Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Had a pathetic prelift poop tonight, surely a bad omen...

Go downstairs to set up in my favorite squat rack, an enormous old one that looks like a DIY build, and some douche had broken a safety rail :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

SpeedyCow posted:

I went to a restaurant Sunday morning and a sign on the door said "Pull Door Hard" so I did. It was easy AF to open

im glad of it

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Zzulu posted:

lift until ur dead

deadlifts

My family owns a funeral home. They deadlift every day. I used to spend vacations doing nothing but deadlifts and water skiing.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Every day it's harder to get out of bed, every day the doms get worse

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nostratic posted:

My family owns a funeral home. They deadlift every day. I used to spend vacations doing nothing but deadlifts and water skiing.

It's probably really fun to be a swole pallbearer and land some sick coffin drops into an open grave.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm usually the only pallbearer swole enough to carry my end one-armed. The rest of those scrubs are grunting and sweating with both arms :smug:

They bring shame to their dead family members.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My shoulder/neck is a piece of poo poo, but I'm addicted to jiu jitsu so gently caress it. I'll just get stem cells at some point.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Nostratic posted:

I'm usually the only pallbearer swole enough to carry my end one-armed. The rest of those scrubs are grunting and sweating with both arms :smug:

They bring shame to their dead family members.

Clean and Jerk the coffin in front of everyone. They'll all be really impressed. Just don't let the salami slices slide out of your pocket.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SpeedyCow posted:

I went to a restaurant Sunday morning and a sign on the door said "Pull Door Hard" so I did. It was easy AF to open

People who don't exercise are basically disabled.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was in the gym this morning pushing hard as usual and an old man came up to me and said, "I hope I'm not here when your heart explodes." I wasn't sure whether to say thanks, or suggest he GF himself.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I think he was trying to say that he doesn't like you but he'd still call 911 to save your life, classic passive aggressive rear end in a top hat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tell him that the only thing you lust after more than death is gains.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

GORDON posted:

Was in the gym this morning pushing hard as usual and an old man came up to me and said, "I hope I'm not here when your heart explodes." I wasn't sure whether to say thanks, or suggest he GF himself.

An old guy tried to tell me it was pointless to lift over 315 lbs right after I banged out a set of 425 deadlifts and I just mean mugged at him. (I was actually just out of breath). He then took back his comment and laughed nervously and patted me on the back like a grandpa :3:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Many people have espoused the joys of good cold shower-beer, but I have finally learned the greatness of an ice cold shower-protein-shake. After a hard gym session and biking home in 85 degree weather on a humid day.

I came.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Garrand posted:

Many people have espoused the joys of good cold shower-beer, but I have finally learned the greatness of an ice cold shower-protein-shake. After a hard gym session and biking home in 85 degree weather on a humid day.

I came.

I hope it was in the shake so you didn't lose your gains.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Bakalakadaka posted:

I hope it was in the shake so you didn't lose your gains.

I just kept adding more protein powder and continued the cycle until I was done with the shower.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

GORDON posted:

I got to the gym one day half an hour after a guy died on one of the oly platforms

The mood was really dour and it was hard to get much work done, so I understand his concern.

RIP Phil

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

from the powders thread: myprotein having a huge sale on protein powder and such. http://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10852500.html

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I get all of my carbs from beer.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Still going to the gym every day, been a great improvement for me. I've been breaking down my workouts to days of chest, back, shoulders/bis/tris, and legs/abs. Looking over this I also read into routines that are push and pull, just two separate days that go back and forth. Anybody have experience with this? I'm definitely not getting tired of my workouts and would be up for a bit of a challenge.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lol if you have to bring a notebook with you to the gym because you're too stupid to remember how much you can lift

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol if you have to bring a notebook with you to the gym because you're too stupid to remember how much you can lift

my numbers are pretty large

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

jk i post everything i do on instagram lol #fitness

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Yah your weight maybe lmao

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

#sorrynotsorry
#strongistgenewskinny
#proteinshakes
#yogapants

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

#meinthebutt

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
In English we say " my the butt "

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i like to pretend tiny lowtax is actually the old lady in his avatar writing out all these snarky posts

still lifts more than me too probably

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It keeps happening...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/disgraced-u-n-leader-john-ashe-died-weightlifting-accident-article-1.2685625

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
They used a pic of a dumbell for the barbell...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Always have a spot and never clip your bp bar

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Dude was assassinated imo

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Three defendants have pleaded guilty. Ashe was charged with tax fraud, but prosecutors had said at a hearing last month that they were weighing additional charges.

but prosecutors had said at a hearing last month that they were weighing additional charges.

weighing additional charges.

loving jokesters at the NY Daily News

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fallows posted:

Dude was assassinated imo

also this

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You could be as jacked as an Olympic gymnast, but you would also have to be as short as an Olympic gymnast. Would you do it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that would mean i would post in YLLS so, lol, no

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

You could be as jacked as an Olympic gymnast, but you would also have to be as short as an Olympic gymnast. Would you do it?

taller and stronger? lmao obvious answer

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Studies have shown that people who start the day with a protein-rich breakfast consume 200 fewer calories per day. Part of this reason is because the amino acids help dull hunger, leaving you feeling fuller for longer! Shakeology has a whopping 15 grams of protein so drinkShakeology in the AM if you're looking to lose weight!

:eyepop: 15 grams!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
or just eat salami

also i had a carne asada burrito last night that also had a fried egg and bacon in it so im feelin a good week coming on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
also can someone tell me why the gently caress my abs are sore? the only 2 things I did that I'm not used to yesterday were reverse grip lat pulldown(using the Omar tip where you scoot forward with a little arc in your back to pull it straight down) and also cable crossovers after I did bench. I feel soreness in the spots I'd expect, but right in my abs too.

is this a salami issue?

• Locked thread