Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ravage is going to have to get those wheelchair for animals. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rhyno posted:

We've already seen them as well, Thunderclash laid waste to the planet in Devastation.

It was Thunderwing in Stormbringer who did the laying of waster because Thunderclash is The Greatest Autobot Who Ever Lived

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a dude on DA who apparently makes custom figures, and he's done a bunch of MTMTE characters. They're extremely nice and I want them.

edit: holy gently caress, based on the WIP images of some of them, they're all Lego Bionicle hybrids. That's nuts. Good choice for solid, cheap joints, though.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 23, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also, it looks like the running theme for this issue is flushing big important ideologies down the drain unceremoniously. I guess Megatron's newfound pacifism was mostly based in his fear that he wouldn't be able to fight well with the fool's energon? And for a moment as important like that, you'd think he wouldn't just go down like a chump in a few pages. Deathsaurus is a-ok with human wave tactics while the heavy-hitters who could actually put up a fight stay back where it's safe. Overlord apparently wasn't so keen on going toe-to-toe with Megatron despite that being his singular motivation for years, back before the Wreckers ever took him down. Chromedome also sure got over his last, final, ultimate oath to never poke into people's brains ever again, REAL QUICK and look, he's none the worse for it!

SlothfulCobra posted:

He gives his whole speech about why he doesn't want to fight, how his fighting's done him and the world around him no favors, and if he starts up again,. he'll take to violence like a recovering alcoholic. Then Ratchet tells him about the fool's energon. Ravage dies, but it's not like Megatron didn't know that their lives were already at stake. The only thing that's changed for Megatron in the moments between his speech and him taking up arms is learning about the fool's energon. Really it reads like all it's saying is that pacifism is for losers and violence is great.
Did you actually read the comic? Because literally everything you're commenting on is wrong and pretty clearly and directly explained.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a dude on DA who apparently makes custom figures, and he's done a bunch of MTMTE characters. They're extremely nice and I want them.

edit: holy gently caress, based on the WIP images of some of them, they're all Lego Bionicle hybrids. That's nuts. Good choice for solid, cheap joints, though.

Every time I see those for a split second I think "oh wow I gotta find pics of the alt modes" and then I remember that people who customize transformers without alt modes are the worst people on earth.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shut up, nefud.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
He's right though. Transformers should transform.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
With how most people display their Transformers, they might as well not.

Comic-proportioned renditions of the characters, which these are, would require some significant engineering work to be able to accurately transform if it's even possible at all, and it would look poo poo in one or both modes because of it. Those are great display pieces.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Action Masters 2.0!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Well... those people clearly are enjoying their hobby wrongly.

SynthOrange posted:

Ravage is going to have to get those wheelchair for animals. :smith:

Even worse, he's gonna wake up in his Titans Return body

"Ratchet, just kill me please"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Comic-proportioned renditions of the characters, which these are, would require some significant engineering work to be able to accurately transform if it's even possible at all, and it would look poo poo in one or both modes because of it. Those are great display pieces.

generationsspringer.jpg

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Why cookie Rocket posted:

generationsspringer.jpg

A Great Toy.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Captain Invictus posted:

Until they make transformers that transform themselves, there's not really a lot of options.

Also, I'm pretty sure reading that statement sent a chill down Dr. What's spine.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Anora posted:

In the cartoon they just sort of took their heads off and had aliens and Daniel crawl in.

Pretty sure there were some animations that involved the heads partsforming with arms and legs...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

Until they make transformers that transform themselves, there's not really a lot of options.

Also, I'm pretty sure reading that statement sent a chill down Dr. What's spine.

Here's a loving option:

git gud and take your goddamn toys off the shelf once in a while

EDIT: OH WOW i glazed over that bit. less a "chill" and more of a searing rage but yeah.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hey now, I don't have the problem of not messing with my guys, I bought a few of those open front $12 - $16 shelves from Wal-mart.

I'm kind of surprised you aren't breaking out in a cold sweat from the idea of Transformers that transform themselves. All the complexity gone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I display my Transformers as half-transformed mish-mashes of parts. Get on my level.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I always get kind of disappointed when peeps post photos of their shelves and it's a pile of dudes just kind of standing there. Not only is it boring, it always turns a collection of lovingly designed pieces of toy art into an indistinct mass of primary colours and roboty bits.
Which is why I rotate my displays and only show a part of my collection at a time. And because I'm a silly person, I like to pose them into little nonsense vignettes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zaa Boogie posted:

Action Masters 2.0!

Honestly I think it could work if done right

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Love this one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey if you're an anti knock off elitist the Perfect Effect hands and feet are back in stock at the Chosen Prime.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

drrockso20 posted:

Go into a Tuesday Morning or Five Below and just count the Hero Mashers.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

good

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Barricade being made to sit there and think about what he's done?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Couldn't literally everything work "if done right"?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Barricade being made to sit there and think about what he's done?

It looks like a robot equivalent of a cockfight.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

SeannieDarko posted:

Is anyone playing the new Transformers: Earth Wars game?

I didn't see much response to this question, is anyone playing it at all? I'm in on the Decepticon side.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

More pics of Titans Return stuff, Computron, and more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Hey if you're an anti knock off elitist the Perfect Effect hands and feet are back in stock at the Chosen Prime.
Nonnef, after responding to me fairly quickly when asked about where the stuff was and saying they were being shipped out (months ago), then went silent immediately upon being asked for a refund, has now shipped out my stuff. What a fucker, they weren't shipped at all, he just didn't want to give a refund.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Every time I see new photos, I can't decide if I prefer the upcoming Hasbro or Takara Blurr. Which one are you all going with?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How MP Inferno hides his ladder. It was inspired by Combiner Wars Defensor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Comfortador posted:

I didn't see much response to this question, is anyone playing it at all? I'm in on the Decepticon side.

I'm a Decepticon of course

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Transformers Devastation is in the Steam Sale

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
When do we get a combiner that has an alt mode? I don't count Rodimus colored black and called Menasor, but I'll accept one that doesn't split.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

I display my Transformers as half-transformed mish-mashes of parts. Get on my level.

When I was a kid, some of my transformers got "the plague" and were stuck in (or as near as I could make, depending on the toy) gerwalk mode.

The MSJ posted:

How MP Inferno hides his ladder. It was inspired by Combiner Wars Defensor.

Very cool!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

WickedHate posted:

When do we get a combiner that has an alt mode? I don't count Rodimus colored black and called Menasor, but I'll accept one that doesn't split.

:v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Transformer toys who are a robot on one side and turn into their alt mode by laying down are the worst kind.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What do you mean!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

A part of me almost wants this, just because of how insanely terrible it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of our friends stopped by and she brought her two sons with while I was at work yesterday. They managed to break several bots and a dozen missiles and accessories from various figures have gone missing, probably into the stomach of the toddler. Thankfully she is a good friend and has offered to replace or pay for what they ate/broke.