Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

tenspott posted:

More or less stupid than the people who never got further than 25 miles from where they were born now complaining they can't go to France for a job?

Or the girl who put the actual argument forward as part of the audience on a live television debate that the UK should stay in the EU because her mobile phone bill was expensive when she travelled abroad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Danger Mahoney posted:

Congrats on being pissed off I suppose. I'm guessing you must be an investment banker since nothing is going to change for anyone but them.

well, it'll change for the immigrants

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

spud posted:

I am pissed off we are leaving as I do a lot of work in Europe (or did...we are having massive debates at work at the moment about the impact, including moving offices and staff), but I am even more pissed off that so many people that were vehemently "LEAVE!" as a loving protest vote against the government and immigration, rather than the EU as a whole, who never expected us to actually leave, now don't know if they made the right choice. A lot have poo poo like holiday homes in Spain and take 2 holidays a year on the contintent. Bunch of loving retards.

I am not a millenial either.

Check yourself before you brexit yourself.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

corn in the bible posted:

well, it'll change for the immigrants

They can just immigrate some more

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Danger Mahoney posted:

Congrats on being pissed off I suppose. I'm guessing you must be an investment banker since nothing is going to change for anyone but them.

How does this work? I fly to Norway, do some work for 2 weeks....then I fly home. Then I fly to Ireland for a few months, do some work, then fly home...I wouldn't have minded emigrating to scandinavia at some point either. All this required no visa at any point.

Please can you link me to the font of knowledge that explains how everything will work RE the movement of labour across Europe that you seem to have?

And, no I work in IT.

I wish I was a banker.

e: Why did you assume I was a banker? Do you think noone else works outside the space of our little island?

spud fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 26, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wit posted:

To get in a second time and garner support from the whole party, he pandered to the anti-europe contingent of old boy tories in the party. Then he caved to pressure from his backbenchers and actually kept one of the election promises they ran on. So like, at least he didn't lie or cheat anyone into it. He just made no effort to tell people "holy god, I do not want this" enough.

The whole thing is basically the old saying about being hoisted on your own petard.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

How does this work? I fly to Norway, do some work for 2 weeks....then I fly home. Then I fly to Ireland for a few months, do some work, then fly home...I wouldn't have minded emigrating to scandinavia at some point either.

Please can you link me to the font of knowledge that explains how everything will work RE the movement of labour across Europe that you seem to have?

And, no I work in IT.

I wish I was a banker.

Odds are you'll end up with some form of open border, but assuming you don't you'll do it the way everyone else in the world does. People travel internationally for work all the time with no problem.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

How does this work? I fly to Norway, do some work for 2 weeks....then I fly home. Then I fly to Ireland for a few months, do some work, then fly home...I wouldn't have minded emigrating to scandinavia at some point either. All this required no visa at any point.

And, no I work in IT.

I wish I was a banker.

e: Why did you assume I was a banker? Do you think noone else works outside the space of our little island?

Canadians work in the US and vice versa all time time. There are even special fast pass customs lines where they glance up from their newspaper before waving you through. Just relax. You'll be fine.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Look, you can either be an integrant or an immican't.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

ALL HAIL THE NEW FLESH

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tenspott posted:

Canadians work in the US and vice versa all time time. There are even special fast pass customs lines where they glance up from their newspaper before waving you through. Just relax. You'll be fine.

You still need a work visa

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Danger Mahoney posted:

Odds are you'll end up with some form of open border, but assuming you don't you'll do it the way everyone else in the world does. People travel internationally for work all the time with no problem.

Yes we do.

Are you one of us?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hell I have a buddy who goes to loving China for work all the drat time. It's not hard.

Even if you're not working at all you can just get a same day visa and pop into a country for half a drat year to dick around.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Best summary of what happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXKv07ghKIw

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I know of a huge, unified, English-speaking, professionally run economic zone that the Brits could consider joining.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Danger Mahoney posted:

tenspott posted:

No but you see we will literally be locked out of Europe and they wont trade with us which means I'll never be able to own that Mercedes I've always dreamed of and the diversity of the UK will suffer because all you will see now is endless lines of slightly portly middle-aged white men with monocles and we wont have any food because all our farms will have closed because they're all propped up by EU subsidies and our lack of open borders will somehow let all the terrorists through to blow us up all day and that.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maoist Pussy posted:

I know of a huge, unified, English-speaking, professionally run economic zone that the Brits could consider joining.

I would love to join that, but do you want 65million people that are pretty much inbred bog men?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

I would love to join that, but do you want 65million people that are pretty much inbred bog men?

the answer is no, accompanied by a hearty laugh

XVIII
Jul 11, 2007
londish by injection
"There were 4.8 million non-UK passports held by usual residents of England and Wales in 2011, accounting for 9 per cent of the resident population. Of these, 2.3 million were EU (non-UK) passports"
(Source: office for national statistics)

Permanent residents should have had a say. Non-Commonwealth residents were excluded. I'm not happy my future is someone else's decision. Like, really someone else's, not like I have MEPs representing me but I hate it.

