Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Should I finish this Cloverfield movie after 40 minutes invested?

The new one or the old one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zelah posted:

The new one or the old one?

New

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Yes, have fun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't believe OKC actually traded Ibaka. I'm going to miss that guy. Oladipo and Russ will be fun to watch at the very least.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I haven't seen it. Loved the first one with my main squeeze Lizzy Caplan. Maybe I'll watch the new one this weekend.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I don't really see how a Westbrook + Oladipo backcourt works. Two bad three point shooters who gamble on defence.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

I don't really see how a Westbrook + Oladipo backcourt works. Two bad three point shooters who gamble on defence.

Roberson will still be starting

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Spacebump posted:

Yes, have fun.

I'm a little worried now.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Niwrad posted:

I feel like this guy played at Wichita State for 8 years.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/746197447827808256
The rhyming man's Thon Maker

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

Roberson will still be starting

maybe at power forward. It's either him or, uh, Ersan Ilyasova I guess. Presti just opened the presser by implying that Roberson and Adams development made him feel comfortable losing Serge.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

xbilkis posted:

Is this really the team that needs an all-defense no-offense point???

if there's one thing I've learned about Daryl Morey it's that he doesn't give a flying gently caress about team needs

But anyway having someone at backup PG who isn't 38 years old is probably good

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Terry Glenn posted:

maybe at power forward. It's either him or, uh, Ersan Ilyasova I guess.

Sabonis is a pretty good player. They'll be fine.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
So can this 7 foot Euro the Raps drafed play PF like Zingus?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

The rhyming man's Thon Maker

More like the White David "Sweetwater" Lighty.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

maybe at power forward. It's either him or, uh, Ersan Ilyasova I guess. Presti just opened the presser by implying that Roberson and Adams development made him feel comfortable losing Serge.

That would be interesting

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

tanglewood1420 posted:

34% is bad 3pt shooting?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
we had a thing at my house I assume I didn't miss anything much

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is important

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/746209043476156417

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Away all Goats posted:

34% is bad 3pt shooting?

Yes

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
HUGE trades going down, I can't believe Marco Belinelli was moved

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

34% is bad 3pt shooting?

Nowadays it is for anyone who shoots the three regularly.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tanglewood1420 posted:

It'll work like this: they now have the best 1-3 in the entire league hands down. That lineup is loving disgusting. I am extremely angry that this is not the new york knicks. what the gently caress the thunder traded ibaka and got better

Very fun horror movie. I like it and I like Cabin in the Woods.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets also signing Isaiah Taylor. Morey handing out those small partial guarantees like candy tonight

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nick and Ersan gonna get all the charges :getin:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Seriously though, Russ might punch Ilyasova right in the balls if he's trying to take charges in the playoffs.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Metapod posted:

Nick and Ersan gonna get all the charges :getin:

I'm sure Adams can hook him up with a seller of good quality cups.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can ersan play with shunned national team gulenist kanter

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

can ersan play with shunned national team gulenist kanter

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

edit: better question is how much it matters considering Ersan isn't Turkish.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Ersan is the most disappointing and streaky player you'll ever see don't get your hopes up for that dude. Although who knows maybe having no offensive responsibilities except draining wide open shots on passes from the best 1-3 in the league will make him look better.

Thunder are going to be crazy to watch next year. Westbrook Oladipo Durant who cares Adams ahh that looks like a really incredible team this sucks I hope their next owner kills themselves too and the thunder only win two championships

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay I'm prepared someone tell me how oladipo plays

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oladipo's development seems like it's kinda stalled out and I don't get how anything OKC got in that trade is supposed to help their title chances more than Ibaka.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I don't believe the stalled out nonsense I think Scott Skiles made everyone on that team look much worse than they are, like he does with everyone.

Metapod posted:

Kid's set to be an all-star. He's what Dion Waiters thinks he is. He moves like a panther. I thought you watched OKC games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Y3zCSSK3M

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGAbYMjlJ1U

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

Oladipo's development seems like it's kinda stalled out and I don't get how anything OKC got in that trade is supposed to help their title chances more than Ibaka.

I questioned presti once and it ended up with Adams so :shrug:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Oh right he's also the best singer in the league and a fun personality who's great in front of the camera. Your team is OP unfair cheating wallhack bullshit dude

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm more asking is he a guy who has to have the ball in his hands to do well? Is he good at off ball movement? Is he a good catch and shooter? Is he good passer/decision maker?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MourningView posted:

Ibaka wasn't really good last year and hasn't looked good since his knee problem started. He'll be in the final year of his deal and with the cap would command a ton of money.

I think Oladipo could be really good being the 3rd option on a team with two top-5 players. Sabonis seems like a high energy big in the mold of Noah. Ilyasova can just stand in the corner and shoot wide open 3's all season. I think the Thunder are much deeper now.

Seems like the best time to sell high on Ibaka. Basically got 2 lottery talents and a stretch-4 who can make a rotation for a player who seems to be losing his athleticism.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He's smart as gently caress, he has remarkable reflexes and he can play with or without the ball. He's a very sharp defender. He's a monster two way player who can do whatever you need him to do and he didn't get shown off on a trash team coached by an anti-fun hell-man. I don't know how many ways to say I think the Thunder look really good after this trade.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

He's smart as gently caress, he has remarkable reflexes and he can play with or without the ball. He's a very sharp defender. He's a monster two way player who can do whatever you need him to do and he didn't get shown off on a trash team coached by an anti-fun hell-man. I don't know how many ways to say I think the Thunder look really good after this trade.

Thank you Evan this is really good news to hear. On a related note I've been watching sabonis mixtapes and let me just say he's a lock for first team all rookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I mean Ibaka was the best player in the trade, but you got a ton of good depth and players that will probably make you a better team.

• Locked thread