Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

bringmyfishback posted:

"...[city]'s restrooms have a natural culture." (Note: I asked. yes, this was a bacteria joke.)

Gotta admit this is a pretty loving advanced pun for learning English as a second language. Well done, teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Any body have kids that read Junie B Jones books? I swear, I have her twin brother.

:j: "[5 year old son], are you playing in my makeup?"
:) "Um, yeah. Except for I'm even putting it already away. So, okay?"

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
My niece has grown into a real trip of a 4-year-old. She's learned sass. Today she slunk away from her parents in a parking lot to sneak into my car so I would take her home. She closed the door, and when her dad went to get her, she rolled down the window, looked him right in the eye and clicked her seat belt. "Too bad, so sad, I'm already in here."

She can also keep a Warhead in her mouth for a whole seven seconds and con a person into making her scrambled eggs with a single smile. Gangster.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

pookel posted:

Is it, like, a cultural thing in China for girls to ogle each other's boobs and talk about how much they love big boobs? Or does Rihanna just have a weird boob fixation?

I think it's mostly the latter. I do have probably the biggest pair in China. Drunk Asian women my age tend to come over and just snuggle up to them.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Gotta admit this is a pretty loving advanced pun for learning English as a second language. Well done, teacher.

No, that's all her. :kimchi:

I wish I could buy her a forums account; she would write the most amazing posts you've ever seen. And probably end up in FYAD.

Nekodoshi posted:

My niece has grown into a real trip of a 4-year-old. She's learned sass. Today she slunk away from her parents in a parking lot to sneak into my car so I would take her home. She closed the door, and when her dad went to get her, she rolled down the window, looked him right in the eye and clicked her seat belt. "Too bad, so sad, I'm already in here."

She can also keep a Warhead in her mouth for a whole seven seconds and con a person into making her scrambled eggs with a single smile. Gangster.

This is awesome.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Last night, I was talking to my kids and I asked them what they did today and my 4 year old daughter goes "none of your business, thats what i did today". Her mother and I both started saying things like thats not how you talk to people, dont be rude, etc and she goes "mom i was just being tricking rude, not really rude!"

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Nekodoshi posted:

Yesss my niece was like this. She's now a preteen it's less adorable. I also have a 2-year-old nephew who doesn't talk yet. But if he is mad at you or you try to tell him to do or not do something he will blow you a kiss, wave goodbye, and walk away. It is badass.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
My little (almost 3year old) guy said the most :3 thing ever last night.

My wife was saying goodnight and blowing kisses to him, and telling him to catch them on his way to bed.

He caught all of them and said "I'm going to take these kisses and turn them into dreams."

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

BoredByThis posted:

My wife was saying goodnight and blowing kisses to him, and telling him to catch them on his way to bed.

He caught all of them and said "I'm going to take these kisses and turn them into dreams."

There's no :3: big enough.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BoredByThis posted:

oh my god. That's better than most motivational posters honestly.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

BoredByThis posted:

That phrase is preternaturally poetic, and a pretty sick one-liner to go to bed on.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

BoredByThis posted:

Your kid is a smoothie! :3:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

bringmyfishback posted:

I think it's mostly the latter. I do have probably the biggest pair in China. Drunk Asian women my age tend to come over and just snuggle up to them.

To be fair, boobs are pretty cuddly, even in non-sexual context. I'd cuddle up to some beeb.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I volunteer at a local group for children with special needs, and last week we had the news on the tv while everyone went around playing or whatever (It helps reinforce appropriate reactions - something nice happens, this is good and we are happy, something bad happens and we are sad et cetera) and the story about the little kid going missing in disneyland pops up. The kid I was talking too looks at the tv, looks and me and goes "and that's why you should never follow Mickey Mouse into the back room' and I just lost it. Little dude was so serious about it.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

bringmyfishback posted:

She concluded her essay by drawing two turds and writing "take some!" underneath.

I'm begging you to post a picture of this

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 4-year-old burst in on me while I was playing Dark Souls 3, right as I triggered the Wolnir boss fight. Just for reference, here's what you see when the fight begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtq9ekHPhJE&t=55s

I was freaking out because 'oh god it's a giant skeleton monster I'm gonna die', but my daughter was just so delighted.

