Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

khwarezm posted:

(notracist)

criticism of mass immigration doesnt boil down to racism. if the left doesnt figure this out the right is going to reap the rewards all over the place. which kinda worries me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Velkest posted:

How dare you not want more islamic terrorism in your country. What a lack of solidarity, Brits.

this is just their culture, to push back would be as bad or worse than nazism

- he said as the scimitar, glinting in the sun, swung down upon his neck

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

RaceBannon posted:

criticism of mass immigration doesnt boil down to racism. if the left doesnt figure this out the right is going to reap the rewards all over the place. which kinda worries me
therefore we must not make fun of actual, for real racists

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

khwarezm posted:

'I might hate the Muslims but at least I'm not ageist!'

even Saudi Arabia is not taking in refugees, with the stated reason being possible terrorists among them. do the Saudis hate muslims too?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

I just can't believe the remainers lost with this attitude. Maybe next time double down on crying racist; you probably didn't do it hard enough this time.

It doesn't matter. There are more intelligent, thoughtful, and brave people in the UK than there are idiots and remainders.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

RaceBannon posted:

Criticism of Mass Migration that fixates on a particular ethnic group (whose immigration probably won't be that heavily effected by Brexit hilariously) and constantly stokes fear about how they are about to murder everyone around them kind of is a bit racist actually!

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

khwarezm posted:

Criticism of Mass Migration that fixates on a particular ethnic group (whose immigration probably won't be that heavily effected by Brexit hilariously) and constantly stokes fear about how they are about to murder everyone around them kind of is a bit racist actually!

ISIS: Not about to murder everyone around them. Fair enough.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Velkest posted:

ISIS: Not about to murder everyone around them. Fair enough.

Every inhabitant of Turkey, Albania and Bosnia are part of ISIS now.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Prettz posted:

therefore we must not make fun of actual, for real racists
yes you can point out specific instances of racism and name and shame specific people. don't just dismiss huge swathes of people as racist while making vague handwaving motions

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe if a second referendum happens you guys could just set up loudspeakers on every street corner with a piping 18-year-old's voice repeating "racist" on a continuous 24-hour loop? Maybe that would do the trick?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:munch:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

khwarezm posted:

(notracist)

Remember when you look at these images, Britain wasn't a member of the Schengen agreement.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its cool how one side says "you cant make them less racist by screaming RACISM" and then the other side goes "LOOK AT THIS RACISM"

the actual point just completely flies over their heads

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FFS it's not even been two days and you lot are worried about the apocalypse.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

khwarezm posted:

Every inhabitant of Turkey, Albania and Bosnia are part of ISIS now.

He said, as Erdogan started to rub shoulders with Hamas just now.

Speaking of the other two, I don't see why you'd want potentially unlimited immigration from any country, muslim or not.
Seems like it'd be better to pick who you want to let in your country, instead of having an EU dictate it to you.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

britain retake iraq and france occupy the rhine imo

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Neurolimal posted:

Its cool how one side says "you cant make them less racist by screaming RACISM" and then the other side goes "LOOK AT THIS RACISM"

I don't actually care that much that they remain, I'm Irish. I'm just taking the opportunity to laugh at how dumb and racist the English are as they start to dissolve their own country and throw the economy off kilter.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

the only reaction a guy will receive for that histronics is a shot bird or other profane regional gesture, as the results have shown

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
the queen should declare war on scotland and subjugate them, as is their rightful place imo

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Velkest posted:

even Saudi Arabia is not taking in refugees, with the stated reason being possible terrorists among them. do the Saudis hate muslims too?

You don't understand, Saudi Arabia has legitimate reasons. They have tribes and it's harder to integrate since their society is more closed and we have to respect that. Britain is claiming to be and enlightened, multicultural society so based on that they should accept everyone. Also they had an Empire and every nation who had an empire already has payed it's dues to those it oppressed and it would be shameful if they didn't.
The Earth doesn't have natural borders and nations don't have the right to erect any. Trying to screen who enters your country is akin to eugenics and most academia would agree with this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

khwarezm posted:

'I might hate the Muslims but at least I'm not ageist!'

All isms are bad, even ageism. That's why I'm choosing to be an ismist. Get ahead of the curve.

In 300 yards your offspring will all be railing against my conservative philosophy of everything being equal and awesome in every way. They'll take to the streets and start creating new differences among themselves just so they can have someone to hate.

Hopefully my descended earlobe descendants prevail against the skimpy earlobed.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

RaceBannon posted:

Profiling immigrants as terrorists and moochers is racist

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
All isms are bad except for ismism, even though it is an ism it is a different kind of ism.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Take the money we would have sent to Brussels and now spend it on Sea Patrol.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

corpuscollossus posted:

Profiling immigrants as terrorists and moochers is racist

Can you define refugee in a way that does not overlap with mooching?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Eonwe posted:

is it safe to say that if they revoted today they'd vote to remain pretty handily?

Sure, but that would happen with just about any vote that resulted in a close to 50/50 split. All the people who wanted the losing side to win but didn't vote show up the second time around. That's why voting isn't best of three.

Blacktoll posted:

Please explain your people. All bullshit aside I had the idea that Britain had an excellent and functioning government.

List of countries with excellent and functioning governments:

i dunno, New Zealand I guess? or maybe Bhutan, they have that gross national happiness thing that seems like a very chill way to run a country.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Heh. That's good.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

the queen should declare war on scotland and subjugate them, as is their rightful place imo

I thought that James VI united the thrones of Scotland and England. How can there be a question about splitting up again ????

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Heath posted:

texit related: is there literally any factor in texas leaving the US that wouldn't improve the US dramatically at the expense of our worst citizens?

we'd lose access to the good brisket

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dicky B posted:

yes you can point out specific instances of racism and name and shame specific people. don't just dismiss huge swathes of people as racist while making vague handwaving motions

The key thing here is, calling 52% of the population racist means they stop caring when you call that one guy racist who does terrible poo poo. Screaming and writing off 52% of the population is ideological suicide, you might as well surrender to /pol/.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's perfectly okay and totally not a sign of immaturity or ignorance to be mad at middle eastern immigrants for attempting to seek refuge in the countries that caused the terrorists to rise to power in the first place

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Earwicker posted:

we'd lose access to the good brisket

there are enough texas transplants living in other states who brought their craft along with them so I think we're good there

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I guess people started to march demanding another referendum :cheers:

Burn Big Ben down !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XYBIUGJvzs

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it's perfectly okay and totally not a sign of immaturity or ignorance to be mad at middle eastern immigrants for attempting to seek refuge in the countries that caused the terrorists to rise to power in the first place

phew, its a good thing you squatted that out in a place where people are arguing that racism is super cool, it would be a quite embarassing log otherwise

client
Aug 19, 2010

the grammar in this one is so bad lol

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

But they are not going to America.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Yes they are??

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Chichevache posted:

All isms are bad except for ismism, even though it is an ism it is a different kind of ism.

look at this bozo forgetting all about onanism

and Full Communism

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
And a shitton of them are not even from the Middle-East, but rather parts of Africa that are suspiciously peaceful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Velkest posted:

But they are not going to the middle east

There, I fixed that for you. Unless, of course, you feel middle Easterners are too stupid or weak to express self-determination and are purely driven by animal instinct to become terrorists. Then I guess it would be fair to blame others for their actions...

• Locked thread