Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
I'm lost.

What I know is:
- At a ENG vs RUS football game, the Russian fans charged the stands with fireworks and MMA gloves starting a riot/mob brawl
- Who everyone is. And they're shirtless and gross.

Mysterious:
- Is there some Brexit vs. Putin angle I missed? Why are Gove and Boris sheepishly drinking? Scared of Putin?
- Everyone's pockets (?) are turned out and there's money(?) on the ground, which Cameron likes (?) or he's grabbing it(?) or dropping more (?)
- or Putin has white hanky in his back pocket because he's gay and into circle jerks (unlikely)
- Marseille is on fire or experiencing a localized dust cloud/mist phenomenon

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

nobodyssweetheart posted:

- or Putin has white hanky in his back pocket because he's gay and into circle jerks (unlikely)
Anything's possible.

Tear gas.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Guavanaut posted:

Anything's possible.
He's a powerbottom.
A piece of the puzzle. Tories are immune to tear gas.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I assumed broken glass on the ground, but beyond that I've got nothing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So did I at first, but on second glance I think it is supposed to be money.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

No its broken glass because David has just smashed a glass.

Also I imagine that the white thing they have in their pockets are handkerchiefs, there's that old game about trying to steal it from your opponent to win.

So it's a totally confused competition between England and Russia with the EU and Government and Gove about to get destroyed where everyone will get very badly hurt.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Orlando shooting – FBI says gunman Omar Mateen pledged allegiance to Isis leader as he killed 49 people in LGBT club"

Telegraph:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU referendum – While the polls suggest the UK is heading toward leaving the EU, Jeremy Corbyn labelled Michael Gove and Boris Johnson ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing’ regarding their post-Brexit pledges"

Telegraph:

Ken Livingstone branded ‘pin-up for prejudice’ as Labour MP and senior Jewish figure condemn him in anti-Semitism row

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... the EU referendum

Guardian Sport:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I'm lost.

What I know is:
- At a ENG vs RUS football game, the Russian fans charged the stands with fireworks and MMA gloves starting a riot/mob brawl
- Who everyone is. And they're shirtless and gross.

Mysterious:
- Is there some Brexit vs. Putin angle I missed? Why are Gove and Boris sheepishly drinking? Scared of Putin?
- Everyone's pockets (?) are turned out and there's money(?) on the ground, which Cameron likes (?) or he's grabbing it(?) or dropping more (?)

It's a rumour that Putin is pro-Brexit. He's not said anything publicly but he's opposed to the EU and there has been a little suspicion about Russian money in the Leave campaign. This has been reciprocated in a small way by Boris backing Russia over Ukraine. So it's calling the Leave guys hypocrites for supposedly being nationalistic but quite happy to kowtow to foreigners when it suits them, by having them sidling away with their backs turned. It's also showing Dave as a political lightweight who can posture all he wants but doesn't have the muscle to do anything. It's broken glass on the ground, the dust is tear-gas, haven't a clue about the pocket-lining, I guess it's some football code about being DTF.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's 'punishment budget' – George Osborne has said the fight to keep Britain in the EU is bigger than his own political career, after at least 58 Conservative MPs indicated his position would be untenable if Britain voted to leave the EU"

Telegraph:

After Tenniel.

Independent:

Thames: Nigel Farage and Bob Geldof fishing flotilla clash

Times:

After the WWI poster.

Mail:
MAC on... the Brexit horse race

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
To think it was just last page I was wondering where G. Brown was... I may have summoned him out of hiding and into cartoons with my mind. For that I am dreadfully sorry.
Alistair Darling looks like a lizard.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nigel Farage's anti-immigration campaign – The Ukip leader has been accused of engaging in the “politics of the gutter” after launching a campaign poster depicting a queue of refugees with the slogan “Breaking point”"

Telegraph:

Sir Cliff Richard sex abuse inquiry: No charges for singer

Jo Cox MP death: Police probe right-wing links to MP's killing

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC on... Bob Geldof's 'obscene' protest against the Brexit flotilla

Guardian Australian Sport:

Guardian Sport:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I pissed myself at the penultimate panel in that squires.

Just in case anyone doesn't recognise it, it's this.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The guardian sport continues to be the nerdiest and best comic.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I don't even follow sports but it's the best thing ITT :allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the killing of Jo Cox, the Labour MP"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Rowson having the nerve to make an actual point there rather than toss together an empty conjunction of 'something to do with politics' and 'something to do with guns'.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Although depending on how you wanted to read it, it could be 'something to do with internets/social media', both of which have been blamed in lieu of actually looking at difficult things.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think his point is that these 'lone wolves' are actually a wide network of vicious shits.

Effectively suggesting that blaming a lone wolf without looking at the context in which that wolf comes to act, is missing the point.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tesseraction posted:

I think his point is that these 'lone wolves' are actually a wide network of vicious shits.

