Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'd rather watch MLS Soccer than read any more about your video game youtubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

wait'll you get a load of mY ARMA squad in action I think we could take on an SF group irl

like playing the game irl on the computer

I think there's a video of some guy in ARMA 2 in a group like that where he keeps going super realistic with it and doing poo poo like losing his gun when he goes to take a piss and complaining about the guy being the Lt. to everyone else

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

I think there's a video of some guy in ARMA 2 in a group like that where he keeps going super realistic with it and doing poo poo like losing his gun when he goes to take a piss and complaining about the guy being the Lt. to everyone else

I feel like your description is infinitely funnier than the actual video

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Soulex posted:

Skate and its sequels are done sadly. It was a fantastic game and there has been nothing like it since.

This is what I had as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP7f9AgfZlw

I'd say Skate is at least a couple steps up

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
SKate

or

DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

I feel like your description is infinitely funnier than the actual video

It probably is. I just vaguely remember bits and pieces of it being good. Like the guy explaining to a really pissed off other player that he left his gun in the Humvee and he doesn't have a sidearm because he thought they only gave those to officers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Otoh sharing the Army experience to everyone online seems like a really good way to get the message out that the military sucks

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBwG7ifn2I&t=262s

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

chemosh6969 posted:

This is what I had as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP7f9AgfZlw

I'd say Skate is at least a couple steps up

I thought this was Thrasher before clicking it. That was a good one too.

Internet Wizard posted:

I'd rather watch MLS Soccer than read any more about your video game youtubes

Then scroll past the post like everyone else does

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Prop Wash posted:

hahahaha what

That was my reaction as well.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Best voluntold experience of my life was when I got grabbed for a random detail at JBER right after the merger. Evidently a call went out for one each of an AF and Army NCO and junior enlisted to do some event with a visiting Army 3 star. Me and an Airman get tagged and get told to report to some building on the Fort Richardson side and we figure we're hosed and this is going to be terrible.

We show up and it's the new Army MWR center. They give us an XBox, a copy of CoD:WaW and four controllers and stick us in a room so when the general funding them walks by he sees joint vidya games going on. Of course the general is like two hours late so we sat around playing video games for half a day on Uncle Sam's time.

The best part was the CSM talking smack about *~our tactics~*, picking up a controller and getting flat out murdered repeatedly in front of the entire entourage. Being an American Hero isn't always easy.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Soulex posted:

What I like about college sports in general is that it's largely for the love of the game. There isn't a million dollar contract, and aren't even getting paid if I recall correctly. I know Bo Jackson got hosed out of a scholarship because some NFL team basically groomed him without his knowledge and turned them down in the draft, but the fact that there are things like this is pretty cool.

Also, I went to Penn State to visit one time and got to go to a tailgating event which was huge. I went with my friend who was visiting his (now ex) wife and had a friend for me to play around with. We both got insanely drunk, and ended up missing the game to go do adult stuff in her dorm room all day. His wife was a playboy model too, or had modeled for playboy, so basically whenever we got there after a 8 hour drive from Knox, the first thing they showed me were pictures from her new shoot. Men, I don't know if your buddy has ever willingly and enthusiastically shown you nudes of his wife, but there's no right way to react. I didn't react so I didn't gently caress up, but holy poo poo.

The other cool thing at tailgating was hanging out with the Vet organization who were pretty cool. I beat their record for dizzy bat so that was cool.

If it was for the love of the game, then Alabama wouldn't be hip-deep in third-string guys who would be first string in the PAC-12. It's all about money and getting to that big NFL contract after school.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

That was my reaction as well.

wait you were being serious with that comment? Like those numbers were actually published on a no-poo poo official slide-deck from AFPC?

I thought you were making a joke...:stare:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Liquid Communism posted:

If it was for the love of the game, then Alabama wouldn't be hip-deep in third-string guys who would be first string in the PAC-12. It's all about money and getting to that big NFL contract after school.

~ 20,000 freshmen NCAA players
~ 300 rookies per NFL season

hmmm..

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Wild T posted:

Best voluntold experience of my life was when I got grabbed for a random detail at JBER right after the merger. Evidently a call went out for one each of an AF and Army NCO and junior enlisted to do some event with a visiting Army 3 star. Me and an Airman get tagged and get told to report to some building on the Fort Richardson side and we figure we're hosed and this is going to be terrible.

