Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, outside of Trump Tower......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the black trump supporters are crashing at Scott Adams place until this whole thing blows over

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

There's like five

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

drat, whats Morrows damage? i thought he was on the Trump train.

for all the ways morrow seems to fit into trumps america, he has never actually said a single nice thing about him. or anyone. he only likes the large breasts.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile, outside of Trump Tower......

every picture ive ever seen of this dork has him staring at his phone

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

for all the ways morrow seems to fit into trumps america, he has never actually said a single nice thing about him. or anyone. he only likes the large breasts.

Morrow is way more into the conspiracy theory poo poo, and Trump is not enough degrees removed from the Clintons to not catch that shade from Morrow. There was that tweet about the loli pimp who's name I always forget how to spell.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

thethreeman posted:

lol, thank you for encouraging me to look at the pdf

I wanna know who those 5 Trump Democrats are

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I've been stuck at work and it was moderately busy for once, did I miss anything hilarious today?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TARDISman posted:

I've been stuck at work and it was moderately busy for once, did I miss anything hilarious today?
A living legend of the Civil Rights Movement is leading a sit-in in the House of Representatives to get gun control passed on the day Paul Ryan was supposed to roll out his health care plan.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

TARDISman posted:

Trump pivoted to boring, horse racery and panic ensued

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao if trumps new catchphrase convinces anyone he's ever in his entire life had anyone else's interests in mind but his own

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TARDISman posted:

Trumps doing Romney cosplay now

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

TARDISman posted:

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/745609119814553601
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/745644453453434880

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

TARDISman posted:

Trump read like a stoned robot from a teleprompter causing Chuck Todd to say it gave Hillary third-degree burns and caused a complete reset of the race.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

fishmech posted:

blame your parents' and grandparents' neighbors for deciding whereever it is you live is a piece of poo poo back in the 20s-60s, and then leaving for some dumbass suburb bro lol

those places weren't "looted", they never had anything of value to "loot"

never mind that those places hes talking about are actually mostly agricultural and as such their economy is propped by government subsidies and trade agreements

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

babypolis posted:

never mind that those places hes talking about are actually mostly agricultural and as such their economy is propped by government subsidies and trade agreements

A lot of them were manufacturing base. And we destroyed them. The good thing is that the right people can now get cheaper goods made overseas and the major industries of the right cities can make more profit!

And yes I'm for destroying the white middle and working class to give jobs to other countries and make urban areas better playgrounds for upper class white people. That, and the fact that Democrats actually deliver better on entitlement cuts, free trade, and propping up big business is why I'm a Democrat. They hurt the right people to make things even nicer for the best people!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

babypolis posted:

The agricultural towns are doing much better than the industrial towns in the rustbelt.

Many of them look like something out of the walking dead, just swap zombies for junkies.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 23, 2016

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MysteriousStranger posted:

A lot of them were manufacturing base. And we destroyed them. The good thing is that the right people can now get cheaper goods made overseas and the major industries of the right cities can make more profit!

And yes I'm for destroying the white middle and working class to give jobs to other countries and make urban areas better playgrounds for upper class white people. That, and the fact that Democrats actually deliver better on entitlement cuts, free trade, and propping up big business is why I'm a Democrat. They hurt the right people to make things even nicer for the best people!

I'm not sure we destroyed manufacturing jobs. They just left for different locales. First it was Japan and then the final blow was China. Here's the thing with China though. They are caught in the same crunch as they are losing some manufacturing to even lower cost countries.

As standard of living increases cost of production increase and low skill manufacturing jobs go elsewhere where it's cheaper.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

every picture ive ever seen of this dork has him staring at his phone

Welcome to the future!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

Welcome to the future!

dudes too busy getting kicked off twitter for trying to put a hit out on a troll to make eye contact

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Still a few pages back, so I don't know if anyone's made this point yet, but if Donald Trump owns a luxury hotel four blocks from the White House, if elected, how long until he decides that the White House isn't Yuge and Luxurious enough for his needs and just decamps to the Trump Old Post Office?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/745765814557638656?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MysteriousStranger posted:

who the gently caress is "we" kemosabe

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

hillary clinton is stealing my shitposts, i cant believe this shameless horsecrap

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jayzus god drat christ lady/ay dios mio abuela

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Slate Action posted:

So what, is Trump just not gonna say anything crazy for 4.5 months? Does he have that kind of discipline?

