Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Do not get Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really like EO and was hoping EMD was good but nobody has anything good to say about it :( what's wrong with it, generally?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really like EO and was hoping EMD was good but nobody has anything good to say about it :( what's wrong with it, generally?

Okay, so like in EO, you can create your own party to explore dungeons with. The problem is that they are AI controlled and have terrible AI, which is an utter hassle to deal with. Also the gameplay is boring and everything is a hiuge slog. A lot of issues in the game just add up to make an unfun experience.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lemming posted:

I'm gonna buy this game

:same:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wendell posted:

Hyrule Warriors Legends is a load of fun and I'm really glad I bought it.

:yeah:

It's the best Musou game yet and one of the best things to come out of the Zelda IP.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Europes getting Disney Magical World 2:
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/745542121008967680

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does it feature magical alligators?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Top screen is cracked on my `'new'` 3ds, out of warranty. Anyone had it repaired by Nintendo UK? Is it feasible to fix this thing myself...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More Pokemon poo poo for Europe - Sun/Moon steelbooks and the legendary New XL:

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/745603833183768576
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/745602931081224192

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I went ahead and bought this guy

It really changes things up. Holding and playing is a thousand times better because of the additional grip but also it puts your wrists at a better angle.
Plus, there is a hidden compartment on the back that holds two cartridges.
I can still throw the system in my bag without any hassle.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

SeANMcBAY posted:

Your SD card is probably messed up somehow. Try switching to a new one.

So, just to be absolutely sure, a switch could fix it? I want to be absolutely certain that I don't have to get a whole new system.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah try copying your poo poo to a different sd card and see what happens. cant hurt

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So, just to be absolutely sure, a switch could fix it? I want to be absolutely certain that I don't have to get a whole new system.

Yes. All it takes to switch to another without losing data is to literally just drag and drop files from the old one to the new so definitely try that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you continue getting errors even after switching it could be a more serious problem with the unit that needs fixing from nintendo but i would bet on the card right now

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's something that was outed by the Aussie ratings board: "Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack", published by... Yacht Club Games? It's the Gunvolt 1 & 2 collection, presumably.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's something that was outed by the Aussie ratings board: "Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack", published by... Yacht Club Games? It's the Gunvolt 1 & 2 collection, presumably.

That's its name in Japan, yeah.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

So I went ahead and bought this guy

It really changes things up. Holding and playing is a thousand times better because of the additional grip but also it puts your wrists at a better angle.
Plus, there is a hidden compartment on the back that holds two cartridges.
I can still throw the system in my bag without any hassle.

I really wish Nintendo designed its handhelds as ergonomically as its controllers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Soon

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Nettle Soup posted:

Top screen is cracked on my `'new'` 3ds, out of warranty. Anyone had it repaired by Nintendo UK? Is it feasible to fix this thing myself...

How deep is the crack? If it's just the lens, you can remove it by heating it up with a blowdryer and pulling it off with a suction cup. The lenses themselves are like $3 USD on eBay.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Needs more Pegasus Boots.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spellman posted:

Needs more Pegasus Boots.

Okay:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yikes, Zero Escape apparently has some single-digit framerate drops on 3DS. between that and no 3D I'm probably gonna dust off my Vita, as nice as that second screen for notetaking is

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How does a VN have framerate issues, anyhow

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Cheeto posted:

The characters and world are rendered models, not static 2d images.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
I really miss the style from the first game, tbh. The 3D models etc have never done anything for me in the series versus the basic reaction art in the first one. That said, is the fps dropping on the new 3DS?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

MohShuvuu posted:

How deep is the crack? If it's just the lens, you can remove it by heating it up with a blowdryer and pulling it off with a suction cup. The lenses themselves are like $3 USD on eBay.

It's a hairline crack leaking lcd fluid, although it seems to have reabsorbed most of it overnight so it's useable again now. Haven't tried taking the screen protector off. Nintendo UK quoted £77.50ish to repair it, sort-of-apologised for the fact their site is a piece of poo poo and said I should phone them if I wanted to book a repair.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

it's not using the still image VN style anymore, everything is an animated cutscene with shifting camera angles and stuff

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

goferchan posted:

it's not using the still image VN style anymore
With single-digit fps they do.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wii u version too or just 3ds? i love links awakening

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Awesome! posted:

Marin and new Linkle weapon are coming to Wii U but everything else is 3DS only.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Awesome! posted:

New Adventure map DLC post-Legends release is all 3DS only but the characters/weapons are available on Wii U I think. How does getting the higher tier weapons for the Legends DLC characters even work on Wii U by the way? I know it's all tied to the corresponding new maps on 3DS but not sure how they'd make it work there

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

goferchan posted:

New Adventure map DLC post-Legends release is all 3DS only but the characters/weapons are available on Wii U I think. How does getting the higher tier weapons for the Legends DLC characters even work on Wii U by the way? I know it's all tied to the corresponding new maps on 3DS but not sure how they'd make it work there

You just get the level 2 and 3 weapon automatically

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More DBZ Fusions nonsense - Arale from Dr. Slump (!) fused with some character from the DBZ MMO or whatever:

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 24, 2016

Spellman
May 31, 2011

More DBZ Fusions nonsense - Arale from Dr. Slump (!) fused with some character from the DBZ MMO or whatever:

These bizarre fusions are making Dragon Ball look more Dragon Quest than ever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't get it, are those new pokemon?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So what is DBZ Fusions, is it a fighting game or what

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More pokemon:

FirstAidKite posted:

So what is DBZ Fusions, is it a fighting game or what

RPG with an "everyone fuses with everyone" gimmick.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok, who fuses with Buu to make Winnie the... Puu!?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok, who fuses with Buu to make Winnie the... Puu!?

That actually just the new Super characters, so we don't know how goofy Winnie can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RPG with an "everyone fuses with everyone" gimmick.

What kind of rpg, action rpg, turn based, monster catching, or what