Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Cumslut1895 posted:

>Walk right

>You fall off the roof.
>It's a shame your adventure has come to an end here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
>COMBINE CIRCULAR SAW, PLASTIC SHEETING

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Geirskogul posted:

>COMBINE CIRCULAR SAW, PLASTIC SHEETING

You have become a serial killer
Next move? (N,W,E, Down)
>_

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
>DON SANDALS

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Geirskogul posted:

>DON SANDALS

DON SANDALS looks at you like you want to tell him something.
Next move? (N,W,E, Down)
>_

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
xyzzy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
plugh

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
idclip, so I can create these monstrosities on purpose rather than by accident.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

endlessmonotony posted:

idclip, so I can create these monstrosities on purpose rather than by accident.

bitches used idclip

pros used idspispopd

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

flosofl posted:

DON SANDALS looks at you like you want to tell him something.
Next move? (N,W,E, Down)
>_

INV
USE wallet
GET permit from Don Sandals

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Don Sandals is baffled at this request, and, after taking your money, he takes a small step backwards. He is precariously close to the edge of the roof.

Don reaches into his right front pocket, with a nervous smile on his face.

Next move? (N, W, E, Down)
>_

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Geirskogul posted:

Don Sandals is baffled at this request, and, after taking your money, he takes a small step backwards. He is precariously close to the edge of the roof.

>_

Seduce Don Sandals.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Geirskogul posted:

>Result
>Vegan Lumberjack
>Try Again? Y/N

That made me laugh a lot more than it should have.

edit: this whole exchange, too.

NOTHING HAPPENS

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 23, 2016

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Geirskogul posted:

>_

YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY ON THE ROOF.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
>EAT ROOF

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

>USE RIFLE
>KILL 200 POUNDS OF DON SANDALS
>YOU CAN ONLY CARRY 20 POUNDS OF DON SANDALS

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why would a serial killer seduce Don Sandals?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

Why would a serial killer seduce Don Sandals?

Everyone needs love.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Hello, Sailor

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
>Superbrief
>Close door
>Verbose
>Down
>Up
>Down

:bigtran:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

NancyPants posted:

Everyone needs love.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hello, Sailor

Get a chatroom, you two!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
> awaken to a true understanding of your existence as a character in a fake text adventure

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh God I exist because of a deliberate misunderstanding of words for comedic effect.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Jesus fuckin' Christ, let's talk about why Fleetwood ever thought it was a good idea to put carpet in my bathroom. A single misguided dumbass carpeting a bathroom I can understand, but a manufacturer?

Oddly, the other bathroom, with proper linoleum tile, is the one that has a hole rotted though the subfloor (previous owner apparently toweled off in the tub, her teenage son using the other bathroom dripped on the floor).

I really should do something about that hole in the floor before the toilet calls in, as it did in the last rental (which was built like a fuckin' tank and still a shithole -- the furnace closest/attic access tunnel was fully planked with 1x4 like a ship's hull).

Edit: in other news, I want to fish cable through my underfloor HVAC ducting (my desk and the modem are right beside vents, and I've got a box of plenum-rated CAT5e). The cable's too floppy to just push through, and the size of the registers means fish tape is a no-go. I'm thinking tiny R/C car with a wifi FPV camera on top. Does such a thing exist, preferably around $20?

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 24, 2016

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Delivery McGee posted:

Jesus fuckin' Christ, let's talk about why Fleetwood ever thought it was a good idea to put carpet in my bathroom. A single misguided dumbass carpeting a bathroom I can understand, but a manufacturer?

Oddly, the other bathroom, with proper linoleum tile, is the one that has a hole rotted though the subfloor (previous owner apparently toweled off in the tub, her teenage son using the other bathroom dripped on the floor).

I really should do something about that hole in the floor before the toilet calls in, as it did in the last rental (which was built like a fuckin' tank and still a shithole -- the furnace closest/attic access tunnel was fully planked with 1x4 like a ship's hull).

Uhhhhh I think it's tough to get that kind of water damage from someone dripping onto the floor. You sure the toilet or tub didn't leak?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

NancyPants posted:

Uhhhhh I think it's tough to get that kind of water damage from someone dripping onto the floor. You sure the toilet or tub didn't leak?

Current house: Not closing the shower curtain all the way, I'd assume, it's at the inlet end of the tub.

Previous house: the bolts holding the tank onto the toilet rusted away and leaked to the point where for the last few months we lived there we had to leave the shutoff valve off, and turn it on just until it flushed. The landlord was pretty hands-off (see my other posts in this thread), and gently caress paying to fix anything that wasn't likely to immediately kill us or our pets (also Texas, so suing them would be difficult). Of course they fixed everything after we moved out, but ignored me when I called to say the garage was falling in on itself, or the toilet was falling over like a dying battleship, and only eventually got around to sending a guy out for A/C and water-pipe breaks.

