Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

peter gabriel posted:

I play on an ipad

What if they released an ipad app for star citizen where you can take care of your commando's needs like pooping so you dont have to do it while playing the game

Oh boy. I bet getting some kind of dumb Star Citizen related app up right now for $10 $50 would be a gold mine for them.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sankis posted:

What if they released an ipad app for star citizen where you can take care of your commando's needs like pooping so you dont have to do it while playing the game

Oh boy. I bet getting some kind of dumb Star Citizen related app up right now for $10 $50 would be a gold mine for them.

Anxious to get my hands on the iPad Star Citizen tie-in.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhJLCoQ04lU&t=19s

This is so bad, I wonder how much CIG spent on it.

That is sooo bad.

Its toobad they didnt T-Pose the one marine who didnt grav boots.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tippis posted:

I'm stuck on the first one, never mind the idiotic answer. Where does he get the number 264 from? Why does he think you'll be able to land on stars?
:confused:

Oh nvm. It's 264 and G0RF is just bad at quoting. :D
hey - don't sell me short man. I'm also bad at formatting and math!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Anxious to get my hands on the iPad Star Citizen tie-in.

Anxious to get my hands on the maxiPads Star Citizen tie in.

Star Citizen - it's got wings

Best drat Space Sim Period.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

I play on an ipad

By the time SC is out, the iPad will be well above maximum spec.

G0RF posted:

hey - don't sell me short man. I'm also bad at formatting and math!

Oh, well that explains everything. Especially all the catte pictures.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

By the time SC is out, the iPad will be well above maximum spec.

Not possible.

In the future, melt tokens will be given out by CIG to people after melting their PCs with the lovely unoptimized code they have.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Procedurally Generated Bargaining is one of the 5 steps of feeling grief.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

on the topic of unprofessional people making games and stealing assets i just read about divergence (its been around a while, the incidents im going to link happened in january apparently) and saw a post one of its two devs made in response to getting a bad review, thought you guys would find it funny

https://www.facebook.com/groups/415812755276522/permalink/439913049533159/

quote:

Oh, it it lonely indeed atop mount Olympus! Lest I lower myself to mingle with the unwashed masses who use the (personal, plebeian, illiterate, peasant)-version of something. Let us all, lowly wealthyfolk look down upon this sad soul for we are such elevated beings hoho, hah hah hah!

again this is one of the devs speaking, publicly

he also goes into the comments section on steam reviews of his game and rages out in there a few times

example:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/madoc4214/recommended/422940/

based on reviews it sounds like they just literally stole a lot of poo poo from SWG, reskinned assets, straight up put in sound effects and stuff from SWG

i suspect the reason it hasn't been stomped on is it's pretty small

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 26, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Some people just can't take criticism :(

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Some people just can't take criticism :(

WHAT THE FUCDK did you say baout me??

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

A Spider Covets posted:

on the topic of unprofessional people making games and stealing assets i just read about divergence (its been around a while, the incidents im going to link happened in january apparently) and saw a post one of its two devs made in response to getting a bad review, thought you guys would find it funny

https://www.facebook.com/groups/415812755276522/permalink/439913049533159/

again this is one of the devs speaking, publicly

he also goes into the comments section on steam reviews of his game and rages out in there a few times

example:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/madoc4214/recommended/422940/

based on reviews it sounds like they just literally stole a lot of poo poo from SWG, reskinned assets, straight up put in sound effects and stuff from SWG

i suspect the reason it hasn't been stomped on is it's pretty small

To be fair to this guy he probably actually did hit Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or photoshop when stealing assets.

Ben just sucks in food like megaman charging and is a complete unprofessional piece of poo poo about other peoples work not his own.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

WHAT THE FUCDK did you say baout me??

You're a handsome person and I wish my postcount was higher than yours.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fat Shat Sings posted:

To be fair to this guy he probably actually did hit Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or photoshop when stealing assets.

Ben just sucks in food like Kirby charging and is a complete unprofessional piece of poo poo about other peoples work not his own.

