Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013

kikkelivelho posted:

You're making this weird and naive assumption that immigrants are this one large homogeneous blob of people. It should be fairly obvious that not all immigrants behave as well as the slavs.

Slavs are the ones they're trying to get rid of, having moved on from the venerable tradition of hating the Irish. Every time a Polski sklep opens where the old Thistle&oval office used to be, every time a Latvian plumber clears the chip fat out of your drain, every time a Lithuanian woman smiles at you when handing you your change a bulldog dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Laurenz posted:

take your tin foil hat off please

You dont need to be a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist to see through this.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow I thought America was the only country with crazy crisis actor conspiracy people

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tramadol Junkie won't be happy until Britain is full of knuckle-dragging Anglo in-breds like god intended

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
Lol so they just had some interviews with cornish fishermen (who get a shitload of EU money and support) and most of them were like yeah we like the money but we're voting leave because the EU fishing quota makes us throw some fish back. God forbid theres some fishing regulation to stop you overfishing and having nothing to catch, gently caress

But on the other side you have these massive multinationals saying oh well we'll stop trading in Britain if we leave the EU. Yeah right.

Basically what the choice to leave or not leave should be an economic and legal argument but instead has been whether you like or dislike browns and foreigners coming to the uk and whether or not they are a drain and faaaarrrrt

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Laurenz posted:

how could they have encouraged or allowed it if no one knew it was gonna happen?

also an old man was stabbed because he tried to help her

all violence is because of people who dont agree with me politically and the existence of violence just proves how important my views are

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

You dont need to be a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist to see through this.

i know because it really does seem like a huge plus for the remain campaign (logically speaking, not morally)

but no one is seeing through it because it isnt a conspiracy

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Laurenz posted:

how could they have encouraged or allowed it if no one knew it was gonna happen?

also an old man was stabbed because he tried to help her

All joking aside, if politicians really wanted to get their way 1 person probably wouldn't be a big loss. Same with any collateral damage. I mean, we have enough historical and recent examples of wealthy/politically powerful people doing nasty stuff to get their way.

Although this sounds more like an unstable man clinging to ideology that did this politically motivated crime because the opportunity presented itself.

CharlestonJew posted:

wow I thought America was the only country with crazy crisis actor conspiracy people

And those people are everywhere. Look around the web and you'll find lots of them.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Laurenz posted:

i know because it really does seem like a huge plus for the remain campaign (logically speaking, not morally)

Alex Jones thinks it is.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Laurenz posted:

only liberals see a random murder by a crazy person as a huge plus for their cause

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
and by liberals I don't mean people with liberal views, i mean people who use that word as a label

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Matty posted:

Basically what the choice to leave or not leave should be an economic and legal argument but instead has been whether you like or dislike browns and foreigners coming to the uk and whether or not they are a drain and faaaarrrrt
Peep this:

It's actually a (retardedly flawed) economic and legal argument on the Remain side and more of a (irrelevant and offensive) browns and foreigners argument on the Exit side and they're both talking past each other almost completely.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RobattoJesus posted:

It's like when Hitler came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments of joining the 3rd reich.

or when Napoleon came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments for joining the Continental System

or when Charles V came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments for joining the Catholic Church

or when Caesar came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments for joining the Roman Empire

Britain has a long history of telling Europe to gently caress off when they form mega-empires :eng101:

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Rutibex posted:

or when Napoleon came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments for joining the Continental System

or when Charles V came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments for joining the Catholic Church

or when Caesar came to power, Britain should have just listened to the solid economic arguments for joining the Roman Empire

England has a long history of telling Europe to gently caress off when they form mega-empires

To be fair, those were different times and the world worked quite differently in each, even compared to each other let alone the 21st century.

This debate seems pretty acrimonious but, in all honesty, nothing will probably happen and the UK will remain in the EU.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Britain has a long history of telling Europe to gently caress off when they form mega-empires :eng101:
It literally did this though.

And it was in the Catholic Church during the time that Charles V was alive.

e: was this the whole point of your post? I don't even know with your posts.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

reallivedinosaur posted:

only liberals see a random murder by a crazy person as a huge plus for their cause

Well no one gives a gently caress that a British dude just tried to shoot Trump, and no one thinks that Hillary is going to struggle because the Orlando shooter was a Hillary supporter.

But one mentally ill gardener kills A MOTHER and all Brexit supporters are basically all Tramadol Junkie.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

jBrereton posted:

what is the point in any of our posts, who knows

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

jBrereton posted:

well the romans didnt really consolidate their rule their for a while until after Caesar, and it was always a troublesome province.

my point is, gently caress the EU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

jBrereton posted:

To be fair, for a good chunk of his Charles' reign the first act of supremacy was still in place in England. Towards the very end of his reign it would've been repealed by Mary.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
I wonder if the UK will become the European confederacy and Merkel Europe's Lincoln.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Ibogaine posted:

I wonder if the UK will become the European confederacy and Merkel Europe's Lincoln.

Who is Sherman in this analogy?

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Toadvine posted:

What does Britain have to offer the rest of the world?

