Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like it's weird that they didn't add safe deposit boxes in the vault for First World Bank. I mean there's a ton of places where they would have fit. They could have used the Big Bank loot table too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Since the DLC is on sale right now, is the list in the OP still accurate?
How about the Biker stuff?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Could I get an invite to the goon group? Just played with a pubby that would restart the map if we were detected. I was the only one with a concealment score under 75.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990748778

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm trying to do the stealth tutorial and I fail every time I deploy the ECM jammer to shut off a camera. This is exactly what it tells me to do, so I'm really confused. What am I missing?

Are you activating the ECM after deploying it?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Could I get an invite to the goon group? Just played with a pubby that would restart the map if we were detected. I was the only one with a concealment score under 75.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990748778

sent it to you

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lemon-Lime posted:

A Service Level Agreement, which essentially means "a contractually-binding maximum time to respond to a ticket." A two-hour first response SLA would mean you're contractually obliged to provide a first response to every new customer ticket (usually the first response is just "okay, we've seen this" and maybe "please give us logs") within two hours, or you are in breach of your SLA, which means your company is getting fined and you're probably getting fired if it happens regularly.

I doubt they have anything like that, as volunteers, but they're absolutely going for a minimum response time on all threads.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm trying to do the stealth tutorial and I fail every time I deploy the ECM jammer to shut off a camera. This is exactly what it tells me to do, so I'm really confused. What am I missing?

Describe a bit more about what's happening? What it should be is:
1) Put down ECM Jammer
2) The camera is disabled for 15, while the ECM is outlined in blue
3) Move past the camera while it can't see you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

LLJKSiLk posted:

Since the DLC is on sale right now, is the list in the OP still accurate?
How about the Biker stuff?

For the most part yes. GOTY version is a good starter set to bypass buying the early stuff up to Clover which leaves only BBQ pack of the what I think essential for fun stuff. Hotline Miami Heist is the best bang for your buck as far as content outside of pretty decent heist to host. The rest you can grab if you want to try the weapons and have the money to burn.

Remember that if you want Jacket content, you need to buy the Hotline Miami 2 Digital Deluxe edition that's currently $4.99. Vox doesn't like the game with a passion, but that's the only way to get the ability to have all the Jacket stuff.

Biker Character and Heist are nice but nothing you need to own if you want to get down to it. But Biker Character Pack has the M1887 and that's the holy grail for the shotgun players besides the BBQ's AA-12.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

chairface posted:

It was Jewelry Store and Diamond Store, aka Free Levels. The Diamond is a different heist where we steal a particularly big individual diamond from a museum.

Just imagine the confusion once they bring back Diamond Heist from Payday 1.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Interested in getting an invite to the group. However I'm pretty new to this. Still having trouble finding cops that are shooting at me. I hope goons can help me get good.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/didyoutryguest/

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Don't feel bad. With the game being a few years old, the graphics may not be as sharp as you're used to with more modern shooters. So silhouette tracking can take some time to get used to. And if you play exclusively on a given difficulty, changing it up can make your eyes not register cops at first. It was real easy to murder all the civvies right at the start of goat simulator the first time I loaded it up.

Honestly it just takes practice.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

It took me a while to adjust to anarchist, but I think this should do it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Mikedawson posted:

Interested in getting an invite to the group. However I'm pretty new to this. Still having trouble finding cops that are shooting at me. I hope goons can help me get good.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/didyoutryguest/

I ain't gonna get any sleep until July 5th at this rate. :v: Invite sent.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I doubt they have anything like that, as volunteers, but they're absolutely going for a minimum response time on all threads.

Yeah, you couldn't have an SLA as a volunteer since there's nothing enforceable. There would only be one if they were paid employees.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are you activating the ECM after deploying it?

Tempest_56 posted:

Describe a bit more about what's happening? What it should be is:
1) Put down ECM Jammer
2) The camera is disabled for 15, while the ECM is outlined in blue
3) Move past the camera while it can't see you.

