Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Bagarthach posted:

Gaz, leave this in! Keep the screen constantly filled with Ultrons! Then when you hit his movement power, you take control of the one that's closest to your mouse pointer. Call it transference instead of teleport.

They'll have to take the bones out though our nobody will want Ultrons in their X-Def.

e: loving perfect Ajax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you want to be a real man and think outside yourself, I recommend buying one as a gift and saving it for newbies in the future.

Seriously, that's incredibly helpful for the future goons who will play and makes a great gift that only cost you just slightly more than a loving Burger King 10 piece nugget.

So you're telling me that's one less Burger King 10-piece nuggets for me? Gonna have to pass.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

that's not even my boat wife

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pops have better designs than the Squirrel Girl comic.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aphrodite posted:

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

True, also the wife collects them so I get brownie points for adding to the hoard. Bonus for me if they are characters I actually like.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

they forgot to give ultron's summons a bandwidth cost this patch

Looks like the CICP i was in last night with hebrew on my doom along with 5 other dooms.

Found my new waifu and main character to play. gently caress everyone else :swoon:

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 24, 2016

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

But why gently caress everyone else when it is clear you want to gently caress her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The forums reaction to that going on PTS was surprisingly subdued. They mostly discussed the color and material and there wasn't even a single badly Painted over with red lines post.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Looks like the CICP i was in last night with hebrew on my doom along with 5 other dooms.

Found my new waifu and main character to play. gently caress everyone else :swoon:

I love Emma Frost. We all do. Long live the White Queen and Frostitutes.

But somehow I feel like the new VU of Emma has smaller chest and that's just not ok.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Why does she has a good girl face??? I'm expecting her to have resting Language! face vibe, like everything around her is annoying or like she's judging everyone by just looking.

Anyhow, excellent job as always, the dink.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

But somehow I feel like the new VU of Emma has smaller chest and that's just not ok.

Her hips are narrower too, but I don't think anyone will notice because they've finally nailed the hotel bar hooker face that all the frostitutes have secretly(?) been waiting for. The fantasy is complete.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gurls, hashtag, mariah carey gif

Hope they got the hair just right or they're gonna get some in-character sassy threats sweetie.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I like the page 1 hair and face better than what's been showing u-p on later pages and in the official preview image. The hair in the later versions looks kind of out of control, like a mane, whereas the earlier version was much more in control, which is Emma's thing. Those big symmetrical curls at the front looked silly and too retro. UNACCEPTABLE

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you want to be a real man and think outside yourself, I recommend buying one as a gift and saving it for newbies in the future.

Seriously, that's incredibly helpful for the future goons who will play and makes a great gift that only cost you just slightly more than a loving Burger King 10 piece nugget.

LMAO at someone buying a gift for another person. They'd rather eat the burg

EDIT - Is this patch adding in all the new travel powers? And will it really reset all of my abilities?

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 24, 2016

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

quote:

3-Year Anniversary Continues

The final week of our 3-Year Anniversary Event has arrived, and alongside all the cake slices and event activities this week we have one last gift for you to unwrap!

Lucky, Hawkeye’s pizza dog pal will be granted to players who log in during the last week of the anniversary event to thank everyone for playing! For those who may be interested in bringing multiple versions of Lucky with you on your adventures, he is also available for 100 cake slices on the special events vendor as a repeat purchase.

As with the previous weeks of our 3-Year Anniversary this month, we also have the following event bonuses that will be active for the entire week:

A.R.M.O.R. Incursion

Cosmic Chaos
Operation Omega
200% Server-side XP bonus
Odin's Bounty - Active everywhere all week!

Danger Room Tournament - Simulation #77

A new Danger Room Tournament will also begin this week starting Friday, June 24th at 12:00 Pacific - Simulation #77!

The Danger Room was designed to prepare the X-Men against a variety of possible scenarios that they might have to face. This simulation’s objective is straightforward, but hardly simple - should Cable ever become the enemy, you must find a way to be able to stop him. As you can tell by the number… this has proven to be no small task.

This Danger Room Tournament Scenario is a solo, one-on-one encounter against a hostile simulation of Cable using the fullest extent of his psionic powers and advanced armory!

Both Epic and Cosmic versions of the Tournament Scenario will be available, with separate Leaderboards for each. At the end of the week, rewards will be granted to those that participated and have recorded at least one completion time on the Leaderboards, with better rewards for those that reach the top 50%, top 10%, and number 1 spots!
Times Square Terminal

With this update comes a brand new Terminal experience based on the updated Times Square introductory section.

Times Square is under attack by Ultron and his army of drones, and his goal is nothing short of total destruction of humanity. Fight through hordes of drones and his elite Iron Legionnaires to reach the final battle with Ultron himself!

