Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

never fix nuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
STEP ASIDE STEWIE, WE HAVE A NEW SMOKE GOD

https://clips.twitch.tv/eleaguetv/DarkKuduTheThing

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Photex posted:

never fix nuke.

Echo fox's terrorist pistol round had me laughing so hard. I didn't even realize you could plant for toxic.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
WorldEdit is going so absolutely ham on Train right now, he might drop 30 before the end of first half.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

31 kills in a half for WorldEdit

goddamn

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
And 4 deaths.

On T-side Train. What an insane performance.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Not often I get away with good deals on new crate skins

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
Is it harder to rank up now? I won 5 games in a row, 15-15 tied, then won another 5 in a row but I haven't ranked out of GN3. I've dropped 30+ kills in most of them too. I don't get it.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

pctD posted:

Is it harder to rank up now? I won 5 games in a row, 15-15 tied, then won another 5 in a row but I haven't ranked out of GN3. I've dropped 30+ kills in most of them too. I don't get it.

I feel like it might be Gold Nova in my opinion. I went from silver 4 to GN3 in like ten games, but after that I have yet to see any more progression and I'm winning 4/5 games I play.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Divine Blob posted:

I feel like it might be Gold Nova in my opinion. I went from silver 4 to GN3 in like ten games, but after that I have yet to see any more progression and I'm winning 4/5 games I play.

I am getting this feeling too, after the curve changed I started playing cevo since I got a 90 day trial for MVP. Now i'm back on MM to try out prime and after 6 or 7 games dropping 25+ and winning i'm still GN4.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Photex posted:

I am getting this feeling too, after the curve changed I started playing cevo since I got a 90 day trial for MVP. Now i'm back on MM to try out prime and after 6 or 7 games dropping 25+ and winning i'm still GN4.

Just kidding I ranked up to GN4 my first game this morning. I dunno, try waiting until the end and seeing what rank they are? I get a lot of guardian ranks in my games with the occasional GN4.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Divine Blob posted:

Just kidding I ranked up to GN4 my first game this morning. I dunno, try waiting until the end and seeing what rank they are? I get a lot of guardian ranks in my games with the occasional GN4.

In Prime I've definitely been playing against all GN4s

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Wait, they finally fixed Let's Roll-oll? :-(

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I got a bit of a giggle out of this

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Goofballs posted:

I got a bit of a giggle out of this

I like it.

I got a Gamma case drop last night and got $4.45 :woop:

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

metallicaeg posted:

Wait, they finally fixed Let's Roll-oll? :-(

Yes but we will always have

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I just play prime MM and continually bounce between GN2 and 3 based on how moronic a team I get. GN2 matches do feel a little easier and I'm not good but I will be #1 or #2 frag in GN3, but will always always get on a 3 game losing streak of russian or spanish teammates or ADD racist children and derank.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Why do they even put this game on sale anymore. It causes nothing but pain and suffering

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

gigawhite posted:

Why do they even put this game on sale anymore. It causes nothing but pain and suffering

Hopefully with Prime MM it won't really matter when they put it on sale.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Na'Vi playing Echofox just isn't fair

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Na'Vi playing Echofox just isn't fair

Echo took Dust 2 off of Navi just a couple days ago but yeah it's not looking great right now.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

mousesports mega tilted on overpass, pp bizon buy in a gun round

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

gigawhite posted:

Echo took Dust 2 off of Navi just a couple days ago but yeah it's not looking great right now.

Think it just took a while for them to gel as a team this tournament. Na'Vi played like a machine today.

Now Mous is looking tilted as hell, think it's gonna be Flipside v Na'Vi in the finals. I hope WorldEdit shows up again, because seeing him duel GuardiaN will be great.

edit: kick everyone from mousesports except for chrisj and niko. jesus they look bad.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 23, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well I only caught the end of it really but some of its on niko or them not listening to him. Like Anders was saying they're just recklessly pushing in situations where they have the advantage. Does he not call fall back or do they not give a poo poo if he does

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Goofballs posted:

Well I only caught the end of it really but some of its on niko or them not listening to him. Like Anders was saying they're just recklessly pushing in situations where they have the advantage. Does he not call fall back or do they not give a poo poo if he does

everything about it was ugly. most of the situations they got caught out and killed were times they shouldn't have to be told to pull back. watching niko lead mous is like watching someone trying to herd cats. (heh)

they should be able to win cache though, even if they are tilted.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So I have been out of the loop for a while, I'm watching some of these group stages though and I have a question:

Is crouching all of a sudden a good thing? I remember back in the day people saying to pretty much never crouch because it makes it easier for you to be headshot. But watching these pro's play and every time they fire, if they don't land the first shot they almost immediately crouch and spray.