This was the problem, I thought I had to activate it and that was triggering the cops inside the station.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Activating it triggers ECM Feedback. You're supposed to do it when it's gone loud and you want cops to hold their heads in pain instead of shoot at you.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

maswastaken posted:

Activating it triggers ECM Feedback. You're supposed to do it when it's gone loud and you want cops to hold their heads in pain instead of shoot at you.

Thanks. I didn't realize that deploying it and activating it were two discreet actions with different effects. Once I knew I had to just deploy it, the map went as easily as it's meant to.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Even when they're taken into custody, the master heisters of the Payday gang don't stop Pocorose spamming

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

chairface posted:

It was Jewelry Store and Diamond Store, aka Free Levels. The Diamond is a different heist where we steal a particularly big individual diamond from a museum.

Does PC have level limit? Console does fwiw

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

swims posted:

The level cap is 100 in all versions. I don't think the bad abandoned console versions (PS3 and 360) have prestige, though.

swims
May 5, 2014

No i mean level limit XP on missions. Most I've seen a level 1 go to was 10 or maybe 11

Console- even old school has infamy up to 5

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I know in the older systems heists had XP penalties for low-levels doing them on harder difficulties, which I'm pretty sure is still a thing. The key about Jewelry Store is that even on Deathwish difficulty there's no penalty for a level 0 doing it, so stealthing it is an easy way to jump-start yourself after an Infamy. Although just having Infamied again I noticed the XP payout is a bit lower, I used to break 30 doing that now I stopped around 27.

swims
May 5, 2014

I'll try and find some noobs on console today and report back. I almost never run jewelry store so I wonder if it applies. Last gen and current gen do have level limit penalty for sure. On 360 you even get a quick "Level Limit" line item on the payout screen. Can't remember if you get the notice on x1.

For "diamond" confusion I just call them diamond shop and diamond museum. If the pd1 diamond job gets added I'll just call that diamond old school.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

Yes; pretty much every job cuts your XP if you aren't high enough level for it. It's a percentage based on how many 10s of levels the game thinks you're missing. At level 60+, none of the jobs do it to you.

swims posted:

Most I've seen a level 1 go to was 10 or maybe 11
They're not trying hard enough!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Could I get an invite to the steam group? Solo's already getting a little frustrating (I wish they would carry the loving bags) and pubbies keep kicking me since I'm only level 11.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Triphos

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Anyone just starting out and looking to learn the game and/or needing a heisting partner is welcome to add me directly.

Steam ID: i c wiener

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Hoxton can't have supported Brexit, he's friends with a black guy from a different country

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yeah. You've got at least two options. This is the foundation for an Anarchist LBV build. You'll need to figure out what deployable you're bringing and what kinds of weapons you want to use, and allocate the rest of your points accordingly. You can ace Shock and Awe at your discretion. I'd probably run with shotguns, since you're going to be close anyway, and it makes getting headshots for Bullseye trivial.

The other option is a suit-based Anarchist/dodge build. It's somewhat more point-intensive, but you can probably customize to taste. As above, you need to make a few final decisions for yourself to finish out the build.

Keep in mind that both of these builds are very fragile. If your armor breaks, you're almost always dead. The good news is that, with an appropriate melee weapon, you can basically one-shot almost all enemies.

Just got the Sydney pack during the sale, and while most in the thread seem to recommend Anarchist with LBV or Suit for crit/dodge, I'm not sure if it works as effectively as Anarchist with ICTV does.