We show up and it's the new Army MWR center. They give us an XBox, a copy of CoD:WaW and four controllers and stick us in a room so when the general funding them walks by he sees joint vidya games going on. Of course the general is like two hours late so we sat around playing video games for half a day on Uncle Sam's time.

The best part was the CSM talking smack about *~our tactics~*, picking up a controller and getting flat out murdered repeatedly in front of the entire entourage. Being an American Hero isn't always easy.

When I was at Balad in '09, my platoon sergeant told me to take one of our CROWS equipped humvees to the wash rack, clean it up, then mount its .50 cal and take it to "some dog and pony show the Air Force is running."

Turns out it was for the 2009 WWE Tribute to the Troops show.

I'm actually visible in this picture, wearing a Santa hat over my boonie and holding a sign. Humvee on the left side of the photo, to the right of the .50 cal barrel.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Wild T posted:

That has to be the Arctic Chill. The game center still has a bunch of 360s in it, but nobody goes there because they haven't bought any games in months.

Also of interest, there was a bar down there, the only place on post where you could drink. It was closed for a while until I guess they figured out that if you don't supply at least one place for people to drink on post outside of their homes, they'll go off post, then get DUIs. So they opened it back up and nobody goes there still, as far as I can tell. I sure don't. Why would I want to drink with a bunch of soldiers?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

wait you were being serious with that comment? Like those numbers were actually published on a no-poo poo official slide-deck from AFPC?

I thought you were making a joke...:stare:

It's from a roadshow ppt. I don't have the context of an explanation, but that's sure what it looks like on their chart.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

A Bad Poster posted:

That has to be the Arctic Chill. The game center still has a bunch of 360s in it, but nobody goes there because they haven't bought any games in months.

Also of interest, there was a bar down there, the only place on post where you could drink. It was closed for a while until I guess they figured out that if you don't supply at least one place for people to drink on post outside of their homes, they'll go off post, then get DUIs. So they opened it back up and nobody goes there still, as far as I can tell. I sure don't. Why would I want to drink with a bunch of soldiers?

lol I was acquaintances with an AF cop officer when I was up there (which was right when joint basing was happening), I guess they started doing joint patrols on the Fort Rich with the Army MPs. She had some hilarious stories of people doing stupid poo poo (like "pulling knives on cops" levels of stupid poo poo) at the Arctic Chill.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well, they got rid of all the Army MPs, minus a company's worth, and transferred all of them to USARAK. They don't patrol or pull duties on gates anymore, the Air Force took all that over.

The only good story I remember from talking to one of the few cops I know was a blotter report is how there were a bunch for soldiers in on post housing playing poker or something, and one of the guys was cleaning a handgun and somehow had it discharge, killing him and hitting another guy. That ended up in a fun safety brief, and them threatening to revoke firearm privileges for people living on post and having everyone store their private weapons in the arms room.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's actually standard for AF bases. I'm surprised some idiot didn't try to die for that hill and force it to stick.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

"So there I was, cleaning my gun, and when I got to the step where you point it at yourself and pull the trigger while it's loaded, it just went off! I have no idea what happened."

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Internet Wizard posted:

"So there I was, cleaning my gun, and when I got to the step where you point it at yourself and pull the trigger while it's loaded, it just went off! I have no idea what happened."

Brexit.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Internet Wizard posted:

It was at Elmo, so he was probably just following in his leaderships' footprints.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Wild T posted:

It was at Elmo, so he was probably just following in his leaderships' footprints.

lol goddamn

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

~ 20,000 freshmen NCAA players
~ 300 rookies per NFL season

hmmm..

This is the idiot thread dude, come on. There's at least 19,700 freshman idiots who think they can make it to the NFL. Well there's actually more than that, but a few of those idiots actually do make it.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Godholio posted:

That's actually standard for AF bases. I'm surprised some idiot didn't try to die for that hill and force it to stick.

Elmendorf (pre- and post-JBER merger) let folks keep private firearms in base housing; you just had to get a form signed by your CC with make/models/serial numbers and turn it into SFS. Yet another reason not to live on base unless you want everyone and their mother stepping on your nuts constantly. Then again the wing commander also shot himself in his house at a party, so I guess the jury's out on whether that policy was such a good move after all.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I cant't believe there are people posting in this thread thinking about joining. gently caress it you can join and get some of the sweet sweet health care....