Seems like they've blocked his direct access to Twitter, which is a good first step in the process. Short of lobotomy, I have no idea what step two would entail.

drat, whats Morrows damage? i thought he was on the Trump train.

Trump implied that he would be drawing from and advertising Morrow's book about the Clinton's during his speech but he didn't. It always comes down to self-promotion with these clowns.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Despite the current political tenor, US is actually manufacturing more than it ever has. We're just making relatively high-value products using automated processes, so the number of people involved is smaller. Though counts of manufacturing jobs don't necessarily include the additional back-office, finance, IT, education, etc jobs that this higher-value manufacturing requires.

And really, who wants to work in a factory producing low-value widgets? The only reason people put up with it was because it paid decently and they couldn't do better.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

It took her crack team of former Daily Show writers all day to make a joke that was made in this thread the moment Trump said "I'm with you".

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Montasque posted:

It took her crack team of former Daily Show writers all day to make a joke that was made in this thread the moment Trump said "I'm with you".

Yet it's her tweet that gets all the attention.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

showbiz_liz posted:

Kinda wish I hadn't bothered but, eh!

The original image must have used different types of spending data than the two sources I used. I'm wondering if it didn't include military spending?

These numbers don't really make sense to me. It's not like the revenue sent to the federal government by Delaware, Minnesota and New Jersey can cover the money then sent to the other states.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Despite the current political tenor, US is actually manufacturing more than it ever has. We're just making relatively high-value products using automated processes, so the number of people involved is smaller. Though counts of manufacturing jobs don't necessarily include the additional back-office, finance, IT, education, etc jobs that this higher-value manufacturing requires.

And really, who wants to work in a factory producing low-value widgets? The only reason people put up with it was because it paid decently and they couldn't do better.

Neo-luddite economic policy is a hard sell

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Montasque posted:

lets see you do a focus test that quickly

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
For Twitter, there's probably golden balance of "smarmy off the cuff bon mot" and "let's workshop this a bit to make sure we don't drop another CP time" calculation.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

TheTatteredKing posted:

Morrow is way more into the conspiracy theory poo poo, and Trump is not enough degrees removed from the Clintons to not catch that shade from Morrow. There was that tweet about the loli pimp who's name I always forget how to spell.

speaking of conspiracies reminded me of the time trump told people it was very suspicious that scalia died with a pillow over his head. good times

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

EwokEntourage posted:

So black trump supporters are in hiding, just like that dudes neck

He looks like they just told him they have his family hostage and will kill them unless he reads off their cuecards.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A medical device plant that has a few dozen folks out on a shop floor, but probably supported by dozens more researchers, technicians, and so on that don't even count as manufacturing jobs is manufacturing far more than some factory in Vietnam with hundreds of people in a vast warehouse assembling vibrators. Why would we want to go back to the latter?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Vladimir Putin posted:

I'm not sure we destroyed manufacturing jobs. They just left for different locales. First it was Japan and then the final blow was China. Here's the thing with China though. They are caught in the same crunch as they are losing some manufacturing to even lower cost countries.

As standard of living increases cost of production increase and low skill manufacturing jobs go elsewhere where it's cheaper.

IMO what destroyed manufacturing jobs was intermodal containerized shipping. That dramatically reduced the cost of shipping large quantities of goods across the oceans and made the labor cost differential a significant factor in moving manufacturing elsewhere.

Manufacturing employment had been declining for several decades before any significant trade pacts were signed, so their connection is dubious. NAFTA did not send manufacturing to Mexico as they were already on their way to China by that point and Mexico lost out to them, too.

American manufacturing now concentrates on big low-margin stuff that's difficult and/or expensive to ship. That's why Japanese manufacturers set up shop in the US. They just couldn't ship cars across the ocean fast enough to meet demand.

"Trade agreements cost ARE JERBS!" is just so much populist rhetoric. It doesn't seem to correlate with many facts.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 23, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Drain the worlds oceans = problem solved

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Despera posted:

Drain the worlds oceans = problem solved

A wall is cheaper and plays better rhetorically!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A wall is cheaper and plays better rhetorically!

What do you think we do with the all the water? Haven't you ever heard of a sea wall?:rolleye:

Low IQ—bad brain. Sad!

• Locked thread