun tour? Went last year and it is awesome.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Deeters posted:

Those are Fugazi prices.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Vacuum chat: Are Sanitaires any good? They look pretty much like the most generic vacuum cleaner you can imagine but apparently have a bit if a cult following (there are enthusiasts on YouTube :stare:) and aren't too outrageously priced. It seems like it may be a step up from the Eureka we have currently but I could be wrong.

I don't get the Dyson love but maybe the one I used wasn't a good model. It was a canister style with the air-powered brush roll which would constantly jam and require cleaning out and the opening at the suction head was about an inch across and would therefore plug up really easily.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I have made a thread about yanking the engine out of my car and you should check it out if you're interested in Saabs and/or people accomplishing their first engine removal. It can be found here.

Enourmo posted:

Well, it's up by the block, with a hard steel line running to the actual turbo housing. It's just their cheapest possible solution for tying the turbo lines into the main cooling system on the base Protege.* Why the hell it's made out of rubber when they sprung for silicone radiator hoses from the factory is beyond me.

That makes more sense then.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I have made a thread about yanking the engine out of my car and you should check it out if you're interested in Saabs and/or people accomplishing their first engine removal. It can be found here.

YESSSSSS!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

the spyder posted:

What are those? Tools for ants?

Yes, special ants that make model wooden ships.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Hell yeah, 9-5 content.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My wife's in her last year of medical school, and she's on the trauma rotation this month, so they've been running her ragged from 5 AM to 7 or 8 PM six days a week for the past three weeks (just about -- she gets to go home at 1 or 2 on Saturdays). So, it's perfectly understandable that she fell asleep watching The Clone Wars on the couch. What's annoying is that makes me her personal snooze alarm: "Hey, you should get up and take a shower and come to bed." "Nooo, five more minutes..."

The Locator posted:

Yes, special ants that make model wooden ships.

This is awesome.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

slidebite posted:

If you are going to buy a new dishwasher though, I can tell you this from personal experience, don't buy anything but a Bosch.

My parents Bosch dishwasher has tried to burn the house down twice.

Though it's so quiet you can't tell it's running.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yo, STR and other goons in the know. Kenmore's the brand to get for refrigerators, right? We have to get one for the new house. We'd like a bottom-freezer model with ice maker and, ideally, water dispenser; any suggestions?

As others pointed out, Kenmore doesn't actually build anything. Their fridges are primarily made by GE and Whirlpool; I think LG gets involved a bit for the higher end fridges.

Though the nice thing about Kenmore is it's usually easy to get schematics.

Previa_fun posted:

Vacuum chat: Are Sanitaires any good? They look pretty much like the most generic vacuum cleaner you can imagine but apparently have a bit if a cult following (there are enthusiasts on YouTube :stare:) and aren't too outrageously priced. It seems like it may be a step up from the Eureka we have currently but I could be wrong.

Mom has one and loves it. I don't really get it either, but it's decent.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Tusen Takk posted:

It's the only way my wife's old company would pay her lol, also when we got married and family that couldn't make it to town sent checks and at least three of those got stolen

We don't really have that problem much anymore

So my dad told me once about some native (First Nations) friends of his that used to run a gravel pit. They used to have a problem with getting all of their electrical cables stolen (They were for running a rock crusher so about 10-15 kV), so one night these two guys camped out in the generator room with a couple rifles, and when the thief turned up to cut the cables again...well he never actually told me what they did, but he did say "he won't be doing that ever again."

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I got the new wheels for the Fiesta fit finally :3:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

literally a fish posted:

:eyepop: Those are some good-rear end rims.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
They are fifteen52 Turbomacs, as featured on Ken Block's WRC Fiesta. because rallycar.

These particular ones are also the only set in Australia in white on a FiST :3:

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 22, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

They Look GOOD!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

The Mandatory Fun tour? Went last year and it is awesome.

Yup! Definitely a good show. Plus it was fantastic for people watching .

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

literally a fish posted:

A P Plater with a ST? I thought you couldn't drive turbo cars on P plates. Nice rims

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

literally a fish posted:

Those look excellent!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Which wheels look good is a total unknown to me, but I do like those! For reference, the old VW MK1/2/3 Silverstone wheels are my #1 favorites

:swoon:

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Rhyno posted:

Those look excellent!

I think those look awful, personally. Not the design, it's cool, kind of reminds me of the OZ Racing rally-style wheels. But they're so much wider than the tires it looks like frickin' lip isn't touching the rubber. C'mon, man.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
drat, I wish Turbomacs came in 4x100 and by came in 4x100 I wish someone would just give some to me because god dammit I deserve them.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Sigma X posted:

I think those look awful, personally. Not the design, it's cool, kind of reminds me of the OZ Racing rally-style wheels. But they're so much wider than the tires it looks like frickin' lip isn't touching the rubber. C'mon, man.

They're 205s on 8" wide rims. 8" is 203mm, seems reasonable to me...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I used to run 245 on a 8 inch wheel, that was the stock size for mustangs. Wheels look good but I do agree they could use more meat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The look good, but I just see an absolute cleaning nightmare.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The wheels look really good, and I'm jealous you guys get the three door Fiestas. You probably get 3 door Mazda 2's too don't you, wtf US market.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

leica posted:

The wheels look really good, and I'm jealous you guys get the three door Fiestas. You probably get 3 door Mazda 2's too don't you, wtf US market.

Weirdly we only get 5-door Mazda2s (unless you mean the previous generation) and only the ST comes in 3-door, and it only comes in 3-door, and it's made in Germany. All other Fiestas are 5-door and made in Malaysia.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

leica posted:

Well it's pretty much your manager's fault for tolerating it. You can tell people to gently caress off if they are being belligerent you know.

You can, yes, but the owner who works out of our store every day can just as easily tell you to gently caress off too if you booted a customer out regardless of his attitude.

Also, those wheels own bones.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T-Square posted:

You can, yes, but the owner who works out of our store every day can just as easily tell you to gently caress off too if you booted a customer out regardless of his attitude.

That just shows desperation for business on his part and it's pretty sad to put your employees in that position actually. When you're so desperate you're willing to let customers verbally abuse your employees for no reason, you might as well accept that you and your business is horrible.

Also the amount of people at the Cavs parade in Cleveland is mind boggling, don't these people have jobs?

• Locked thread