Basically we have this poo poo bag E-6 cross trainee who has sucked since day one but our flight chief personally signs off his training tasks since no one else will do it even when ordered to since this guy is such a liability. Finally though a few weeks ago he just straight up goes off the deep end and manages to pull off exceptionally dumbass stunt after dumbass stunt. This is a recap of that weekend.

Friday: It's a pretty slow day so the Dr's want to take the time to do a procedure and get some biopsy samples from a patient so we start setting up for that in the ICU when all of a sudden they wheel in another patient right next door to us in respiratory distress and they plan on intubating her immediately. There were already a few 5-7 levels there and our students for the bronchoscopy but we throw ol' retard in on the intubation since he needs the training the most. I personally watch him and make sure he grabs the right equipment and do a quick run through of the procedure and to be fair he has his tools and tells me how he's going to use them, excellent. Well the Dr is in position but I notice the the Dr's much like us have thrown their worst Dr in to get her experience as well, so we have two shaky people on a pretty shaky patient but whatever they are both at a point where they should be able to do this. RIGHT before the Dr goes to intubate our retard pulls one of our students over to the head of the bed right into his spot and just completely steps back leaving a student who has been with us all of four days and has never even seen this procedure much less read or learned about it yet to do it with zero instruction. gently caress. I won't go into detail but she fails and fails very badly and very publicly in the span of like 30 seconds while retard just tries to shuffle further and further away from the dumpster fire he just made. Strike #1

Still Friday and towards the end of shift, long after the hot wash where he gets his rear end ripped and the not so hot wash where I get yelled at for letting this happen with only 15 minutes left in our day retard manages to gently caress up.

I'm up on the medsurge floors taking care of some last minute things and while I'm up there all we can here are the overhead pages for more surgery techs to a C-section that doesn't sound to be going very well. Whatevs they haven't called for me yet so I continue doing my thing until I get my call to head up to the C-section to run some blood. Run blood, hand in result, easy, at least until I started to walk away and one of the nurses apologizes as I walk away. I ask her what's wrong and she apologizes for calling the wrong phone. I'm extremely confused by this since she called me on the on call phone so I ask her what's up. Turns out she called the office phone first and retard picked up and got told to run the blood that was obviously the poo poo c-section going down on the overhead. His response to this was to tell her she had the wrong phone number and to hang up. Not tell her the right number to call or to tell her she had the wrong number but that he would come up anyway or even just hang up on her and call me, no he just tells her wrong number and hangs up like its no biggy. Strike #2

So that's just how the weekend started, I can keep going if you guys want Sunday is pretty bad but mercifully short but what he pulled off the next shift easily tops all this.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 28, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

No keep going. It's poo poo like this that makes me realize why my left leg got infected twice after surgery, also partially because they forgot to prescribe me antibiotics. And how I've pulled sutures out months after operations because they missed one. That happened more than once.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Please keep going!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

how has he nof been murdered

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

You're as bad as reality television mate, do you think anyone could read that and not want to hear the rest? :getin:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Soulex posted:

No keep going. It's poo poo like this that makes me realize why my left leg got infected twice after surgery, also partially because they forgot to prescribe me antibiotics. And how I've pulled sutures out months after operations because they missed one. That happened more than once.

That sounds exactly like what happened to a friend of mine. Gets stabbed in leg, gets sewn up at local city hospital. Goes to VA for post treatment since that's cheaper, big hospital left a staple in his leg, infection and compartment syndrome happen, requiring more work... I guess the weird part is it isn't the VA that hosed up.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cenen posted:

Military medicine

I can keep going if you guys want Sunday is pretty bad but mercifully short but what he pulled off the next shift easily tops all this.

:justpost:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
No one knows when to salute.

The appropriate answer is not in a reg -- especially the myriad of them in a joint environment.

"Hey maybe when the toppest colonel is bitching about not getting salutes over and over, just get the poo poo over with."

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
All right lets keep this crazy train rolling I guess.