"IT'S A DINOSAUR SKELETON!!" :swoon:

I flailed around for a bit, dealing barely any damage to the boss, and then it summoned army of human-sized skeleton warriors that converged on me.

"AWW, LOOK THE MOMMY DINOSAUR SKELETON HAS BABY SKELETONS!" :swoon:

And then I got horribly murdered. My daughter laughed at me and said "YOU DIED" in the most condescending way I've ever heard her say anything to me. And then she asked me to go fight the skeleton again.

Good times.

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.
At work yesterday, in a ranch/farm store, we had gotten some young bunnies to sell. They were pretty tiny and fluffy and round, white with grey and brown marks. Near midday, my husband came to pick me up, and saw a probably 6-year-old girl standing by their cage, weeping. No parent in sight.

He asks her if she's all right (we've both encountered kids sobbing by the bunnies 'cause they were told they can't have one). She nods, and says, "I don't even LIKE rabbits, but they're just too cute!" She didn't want to hold one, or pet one, but their appearance was too much to handle.

I mean, I have to agree, 'cause I literally saw 3 separate adults in the store getting teary-eyed when they spotted the babies that day.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
I grew my hair out for about four years and cut off over a foot a week ago. The first time my three and half year old nephew saw me without long hair, he looked up at me, without a hint of confusion, and just inspected my new appearance. After a brief moment, he just nodded in approval, said "You're a man now." and went back to playing with his dinosaurs.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Irsh posted:

I grew my hair out for about four years and cut off over a foot a week ago. The first time my three and half year old nephew saw me without long hair, he looked up at me, without a hint of confusion, and just inspected my new appearance. After a brief moment, he just nodded in approval, said "You're a man now." and went back to playing with his dinosaurs.

I just imagine him having just watched Mulan before this.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Irsh posted:

I understand it's fairly common for very young children to believe that you can change gender just by cutting or growing out your hair: men have short hair and women have long hair, so anyone who has short hair must be a man and anyone with long hair must be a woman.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

I understand it's fairly common for very young children to believe that you can change gender just by cutting or growing out your hair: men have short hair and women have long hair, so anyone who has short hair must be a man and anyone with long hair must be a woman.

Also, cats are girls and dogs are boys.

I knew at least five kids who thought that way, myself included.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Culex posted:

At work yesterday, in a ranch/farm store, we had gotten some young bunnies to sell. They were pretty tiny and fluffy and round, white with grey and brown marks. Near midday, my husband came to pick me up, and saw a probably 6-year-old girl standing by their cage, weeping. No parent in sight.

He asks her if she's all right (we've both encountered kids sobbing by the bunnies 'cause they were told they can't have one). She nods, and says, "I don't even LIKE rabbits, but they're just too cute!" She didn't want to hold one, or pet one, but their appearance was too much to handle.

I mean, I have to agree, 'cause I literally saw 3 separate adults in the store getting teary-eyed when they spotted the babies that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6r9cst8OMU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

bringmyfishback posted:

I know some adults that still think according to this schema, some of whom still revert to it even if they've been corrected or actually know, for instance, the cat is a boy.

I guess because my first pets since I was a baby were a boy and girl cat and my aunts all had ancient girl dogs I was cleared over that hurdle early?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
In a couple of weeks Im going on vacation to see my kids. I asked my 6 yer old son what he wants to do while im there and he talked a lot about pokemon. I asked my 4 year old daughter what she wants to do and she talked a lot about riding bikes. Then she says she wants to go hang gliding.

I tell her shes too little for hang gliding and she picks up her water bottle to show me how good she is at holding on.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

I thought like that to the point that when I started learning French I felt sorry for cats because they were le chat (masculine).

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
From a friend of a friend on Facebook:

quote:

Indy locked Everett in a room, trying to figure out how to get him out, meanwhile Ash and Milo are saying their goodbyes to Everett.... "He's going to die" "I really liked that brother" "I love you Everett" lol... back to google to save the baby....