Is this not a good strategy?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Knifegrab posted:

So I have been out of the loop for a while, I'm watching some of these group stages though and I have a question:

Is crouching all of a sudden a good thing? I remember back in the day people saying to pretty much never crouch because it makes it easier for you to be headshot. But watching these pro's play and every time they fire, if they don't land the first shot they almost immediately crouch and spray.

it's situation dependent, I'm sure some of the people you are watching are doing dumb things, but crouching will help with spray control, I often do it after the first 2-3 shots so that the next 5 or so in the spray will hit where I want. I'm no pro nor am I super awesome so it could be dumb.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

my understanding is that if you haven't killed them after your first burst, there's a good chance you will die, so might as well crouch to tighten your aim.

think it's pretty dumb to do it immediately, because your enemy does have an easier flick, but doing it midburst means your enemies aim might actually be thrown off a bit if they have started firing.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 23, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Its always been a good thing but new players probably shouldn't do it because it is pretty much total commitment to whatever fight you are taking and a lot of the time running away and taking a different angle is better. Especially if the ts will happily sacrifice one player so they can make it a 4v4. Its good because people keep their crosshair at standing person head height so if you crouch you can bait them into shooting over your head especially if you go around an angle very fast to the point where you expect to take the fight.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 23, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

copying pros on this is bad because you probably won't ever be able to aim as well as them

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well im sure sending them back to cobble won't trigger any flashbacks to the major

edit: I played another match and didn't know they were doing cobble chickens for every technical difficulties

edit

quote:

CS:GO will not be giftable during the sale. Our goal with sales is to grow the community and historically, during sales, the new users that stick around are mainly the ones that purchase copies for themselves.

For once theyre putting some breaks on smurfs

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 23, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I am real surprised by that, I almost made a snarky comment about how valve makes money on sales and cares about the money more than the player base in response to that dude asking why they would put it on sale earlier.

Way to go Valve, I guess!

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

surc posted:

I am real surprised by that, I almost made a snarky comment about how valve makes money on sales and cares about the money more than the player base in response to that dude asking why they would put it on sale earlier.

Way to go Valve, I guess!

Between this, and level 21 for prime, MM might be safe for this sale. (Who am I kidding, no it won't)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
why wouldn't it be? MM has been pretty enjoyable in my last 5 games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Goofballs posted:

Well im sure sending them back to cobble won't trigger any flashbacks to the major

edit: I played another match and didn't know they were doing cobble chickens for every technical difficulties

edit

For once theyre putting some breaks on smurfs

dumb, the reason i started on my main was because someone gifted it to me

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ArfJason posted:

dumb, the reason i started on my main was because someone gifted it to me

What, people can't PayPal their friends $12 and they can purchase it themselves? It's not that big of a hurdle. Not to mention it really doesn't do anything to prevent smurfs because they can just buy it once a new Steam account is created. It's the illusion of safety from smurfs.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It goes hand-in-hand with Prime making MM better though, because you would have to link your new steam account to a phone number if you want in prime. They're not making it impossible to smurf, they're just making it more of a pain, which will discourage a large amount of people from doing it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

surc posted:

It goes hand-in-hand with Prime making MM better though, because you would have to link your new steam account to a phone number if you want in prime. They're not making it impossible to smurf, they're just making it more of a pain, which will discourage a large amount of people from doing it.

Prime is about limiting hackers rather than smurfs. You hack on prime? All your prime accounts get flagged. You smurf on prime? Who the gently caress cares, get a life.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A TURGID FATSO posted:

What, people can't PayPal their friends $12 and they can purchase it themselves? It's not that big of a hurdle. Not to mention it really doesn't do anything to prevent smurfs because they can just buy it once a new Steam account is created. It's the illusion of safety from smurfs.

it's more so people don't stockpile gifts in their inventory for cheap, and dole them out to themselves when their cheating account gets banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

MF_James posted:

Prime is about limiting hackers rather than smurfs. You hack on prime? All your prime accounts get flagged. You smurf on prime? Who the gently caress cares, get a life.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2235-QYCN-3295#samenumber

:confused:

surc fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 24, 2016