Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

Sintax posted:

If you use shadowsboost, then if your framerate drops below fTargetFramerate (in the shadowboost.ini), it will continue to lower the shadow render distance until your framerate is above that limit. You can try pushing out the minimum shadow distance by increasing fShadowDrawDistMin.

Yeah I must have fat fingered that ini value somehow, it was showing a value of 48 :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nevets posted:

Are you sure it's that mod which is doing it? Don't Call Me Settler does all those things, too.

My bad, you're right!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rasmussen posted:

I want to send Marcy to bovine university, the cow.

Can you do that? What happens to essential NPCs who go through a factory?

Is their meat still alive?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

FlyinPingu posted:

that would imply it's just for brahmin!

:unsmigghh:

As the age old moral of the story goes, never ask what hot dogs are made of.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Syndlig posted:

(effortpost)
This is good stuff.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I tried to download MO2 Beta 3 off github and windows said it had a trojan is this a false positive?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
THANK YOU for the awesome settlement mod post! It's just what I was hoping for!

cheesetriangles posted:

I tried to download MO2 Beta 3 off github and windows said it had a trojan is this a false positive?

Considering that I'm also using 2.0.7, the version that is, I hope it is! (It's fine.)

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Just re-found a mod I used to love, no clue on how compatible it is any more since it was last updated on March 30, pre-Contraption. Expanded Settlement Buildings by FloorBelow, adds 17 new walls/floors/bridges from a combination of unused vanilla variants and asset combination.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

FlyinPingu posted:

that would imply it's just for brahmin!

:unsmigghh:

I like the box labelled "bone"

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
What mod is it that adds a "Khala" option to settlement workbenches? I have no idea what it does.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Dr Snofeld posted:

What mod is it that adds a "Khala" option to settlement workbenches? I have no idea what it does.

That's the Increased Build Limit mod.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I have an interesting problem with MO 2.0.7. Whenever I use the 'Sort' button that activates the in-app LOOT, towards the end of the process lootcli.exe stops responding and crashes. This causes MO to freak the gently caress out and crash FO4 immediately on pressing launch. The only way to fix it is to close MO out, and when I relaunch it all of my plugins are unchecked and unsorted.

Both MO and lootcli have admin rights.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I've been having problems with the sort button, too. It always crashes with an error code of some string of numbers that I've Googled. I've tried launching LOOT via MO instead of using the sort button, but it only sorts half my list and pretends that's okay. So currently MO2 and sorting aren't agreeing together.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Even if it does work, it doesn't necessarily sort your mod order. Your best bet right now is to download LOOT and add it as a launch option to MO2.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Some people are saying that Settlement Keyword Extended is no longer the thing to have but it looks like it was updated yesterday. What's the news?

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Some people are saying that Settlement Keyword Extended is no longer the thing to have but it looks like it was updated yesterday. What's the news?

It's not that it's no longer the thing to have, it's just only useful to get if you use a lot of settlement mods. If all you use are a few small ones, especially if they don't have compatibility patches for SKE, it's a waste of a mod slot. A lot of the mods I use have no compatibility with SKE whatsoever, so I don't bother to use it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm pretty happy that the new contraptions DLC includes all sorts of ammo / weapons crafting. That makes many popular mods obsolete (or at least needing to be updated).

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Apoplexy posted:

Okay, which perk mod should I be using? I WAS going to start playing FO4 but now I gotta fix one more thing! ONE MORE MOD AND THEN I'LL PLAY!

I'm interested in this as well. Most of the ones that I've seen change actual perks have fiddly sperg poo poo I hate. I mean, they're kind of inherently fiddly sperg poo poo, but I'd like to see one that knows when to leave well enough alone.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
ENERGY WEAPOOONNNS!

You guys ever miss the Plasma Caster? IT'S BAAAACK.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I see they ripped the model directly from fallout 2

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SeanBeansShako posted:

ENERGY WEAPOOONNNS!

You guys ever miss the Plasma Caster? IT'S BAAAACK.

It's odd they put the caster in fallout shelter but not in 4

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Dr Snofeld posted:

Thank you SO much for asking and answering this. I always forget about wanting to ask or look this up after I play, it's been driving me nuts.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I dunno how the bethesda.net mod poo poo work but is there any way I could pay some enterprising goon 15 bucks to make a mod available on PS4 that has the following changes?

Removes the thing where scavenging stations stop scavenging when the settlement has too much junk (Why did they program this in? it pretty much means you need to go out and find a bunch of random poo poo to use the factories at all)
Removes or reduces the aim acceleration (if possible)
Player deals 1.5x more damage

Optional: Make junk with steel have twice as much steel in it.
Make scavenger stations find twice as much junk.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Thank you SO much for asking and answering this. I always forget about wanting to ask or look this up after I play, it's been driving me nuts.

So what does it do?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it increases the settlement building budget.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
This is interesting. The cell reset 'feature' was apparently fixed in the latest official patch according to people behind the workaround patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6772/

quote:

Ok everyone,
CELL RESET IS GONE! Lapdragon tested this morning and I took it up this afternoon and did our whole battery of tests and experiments. we developed quite a list of them during our original work on cell reset. There IS NO MORE CELL RESET. All Power Armors and frames are safe anywhere anytime. All containers anywhere are safe anytime. This is apparently part of patch 1.5.4. My tests ranged from pure vanilla *(no mods) to a combination of mods GUARANTEED to produce cell resets all over the commonwealth.