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

Dabir posted:

I thought like that to the point that when I started learning French I felt sorry for cats because they were le chat (masculine).

This is an endless source of hilarity since the feminine form is slang for pussy. No one corrected me :cripes:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just came from a dinner with some of my girlfriends family and her aunt has a 7 year old kid that is a great comedian.

Kid: Knock knock
Us. Who's there?
Kid: Muhammed Ali!
Us: Muhammed Ali who?
Kid: I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE

Us. Who's there?
Kid: Young boy
Us: Young boy who?
Kid(in old man voice): [long pause] Don't you miss the good old times when you were so happy and everything was wonderful?

Kid: What do you get when you cross a man called Nan with a potato?
Us: I don´t know.
Kid: A NADATO!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Liam (my 5 yr old nephew): How come Elias [his younger brother] gets to clean up all by himself? I wanna clean up too! Waaaaa

I mentioned to my sister in law that she probably hadn't heard that sentence before, but she had indeed. Apparently it's a trick he does where he cleans up really badly and when told to stop, he complains. Pretty clever!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FreudianSlippers posted:

Just came from a dinner with some of my girlfriends family and her aunt has a 7 year old kid that is a great comedian.

Us. Who's there?
Kid: Muhammed Ali!
Us: Muhammed Ali who?
Kid: I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE

Us. Who's there?
Kid: Young boy
Us: Young boy who?
Kid(in old man voice): [long pause] Don't you miss the good old times when you were so happy and everything was wonderful?

Kid: What do you get when you cross a man called Nan with a potato?
Us: I don´t know.
Kid: A NADATO!

Also, these are amazing. Especially the young/old one.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Facebook friend's 6yo:

quote:

'Mom, why did the man shoot Abraham Lincoln in the theater? Was he talking during the movie?'

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
My niece was waiting for her dinner, and she wanted to let us know she was hungry.
You know that thing presenters do at events, where they shout out each letter of a slogan one at a time "Gimme a B! Gimme an E! Gimme an A!" and so on...

She went for "I'm hungry", starting:
"Gimme an I! Gimme an apostrophe!" :3:

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
Pretty sure my daughter got this from my wife, but she got me with it last night:

Daughter: Knock knock!
Me: Who's there?
Daughter: Pepperidge Farm!
Me: Pepperidge farm who?
Daughter: YOU DON'T REMEMBER?

Then she ran off laughing.

Pepperidge farm remembers!

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
I saw a kid say goodbye to her rubbish before she put it in the bin.
"Goodbye chocklit wrapper! Bye! Bye!"

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
My (autistic, full of random knowledge) 9-year-old was excited to spot this vending machine in the wild. Can you guess why? See under spoiler.

"Look at that font! Look! It's COMIC SANS. I'd know that font ANYWHERE."

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

My 2-year-old nephew has an old flip phone that's way obsolete that we let him play with.

:gerty: *acts like he's dialing the phone and puts it up to his ear*

Me: Who are you calling, kiddo?
:gerty: I calling doctor! *acts like he's listening to someone on the phone*

After he "hangs up", I ask him, "So what did the doctor say?"

:gerty: No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

taiyoko posted:

My 2-year-old nephew has an old flip phone that's way obsolete that we let him play with.

:gerty: *acts like he's dialing the phone and puts it up to his ear*

Me: Who are you calling, kiddo?
:gerty: I calling doctor! *acts like he's listening to someone on the phone*

After he "hangs up", I ask him, "So what did the doctor say?"

:gerty: No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

I just.. . :3:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He's just quoting that Five Little Monkeys song

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kevyn posted:

He's just quoting that Five Little Monkeys song

You cracked the case.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
"The price of growing up is smaller cookies."

This wisdom is brought from my cousin's 6yo, after I told him today at a resturant that when I was a kid, the cookies were huge, and nowadays they are tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MisterBibs posted:

"The price of growing up is smaller cookies."

This wisdom is brought from my cousin's 6yo, after I told him today at a resturant that when I was a kid, the cookies were huge, and nowadays they are tiny.

that is zen as gently caress