I should have mentioned this in the previous post but our NCOIC was actually down in the ICU to watch the biopsy bronchoscopy since we were all a bit rusty on that one (except ironically ol' retard who had just come out of the bronch clinic but still managed to gently caress the bronch up but not spectacularly enough to really write about) so he got to watch retard pull all that dumbshit during the intubation and has forbade him from working alone. Now this sucks big time since we had been splitting shifts but the other 5lvl person on this shift was on leave so that left me with a 3 lvl and retard who now can't work alone. I have been sentenced to baby sit all weekend.

Saturday: I'm the dumbass and still let retard split shift. I chalked it up to a mental health day so I wouldn't have to deal with him and I figured it wasn't fair to the 3lvl to not be able to split shift because of retard.

Sunday: Spring/Summer is our slowest time and Sunday mornings are our about our slowest times so our patient load is literally one scheduled treatment with a standby treatment that's been in the hospital for a week already and one in the ICU that isn't ours. To sum all this up we have a workload sheet that has all the info you need like name, room #, medicine, and how often to give it on an excel spreadsheet. It's gone largely unchanged for years and years and years and dozens of people have managed to learn to use it. Not retard.

Turns out our one scheduled treatment (tx for short from now on) doesn't have a set up in the room so I head into our supply room to get the stuff to get this early morning show on the road and I see retard walk in and start getting the stuff ready. But I notice he starts building a poo poo ton of set ups even though we only have one patient who doesn't have one and I've already built one. I ask him what's up with the set ups and he tells me it's for all the tx's we have. I tell him that we only have one scheduled tx and that they are the only patient that doesn't have a set up already. Look of utter loving confusion on his face at this point. He starts trying to tell me about patient in bed so and so getting his treatment and I'm just stuttering at this point that there is NO patient of ours in that bed. WE HAVE THREE loving BEDS ON THIS SHEET AND YOU ARE LITERALLY JUST THROWING OUT RANDOM NUMBERS. Turns out this fucker couldn't read in a straight line to give the medicine next to a bed # the medicine next to the bed #. He tries to argue this but I have had far and away enough of this babysitting bullshit. I hold the workload sheet 2 inches from and face and very slowly and very loudly with my finger following along on the sheet that he will give THIS medication and ONLY this medication to THIS patient. Something seems to finally click and I get an "ok". Strike #3

I immediately shoot off an email to the NCOIC telling him that if he doesn't do something I'm going to the flight chief about this. Thankfully the rest of Sunday goes smoothly and I think I'm in the clear. Nope he was just saving the best for last.

Wednesday isn't the weekend but whatever: He brings his kid to work. Ok whatever yeah plenty of people bring in a baby or toddler when it's sick but it's usually just like an hour or two while they figure out what to do with it and it generally sits in an office and chills, sometimes we even get highschool aged kids from our lifers but again they just sit in the office while the parent figures out what to do with them, whatever. Nope ol' retard has brought his healthy middle or high school aged daughter to the hospital because he couldn't afford daycare. Does she sit in an office for a couple of hours while he figures out what to do with her? Hell no.

Retard puts this bitch in our departments scrubs and throws his name tag and rank on her and drags this kid around to patient rooms to do treatments for an entire 12 hour shift.

Everyone is to shocked and mind blown to say anything but I think when he mentioned doing it again tomorrow someone finally said something.

That's basically it I have a ton more general hospital stories and a couple more on him I might get around to. Still waiting to get out before I tell my Africa stories though holy poo poo talk about putting the special in special forces "I'M MORE TIER TWO THAN YOU!!"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Never stop telling these stories.

Wasabi the J posted:

No one knows when to salute.

The appropriate answer is not in a reg -- especially the myriad of them in a joint environment.

"Hey maybe when the toppest colonel is bitching about not getting salutes over and over, just get the poo poo over with."

That process exists, it's called "the installation commander issues an instruction/regulation." The problem is that not enough unit commanders are sat down and put in their places. Well that's one problem. The other is that everything has to be loving codified or some O-6 or SNCO flips his poo poo.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 28, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That stuff sounds like some horrifying behavior. Like jesus christ.

Edit - This guy sounds like this idiot my brother knew in the Army.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 28, 2016

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Why does he need daycare for a kid who is middle or high school age?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Im glad to see military medicine is just as hosed up as civilian medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MrMojok posted:

Why does he need daycare for a kid who is middle or high school age?
She'll probably go suck all the dicks if she's not supervised at all times.