:colbert:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Regrettable posted:

Nvidia's latest drivers have their newest cards running at about 1200mhz just to run multi-monitor displays without even being in-game and supposedly they bricked some people's gpu's with an update a not too long ago, so both companies have lovely drivers right now.

But there are degrees of shittiness, and NVidia seems to have the less lovely then. (2Gb EVGA GTX 760 with current drivers right now). The only real funkiness I have had with them is that I had to jump through a few hoops, including renaming the main executable to "CoDSP" to get Stubbs The Zombie working.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

heh yeah. They simply have no argument. They're just used to poo poo-posting online.

Hilarious that when we invited MoMa (hey **real** MoMa, was that really you?) he promptly declined. lol!

Anyway, the stream archive is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDCi884lT58&feature=youtu.be

I wish it had been, Derek. I wouldn't have minded a spirited discussion.

D_Smart posted:

I am inclined to believe you because the wanker who was on the stream yesterday was too dumb (his postings); even by your standards. It's just curious that he was bringing up some of your same [bullshit legal] arguments (libel per se etc) here on SA; and clearly - like you - didn't even understand what it is he was saying.

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But if that was in fact you, take comfort in the thought that you're a loving coward who needs alts because you can't stand up like a man and own your poo poo. Even anon.

IIRC, I never accused you of libel here or elsewhere. There was a person (street roller or something) that mentioned it in an argument quite a few pages back, but I don't believe it was in regards to something you've said.

I think, to some degree, we've all armchair lawyered on these forums; we're allowed guilty of it. But none of my arguments (or counters) have been without merit.

In any case, if I was a coward, Derek, I would have left this thread about 2k posts ago, no? Like I said: I love this discussions here. I'm not going anywhere.

D_Smart posted:

What request was that, again? I forget.

That's when you threatened to reveal who I really was [:smuggo:] if I didn't post something to you under my Reddit account, or something ... Whatever, it's in the past.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Man, I'm starting to hear these moma posts in Dukat's voice.

Behold: Derek Smart, supreme arbiter of right and wrong in the universe! A man of such high game development calibre that he can... sit in judgement on all the rest of us!

fnox
May 19, 2013

Isn't Foundry 42 tasked entirely with working on SQ42? Who said anything about releasing procedural tech this year? Did they really claim that? Because if they did that's just irresponsible.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Good Dumplings posted:

Man, I'm starting to hear these moma posts in Dukat's voice.

Behold: Derek Smart, supreme arbiter of right and wrong in the universe! A man of such high game development calibre that he can... sit in judgement on all the rest of us!

I'll take that as a compliment. Gul was such a badass

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Buzzword watch: procgen

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

fnox posted:

Isn't Foundry 42 tasked entirely with working on SQ42? Who said anything about releasing procedural tech this year? Did they really claim that? Because if they did that's just irresponsible.

Yep, Chris stated in the most recent 10ftc that by patch 2.7 there would be procedural planets, a fully fleshed out Stanton star system, the nyx landing zone, and seamless integration with the social module. All by the end of this year.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

ManofManyAliases posted:

I think, to some degree, we've all armchair lawyered on these forums; we're allowed guilty of it. But none of my arguments (or counters) have been without merit.

It's not that your arguments are without merit, it's basically a "spirit" vs "letter" thing -- you want to argue the niche details of which drapes to put on the Titanic while it's sinking. You want to argue, tooth and nail, every single loving thing anyone says to you and you cant seem to actually admit fault (or even that you might be wrong) without trying to deflect it somehow.

You're not a poor debate partner, you're a terrible person to talk to and super passive aggressive in a smug way that makes you come off as a douchebag. This really isn't a platform for rigorous Socratic dialogue and open debate where someone's tone and attitude are completely off-topic.