Robert

I honestly thought that would never happen.

gasman fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 25, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Babe Magnet posted:

I see they ripped the model directly from fallout 2

Jesus wept Nexus.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gasman posted:

This is interesting. The cell reset 'feature' was apparently fixed in the latest official patch according to people behind the workaround patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6772/

No way. Bethesda much have done this but made all Molerats shoot mini nukes or some dumb poo poo.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm not sure what the cell reset bug/feature was. Does that mean now that no containers ever respawn, even if the enemies do?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

My basic understanding was this: When you crawl out of Vault 111 for the first time, the game spawns all containers, including power armor frames, with a known contents. Sanctuary Container A might have some ammo and a pipe pistol, and Power Armor Frame B might have a T-45 head and left arm. You do your thing, going through the wasteland, and get to Sanctuary - you (for some reason) use Sanctuary Container A and put some guns in it. You find Power Armor Frame B, and deck it out with fully upgraded armor and complete the rest of the pieces. You then fast travel to Diamond City, and fast travel back. You find your neat Sanctuary Container A containing only some ammo and a pipe pistol, and your Power Armor Frame B now has a lovely head and left arm. All your stuff is gone because of the cell reset bug.

EDIT: I'm also probably wrong - there's something else to do with a "refresh" flag applied to certain containers, which some mods happen to exacerbate.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 26, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

gasman posted:

hmm, so when you revisit a random wilderness building or site after a long time in non-modded vanilla, will enemies respawn? will some containers like desks or whatever have money in them again?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
The way I understand it the cell reset bug would reset the contents of containers in settlements when it wasn't supposed to. Every so many days since the last time a player was in an area all the containers and enemies reset, except for settlements for obvious reasons. This included containers like ammo boxes, shelves, desks, etcetera and power armor frames comma but not containers that were built by the player. That's why one of the workaround for the cell reset bug was to only store your gear in containers you build yourself and use the mod which lets you build your own power armor frames. Supposedly the bug was exacerbated by any mods that made changes to the world space that settlements were in, it seemed that anything that changed the area of a settlement would change the flags on any containers in the settlement to act like normal containers in a dungeon or other area that resets every so many days, which would wipe out the contents of those containers and replace it with random loot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

C-c-c-c-cross posting!

I misspelled "Whiskey". I blame my day drinking and also general illiteracy.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 26, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nevets posted:

The way I understand it the cell reset bug would reset the contents of containers in settlements when it wasn't supposed to. Every so many days since the last time a player was in an area all the containers and enemies reset, except for settlements for obvious reasons. This included containers like ammo boxes, shelves, desks, etcetera and power armor frames comma but not containers that were built by the player. That's why one of the workaround for the cell reset bug was to only store your gear in containers you build yourself and use the mod which lets you build your own power armor frames. Supposedly the bug was exacerbated by any mods that made changes to the world space that settlements were in, it seemed that anything that changed the area of a settlement would change the flags on any containers in the settlement to act like normal containers in a dungeon or other area that resets every so many days, which would wipe out the contents of those containers and replace it with random loot.

this bug would wipe out your custom power armor with default stuff was sad

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Syndlig posted:

Big settlement effortpost incoming

Was thinking of getting back into fallout 4 soon and this was a great post.

Are there any good weapon overhauls, survival mode overhauls or gameplay overhauls that are worth looking into by now? the only real gameplay mod I had was the armorsmith extended just so I could wear different looking outfits without weakening myself.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Are there any good weapon overhauls, survival mode overhauls or gameplay overhauls that are worth looking into by now? the only real gameplay mod I had was the armorsmith extended just so I could wear different looking outfits without weakening myself.

Raider Overhaul, Super Mutants Redux, and Synth Overhaul CAST add a bunch of variety to their respective groups, as well as new armors and weapons that fit the theme. Armorsmith Extended has patches for RO and SMR, too.

Weaponsmith Extended adds a bunch of weapons, does nice things with level lists and thematically appropriate weapons for different factions, and has weapon rebalancing to make high-end weapons feel less puny, but only use it if you're willing to deal with having several dozen different ammo calibers that can randomly spawn on appropriate weapons.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Was thinking of getting back into fallout 4 soon and this was a great post.

plugging my Weapon Balance Overhaul mod linked in the OP. Rebalances and overhauls vanilla weapons, making sure every weapon is good at something, so pipe weapons aren't utterly obsolete and the combat rifle doesn't overpower literally everything.

Also has the side effect of making vanilla weapons usable after you've installed modded weapons.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Crossposting to share screenshots of my bar in Starlight Drive In - I wanted to work with the stock projector building, so I did. I clipped the cafe stalls from Better Stores and did some organizing. Looks pretty great I think!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
God damnit. I get playing and find myself with this exact problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOnA53mcIME Any ideas on how to fix it? :(

edit: A few .ini tweaks and removing ENB (for ENBoost, not effects) later, seems to be fixed. I'll have to see if it was the .ini tweaks or ENB now.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

The Iron Rose posted:

plugging my Weapon Balance Overhaul mod linked in the OP. Rebalances and overhauls vanilla weapons, making sure every weapon is good at something, so pipe weapons aren't utterly obsolete and the combat rifle doesn't overpower literally everything.

Also has the side effect of making vanilla weapons usable after you've installed modded weapons.

Any plans to update it to include the Far Harbor weapons?