Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Northern Ireland chose Remain but barely compared to the Scottish. I'm gonna have to put up with unity bullshit for ages now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I guess the new thing to do when you're called out on posting something stupid is to just "Of course I knew that :downs:"

Edit: a different person posted this from twitter and it gave me a chuckle

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Scotland's already talking about holding a second independence referendum. Evidently they held one in 2014 that voted remain in a 55-45 margin, but now...

As I understand it, a big part of why many Scots voted to stay in the UK then was "Well, it'd be a pain in the rear end to apply for EU membership as an independent country, so..."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Maybe don't leave your autistic six year old kid at home sick for a whole week before considering taking him to the ER?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Maybe don't leave your autistic six year old kid at home sick for a whole week before considering taking him to the ER?

It's almost like some people don't run to the ER as soon as they get the sniffles.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's fine, if he has autism then he's definitely gotten his major vaccines.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Here's a crazy thought, and stop me if this is going too far, but what if it's stdh? Food for thought.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Munchables posted:

Here's a crazy thought, and stop me if this is going too far, but what if it's stdh? Food for thought.

Okay, now you're just sounding like Voidburger.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

VoidBurger posted:

Suuurrrrre, a six-year-old said this, suuuure.

There's like a 99% chance this mother uses homeopathic med/water and other BS to treat her kid.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Munchables posted:

Odds are the lady constantly talks about Bernie and the autistic kid is just parroting his mom

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Scotland's already talking about holding a second independence referendum. Evidently they held one in 2014 that voted remain in a 55-45 margin, but now...

Yeah I read about that too, I'm more curious about whether it'll succeed and what that'll mean for the Ol' UK.

Also I have wild dreams that this will finally reunite the Irelands.

E: My super fav though was an article on the BBC positing that London might just leave the UK to become independent. One can dream, that would be pretty interesting. And also hilarious.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jun 24, 2016

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Not a chance lad

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Apparently in the new world where tousel hearded flabby wastes of space can be considered statemen I think nothing can be considered truly impossible any more.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah I read about that too, I'm more curious about whether it'll succeed and what that'll mean for the Ol' UK.

Also I have wild dreams that this will finally reunite the Irelands.

E: My super fav though was an article on the BBC positing that London might just leave the UK to become independent. One can dream, that would be pretty interesting. And also hilarious.

Or... consider that Great Britain has a golden opportunity to follow & maybe improve on the German industrial & commercial model. Y'know, invest in its peoples, skills, invent, design, develop, manufacture, quality, export & home market & show the World what can be achieved free of Political dogma & restraint,

or,

Great Britain can adopt the 'remain' mantra & impersonate a cabbage!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Or... consider that Great Britain has a golden opportunity to follow & maybe improve on the German industrial & commercial model. Y'know, invest in its peoples, skills, invent, design, develop, manufacture, quality, export & home market & show the World what can be achieved free of Political dogma & restraint,

or,

Great Britain can adopt the 'remain' mantra & impersonate a cabbage!

If you are British I would kindly like you to discuss the matter, but to state that overwhelmingly I disagree. Not only because a great deal of the politics involved are the whole point, but also the fact that a greater number of acadamies are going to be springing up thus meaning less training and skills, designing an manufacturing are not even slightly present in the country and would require a great deal more investment than we are willing in a place that is soon going to have a great deal of difficulty even financing its debts.

If not from the UK I would like to kindly ask you to stop talking on things which you know less than nothing about.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
:allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I imagine Gerry Adams is already sending risque tweets to the First Minister. The two countries have been fairly separate for a while now so reuniting them would be like uniting other countries. Dopes on my feed already talking about how awesome it would be to have Celtic Union without remotely thinking what that would mean.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

If you are British I would kindly like you to discuss the matter, but to state that overwhelmingly I disagree. Not only because a great deal of the politics involved are the whole point, but also the fact that a greater number of acadamies are going to be springing up thus meaning less training and skills, designing an manufacturing are not even slightly present in the country and would require a great deal more investment than we are willing in a place that is soon going to have a great deal of difficulty even financing its debts.