Both sample builds above operate under the idea of "Anarchist has less health anyway, so you may as well Ace Berserker and Frenzy so you'll always do 1.4x - 2x damage." With Anarchist, your base health is always going to be 115 instead of the usual 230, regardless of your armor type. Your dodge at 3 detection with the maximum +10% dodge from Sneaky Bastard is 15 in a suit or 5 in LBV. Same as Grinder. So no matter what you're not going to be dodging too many shots, and unlike Grinder you have no higher base health or health regen (unless you dump a bunch of points to get Ace Hostage Taker). So you need to rely on the higher base armor (suit with Anarchist has about 200 armor, which is higher than base ICTV), higher armor regen rate from wearing the suit, plus Ace Bullseye for 25 armor per headshot. But if you run with shotguns per your recommendation to better guarantee those headshots, most aren't so hot at low detection aside from one or two with low fire rates (Mosconi, Raven, etc). It can work.

But when you look at the armor bonus you get, I feel like you're better off being the fattest of fat suits because in ICTV with Anarchist, you have 400.4 armor! The passive regen is only slightly less than a suit's, and you've still got the 25 armor regen per headshot from Bullseye Ace. Plus, if someone on the team has a dodge build with Second Wind aced (very common) you'll be running around at speeds comparable to a suit most of the time as well. I'm not so sold on Berserker Ace plus Frenzy Ace, but if you continue to run with shotguns using them you can Ace Close By, then fire Dragon's Breath rounds from a Izhma or Steakout with +15 magazine rounds at 92-100 stability for 80+ damage a shot (not counting Underdog or Overkill). This still works well on Death Wish even without Berserk or Frenzy, so the damage buff you get in exchange for making your max health be 34.5 instead of 115 might not really be needed.

EDIT: Maybe a baseline build for an Anarchist ICTV would be something like this? This is assuming Reddit or Long Guide or whatever is correct and that Shock and Awe does not have any effect on Anarchist armor regen.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 25, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Swagger Dagger posted:

Could I get an invite to the steam group? Solo's already getting a little frustrating (I wish they would carry the loving bags) and pubbies keep kicking me since I'm only level 11.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Triphos

Sent.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Daryl Surat posted:

Just got the Sydney pack during the sale, and while most in the thread seem to recommend Anarchist with LBV or Suit for crit/dodge, I'm not sure if it works as effectively as Anarchist with ICTV does.

I haven't done extensive experimentation (need more DW time) but my own LBV-based build works fine enough for survival that I don't feel like I need anywhere near that much extra armor. In exchange, I've got the speed, the extra little bit of dodge, and the crit chance, which itself buffers survival. Though I also don't go all-in on the gimmick with Berserker/Frenzy.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Speaking of the anarchist deck, i finally completed it! Broken wrists be damned.

Its what ive always dreamed of: a great grinder equiv for those of us addicted to the ICTV.

Did watchdogs on overwatch last night with a lmg, smg, special weapons build, carrying a Flame thrower and micro uzi, focused on ammo and armor from enforcer.

On day two i just kept wading into waves of cops with the flame thrower, emptying the thing, reloading super fast, and only leaving to go to an mmo bag to refill.

I finally fufilled my dream of being the Payday equiv of a Dozer. A hard to kill nightmare in a bulky suit.

Edit: build also works with lmgs, rifles, smgs, and the minigun. Might be my favorite build now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Now that I've finally kicked some rust off (Whilst using Rust), as a guy who enjoys his ICTV time, Sociopath is being a real sweet deck to me already.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So I haven't played since basically last year (I got to try fail Point Break like once or twice before the rest of the crew got bored) and I hope to get back on the crimehorse tonight. Have errands to do first, though.

Have I missed anything in the last, say, 80 pages?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Allen Wren posted:

So I haven't played since basically last year (I got to try fail Point Break like once or twice before the rest of the crew got bored) and I hope to get back on the crimehorse tonight. Have errands to do first, though.

