Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

it's more so people don't stockpile gifts in their inventory for cheap, and dole them out to themselves when their cheating account gets banned.

Probably, i think the leveling is what slows smurfs getting into it more. Anyway I'm happy valve did it. The game isn't super expensive anyway if you genuinely want to give someone a copy after the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

welp I'm wrong! I thought you could do multiple accounts but if you hacked it flagged all of them.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Nope, valve is actually doing good things beyond addressing a single instance that people keep complaining about while ignoring all the other problems! It surprised me too.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Famethrowa posted:

it's more so people don't stockpile gifts in their inventory for cheap, and dole them out to themselves when their cheating account gets banned.

If there's people who are willing to drop tons of CSGO copies just to gift themselves later on, I don't think one more $12 copy is going to stop them from buying it on a newly created account.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

There's been plenty of people in the thread in the past talking about stockpiling csgo copies for themselves during sales. Usually paid for the proceeds from box drops. It being twice as expensive is something of a disincentive. It happened more when you didn't have to level in fairness.

A silver account seems to cost 20 euros if you go to a third party site. Probably gets banned quickly if they powered through casual with a spinbot to gain levels. So there's a demand for it anyway.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 24, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A TURGID FATSO posted:

If there's people who are willing to drop tons of CSGO copies just to gift themselves later on, I don't think one more $12 copy is going to stop them from buying it on a newly created account.

Or, alternatively, they stockpile them to sell to sites like G2A

Either way, it's a good move that shouldn't hurt legit players too much.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
If anyone remembers Handi the disabled GO streamer/player he just got VACd lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

MF_James posted:

welp I'm wrong! I thought you could do multiple accounts but if you hacked it flagged all of them.

actually, i have both my main and alt in prime with the same phone number which surprised me after the initial facepalm where i went "gently caress, now i wont be able to reassign my phone for 6 months on my main"

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mcvey posted:

"Handi has been handed a VAC ban"

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ArfJason posted:

actually, i have both my main and alt in prime with the same phone number which surprised me after the initial facepalm where i went "gently caress, now i wont be able to reassign my phone for 6 months on my main"

Maybe this was changed at some point, or the steam info is incorrect? I could almost swear that you were allowed to put as many accounts on 1 phone number as you want, but if you get banned on one, they all get banned.

Your experience is what I had assumed (and thought I read) of prime.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mcvey posted:

lmao thats what he gets for stealing my spotlight

fund my patreon

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

ArfJason posted:

Can I upgrade more than one account with the same phone number?
No, you may only upgrade one CS:GO account to Prime status with your qualifying phone number at any given time.
I accidentally upgraded the wrong account!
Can I upgrade a different account instead?
Yes, after upgrading a CS:GO account to Prime Matchmaking players have three days (72 hours) to upgrade a different CS:GO account using the same phone number. This will remove Prime Account Matchmaking from the original account the phone number was associated with.
After three days, players must wait six months before using the same phone number to upgrade a different CS:GO account to Prime Matchmaking.

What am I missing?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/faceittv/MotionlessChickenFreakinStinkin

where are the hacks when you need them

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Garfu posted:

What am I missing?

Apparently "valve implementing what they said they implemented". :(

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

What the gently caress was that

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he was probably full blind

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Garfu posted:

Can I upgrade more than one account with the same phone number?
No, you may only upgrade one CS:GO account to Prime status with your qualifying phone number at any given time.
I accidentally upgraded the wrong account!
Can I upgrade a different account instead?
Yes, after upgrading a CS:GO account to Prime Matchmaking players have three days (72 hours) to upgrade a different CS:GO account using the same phone number. This will remove Prime Account Matchmaking from the original account the phone number was associated with.
After three days, players must wait six months before using the same phone number to upgrade a different CS:GO account to Prime Matchmaking.

What am I missing?

a couple million brain cells bahahaha

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just messing, yeah i googled immediately after enabling the second account. Main was given prime the very second it appeared, and alt was given prime a week ago. Both of them still have prime enabled and it works properly. God only knows what's up

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

I'm assuming it's a spectator bug that didn't show him fully blind, as were the casters.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4po6qn/dont_play_csgo_right_now/

Apparently vac is banning people who aren't hacking today. Stay safe brother akumos

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

exethan posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4po6qn/dont_play_csgo_right_now/

Apparently vac is banning people who aren't hacking today. Stay safe brother akumos

Interesting that a tool that changes the resolution of the windows timer is getting people nuked. If I'm reading this right, that is.

Just tap into your Quake senses and time those bomb plants like the powerups you used to way back in the day

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't necessarily believe it but I'd also rather not get a false positive ban if it ends up being true. Pretty sure I don't have any windows timer resolution bullshit on my computer

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

I love that the EU teams keep letting TSM have cobblestone.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

What is this, 1998? Don't install random closed-source apps made by some dude that mess with how windows does stuff.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

surc posted:

What is this, 1998? Don't install random closed-source apps made by some dude that mess with how windows does stuff.

Lol yeah, the first thing I thought when I saw what this thing "does" was: have fun installing a rootkit on your poo poo.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
True, just thought I would post to get the word out. Besides I have a subscription based root kit and it's called esea

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
what a cool and good way to end my win streak!!

Server was completely hosed, and it wasn't just like playing with 200 ping (which is pretty much what I do when I play with US goons anyway), but rubberbanding so bad only some of us could even make it out of spawn

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

anyone down for helping me (https://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa/) knock out a few Gemini missions?

shoot me a message on steam

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I gotchu babe :love:

E: Had to head out for a bit after doing 1, somebody else tag in and help this man!

surc fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 25, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

I gotchu babe :love:

E: Had to head out for a bit after doing 1, somebody else tag in and help this man!

oh! it was you! thanks for the help brothaman :love:

do need 1 more. hit me up!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

what a cool and good way to end my win streak!!

Server was completely hosed, and it wasn't just like playing with 200 ping (which is pretty much what I do when I play with US goons anyway), but rubberbanding so bad only some of us could even make it out of spawn

poo poo like that happened to some others recently. we thought it was the opposition ddosing the server to get a win/draw because they were ctside. It was highly dubious cause we were obviously going to win without it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cologne stickers are out, and they look pretty cool

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
oh so SK wound up poaching lg after all? rip na

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Unashamed bandwagon jumper reporting in

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

oh so SK wound up poaching lg after all? rip na
Yeah. I think it was reported yesterday that all the chaos with the contracts had been settled and LG would be playing under SK starting July 1st.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

lets loving go boys.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Simple's sticker is 4 dollars right now :captainpop:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
glad i bought my 3 LG foils before the switch, they definitely spiked a few bucks

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I can't imagine what it's like to be WorldEdit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I'd have a lot of fantasy points right now from flamie.