Going to chuck my tea in the harbor, brb.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Sir your presentation was great but we would feel more comfortable awarding this contract to a firm that can figure out how to work for a short time in another country"

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So Boris has completely bottled it by the sounds of it. Why even campaign for leave then?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

spud posted:

Most of our procedures for dealing with in dealing with in-breds come from high-altitude regions, but there is also Florida, so it should be OK.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So Boris has completely bottled it by the sounds of it. Why even campaign for leave then?

they thought they'd lose

anyway he's thrown his hat into the ring now, with gove as his number 2. It;s amazing the amount of poo poo that happens at night when things get real

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

they thought they'd lose

anyway he's thrown his hat into the ring now, with gove as his number 2. It;s amazing the amount of poo poo that happens at night when things get real

There's no election to replace cameron right?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

To get Cameron out of the way. The Queen is his next target, before you know it we'll have King Boris.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
my maternal grandparents are Irish, I wonder whether I ought to get on the irish citizenship train

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Same, except my great, greatmother was a Cherokee princess. Thinking about moving to a reservation.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

XVIII posted:

"There were 4.8 million non-UK passports held by usual residents of England and Wales in 2011, accounting for 9 per cent of the resident population. Of these, 2.3 million were EU (non-UK) passports"
(Source: office for national statistics)

Permanent residents should have had a say. Non-Commonwealth residents were excluded. I'm not happy my future is someone else's decision. Like, really someone else's, not like I have MEPs representing me but I hate it.

Going to chuck my tea in the harbor, brb.

when your descendants have lived and died on the rainy isles for 4000 years you can have a say m8

edit: as your profile says youre in liverpool you can have a say if youll garrison the city wall when we secede

buckets of buckets fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 26, 2016

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

lol if you think you will work in the EU as a Brit following the next two years.

yeah you can do your business trip on a schengen-visa if you like, like everyone else except americans who don't need no visa cause they cool

but actual work, you need a work visa boy. and you can not get it inside, you gotta exit, stand in line, wait three months or more, then enter again. Or not, because by law firms need to hire EU citizens before you. The labor ministries/departments (depending on country) might also just decline your application if you ain't in IT or engineering or whatever we need atm.
just talked to a lawyer the other day about the "job search visa" available for Germany, has been introduced couple of years ago. As far as he and his lawyer society thing is aware, it has been awarded a grand total of zero times ever. lol
this, by the way, is what not EU people face right now if they wanna try to find a job and it applies 1:1 to you then also, so ask them Turks and Syrians and Bangladeshi for some fun stories on how they'll "wave you through"

you'll be fine tho for your summer holiday just plan in advance, depending on how rear end in a top hat the EU wanna be on this

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 26, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
farrt

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
thinking about becoming a gay and moving to homoslavia or the isle of lesbos

those are in the EU, right?

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

reallivedinosaur posted:

People from lesbos are really mad about lesbians

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

reallivedinosaur posted:

yes, one is in greece and the other is i think now called sweden

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

parliament can call an election if they want. or if they can't decide on things eventually one will happen automatically

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

quote:

but actual work, you need a work visa boy. and you can not get it inside, you gotta exit, stand in line, wait three months or more, then enter again. Or not, because by law firms need to hire EU citizens before you.

Wow, that sounds terrible and bad. I hate that people can work in their home nation more easily than importing someone from overseas.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

the main party in government will select their leader through an internal election. we don't have a presidential system here so in principle you don't directly vote for who the prime minister will be

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

Wow, that sounds terrible and bad. I hate that people can work in their home nation more easily than importing someone from overseas.

i dont thing he meant it as a bad thing but rather as a thing uk people maybe didnt realize would affect them

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Boner Slaem posted:

lol if you think you will work in the EU as a Brit following the next two years.

yeah you can do your business trip on a schengen-visa if you like, like everyone else except americans who don't need no visa cause they cool

but actual work, you need a work visa boy. and you can not get it inside, you gotta exit, stand in line, wait three months or more, then enter again. Or not, because by law firms need to hire EU citizens before you. The labor ministries/departments (depending on country) might also just decline your application if you ain't in IT or engineering or whatever we need atm.
just talked to a lawyer the other day about the "job search visa" available for Germany, has been introduced couple of years ago. As far as he and his lawyer society thing is aware, it has been awarded a grand total of zero times ever. lol
this, by the way, is what not EU people face right now if they wanna try to find a job and it applies 1:1 to you then also, so ask them Turks and Syrians and Bangladeshi for some fun stories on how they'll "wave you through"

you'll be fine tho for your summer holiday just plan in advance, depending on how rear end in a top hat the EU wanna be on this

I would definitely trust what your lawyer friend says because it's not like if you google 'german jobseeker visa success rate' the first hit gets you a forum with dozens of people who have successfully got one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Kind of hoping that this works out well for Northern Irish people with two passports (henceforth known as daywalkers) in the workplace. We can reach the places you can't! Giz a job!

• Locked thread