The Times Square Terminal can be accessed from any Waypoint in the Challenges tab.
Travel Powers Update

With this update we are overhauling the travel power system so that all heroes have one dedicated travel power that comes at no cost during power progression. Here’s how it works:

All heroes will gain access to their dedicated travel power at level 10

Dedicated travel powers will automatically have 1 point placed into them at level 10 and cannot be increased beyond rank 1
Dedicated travel powers will consume no resource, even if those powers have secondary effects while being used
A dedicated hotkey can now be assigned to “Travel Power” in the Options menu under the Keybinds tab, which will allow you to use your hero’s dedicated travel power even if it is not assigned to the hotbar
Any existing points you have in your travel power will be moved to your hero's dash or roll power
If those points would take you over the cap in your existing dash or roll power, any remaining points will be refunded

Since all dedicated travel powers now unlock at level 10, some heroes’ power progression had to be altered to allow this:

Colossus - Steel Cyclone now unlocks at level 42 (was 10)

Deadpool - Superior Healing Factor now unlocks at level 8 (was 10)
Iron Man - Jet-Thrust Punch now unlocks at level 12 (was 10)
Moon Knight - Crescent Snare now unlocks at level 14 (was 10)
Nova - Cascading Bolt now unlocks at level 12 (was 10)

Nightcrawler’s power progression had to be more extensively adjusted as part of this update:

Flash and Grab now unlocks at level 8 (was 10)

X-Slash now unlocks at level 22 (was 10)
Master Swordsman now unlocks at level 16 (was 18)
One Step Ahead now unlocks at level 12 (was 10)
Advancing Guard now unlocks at level 28 (was 22)
Flying Sabre now unlocks at level 3 (was 28)

Travel powers that had secondary effects in some cases have been adjusted for the new system now that they are free powers.

Colossus - Siberian Express damage scales with points in Osmium Champion

Ghost Rider - Ride damage scales with ranks in Spirit of Vengeance
Green Goblin - Glide bomb damage scales with ranks in Strength Over Sanity
Vision - Heavy Sprint damage scales with ranks in Density Shift
Juggernaut - Stride’s Momentum generation scales with ranks in Can’t Be Stopped
Nova - Traverse the Cosmos now generates a flat 12.5% Shield strength (equal to Rank 16)
Doctor Doom - From Here to Latveria no longer regenerates Power
Kitty Pryde - Air Walking no longer regenerates Spirit
Punisher - Sprint no longer provides Dodge Rating while channeled

Minor Changes & Bug Fixes

Power Up buffs that previously displayed over the player avatar’s head now only display when they are picked up for several seconds to fix issues where some buffs overlapped with others. Players can always view any active Power Up buffs in their buff panel in the lower right corner.
Known Issues

Squirrel Girl’s Sprint power is not using the correct animation. This will be corrected in the next update.

Travel Update in, rip King's County event.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Squirrel Girl's proper sprint had better be running on power lines, don't drop the ball now Mr Gaz.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

She's actually going to surf on a flying iron man

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kelp's just salty he didn't get a Squirrel Girl Pop.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

funkopop figures look like square headed happy meal toys and I don't want any of them

those soulless eyes and sloppy paint jobs will not get my money no matter who they are made to be

They're Bad

but if they come out with a good squirrel girl or Kamala figure sometime that's not funkopop i'd want those

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squirrel Girl looks like she was born square headed and still wants a Happy Meal for the toy even though she's 30.

It's a perfect match.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Please don't be mean to Doreen she does her best to help people and make the world a better place

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

So which of these 80 legendaries should I be holding on to? Or can I not scrap them for Odin marks?

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Hy_C posted:

So which of these 80 legendaries should I be holding on to? Or can I not scrap them for Odin marks?

Keep all except Norm Stones and the Nullifier, maybe keep one Gungnir and one Excaluber, and one M'Kraan? I think the best ones are the Axe, Shield, and Trident.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hy_C posted:

Casket, Norn Stones, Excalibur, and Ultimate Nullifer are all the completely useless ones to scrap.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cosmic Control Rod (probably? the Energy one) is cool for weird-build characters like Nova who deal a single type of damage but not a single range of damage.

Also god drat it when are they adding a Movement legendary already, just call that poo poo Sandals of Hermes and reskin the Savage Axe.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

a blessed goblin glider imbued with the power of the Allfather himself, Odin

call it the goblinir

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Cosmic Control Rod (probably? the Energy one) is cool for weird-build characters like Nova who deal a single type of damage but not a single range of damage.

Also god drat it when are they adding a Movement legendary already, just call that poo poo Sandals of Hermes and reskin the Savage Axe.

It's used on Silver Surfer, Human Torch, Iceman, and ranged Vision too.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 24, 2016

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
For posterity's sake, I recorded Squirrel Girl's travel power as is. I added what I felt was needed musical accompaniment.

https://vine.co/v/5uzt7mndt6P

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Didn't it leak that the movement legendary is gonna be dazzler's rollerskates? way cooler than socks and sandals of Hermes

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

For posterity's sake, I recorded Squirrel Girl's travel power as is. I added what I felt was needed musical accompaniment.

SO HERE I AM
DOING EVERYTHING I CAN
HOLDING ON TO WHAT I AM
PRETENDING IM A SUPERMAN

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Holy poo poo, I'm fully prepared to purple rain all over that Emma Frost visual update. Just holding out for that /twerk emote. To quotes ICR "yo soy de seis a medianoche".

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iFSrjnnrc

lmao

happy anniversary to the ORIGINAL waifu :)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iFSrjnnrc

lmao

happy anniversary to the ORIGINAL waifu :)

ROFL WHAT THE gently caress HAHAHAHA.

Wow!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

HebrewMagic posted:

As I said in game, they should leave it as is and just add two squirrels under her feet.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

excuse me, thats at minimum 20 nuggets in Canada. Which is my lunch most of my days.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I see the Punisher QoL review made it into the patch.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Looks like all kinds of stuff is all broked on them sentinels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Onslaught currently not summoning mental orbs.

• Locked thread