Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

forkboy84 posted:

He's justified it to himself as saying he wants to focus on the future of the country. His idea of focusing on the future of the country at a time of constitutional crisis is turning inwards & having a squabble among Labour MPs. What a loving genius.

Meanwhile Andy "Weathercock" Burnham isn't backing the coup. Is that good or has the weathercock once again misjudged which way the wind is blowing?

Especially as the loving Shadow Scottish Secretary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Hoops posted:

I cannot believe how much mental poo poo is going on right now. And just how mental many of them are. It's honestly difficult to fully comprehend.

The irony being that many of the people who voted for this to happen will be blissfully unaware of it all.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

forkboy84 posted:

He's justified it to himself as saying he wants to focus on the future of the country. His idea of focusing on the future of the country at a time of constitutional crisis is turning inwards & having a squabble among Labour MPs. What a loving genius.

Meanwhile Andy "Weathercock" Burnham isn't backing the coup. Is that good or has the weathercock once again misjudged which way the wind is blowing?

I liked Andy Burnham, and I continue to like him today.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

forkboy84 posted:

He's probably just keeping his hands clean in case he gets a chance to run for leader again.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

https://twitter.com/andyburnhammp/status/747036425359622144
https://twitter.com/andyburnhammp/status/747036912641318912
https://twitter.com/andyburnhammp/status/747037387465826304

He's a good ladroid who means well.

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!

forkboy84 posted:

I reckon Watson has been having Firm Words With People

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Hoops posted:

I cannot believe how much mental poo poo is going on right now. And just how mental many of them are. It's honestly difficult to fully comprehend.

It definitely feels pretty un nerving. People seem to have no idea what is happening.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Question on Scotland: if Sturgeon did end up deciding to call indyref2 and passed it through Holyrood but couldn't get Westminster agreement, what would happen? Could she feasibly just hold it anyway then unilaterally declare independence if the vote went that way. Not strictly legal I guess but what exactly is London going to do? March the army up?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

:unsmith:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ThomasPaine posted:

Question on Scotland: if Sturgeon did end up deciding to call indyref2 and passed it through Holyrood but couldn't get Westminster agreement, what would happen? Could she feasibly just hold it anyway then unilaterally declare independence if the vote went that way. Not strictly legal I guess but what exactly is London going to do? March the army up?

No, she would veto brexit, which scotland is entitled to do.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Isn't there a Jamie Donaldson type Corbyn can unleash on the PLP?

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!
The PM is nowhere to be seen, Osborne has disappeared off the face of the earth, Brexit group is in a weird tailspin of take-backs, Labour is eating itself alive & a new indyref is p much assured.

The London Stock Exchange is opening in 20 hours.

Lol.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The british really know how to ginger things up a bit

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Isn't there a Jamie Donaldson type Corbyn can unleash on the PLP?

Tom Watson but he's really hungover/on a mandy come down.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Have a read of her Wikipedia page.

I don't think she'll be much of a loss.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I'm tired of being called a Tory Lite said the Blairite as he commited suicide over an internal party split

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

StoneOfShame posted:

Tom Watson but he's really hungover/on a mandy come down.

I also meant Jamie McDonald, not the golfer. It's too early

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Shakespearean Beef posted:

The PM is nowhere to be seen, Osborne has disappeared off the face of the earth, Brexit group is in a weird tailspin of take-backs, Labour is eating itself alive & a new indyref is p much assured.

Lol.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shakespearean Beef posted:

Lol.

I'm sure glad I don't have a pension, because if I did there'd be nothing left. Shame for my parents though.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

CoolCab posted:

I'm tired of being called a Tory Lite said the Blairite as he commited suicide over an internal party split

Perfect.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

CoolCab posted:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Don't know how much of this is true but:

https://www.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/media_set?set=a.10101369198638985&type=3

Really coming out of the woodworks there.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

forkboy84 posted:

I'm sure glad I don't have a pension, because if I did there'd be nothing left. Shame for my parents though.

If you're young, you're more likely to be fine with a pension when it comes to stuff like this - it's the people that are just about to retire that are really hosed.

