Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Can someone give me a compelling reason why, if they hated the daily SP thing? I'm at 200m SP and I still rather liked the free SP, and it was super nice on my low SP alts, but a lot of people met the design choice with vitrol.

I know :ccp: is removing it next patch, but just wanted opinions. Also they're intensifying carrier micro, which is annoying, as they already require more micro to fly well than anything else in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Kimsemus posted:

Can someone give me a compelling reason why, if they hated the daily SP thing? I'm at 200m SP and I still rather liked the free SP, and it was super nice on my low SP alts, but a lot of people met the design choice with vitrol.

I know :ccp: is removing it next patch, but just wanted opinions. Also they're intensifying carrier micro, which is annoying, as they already require more micro to fly well than anything else in game.

I liked dailies and the SP.

also, I have some feedback about the discord auth instructions, they're totally not idiot proof. It doesn't say to hit enter til step 2, so I ended up typing !authme Elsa Praise Lowtax and then hitting Enter. My gut instinct told me no, it must mean hit Enter at step 1 also, but instructions are instructions :shrug:

edit:

quote:

Step 1: Type !authme SA-Username-Here to begin. Replace 'SA-Username-Here' with your actual SA username; spaces are fine too. Ex: !authme LeetLikeJeffK or !authme DickWad Johnson

Step 2: Type: Praise Lowtax and hit enter.
If you did everything in Step 1 correctly, you will be authed, and @Kimsemus#8534 will embrace you as a Goon.

If you have any questions contact the server admins or a moderator.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 24, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm pretty neutral on the whole dailies thing, but I can't think of a game that managed to make dailies less interesting than CCP.

VV- RIP CREST.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 24, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

bye foxfour

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=485751

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I hope he enjoys his pay raise at McDonalds

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

dialhforhero posted:

The only places you should ever worry about steak going to give you any food poisoning is if you go to like, a Ponderosa or Texas Road House or something like that. If you're the kind of person who goes to these restaurants anyway you're probably someone who unironically will go to Applebees for any reason and that's problem enough.

The only way you can get sick from eating raw steak is if it's handled incorrectly or the cow itself was sick (there's tons of safeguards before beef ever gets to the chopping block if the latter is true). Chances are if you get sick eating steak at home it's because you probably took a poo poo, didn't wash your hands, then dropped it on the floor and didn't even bother to cook it for any amount of time at all on a hot grill. If you get sick at a restaurant it's because you need to choose higher quality restaurants.

Oh I'm not worried about food poisoning. I just don't care for the taste, texture and look of undercooked red meat. I liked it cooked all the way through, crispy on the outside and well marinated all the way through. Then served with sauces.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
We get it, you like it served with as many bad decisions as possible. Preferably in a boiled zip lock bag. Please stop detailing your sins against meat

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Zephyrine posted:

Oh I'm not worried about food poisoning. I just don't care for the taste, texture and look of undercooked red meat. I liked it cooked all the way through, crispy on the outside and well marinated all the way through. Then served with sauces.

what kind of sauces?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Chup n 1 is my bet

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ok stop paying attention to screamingllama now guys, its been fun for awhile but its got to stop

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

what kind of sauces?

Smoky hickory.
Sriracha sauce

I once made a garlic/blue cheese sauce that was awesome. Before I put it in the oven. I made cuts in the steak and then stuffed it with blue cheese :yum:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So you don't actually enjoy meat, you like sauces and use the meat as a sauce delivery device to your face.

Why not just eat McNuggets jfc

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ok stop paying attention to screamingllama now guys, its been fun for awhile but its got to stop

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Kimsemus posted:

probably because it didn't actually encourage more logging in, and was just a bonus for those who did? IMO even then it's a good thing, because injectors should be cheaper

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I would have liked if there were dailies for non-killing. Like, 10k SP per day if I start a new job for my industry alt, or for scanning down and running a relic site. They even promised this, so I'm kind of confused about why they're rolling back their half-assed thing before they even properly implemented it.

Man, by now I should be accustomed to CCP vomiting out half-measures, then limply staggering back. It's like I never learn

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ChickenWing posted:

what kind of sauces?

PRobably nothing from this

https://www.amazon.com/Sauces-Classical-Contemporary-Sauce-Making/dp/0470194960

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Deadtear don't read this!

