Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

loquacius posted:

Yeah the term "Jewish" and "Ashkenazi" are kind of interchangeable in a lot of cases, since we don't really convert people so if you're Jewish it's probably because you're a Jewish ethnicity and most of us are Ashkenazi

So it's both a religion, and a handful of ethnicities that traditionally believe in that religion, depending on the context

I know this Jewish guy who turned his back on his family to become a Southern Baptist. Motherfucker is insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

waitwhatno posted:

Jesus Christ, how were you a superpower? How do you even function as a country?

They don't

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

waitwhatno posted:

When our money was super cool and hosed up everyone had to use a shitload of brain power to work out how to pay for anything. This caused the average IQ to go up by 10 points across the board because stupid people starved to death trying to work out how much a loaf of bread cost.

Now everything has been decimalized even idiots can buy things. Thanks a lot EU.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Beige posted:

Thanks. Well I aced the preliminary questionnaire!

I'm a level 5 autist, I see letters as colours and have super hearing

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Dreggon posted:

between trump and this i wonder if world war 3 will happen by 2020

Soros wants a war with Russia.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

RobattoJesus posted:

When our money was super cool and hosed up everyone had to use a shitload of brain power to work out how to pay for anything. This caused the average IQ to go up by 10 points across the board because stupid people starved to death trying to work out how much a loaf of bread cost.

Now everything has been decimalized even idiots can buy things. Thanks a lot EU.

And thanks to benefit fraud still no one has a clue was a loaf is worth.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Voted to stay – both sides were doing way too much scaremongering to let the facts come to surface which is why a lot of people are unsure. I voted to stay despite this, from a human standpoint that being in a union is ultimately beneficial for our culture, easier commerce in a single market and giving people the chance to improve their lives. Sure, immigration will need to be controlled in some way, but I do believe that going out is the wrong thing to do in the end.

The thing is, if we leave, that’s it./ No going back unless we want to forfeit the pound and go in with the Euro too. If we choose to stay and it gets shitter and shitter, then we can have another referendum and then leave when we are more sure. Leaving is a gamble, staying is at least the status quo.

Also, my girlfriend is Bulgarian, without the EU we don’t get lovely sexy foreigners.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i was just minding my own business and a man from brussels straightened my bannana

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
What would happen if I voted twice?

I voted leave by post but I am gonna try and vote again later today, how do they check?

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

good avatar

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Tramadol Junkie posted:

I voted leave by post but I am gonna try and vote again later today, how do they check?

They have a list of the voters who are registered to vote in the polling station's area and they cross your name off the list when they give you the ballot.

You can't vote twice. Don't try. =/

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Tramadol Junkie posted:

They have to count all 40+ million cards again from the beginning.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

seems all the leftists want to stay, which means the best thing to do is leave. good luck uk hope you become free again.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Voted remain.

The opinion polls were really super close, but there were like 10 - 15% "undecided" rates in those so I'm hoping the majority of those who are cautious enough to say they are undecided before the poll are also cautious enough to vote remain, rather than jump off the dark cliff into the leave-decision.

Also, a lot of those opinion polls were telephone polls, and honestly I can only hope that the kind of people who would sit down and answer a telephone opinion poll (or the kind of people at home during the day who are available for them) have skewed the opinion polls, and we'll actually get a remain vote with like a comfortable 10% margin.

Here's to the future lads. :ohdear:

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Fat Jesus posted:

seems all the leftists want to stay, which means the best thing to do is leave. good luck uk hope you become free again.

Actually the Communist Party of Great Britain, and most far left-wing political groups, are in favour of leaving the EU.

Right wing groups like UKIP are of course, also in favour of leaving the EU.

So remember, a vote to remain is a vote to stick it to whoever you don't like! =D

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tramadol Junkie posted:

You've spent $140 on the opportunity to call other people subhuman on a dead gay forum where everyone thinks you're poo poo and unfunny. Trying to vote twice would be about as fruitful and fulfilling, so go for it duder.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

waitwhatno posted:

when england finds something that works it sticks with it for a while. keep in mind they were using those same retarded coins back when the rest of the world was trading in denominations of bear skins and leopard skulls

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
If I still lived in England I'd vote leave

Don't really care either way

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

KomodoWagon posted:

You've spent $140 on the opportunity to call other people subhuman on a dead gay forum where everyone thinks you're poo poo and unfunny. Trying to vote twice would be about as fruitful and fulfilling, so go for it duder.

Money ain't but a thing.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

Fat Jesus posted:

It's not just lefties that want to stay, I've been called a right wing thatcherite tory bitch many times in my life yet I voted to stay.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lor posted:

a vote to remain is a vote to stick it to whoever you don't like! =D

Especially true if you hate yourself.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Rutibex posted:

when england finds something that works it sticks with it for a while. keep in mind they were using those same retarded coins back when the rest of the world was trading in denominations of bear skins and leopard skulls

coins: invented by england

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OMGVBFLOL posted:

THIS IS WHAT THE ENGLISH ACTUALLY BELIEVE

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

KomodoWagon posted:

THIS IS WHAT THE ENGLISH ACTUALLY BELIEVE

we invented rear end pennies

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

tazjin posted:

good avatar

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
how many bobs do you need to buy a child?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hogge Wild posted:

If you've got a Bob you've already got a kid

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Hogge Wild posted:

Three tuppence and a ha-penny. Which is like an irrational number in bobs, I think it's two shillings divided by the square root of minus one plus the first number you were thinking of. I could work it out but I don't have an abacus at work.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also soccer

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Lor posted:

Actually the Communist Party of Great Britain, and most far left-wing political groups, are in favour of leaving the EU.

Right wing groups like UKIP are of course, also in favour of leaving the EU.

So remember, a vote to remain is a vote to stick it to whoever you don't like! =D

Those aren't the ones I despise. It's the moderate left that deserve a world of misery. The self riotous bigots who believe anyone with conflicting views to them are racist and/or nazis and should be dealt with by silencing and censorship. They do this without a shred of irony. I can't express my contempt for those people enough. They are as bad as the scum they want silenced and smug to boot.

Opps I just seriousposted in GBS. Ban thread, Gas OP

e: every single one of those people will be voting remain, acting like they have done their 'research' which consists entirely of status quo fallacy and straw-manning leavers as inherently racist

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 23, 2016

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

ArmZ posted:

also soccer

I thought it was the Mayans. Didn't they play football with severed heads and balls that where on fire?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

jiggerypokery posted:

Those aren't the ones I despise. It's the moderate left that deserve a world of misery. The self riotous bigots who believe anyone with conflicting views to them are racist and/or nazis and should be dealt with by silencing and censorship. They do this without a shred of irony. I can't express my contempt for those people enough. They are as bad as the scum they want silenced and smug to boot.

This is a good post. The modern left has become the christian church of the 21st century. Very little help thy neighbour and lots of holier than thou, burn-in-hell-sinner rhetoric.

It's a shame because I would love to be a leftist, but my mildly autistic love of logic and the fact I pretty much like everyone prohibits me from joining the shrieking masses.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Did they vote yet? Are there like numbers yet?

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Did they vote yet? Are there like numbers yet?

Polling closes at 10pm tonight - its currently about 2pm

All the results will be in by 7am tomorrow morning.

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
Lol at Americans and British people thinking there are left wing politicians in their hosed up countries.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Polling closes at 10pm tonight - its currently about 2pm

All the results will be in by 7am tomorrow morning.

In America we get election results that night.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's coz you throw away the black vote. Less to count.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
polling takes longer cuz they use the metric system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

They start announcing votes by areas all night, final tally wont be in until 7am

• Locked thread