Karl Pilkington.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Yannis Varoufakis

General Lee is Queen Elizabeth II

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Don't know. Maybe Jogi Löw? I don't think he drinks, though. He's more of a sniffer, presumably.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Carborundum posted:

Slavs are the ones they're trying to get rid of, having moved on from the venerable tradition of hating the Irish. Every time a Polski sklep opens where the old Thistle&oval office used to be, every time a Latvian plumber clears the chip fat out of your drain, every time a Lithuanian woman smiles at you when handing you your change a bulldog dies.

Baltic slavs are almost white western europeans in terms of ethnicity and culture. I have a hard time believing most Brits would find them unfit for English society. The main threat is clearly coming from Turkey and that's where the leave campaign is focusing their attention.

e: even paradol junkie stated that his issues lie mainly with people of middle-eastern origin

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

RobattoJesus posted:

Yannis Varoufakis

General Lee is Queen Elizabeth II

In the end, Merkel will be remembered for freeing the slavs.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Carborundum posted:

Basically, "they took are jerbs."

Latvians and Lithuanians are Balts though, not Slavs. Although the average brexiteer probably doesn't care.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Basically, "they took are jerbs."

Latvians and Lithuanians are Balts though, not Slavs. Although the average brexiteer probably doesn't care.

99% of the world wouldn't know or car

balts = slavs on the whiteness scale

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I wish we could, as a people, come together and make up our minds about what white is

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

jBrereton posted:

Peep this:

It's actually a (retardedly flawed) economic and legal argument on the Remain side and more of a (irrelevant and offensive) browns and foreigners argument on the Exit side and they're both talking past each other almost completely.

"irrelevant and offensive" huh?

Its our future you retarded troll. Pakis, Muslims and those loving Romanian Gypsies breed like loving rats and we are going to be a minority in our OWN country if we dont stop this.

Places like Handsworth & inner Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Bradford, large areas of London etc are 97%-98% non-white. We British people have been passively and semi-democratically ethnically cleansed. People refer to the places as "the occupied territories", it's a term Palestinians use but this is a term English people are using about our own cities.

But the problem is what most people do about these changes is to ignore them, to moan about them privately amongst their friends, to swear at the television, to think something should be done but they wont do anything their selves and to sit on their hands and wonder when it will all end.

But deep down their is a radical disquiet in our people about these radical and manifest changes, they look around and think "whats it gonna be like in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years time" when we have to play the minority game and anyone makes the slightest criticism of us and we have to stick our hands up.

We are going to have to play this game in our OWN country

This is why we need to vote Brexit, to save our people, culture and heritage.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
EU is one of those insidious topics where fiscal conservatism has successfully latched onto social liberalism, leaving fiscal leftism and social conservatives as unlikely allies

It aint a black/white choice and depends largely on individual countries and how they would handle immigration, as well as how much time is left before a new country gets the Greece treatment

easier to scream racist or bourgie tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Its our future you retarded troll. Pakis, Muslims and those loving Romanian Gypsies breed like loving rats and we are going to be a minority in our OWN country if we dont stop this.

Places like Handsworth & inner Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Bradford, large areas of London etc are 97%-98% non-white. We British people have been passively and semi-democratically ethnically cleansed. People refer to the places as "the occupied territories", it's a term Palestinians use but this is a term English people are using about our own cities.

But the problem is what most people do about these changes is to ignore them, to moan about them privately amongst their friends, to swear at the television, to think something should be done but they wont do anything their selves and to sit on their hands and wonder when it will all end.

But deep down their is a radical disquiet in our people about these radical and manifest changes, they look around and think "whats it gonna be like in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years time" when we have to play the minority game and anyone makes the slightest criticism of us and we have to stick our hands up.

What's kind of funny is that America isn't a country founded around the national identity of an ethnic group but we still have people like this anyway

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

What's kind of funny is that America isn't a country founded around the national identity of an ethnic group but we still have people like this anyway

it's harder for it to take root seeing as even the "white" people in the US have ancestors that are irish or other dubiously white ethnicities and are rightfully suspicious

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm white

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Must be loving terrible actually going through life believing all that

You should try not being a horrible piece of poo poo racist, its pretty cool

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I wish we could, as a people, come together and make up our minds about what white is

we have

white: american, australian, canadian, kiwi, british, irish, german, french, scandanavian

not white: brown skin, slavs (including baltics and hungarians, italians, spanish, portugese, greek, fins, questionable heritage

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

romani are also not white, obviously

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

Hey at least I'm not a bitter 38 year old white man who tries to chalk up his failures to Tumblr and clouds in the sky.

No, your a 35 year old guy from Texas pretending to be a British woman for internet points.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

EU is one of those insidious topics where fiscal conservatism has successfully latched onto social liberalism, leaving fiscal leftism and social conservatives as unlikely allies

It aint a black/white choice and depends largely on individual countries and how they would handle immigration, as well as how much time is left before a new country gets the Greece treatment

easier to scream racist or bourgie tho

I heard that during the Northern Ireland troubles people in Belfast used to have a saying "The only people who aren't confused are the ones that don't know what's going on"

That seems to sum up politics in 2016..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

jews are white if they are in israel, steamrolling brown villages

jews are not white if they are in the US controlling the media and banks

• Locked thread