Angelique I think you'd like beef jerky?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i like to put horseradish mustard on my medium rare steak. sometimes i serve it with a side of spicy ranch and its delish

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

yall nerds keep slurpin sunny d

It will never not be amusing to watch goons tripping over one another to bite on even the most incompetent trolls.

Break out the pitchforks and savor the meat heretic. Burned to a crisp. Served with sauce. Sentence fragments. :byodame:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
That's cool. That's also not Sriracha or sweet baby rays

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I think they rolled back the daily SP thing because it actively hurts the sale of extractors / injectors. You could get nearly 2 injectors a month from just doing dailies, which is enough to plex an account. Combine that with low results on logging in and what's the point?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

silentsnack posted:

It will never not be amusing to watch goons tripping over one another to bite on even the most incompetent trolls.

Break out the pitchforks and savor the meat heretic. Burned to a crisp. Served with sauce. Sentence fragments. :byodame:

i dont think she's trolling, she just really wants attention

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

sunny d is loving gross

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

It'd overlap a bit with Hendrick's shtick for the o7 show, but I prefer reading a weekly rag to watching the monthly rag, if you get my meaning.

vulvamancer posted:

I think Talladar's sov report is just better. Period. End of story.

The reason it's done monthly is because not every week has much to talk about. Monthly videos at least allow time for poo poo to happen.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

vyst posted:

sunny d is loving gross

it is made with rejected oranges

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Elsa posted:

it is made with rejected oranges

so you're the sunny d of posting?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

so you're the sunny d of posting?

I just this second unsubbed from our recruitment thread because you're all so bad at thread stewardship so stop kidding yourself

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you dont want me to actually claim ownership of the threads rather than just badposting!!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Lets face is. Ullerrm and I are is the only goodposter in the EVE threads.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I think they rolled back the daily SP thing because it actively hurts the sale of extractors / injectors. You could get nearly 2 injectors a month from just doing dailies, which is enough to plex an account. Combine that with low results on logging in and what's the point?

that's a good thing, over 30 days you could get 300k sp, (unless you time your logins perfectly, which will give you an extra 30k), so really not that bad

eve is already f2p if you just don't want to get any new skills; you can extractor enough SP per month to pay for a plex

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

goattrails posted:

Perhaps it would help if he would follow simple instructions and apply ingame to start the auth process.
No one is looking at your account until you have applied to Goonwaffe, VideoGames.

Good lord I am so sorry I thought I had done that part.
Gah, I was too excited to be reading things that I forgot about the game!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

you dont want me to actually claim ownership of the threads rather than just badposting!!

I do, actually. In a case like an exclusive goon group thread someone should get moderation rights. Our video game empire's infrastructure is monumental but our thread behavior... well that's monumentally something else.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Elsa posted:

I do, actually. In a case like an exclusive goon group thread someone should get moderation rights. Our video game empire's infrastructure is monumental but our thread behavior... well that's monumentally something else.

:shrek:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I think I deserve some credit for keeping this out of the recruitment thread unlike some of you.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i told angelique to gently caress off!!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's technically correct but it's still going full squirrel

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Why do you so suddently care?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Elsa posted:

It's technically correct but it's still going full squirrel

she didnt do anything actually reportable so what other options are there

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

I have tried. It's not my thing. I dislike the texture and the pink look makes it look raw which makes me uncomfortable eating it. I prefer meat very well done with plenty of spices, sauces and other condiments.

You wouldn't want to do it with meat that has been shipped to a store, but you can eat a lot of meat raw with no problems. Hell, it's very common to eat ground beef raw on farms as a quick, easy, and cheap snack while working on a cattle ranch.

Edit:

Whoops, should have refreshed the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Okay new topic. Coffee chat.

I take my coffee very seriously. Grind my own beans and all that. Sometimes I add cinnamon. My old jar of cinnamon ran out so I bought a new one. But the new cinnamon doesn't work well in my coffee press. The cinnamon when heated turns into tar and clogs the filter. And when I pour it out it makes the sink look like an oil spill.

The problem is obviously that the new cinnamon is too finely ground and so it melts into goo instead of just lingering and letting the water absorb the taste.

I went to a spice shop and asked if they had rough grind cinnamon and the girl looked at me like I had sprouted horns or something.

So I'm considering buying cinnamon sticks and running them in my bean grinder to get the proper size.

Does anyone here have experience with this? Will the cinnamon stick pulverize my bean grinder or would it work?

• Locked thread