Effectively suggesting that blaming a lone wolf without looking at the context in which that wolf comes to act, is missing the point.
Rowson is quite active on twitter, so he's seen first hand the fuckwits praising that murder as the first of many to come. :smith:

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This is relentlessly charming and the perfect end to a monumentally lovely week. :unsmith:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Without guns, democracy would merely be Dem Cracy. A... cartoon?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Love is stronger than hate - Chris Riddell on the killing of Jo Cox MP"

Sunday Telegraph:

UK astronaut Tim Peake returns to Earth

The i paper:

Sunday Times:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the resumption of the referendum campaign – Boris Johnson has sought to change the rhetoric about immigration in the campaign for Britain to leave the EU, calling for an amnesty for migrants who entered the UK illegally more than 12 years ago"

Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Independent:

Michael Gove: I shuddered when I saw Farage’s anti-migrant poster - video

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a difficult day for Nigel Farage – The Ukip leader and leave campaigner has faced a tough time since unveiling his ‘Breaking point’ poster"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Sayeeda Warsi quits leave campaign over 'hateful, xenophobic' tactics

Times:Mail:

Mail:Times:
MAC on... England's hopes of staying in Euros whilst the nation votes on Brexit

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 21, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nice picture of a BDSM unicorn and lion shagging there.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I spent way too long checking Squires' Guardian Sport comic looking for this reference.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Some prime av material with Corluka there.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

OwlFancier posted:

:nws::nws:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

One for the ages:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:vince:

J_RBG posted:

One for the ages:

I really can't read these without thinking "this is what happened to hipster hitler after the war"

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Oops, I wanted to share these cartoons in the Dutch thread, had the two threads open in my browser, and posted here by accident. I beg your pardon, gentlemen. Best of luck with your life-altering decision tomorrow.

twoday fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 22, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Aww, now I wanna see the Dutch 'toons.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump firing his campaign manager – Presumptive Republican presidential candidate in US presidential election parts ways with controversial Corey Lewandowski"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Monty Python.

Times:

Mail:
MAC on...Time for Britain to be bold and go for Brexit on Thursday

Special bonus Express:
https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/745534672390656000

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
EU RULES
AND
REGULATIONS

Someday I will understand the "I don't like regulations, full stop" position in the EU context. I'm not there yet.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on...Time for Britain to be bold and go for Brexit on Thursday

This is flatout insane.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
can someone animate this, please?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Those Farages are excellent. :pwn:

Mr. Squishy posted:

This is flatout insane.
Yeah. gently caress all the way off and back again Mac.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Someone please put this in the OP, it's glorious.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
CloudPotato asked I repost this here from the other Poltoons thread... some Brexit relief by traveling into the past with...

Cartoons from the Spitting Image: Giant Komic Book.
(The context captions may not be necessary for this crowd but I'm leaving them in.)

The book was a one-off from 1988. Lots of different artists and styles. Looking at the credits, it seems to be the actual writers of the TV show. It's about 50% politics, 10% Royals, 10% Sport, 15% TV/Movies and 5% miscellaneous weirdness. I'll only post the political cartoons, as that is the theme we're going for.
:britain::britain::britain::britain::britain:
100% Brexit Free!
:britain::britain::britain::britain::britain:
If you remember the YOU ARE MAGGIE THATCHER chose-you-own adventure comic posted earlier -- here's the same artist (Hunt Emerson) doing the same caricatures of the same people one year later:

Sir Geoffrey Howe was Thatcher's Chancellor then Foreign Minister and all-around bitchboy through her whole run. He eventually renounced her in 1990, basically ending her PMship (the play Dead Sheep is about it, in which Thatcher's Spitting Image voice Steve Nallon played Thatcher in drag). Howe was notoriously boring. He's dead now.

Most of the comics are parodies of other comics including parodies of political cartoons:

Familiarly over-labeled half-assed

One of many Fake Viz strips.
If you don't know Neil Kinnock, watch this outtake from The Trip where Steve Coogan (Neil's Spitting Image Voice) reluctantly does his impression.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7aqvR9oD0

A handful of comics are sorta in the Spitting Image house style like this:

There are about a dozen David Owen comics, far more than any other politician.
David Owen's SDP had an alliance with the Liberal Party lead by David Steel (being eaten here). By 1988, failing to make any impact, the parties merged to form what would become the Liberal Democrats, but Owen flounced to run his own party. It didn't have any members. He flounced again and became a talking-head-for-hire for the next 10 years.

Cecil Parkinson lost his cabinet post for having an illegitimate child with his secretary. He then got a legal injunction against his mistress and his daughter (Flora) forbidding her to be in any media so she couldn't even be in class photos. Flora is also a brand of margarine. Cecil has greasy hair. He's dead now.

...And Steve Bell drawing a naked flying Ronald Reagan (kinda NSFW? Tiny cartoon genitals) who is also dead now. Was also dead in 1984 but people still voted for him.

Notably, there's absolutely no John Major (showing he really came out of nowhere in 1989 into one of the biggest cabinet post; prime minister a year+ after that)

I got more if you want 'em.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

Someone please put this in the OP, it's glorious.

Hang on, they used Thomas' cartoon despite him not agreeing with the sentiment? Jeezo.