I love owning my own place. Sure, I have to do all the work, but otoh, I don't have to rely on somebody else to fix poo poo.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 24, 2016

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Delivery McGee posted:

Edit: in other news, I want to fish cable through my underfloor HVAC ducting (my desk and the modem are right beside vents, and I've got a box of plenum-rated CAT5e). The cable's too floppy to just push through, and the size of the registers means fish tape is a no-go. I'm thinking tiny R/C car with a wifi FPV camera on top. Does such a thing exist, preferably around $20?

Do you have a Harbor Freight near you?

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-16-inch-x-33-ft-fiberglass-wire-running-kit-65326.html

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Seconding fish sticks. They can be used to push cable too, not just pull. Still, you're going to have a hell of a time turning corners inside your ductwork.

Honestly, I would search around on YouTube for cable fishing videos. Maybe one will give you an idea.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Besides the obvious, there is an incredible amount of stuff wrong with this picture. I didn't think it was even possible to make so many mistakes with 3 breakers. I like the second neutral conductor that seems to only be there because someone had the idea that you needed a green one for some reason.

Also the AFCI breaker isn't doing anything, the extra slots are for the neutral conductors and only the attached conductor connects to the neutral bar. This is how it's able to detect an arc fault. If you connect the neutral conductors straight to the bar you bypass that protection :downs:

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 25, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You use some light string with a light puff, like a large cotton ball, tied to the end.

Block off every vent but the start and destination one.

Use a leaf blower to blow the string between the two vents.

It helps to put a box fan in the window of the destination vent to pull air out, to create a tiny bit of negative pressure.

You think I'm joking, but I'm serious. One year of weatherization for the state of Idaho taught me more tricks than a lifetime of stickbuilt new construction would.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
When I worked on a construction site, that's how electricians ran cable through conduit ducts too. They also made the apprentices stand at the other end to catch the ball and line, not telling them that there'd be a lot of rainwater in some of those empty conduits coming their way. Hopefully there isn't in your house ductwork.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
drat I wanted to be the clever one to say that! Fish line with a grocery bag on the end and tape up a vacuum to the duct. Then pull cable with the fish line the other way. My hovel only has 4" ducts to each room so it's nbd.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Currently vacant as the owner was transferred to another state.

Left: bike trail / Right: fallow rice paddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 25, 2016

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I've never seen a house built inside a drainage ditch

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Buff Skeleton posted:

I've never seen a house built inside a drainage ditch

I kinda like it. It's like a mini castle complete with a moat. :3:

Edit: given the bars on doors and windows, that's sorta what it is.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

peanut posted:

Currently vacant as the owner was transferred to another state.

Left: bike trail / Right: fallow rice paddy

I look at that and realize that the only reason there's a balcony on the second floor is to air out the futons. There is probably nothing to look at except rice fields and similarly weird small houses.

Rice fields are pretty sometimes, especially when the rice is tall and the wind catches it in the sunset, but other than that it's just crows and the realization that your life is attached to this small polygonal house that you are bound to through a 40-year mortgage.

I really am happy I don't live in that house. I'm willing to bet the 1st floor room with the barred windows is a horribly cramped "kitchen" with a gas range that looks like a camping stove with a broiler, surrounded by rotten smelly tinfoil that is covered in last month's tempura leavings and other nasty poo poo.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Effective-Disorder posted:

I look at that and realize that the only reason there's a balcony on the second floor is to air out the futons. There is probably nothing to look at except rice fields and similarly weird small houses.

Rice fields are pretty sometimes, especially when the rice is tall and the wind catches it in the sunset, but other than that it's just crows and the realization that your life is attached to this small polygonal house that you are bound to through a 40-year mortgage.

I really am happy I don't live in that house. I'm willing to bet the 1st floor room with the barred windows is a horribly cramped "kitchen" with a gas range that looks like a camping stove with a broiler, surrounded by rotten smelly tinfoil that is covered in last month's tempura leavings and other nasty poo poo.

so how's life going for you

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

so how's life going for you

Pretty good. I took a shower without having to step over my toilet today.

EDIT: I used to live in a place with a bathroom like this...

Effective-Disorder fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Sup :japan: ^^^
The bars are definitely for a kitchen back door or the window of the bathroom/laundry area. Windows you might want to leave open at night or while you're not home.

The front of that house is less tedious, but shuttered up while the owner is away.

This house is also shuttered, but lived in...

Only registered members can see post attachments!