You're a douchebag. You know how I know? You deny being a douchebag. I'm a douchebag. I accept it and try to work with it and grow as a person in that respect. That happened when I was like 16. But I had to admit it instead of trying to break down everyone's argument that I'm a douchebag detail by detail and refute it with logic.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 26, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhJLCoQ04lU&t=19s

This is so bad, I wonder how much CIG spent on it.

this is trying to be Red vs Blue for Star Citizen so bad. Which isn't a good thing.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

actually you know what I seem to remember myself and several other people telling you basically exactly this the first time you melted down and couldn't understand why people thought you were melting down... because in your head you had not lost on any of the points in debate

the same reason people dont really like you has been true all along, and it has nothing to do with your investment in Star Citizen

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

fnox posted:

CR said in the latest 10FTC that we'll Stanton system with Nyx debuting in 2.7, which is supposed to be out by the end of the year.

Who knows.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll take that as a compliment. Gul was such a badass

From the moment we arrived on Something Awful, it was clear that we were the superior race. But they couldn't accept that! They wanted to be treated as equals, when they most certainly were not. Graphically, technologically, culturally, we were almost a century ahead of them in every way! We did not choose to be the superior race! Fate handed us our role! And it would've been so much easier on everyone if the Goons had simply accepted their role!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

EminusSleepus posted:

Pusher spotted!!

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/745411431852453888

so the oval office is working for Frontier now?

Can we talk about this please? Did CiG steal from Frontier for loving Sandi Roberts in game character model? What the unholy gently caress?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

CR said in the latest 10FTC that we'll Stanton system with Nyx debuting in 2.7, which is supposed to be out by the end of the year.

Who knows.

Look in your heart

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

But no, day after day they clustered behind their paywall and prayed for comedy, and night after night they planted downvotes in our threads! Pride. Stubborn, unyielding pride! From the backer that manned my turrets to the condemned man toiling on YouTube to the troll skulking through the pads of Port Olisar. They all wore their pride like some twisted badge of honour!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ManofManyAliases posted:

Who knows.

img-list-of-every-broken-chris-roberts-promise.jpg

Also who gives a gently caress if they add a second system when the gameplay is poo poo and the game is a buggy badly optimized mess (only whales do).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Like I said: I love this discussions here. I'm not going anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zj3QFhFHdM&t=202s

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Just raises the question of what moma lost to go so loopy, because I don't think you can legally pledge your kids to CIG yet

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Coming in 2.8: you can glitch out and suffocate in hundreds of procedurally generated airlocks. Spawn dozens of unique pairs of ships clipping inside other ships and watch as they detonate or fling themselves away from the launchpad at lightspeed in 2160p at 2 fps.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good Dumplings posted:

From the moment we arrived on Something Awful, it was clear that we were the superior race. But they couldn't accept that! They wanted to be treated as equals, when they most certainly were not. Graphically, technologically, culturally, we were almost a century ahead of them in every way! We did not choose to be the superior race! Fate handed us our role! And it would've been so much easier on everyone if the Goons had simply accepted their role!

Good Dumplings posted:

But no, day after day they clustered behind their paywall and prayed for comedy, and night after night they planted downvotes in our threads! Pride. Stubborn, unyielding pride! From the backer that manned my turrets to the condemned man toiling on YouTube to the troll skulking through the pads of Port Olisar. They all wore their pride like some twisted badge of honour!

:golfclap:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Who knows.

Well Christ Roberts doesn't.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Lol at the way things snap into details as he approaches one of the ugliest spaceships I have ever seen.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

EminusSleepus posted:

Pusher spotted!!

:vince:

owned

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

Who knows.

How many times has Chris promised something in two weeks, a few months or before the end of the year? How many times has he delivered? This time will be no different.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

fnox posted:

this loving dumbass thinks they can get this all done when they've already demonstrated the only major engine feature they've added are local physics grids, which we can't even be certain aren't janky as gently caress hacks given how many problems they have with people randomly falling out of ships. The drat stations are all oriented the same direction in world space so whenever they add planets either they are going to have to rethink the entire way the engine handles gravity or there is no way in hell you can simply just fly down and land on them in one contiguous space

They'd counter this by posting that video of the commando running around on the amorphous blob of terrain and say that's proof it's working, well hey idiot! he is running around on the north pole which is oriented in the positive z axis! I guaranfuckingtee you they haven't solved making planets have 3-dimensional gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

EminusSleepus posted:

Pusher spotted!!

• Locked thread