If not from the UK I would like to kindly ask you to stop talking on things which you know less than nothing about.

LoB

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Josef bugman posted:

Posts like these are my favorite part of this thread.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

What a good gif

Also, all hail LoB.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

1) Lottery of Babylon is a gimmick poster who post insane poo poo.
2) Hasn't japans economy been in the doldrums for the past 20 or so years meaning increasing amounts of people are trying to opt out of it?

I really hope that Josef bugman either forgot who LoB is or didn't even look at the username.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Bit of both. You never know when someone might be being serious.

Sorry guys!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Josef bugman posted:

If I start posting in a British accent can I still post about the hilarious mistake everyone over in England are doing right now?

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

Why question something when it confirms my racist opinions??? loving LIBS always trying to QUESTION things!!

Also, quotes around "refugees" and "false" wtf???

Edit: and I did check snopes, there was an assault on a young girl but there was no knife, no rape, and no syrians, not going to bother linking the article to these fuckwits because ill get the conspiracy cover-up poo poo slinging. gently caress these people

Immolat1on has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Jun 24, 2016

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

If I start posting in a British accent can I still post about the hilarious mistake everyone over in England are doing right now?

Go right ahead, can't be worse than the pigs ear we have made of it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I voted to stay in the EU, but come on don't tell me an American would be happy with half of their laws being written in Mexico with minimal US input. Then, when they ask for more flexibility, they are flat out ignored and the whole continent threatens them with economic punishment.

Fuckin racists must just hate Mexico

Strategic Tea has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jun 25, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The EU doesn't make even close to half of the laws of any country.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It depends on the sector. TBH I agree with unifying laws across countries, but most Americans seem to think the whole vote was about hate immigrants Y/N. In practise the EU presented a totally aloof, impenetrable face to the average citizen, and treated the UK with blatant contempt when we (amateurishly) tried to negotiate. I'm happy to see them get a bloody nose from it even if it was a bad idea to leave.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I have it on good authority there's like a thousand laws just for making and selling pillows.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

It depends on the sector. TBH I agree with unifying laws across countries, but most Americans seem to think the whole vote was about hate immigrants Y/N. In practise the EU presented a totally aloof, impenetrable face to the average citizen, and treated the UK with blatant contempt when we (amateurishly) tried to negotiate. I'm happy to see them get a bloody nose from it even if it was a bad idea to leave.

A fair amount of it probably was hate immigrant y/n based on the exit polls and what people have been saying in the aftermath. I mean look at Farage and the fact that suddenly the money that the EU gets isn't going to the UK.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Otisburg posted:

I have it on good authority there's like a thousand laws just for making and selling pillows.

Not to mention pillow-shaped cereal.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Man it would be crazy if in the United States there were governments that looked out for the best interest of their regional populations and they had to deal with laws coming from some OTHER government that could overrule their own laws and they lived really far away in some cases and still they had to do whatever this other government said!

Good thing nothing like that happens.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Crust First posted:

Man it would be crazy if in the United States there were governments that looked out for the best interest of their regional populations and they had to deal with laws coming from some OTHER government that could overrule their own laws and they lived really far away in some cases and still they had to do whatever this other government said!

would it be almost be like a sort of Federal authority?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Crust First posted:

Looking forward to Germany starting the EuroCivil War to preserve the Union.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

Strategic Tea posted:

I voted to stay in the EU, but come on don't tell me an American would be happy with half of their laws being written in Mexico with minimal US input. Then, when they ask for more flexibility, they are flat out ignored and the whole continent threatens them with economic punishment.

That was pretty much the background for our civil war.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Byzantine posted:

That was pretty much the background for our civil war.

At least in our case we aren't keeping black people as slaves. Though with Boris and Farage in charge, who the heck knows.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv49oRmmGGs

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Why the gently caress would we be the ones stuck with Rauner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cookxit starts here.