Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

That looks like the spot where she meets you after the Citadel coup, some trigger is probably set wrong for those cutscenes and makes her show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MA-Horus posted:

Wait wait, you can bromance Vega?!? I actually never knew that.

Oh my.

You can't. There's just the femshep-only hookup in Citadel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chaosapiant posted:

Hey guys just had a neat idea: what if Buzz Aldrin is actually talking to a young Ryder in the end of ME3, and this inspires he/she (it's kinda ambiguous) to join the Alliance/N7/Whatever the gently caress and be like "the Shepard."

That was Buzz Aldrin? Jesus how much money did they give him to convince him to record three lines?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Buzz Aldrin epilogue is definitely the weirdest most out of place aspect of the entire ending fiasco.

"Ah yes son, and so that's the tale of how the galaxy's greatest hero became an all-powerful Machine God who now watches us precariously from the outer reaches of space, waiting, planning."

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
If the ending was well-received the Buzz Aldrin cameo would have been a nice little coda

Instead it's super bizarre

can I hear another story about how the Shepard punched the lady reporter in the head, making her skull bounce off a wall and probably killing her?

well ... one more story

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

"And then Shepard hosed the blue alien spacebabe, and hosed her well. But then she wasn't around so he also hosed around with the other alien babe in the tin suit for awhile. And by the time he united the entire galaxy against the Reapers he was loving all his crew members, male or female, human or not, didn't matter at that point."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mass Effect 3 just has this weird obsession with implanting cameos, doesn't it? Battlespace reporter, Buzz Aldrin. Well, maybe just those two, but it's still weird.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Or better 'everything cool about the setting is so far gone that space travel is a myth and the main character's name is beleived to have been a title'

~so poignant~

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Mass Effect 3 just has this weird obsession with implanting cameos, doesn't it? Battlespace reporter, Buzz Aldrin. Well, maybe just those two, but it's still weird.

well, Jessica Chobot too, plus Kahlee Sanders, Kai Leng, maybe a few others I'm forgetting

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Pattonesque posted:

well, Jessica Chobot too, plus Kahlee Sanders, Kai Leng, maybe a few others I'm forgetting
Those are only cameos if you bothered to read the books, unlike most people :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Books are for dweebs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Arcsquad12 posted:

Garrus, Tali, Wrex's replacement...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

That was Buzz Aldrin? Jesus how much money did they give him to convince him to record three lines?

Aldrin will cameo in anything space-related. Here he is spilling the beans on how his Apollo mission was really a front by the US government to investigate Decepticon presence on the moon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsg5WCpi18M&t=148s

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 23, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sassassin posted:

Garrus, Tali, Wrex's replacement...

Real world cameos.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The MSJ posted:

Aldrin will cameo in anything space-related. Here he is spilling the beans on how his Apollo mission was really a front by the US government to investigate Decepticon presence on the moon.

this may be the most bizarre scene in the whole series

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I'm replaying ME1 for the first time in at least four years, and as unsophisticated as the combat is, I must say I find it quite enjoyable being able to once again just spray bullets like a maniac. Also, I have to say that the series lost a little when it abandoned ME1's impact mechanic. It's both satisfying and amusing to knock enemies over with repeated gunfire. The Mako makes it even better, as its gun is so powerful that continuous fire can propel targets across the terrain. And a carefully aimed cannon shot will send them flying everywhere, gracefully cartwheeling in mid-air.

All in all: A+ would shoot gun again

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The MSJ posted:

That's good, though.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

That's good, though.

Fifth film is being worked on.

Megatron is back (and looks different).

Anthony Hopkins has been cast, apparently as the creator of all Transformers.

Apparently, the plot is:Optimus Prime goes looking for the mystery sword Excalibur which was Cybertronian and gave Merlin his powers.

These are all true facts.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

I'm replaying ME1 for the first time in at least four years, and as unsophisticated as the combat is, I must say I find it quite enjoyable being able to once again just spray bullets like a maniac. Also, I have to say that the series lost a little when it abandoned ME1's impact mechanic. It's both satisfying and amusing to knock enemies over with repeated gunfire. The Mako makes it even better, as its gun is so powerful that continuous fire can propel targets across the terrain. And a carefully aimed cannon shot will send them flying everywhere, gracefully cartwheeling in mid-air.