You know, like the demographic that voted Leave.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

orange sky posted:

https://www.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/media_set?set=a.10101369198638985&type=3

That's the second time today I've been forcibly exposed to Rafael Behr's face without any warning. Pretty sure that constitutes assault.

But kidding aside, this is loving horrifying. This proves that more than ever we need a strong bash-the-fash movement to keep these contemptible scum from killing people.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/carldinnen/status/747039508814766080

What a loss.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

orange sky posted:

Why would you doubt it?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

qhat posted:

I liked Andy Burnham, and I continue to like him today.
Yeah this weathercock thing is bullshit, he's a respectable and committed left wing politician who wants to renationalise the railways, was a big part of both the Hillsborough inquiry and Mid Staffs and who once got in a taxi with the Sun logo on the side. If you go through his career he's done exactly what I hope my MP would do about 80% of the time, which is a rate that compares to anyone's. He's a very good Labour Party MP and I think he'd be great as King in the North.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Holyrood can't unilaterally block Brexit.

They can hold IndyRef 2 on their own but Westminster is under no obligation to obey it. Chaos reigns, etc.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
so when we're stuck on this lovely little island together and everything is worse and everyone hates each other and half the population are directly to blame how long till things get really ugly

like I think there are going to be a lot of very pissed off young people if we've just voted for recession

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Hoops posted:

Yeah this weathercock thing is bullshit, he's a respectable and committed left wing politician who wants to renationalise the railways, was a big part of both the Hillsborough inquiry and Mid Staffs and who once got in a taxi with the Sun logo on the side. If you go through his career he's done exactly what I hope my MP would do about 80% of the time, which is a rate that compares to anyone's. He's a very good Labour Party MP and I think he'd be great as King in the North.

Before Jeremy Corbyn joined the race he was pushing pretty hard to the right wing.

Mr N
Oct 20, 2010
Do we think Burnham is perhaps just trying to position himself as on the side of the membership, in case of another leadership election?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Darth Walrus posted:

Have a read of her Wikipedia page.

I don't think she'll be much of a loss.
Another cowardly quitter who criticises Corbyn for lacking the support she failed to provide and provides no suggestions as to how he could have done any better nor who could replace him.

Pissflaps, are you the entire Shadow Cabinet Coup group & if so how many £5s can I claim?

I'd say 'who'd have thought it would be him as the voice of reason' but even during the campaign he struck me as a Party man through and through who had been quoting Blairism because that was what Labour MPs did. He has never seemed to actually have much drive of his own, and it's heartening to see him realise that it's so much better to actually unite behind a leader with a huge groundswell of popular support.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Hoops posted:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/747033387622350848

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Antti posted:

Holyrood can't unilaterally block Brexit.

They can hold IndyRef 2 on their own but Westminster is under no obligation to obey it. Chaos reigns, etc.

It involves changes to the Scotland Act. That requires consent of Holyrood. This is not the opinion of fringe ScotNats, but a House of Lords report on the matter, with expert opinion from a former judge.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
hope is a mistake

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Mr N posted:

Do we think Burnham is perhaps just trying to position himself as on the side of the membership, in case of another leadership election?

He's probably trying not to rock the boat too hard before his mayoral run.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

so when we're stuck on this lovely little island together and everything is worse and everyone hates each other and half the population are directly to blame how long till things get really ugly

like I think there are going to be a lot of very pissed off young people if we've just voted for recession

Try Friday. I'm amazed and appalled at how quickly everything is unravelling, and I strongly suspect we ain't seen nothing yet.

XMNN posted:

hope is a mistake

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

The Daily Mail is reporting that 1.1 million people regret voting leave, based on a poll in Mail on Sunday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660294/May-Tory-stop-Boris-PM-poll-shows-emerges-1-1million-people-regret-voting-Leave.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
I'm genuinely having a laughing fit over how the Tories have gone in hiding to avoid any responsibility and thus nobody aside from Cameron has resigned over this, and Labour has taken this as a lack of commitment and has decided to fill up the media cycle with their own resignations.

Not even the Lib Dems were this good at taking the flak for the Tories.

• Locked thread