Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So I was thinking about starting an earthquake dude as a second character, and am hoping I can convince my friend with the shavronne-required build to start a new guy with me. There looks to be a lot of earthquake builds out there, as it is seems to be a popular thing. I would like one that is capable of cleanly doing uber labyrinth. I can probably scrape together 100 chaos or so worth of currency to start the gearing with, if that helps. More if I liquidate what is on my whispering ice scion. I like her, but the ground effect visual spam does get tiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

something no one ever thought they would hear, "copy jeb"

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

I vaaled a 5l rrrrg Belly of the Beast and got +gems how much do you think it's worth?

Quite a bit, though +1 gems 5L are in a wierd spot where the 6th link is for most skills using one is usually an empower to get beefed up by the +1 on the chest, so it's like valuable and also not so valuable if that makes sense.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Filthy Monkey posted:

So I was thinking about starting an earthquake dude as a second character, and am hoping I can convince my friend with the shavronne-required build to start a new guy with me. There looks to be a lot of earthquake builds out there, as it is seems to be a popular thing. I would like one that is capable of cleanly doing uber labyrinth. I can probably scrape together 100 chaos or so worth of currency to start the gearing with, if that helps. More if I liquidate what is on my whispering ice scion. I like her, but the ground effect visual spam does get tiring.

Awesome! posted:

something no one ever thought they would hear, "copy jeb"

"Jeb" being "soscannonballs" in this thread.

Warning, lovely music ahead:

soscannonballs posted:

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
If i link bloodlust support to lets say earthquake, will the voidheart ring still apply bleed, or does bloodlust override that?

It says supported skills cant inflict bleed, but the wording doesnt makle it clear if something that applies bleed outside the skill can.
Or does the ring "infuse" the skill with bleed, therefor not applying bleed due to bloodlust?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If i link bloodlust support to lets say earthquake, will the voidheart ring still apply bleed, or does bloodlust override that?

It says supported skills cant inflict bleed, but the wording doesnt makle it clear if something that applies bleed outside the skill can.
Or does the ring "infuse" the skill with bleed, therefor not applying bleed due to bloodlust?

You would proc bleed with Leap Slam before you hit them with Earthquake. Bloodlust would kill any bleed chance on Earthquake, even with Voidheart.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

This is the build I followed and it absolutely shits on the Lab as well as high tier maps. Costs maybe 10c to get going (you dont even remotely need voidheart though it is nice).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1683083

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i

Awesome! posted:

running blast rain-coc-bf-gc and i just got a 5l with the 2nd blue. the guide recommends increased crit multi there but i tried arc instead and i think i like it better. does the crit scale a lot better as the 5th link with levels and quality? i think both my crit gem and arc are only like lvl 12 or something

I recommend increased critical strikes if you're not capped already

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Bloodlust makes it so that the linked skill cannot in any way cause bleed, whether through a weapon, skill, passive, ascendancy etc. Other skills not linked to bloodlust are unaffected

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

nightwisher posted:

Bloodlust makes it so that the linked skill cannot in any way cause bleed, whether through a weapon, skill, passive, ascendancy etc. Other skills not linked to bloodlust are unaffected

So as long as bloodlust is in the gem setup, that setup cant produce bleed regarless of any circumstances?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So as long as bloodlust is in the gem setup, that setup cant produce bleed regarless of any circumstances?

Yeah, from what I understand about PoE's mechanic naming convention anything that states "cannot ___" takes precedence over all other effects including "always/x% chance to ___", regardless of it's source. The way it's worded with voidheart for example: Melee skills have 100% chance to bleed on hit - so your hits with melee have 100% chance to bleed, you hit and they go to inflict bleed and your support linked Bloodlust overrides it to 0% before the effect can occur. But you can inflict bleed with any other melee skill because bloodlust only prhibits bleed with the linked skill only.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
And that's why nobody uses bloodlust ever.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Vasudus posted:

Is there a way to inflict bleed with some type of curse/warcry? I could see someone using it if they could easily proc bleed on a whole group at once.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Maddot_66 posted:

Is there a way to inflict bleed with some type of curse/warcry? I could see someone using it if they could easily proc bleed on a whole group at once.

Leap slam or an ancestor totem with voidheart is about as close as you're gonna get.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Some of the gloves enchants that use your weapon will inflict bleed/poison if you have Voidheart equipped.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the counterattack triggers would proc bleed, too

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I had a grand idea to use a Tora signature bow (all hits cause bleeding) with split, chain, curse on hit and a curse. For a summoner. The idea was I would spray everything with arrows, and my summons with bloodlust socketed would murder death kill everything.

It was a bad idea.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That sounds like an idea I'd come up with...thanks for saving me the trouble then.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Why is the exalt:chaos ratio 1:16 on hardcore but 1:70 on softcore? That doesn't seem to make any sense.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
How fun is Facebreaker Shield Charge, is dealing with bosses annoying? Found a perfectly rolled one and might as well use it since I've never done a Facebreaker build before.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Xequecal posted:

Why is the exalt:chaos ratio 1:16 on hardcore but 1:70 on softcore? That doesn't seem to make any sense.

according to angryaa, the fundamental reason is that exalts aren't very useful. right now, chaos orbs are extremely valuable for things like rolling red maps, or zana map mods, or rolling chests and shields. this is fine (chaos orbs are fun!). the exalt:chaos ratio is stable at ~1:66 on standard (due to sheer age and volume), and prophecy softcore tends to stabilise at higher rates, because softcore players often play into standard. on the other hand, hardcore players give no fucks about standard, so the 1:16 is a reflection of the utility of the two orbs, with no regard for the future value of exalts in 3 months time

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Arzachel posted:

How fun is Facebreaker Shield Charge, is dealing with bosses annoying? Found a perfectly rolled one and might as well use it since I've never done a Facebreaker build before.

