Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

SFV is in the top 5 worst fighting game I ever played

Clearly you haven't played Tattoo Assassins or Street Fighter: the Movie: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jack Trades posted:

Clearly you haven't played Tattoo Assassins or Street Fighter: the Movie: The Game.

I have. There's no excuse for SFV, though.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Jack Trades posted:

did tattoo assassins even officially come out? I thought that was just a rom dump

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Street Fighter The Movie is at least good for laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AzWD09LCzU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Every time I see people criticize SFV, I go back to that gif in the OP of a blonde chick slapping her rear end and think "How bad could it be?".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P bad because they removed that

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The only time I like watching this game is that imstilldadaddy1985 guy. Whenever he loses he just loses his absolute poo poo. I love it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Baal posted:

:stare: ......... oh...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There are PC mods to put it back in

Do people make fighting game mods for anything other than putting characters in bikinis

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Well, there's been 3 Overwatch skins now. Does anime count as bikini? Yes, right?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Is Overwatch anime? I mean, clearly some of it is like mech girl and ice lady but I dunno if cowboy man and old soldier count as anime.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't understand people who buy fighting games for single player content. It made sense in the 2000s due to the lack of online play. But in the modern era besides tutorials and what not they are pointless. Well Guilty Gear does have some nice cutscenes in its story mode. But the story seems dumb.

I didn't play the later games but Soul Calibur 2 and 3 had pretty sick single-player content. I loved that game mode where you'd make squads of fighters and send them around a RTS-ey map to capture fortresses where they'd fight a KOF-like series of battles, and fortresses had a ton of weird battleground effects like pushing fighters around, messing with stats and so on. I don't remember which game had it but I'd say it was worth buying just for the SP even if you're some sort of internet hermit who sees real people like twice a month

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
that was soul calibur 3, and early versions of the disk had a glitch where that mode could corrupt your whole memory card

it was a cool idea though for sure

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I still like SFV and usually have fun whenever I play it :shrug:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

croutonZA posted:

Is Overwatch anime? I mean, clearly some of it is like mech girl and ice lady but I dunno if cowboy man and old soldier count as anime.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Yesterday's blog post claims we'll be getting improved matchmaking with next weeks update.

I don't mean to knock on the improvements before we even see them in action, but you know, I think the time it takes loading into and out of matches is really want bogs it down for me. Especially if I want to sit in training mode. And I like what I read on these changes well enough, but even if they do improve how the league points system is accounted for in regards to matchmaking, does that really mean less bronze vs gold scenarios? Player base is gonna be the big factor still.

I'm not good enough at the game to be where the vets are at. The basic gameplay is still a mystery to me, so I need to play if I want to better understand. Matchmaking - really just how long things take to get going, wrap up and move onto the next - is one of the big reasons I haven't been. If these changes do improve that part of the online play, that'd help me get back to the grind, though I suspect they won't be that significant.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lothire posted:

Yesterday's blog post claims we'll be getting improved matchmaking with next weeks update.

I don't mean to knock on the improvements before we even see them in action, but you know, I think the time it takes loading into and out of matches is really want bogs it down for me. Especially if I want to sit in training mode. And I like what I read on these changes well enough, but even if they do improve how the league points system is accounted for in regards to matchmaking, does that really mean less bronze vs gold scenarios? Player base is gonna be the big factor still.

I'm not good enough at the game to be where the vets are at. The basic gameplay is still a mystery to me, so I need to play if I want to better understand. Matchmaking - really just how long things take to get going, wrap up and move onto the next - is one of the big reasons I haven't been. If these changes do improve that part of the online play, that'd help me get back to the grind, though I suspect they won't be that significant.

sounds good but lmao that that's only the 2nd dev diary on this game that's almost been out for 6 months.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

what are you supposed to about cammy ex-divekick?
that move fucks me up so bad its not funny
even the non ex is a real threat, my anti airs usually trade

at best, if I seriously watch out for it, I can beat it with Alex ex-anti air knee

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Alex can jab it if you predict it... this game isn't really about reaction.
The risk/reward is still in Cammy's favor, though. She'll just try it again. :)

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Yeah, I trade all the time with most normals.

But EX version will blow through any normal anti-air and that's what I have most trouble with. A good Cammy will make you block it and then you're really in trouble. Either they bait the throw attempt and do shitloads of damage or just throw you straight up and then you're back into a really hard defensive situation again.

I really think the knockdown game in SFV is scarier than USF4, simply because you have fewer defensive options. You have v-reversal, but even that has its drawbacks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cammy doesn't get much off of throws unless you are cornered or delay stand for some reason

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Baal posted:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

God that model just looks so loving ugly. The hair looks like it's a solid mass of grease.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Guiz be fair to the game; anything before next update is early access...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Garrand posted:

God that model just looks so loving ugly. The hair looks like it's a solid mass of grease.

she's not italian

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Garrand posted:

Lol all the models look hideous on close inspection, the animation is top notch tho.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Honestly I've never really cared too much about sprite or model quality as long as it's clear what's going on but since they're trying so drat hard to make her sexy it's just that much worse.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Goetta posted:

I still like SFV and usually have fun whenever I play it :shrug:

Same, friend. I hope they continue trying to improve it.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Nice match against Kenny, Agoat! You were close!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

giogadi posted:

Nice match against Kenny, Agoat! You were close!

I was so nervous on stage. I wanna rematch him sometime this weekend!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
play overwatch AND SF5

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I mean at least the throws aren't sf x tk bad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

play overwatch AND SF5

I'm waiting for my Mercy Chun-Li skin.

Top tier never dies.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

i feel like that would happen in sf5 too tbh

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

SectumSempra posted:

i mean they arent 7f startup but theyre just as short (if not shorter) and still slow for a 2d fighting game (5f)

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

SectumSempra posted:

im not sure why capcom has a hard-on for making throwsr eally bad lately

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

throws are feelbads...obv

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Booyah- posted:

throws are feelbads...obv

And only for scrubs.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

i get why they make throws bad, but not movement. why does movement feel like absolute garbage? its like some confusing mix of "slower and less intense > a good basic game" and "people really hate throws so make them less good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

anime was right posted:

i get why they make throws bad, but not movement. why does movement feel like absolute garbage? its like some confusing mix of "slower and less intense > a good basic game" and "people really hate throws so make them less good"

17 frame dash, 8 frame lag, the game