Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/21/11990874/john-mccarthy-selected-to-oversee-daniel-cormier-vs-jon-jones-2-at

Does anyone know what the complains Jones camp made about big john are? Is he strict about eye pokes or something? Hes still considered basically the best ref around is he not

he's scared of cops op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Big John Acted disrespectfully towards the "Lebron James of MMA" Jon Bones Jones.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

manyak posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/21/11990874/john-mccarthy-selected-to-oversee-daniel-cormier-vs-jon-jones-2-at

Does anyone know what the complains Jones camp made about big john are? Is he strict about eye pokes or something? Hes still considered basically the best ref around is he not

Almost 100% big John calling him an rear end in a top hat when vitor tried to head kick him when he did the crawling thing

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
reminder that prior to jones trying to get the ref switched for his rematch against cormier he made fun of cormier for trying to get the ref switched for his rematch against jones

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Big John wants to make the fights about him. He's in business for himself and it's not safe for fighters.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Big John has done more for safety in MMA than any other ref in the game and is a big part of why modern MMA exists at all.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I don't remember that fight but I just watched the gif and I'm really glad McCarthy didn't do anything and nobody ever tried that again.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

reminder that prior to jones trying to get the ref switched for his rematch against cormier he made fun of cormier for trying to get the ref switched for his rematch against jones

Jon Jones is a herb and will always be one.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Big John has done more for safety in MMA than any other ref in the game and is a big part of why modern MMA exists at all.

Cool he really did a lot of good for the sport when uh, he invented having a special hand sign you do right before the fight you aren't allowed to stop starts.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The best thing Big John ever did is let Bobby Green rip kicks to a dude's nuts until they were in his stomach, at which point Bobby Green kicked the stomach for a TKO win.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
If only this is how the jones vitor fight started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwOKUT7xKIM

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Cool he really did a lot of good for the sport when uh, he invented having a special hand sign you do right before the fight you aren't allowed to stop starts.

:lol: ok keven

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Lol Trump wants Dana White to speak at the RNC

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

[Staring angrily, breathing out mouth, clenching fists to make biceps pop]

Do you wanna be a fuckin' president

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

also that time he pushed for and helped write the unified rules of mma, and then advocated for commissions to regulate mma under those rules. but other than that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Responding earnestly to Jokes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

also that time he pushed for and helped write the unified rules of mma, and then advocated for commissions to regulate mma under those rules. but other than that.

He should join his buddy stitch and they can have all the unified rules matches they want. But in UFC it's UFC rules, baby.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
get em kev

get em

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Herb Dean is Better

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Herb Dean is Better

The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice my friend

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think Marc Goddard has had fewer slip ups or questionable decisions in the last two years than both Herb and Big John. All three combined still have fewer than the next guy though.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

My favorite ref is the 5'2" steroid guy with a crew cut. Big John couldn't hold a candle to that guy, frankly.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Skip My Posts posted:

The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice my friend

why the gently caress did you go and light the CortXBomb signal

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

My favorite ref is the 5'2" steroid guy with a crew cut. Big John couldn't hold a candle to that guy, frankly.

I like the guy who was so fat that Joe spent most of the prelims complaining about him

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mike Beltran is a really good ref and if the fight is boring, you can watch his awesome mustache.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

maffew buildings posted:

why the gently caress did you go and light the CortXBomb signal

Powder man 5000

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Nierbo posted:

Was the ring doctor a nurse still wearing scrubs from their ED shift?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

JaySB posted:

These are some of the Samoans that I used get for private security for some of my customers. I can not imagine anyone ever trying to just pick a fight with them

gently caress

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's such a great story

lmfao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nierbo posted:

lmao, that crawl away

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Nierbo posted:

Notably refereed by the aforementioned 5'2'' muscleman.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Rhianna just posted on her instagram "Met @thenotoriousmma #ConorMcGregor backstage last night! So much heart! Thanks for your kind words!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Nate Diaz is not a needle-mover.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Conor McGregor is

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Never heard of him.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

ahahaha i forgot about Professor Curls, but now the laugh's are returning

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, Dana is such a loving child. Listening to him talk about the Ariel thing is painful.

Also, water is wet.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ariel is also a giant child so it works out

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

xcore posted:

Jesus Christ, Dana is such a loving child. Listening to him talk about the Ariel thing is painful.

Also, water is wet.

He said a lot of rear end backwards things but Ariel is a twat so it's kind of a push.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Dana said something like Ariel almost ruined a business relationship that was decades in the making or some such. Was he talking about Vince McMahon? I'm assuming someone high up with WWE. Assuming Dana isn't lying I understand why that pissed off Lorenzo a bit more than the usual hot scoops from Ariel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

Dana said something like Ariel almost ruined a business relationship that was decades in the making or some such. Was he talking about Vince McMahon? I'm assuming someone high up with WWE. Assuming Dana isn't lying I understand why that pissed off Lorenzo a bit more than the usual hot scoops from Ariel

yeah it seems like he was talking about hte relationship between the ufc and the wwf

• Locked thread