It's a lot less annoying once you get Warchief Totem set up. I find it to be like a more annoying version of flicker strike to be honest, but it's still pretty fun. It's just also annoying expensive right now.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Arzachel posted:

Insanely fun I think in that once you get enough attack speed and damage you just fly around maps almost faster than you can control your character. Single target is fine with the totem, main problem is that you definitely need an abyssus and due to that its not really tanky for a melee build.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
yeah, abyssus seems to have gone up a tier in rarity. alternatively, they've just stabilised at a high price ever since people realised how crazy they can get

it's funny how these are expensive while bringers are dirt cheap now

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Bringer was my first big money drop, back when they went for 8-10ex lol

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Only upside is that you don't care about the crit multi mod but it's still 1ex for a 40-41% abyssus.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have all the gear for a bitching facebreaker shield charger and an 82 jugg that needs about 40 regrets. The idea is really tempting.

It's a shame that rigwald's curse is still like 4ex and that there are no claw nodes on the left side, because a critbreaker shield charger jugg would be fantastic.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Jesus Christ, I've just run into a brick-wall of difficulty. I've been swimming along fine, killing poo poo with ease and even killing some miniboss in the Labyrinth who seemed to have 20 times the HP and 3 times the damage of regular unique monsters without too much trouble.

But this random Triskeriaki unique guy is absolutely pushing my poo poo in. I'm dead in .5 seconds every time.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Insurrectionist posted:

Jesus Christ, I've just run into a brick-wall of difficulty. I've been swimming along fine, killing poo poo with ease and even killing some miniboss in the Labyrinth who seemed to have 20 times the HP and 3 times the damage of regular unique monsters without too much trouble.

But this random Triskeriaki unique guy is absolutely pushing my poo poo in. I'm dead in .5 seconds every time.

Yeah he'll do that. Pretty much any build that encounters him at a relative level with a few exceptions will get melted. Just run past him, that's what I do even on builds that can fight him at the time.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I googled him and apparently he's 'easy' if you just run around him and attack for the 4 - 5 seconds while his arm-things are down...so I tried a couple times and when those spawns of satan finally retracted, with me at 1/3rd health, I stop to cast a spell and they're back up and killing me before it's finished casting. 4 - 5 seconds my rear end! Yeah I'm gonna skip this guy.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm a bit confused on how corrupted gems work. A guide says I need a level 20 Vaal Haste gem. If I buy a level 1 Vaal Haste gem, will I be able to get it to level 21/20? Or Is that only available when you get it to 20 and then Vaal it?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

First of all, noone ever needs a lvl20 vaal haste gem, so the guide is written by an idiot. If you buy a corrupted gem you can still level it up, but you cant modify its quality. So if you for some reason (aurabot, summoner) require a q20 vaal haste gem, you need to buy it q20.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zotix posted:

I'm a bit confused on how corrupted gems work. A guide says I need a level 20 Vaal Haste gem. If I buy a level 1 Vaal Haste gem, will I be able to get it to level 21/20? Or Is that only available when you get it to 20 and then Vaal it?

No you can not level a corrupted gem to 21.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

To clarify the above:

Corrupting a gem will either turn it into the Vaal version (if applicable), raise/lower the level by 1 (up to 21), add/subtract up to 10% quality (up to 23%) or do gently caress all. If you were to take a 20/20% version of a skill and apply a Vaal orb to it, you can have one of:

*20/20% Vaal skill
*21/20% skill
*20/23% skill
*20/20% skill

Oh, and the one you want will be the one you never get, because that's how RNGesus works.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 24, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Corrupting a gem can increase it past max quality or level, and for applicable skills can turn them into their vaal versions. Corrupted gems can be leveled normally up to 20, but the only way to get a level 21 gem or with more than 20% quality is a good vaal result.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

whypick1 posted:

To clarify the above:

Corrupting a gem will either turn it into the Vaal version (if applicable), raise/lower the level by 1 (up to 21), add/subtract up to 10% quality (up to 23%) or do gently caress all. If you were to take a 20/20% version of a skill and apply a Vaal orb to it, you can have one of:

*20/20% Vaal skill
*21/20% skill
*20/23% skill
*20/20% skill

Oh, and the one you want will be the one you never get, because that's how RNGesus works.

Right; and once corrupted, it cannot be corrupted again, so you can't get a Vaal skill to 21, ever :)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

um? 5L chest with totem that has bloodlust slotted, big fat damage mod

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thanks guys.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Okay, so I beat my first Labyrinth (and finally got not one but two Uniques on the way, hurrah). Should I save the enchant for some higher-level item or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Insurrectionist posted:

Okay, so I beat my first Labyrinth (and finally got not one but two Uniques on the way, hurrah). Should I save the enchant for some higher-level item or whatever?

No. What? You get one each time you complete the labyrinth, and you can't take it out of the labyrinth. If you leave without using it, you just lose it.

• Locked thread