Bikers, Ron Pearlmans and M1887s. And Hardcore Henry Heists, some free heisters, some new paid heisters, new akimbo, new skills becoming part of the game, safes releasing that don't need drills, Goat Heists and Wolf Pack bringing more PD1 stuff.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 25, 2016

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Allen Wren posted:

There's a new skill system and guns were rebalanced again. Also some perk decks were added and existing ones modified. If you need help building crap under the new system, people will help you. I had to get someone to show me how dodge builds work nowadays last night for Black Tie Affair.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, last I remember, people were theorycrafting what the new skill system was going to be like and wait wait whoa what the gently caress

Crabtree posted:

Bikers, Ron Pearlmans and M1887s. And Hardcore Henry Heists, some free heisters, some new paid heisters, new akimbo, new skills becoming part of the game, safes releasing that don't need drills, Goat Heists and Wolf Pack bringing more PD1 stuff.

what

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Allen Wren posted:

Yeah, last I remember, people were theorycrafting what the new skill system was going to be like and wait wait whoa what the gently caress

what

Welcome to paradise friend where the safes that drop open for free, the dev continues to support and release awesome content years in, and heistin makes ya feel good.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

chairface posted:

There's a new skill system and guns were rebalanced again. Also some perk decks were added and existing ones modified. If you need help building crap under the new system, people will help you. I had to get someone to show me how dodge builds work nowadays last night for Black Tie Affair.

The new skills are really great - they really did a good job of trimming the trees so that every choice actually feels meaningful while at the same time removing stuff that felt "mandatory". No more fast hands, no more transporter (technically it is still there but it only applies to throw distance now), no more shinobi, all that stuff is just base skills now. As is access to shaped charges and the saw.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Allen Wren posted:

what

Update 100 removed drills from all future safes. Starbreeze and OVERKILL bought Payday 2 out from 505 Games, and the first thing they did when they fully owned the game was declare a new generation of safes that don't need drills. So every safe dropped before this update requires drills, now with the Rust safe and all future safes, you can just open for free. You'll likely just get rust safes for a while as they get them to be unfucked in the steam market, but no more drills required for future safes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Daryl Surat posted:

Both sample builds above operate under the idea of "Anarchist has less health anyway, so you may as well Ace Berserker and Frenzy so you'll always do 1.4x - 2x damage." With Anarchist, your base health is always going to be 115 instead of the usual 230, regardless of your armor type. Your dodge at 3 detection with the maximum +10% dodge from Sneaky Bastard is 15 in a suit or 5 in LBV. Same as Grinder. So no matter what you're not going to be dodging too many shots, and unlike Grinder you have no higher base health or health regen (unless you dump a bunch of points to get Ace Hostage Taker). So you need to rely on the higher base armor (suit with Anarchist has about 200 armor, which is higher than base ICTV), higher armor regen rate from wearing the suit, plus Ace Bullseye for 25 armor per headshot. But if you run with shotguns per your recommendation to better guarantee those headshots, most aren't so hot at low detection aside from one or two with low fire rates (Mosconi, Raven, etc). It can work.

But when you look at the armor bonus you get, I feel like you're better off being the fattest of fat suits because in ICTV with Anarchist, you have 400.4 armor! The passive regen is only slightly less than a suit's, and you've still got the 25 armor regen per headshot from Bullseye Ace. Plus, if someone on the team has a dodge build with Second Wind aced (very common) you'll be running around at speeds comparable to a suit most of the time as well. I'm not so sold on Berserker Ace plus Frenzy Ace, but if you continue to run with shotguns using them you can Ace Close By, then fire Dragon's Breath rounds from a Izhma or Steakout with +15 magazine rounds at 92-100 stability for 80+ damage a shot (not counting Underdog or Overkill). This still works well on Death Wish even without Berserk or Frenzy, so the damage buff you get in exchange for making your max health be 34.5 instead of 115 might not really be needed.

EDIT: Maybe a baseline build for an Anarchist ICTV would be something like this? This is assuming Reddit or Long Guide or whatever is correct and that Shock and Awe does not have any effect on Anarchist armor regen.

There is actually an unintended bug with Frenzy right now where the damage reduction to health damage is also applying to armor, which is skewing your view of Anarchist ICTV's effectiveness.