All in all: A+ would shoot gun again

IMO ME2 and 3 having better gameplay and combat is a myth. Everything in the later games feels so stuck to the ground.

Milky Moor posted:

Apparently, the plot is:Optimus Prime goes looking for the mystery sword Excalibur which was Cybertronian and gave Merlin his powers.

Is Transformers mimicking a Fast & Furious trajectory where the later installments go off the rails and are fun to watch? Because I'd watch that movie you just described

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

That, uh, sounds great? Is the map to Excalibur written on the back of the Magna Carta, maybe? Get a little National Treasure 3 action going there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Is Transformers mimicking a Fast & Furious trajectory where the later installments go off the rails and are fun to watch? Because I'd watch that movie you just described

The 1980s cartoon had two separate episodes where two different women fell in love with robots. Also, episodes with a wizard and singing aliens.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The MSJ posted:

singing aliens
Let's all take a moment to remember that, in the original Transformers movie, they've got a whole singing-and-dancing segment set to Weird Al's "Dare To Be Stupid".

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Playing through ME3 again, it is super weird how many times Shepard says something without the player's input

It's not always just functional stuff either -- it's expressing opinions or emotional beats, all out of the player's hands. Hope they don't go that way with Andromeda.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pattonesque posted:

Playing through ME3 again, it is super weird how many times Shepard says something without the player's input

It's not always just functional stuff either -- it's expressing opinions or emotional beats, all out of the player's hands. Hope they don't go that way with Andromeda.

It's all foreshadowing for the ending.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Milky Moor posted:

This all sounds insanely powerful to me.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sassassin posted:

It's all foreshadowing for the ending.

I'm starting to wonder if foreshadowing is the only literary device bioware knows of

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Milky Moor posted:

The 4th movie ended with Optimus blasting off into space saying "I'm coming to kill you god!"
And it was better than the ending to Mass Effect 3.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The Transformers films are incredibly brave in their choices and deserve far more respect than they get.

Too many nerds upset that their toys aren't like they remember them, though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm told that they're best understood as really vicious satires, but I haven't seen 'em, so I don't know if that's true or not.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

That's probably just the CineD talking. Every recent popular film is a scathing marxist critique of consumer culture, you say?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

That's probably just the CineD talking. Every recent popular film is a scathing marxist critique of consumer culture, you say?

Only the good ones.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm told that they're best understood as really vicious satires, but I haven't seen 'em, so I don't know if that's true or not.

It's true. Unlike most other CD 'it's really satire' theories (like the prequels) there's a wealth of stuff in the Transformers films, usually coming right from Optimus, that are the result of deliberate, repeated choices across four films.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

But SuperMechaGodzilla is amazing! Maybe he can explain how the ME 3 ending makes sense and is thematically appropriate. :v:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Lt Danger already had a go, but he didn't quote Zizek enough for my taste.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

sassassin posted:

The Transformers films are incredibly brave in their choices and deserve far more respect than they get.

Too many nerds upset that their toys aren't like they remember them, though.

Often, reality does not conform to expectations. See: this game's ending.

Bongo Bill posted:

There are some brilliant reviews of the Transformers movies by forums poster Terry van Feleday. Highly recommended.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Michael Bay's movies are generally misanthropic. So would he choose Synthesis or Control?

Also a few years back for some reason I keep imagining the Mako as Optimus Prime and Hammerhead as Megatron.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The MSJ posted:

Michael Bay's movies are generally misanthropic. So would he choose Synthesis or Control?

Also a few years back for some reason I keep imagining the Mako as Optimus Prime and Hammerhead as Megatron.

Optimus Prime is awesome though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
All the transfomers films are terrible. Except the animated one.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

A Child posted:

All the transfomers films are terrible. Except the cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwat
May 6, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

All the transfomers films are terrible. Except the animated one.

Truth

• Locked thread