Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

It was randleman what did the handstand knees iirc

could be. maybe both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHDrTizDQD3/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Apparently Shimada was actually telling him "Low Kick! Low Kick!" as in, "go ahead and kick this guy in the head, it's cool." OneFC had (maybe still has?) some weird ruleset where you have to wait for the referee's permission to kick a downed opponent. The fighter said he felt really bad about it afterwards http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2012/6/26/3118813/one-fc-4-zorobabel-moreira-roger-huerta-soccer-kick-knockout-did-not-want-to-mma

Yeah, a fighter needs permission to throw kicks to the head of a downed opponent it's really weird. More weird considering like someone else said, most kicks to the head of a downed opponent are usually after someone's already been dropped. In fact I think Reece Mclaren is the only fighter to survive a soccer kick to the head in One FC, or he might be the only fighter to take one and still win the two are probably connected.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Goddamnit Meathead

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i finished last weekends fight. the main fight kinda sucked

e: the rest of the card was cool tho

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/video-bellator-ufc-fighters-remember-kimbo-slice-a-drat-good-dude-who-cared-about-his-kids

matt mitrione being super classy talk in about the kimbonator

few other yfc guys like stephen thompson and sam alvey weigh in too

tumor looking batty posted:

i finished last weekends fight. the main fight kinda sucked

e: the rest of the card was cool tho

main fight was increidbly upsetting but people seem to love it, it wasn't as good as sam alvey vs elias theodorou though! some guy called me an ignorant swine for not liking the fight on bloodelbow

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meowbot posted:

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/video-bellator-ufc-fighters-remember-kimbo-slice-a-drat-good-dude-who-cared-about-his-kids

matt mitrione being super classy talk in about the kimbonator

few other yfc guys like stephen thompson and sam alvey weigh in too

main fight was increidbly upsetting but people seem to love it, it wasn't as good as sam alvey vs elias theodorou though! some guy called me an ignorant swine for not liking the fight on bloodelbow

I think it suffered greatly from going right after Cowboy

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Byolante posted:

I think it suffered greatly from going right after Cowboy

I think regardless of card placement, the only things that suffered greatly were the viewers

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Headbutts are legal in combat sambo and you do see the rare headbutt KO and they're loving awesone. Probably a terrible idea in a sport without headgear though. Still, I'd like to see headbutts to the chest be legal to give guys an extra option against closed guard.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

It was randleman what did the handstand knees iirc

fatherdog fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 26, 2016

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

The 12 to 6 elbow rule is dumb as poo poo but I'm happy to ban the 12 to 6 knee.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All Handstand move variations should be legal

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DJ Mikey B posted:

I'll tell you something as well, another possible opponent that hasn't been spoken about, and I was with him a couple of nights ago in New York. I bumped into him in New York and we got talking - Nick Diaz. Yeah, he's like, ‘Man, we should fight, we should fight.' I'm like, ‘Yeah, I'm down to fight you no problem.' And then he says, ‘But we have to do it at 178.' I'm like, ‘What do you mean 178?' Yeah, yeah, he said we do a catchweight at 178. I'm like, ‘Let's just do 185.' He's like, ‘Nope. 178.' So anyway, I had a good time with Nick, by the way, we had a couple of drinks and hung out, he's a good dude.

[...]

I don't know, he didn't elaborate and to be honest I'd had a couple of drinks, so I didn't really think to ask the question [about the catchweight]. He definitely wanted to fight at 178, which is kind of a curious weight. But there you go, there's another potential name.

yesssssssssssssss

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Even though Bisping has good cardio and boxing and a weight advantage, that's a fight I wouldn't be totally surprised to see one of those Nick Diaz death by a thousand cuts TKO wins

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Between Hendo, GSP, and Diaz it's crazy how Bisping could totally spend the next year defending the championship against opponents most people would wanna see while completely avoiding fighting anybody in the top 5 at mw.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Even though Bisping has good cardio and boxing and a weight advantage, that's a fight I wouldn't be totally surprised to see one of those Nick Diaz death by a thousand cuts TKO wins

I wouldn't be surprised to see that, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see it look like the version of Diaz/Condit that Diaz fans have constructed in their imaginations

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/24/12027906/nick-diaz-and-michael-bisping-discuss-potential-catchweight-collision]

yesssssssssssssss

Please god

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/26/12032882/conor-mcgregor-confident-that-hell-toy-with-nate-diaz-in-rematch

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bisping/Diaz for the MW title would be pretty awesome. Especially if Diaz wins.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i hope he does because thats the opposite of what everyone in this thread wants to happen

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I.N.R.I posted:

i hope he does because thats the opposite of what everyone in this thread wants to happen

i hope he wins and is made to fight robbie lawler

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

pretty much

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I just wanna see another neat SLX guard sweep

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Google Butt posted:

i hope he wins and is made to fight robbie lawler

Keg posted:

I just wanna see another neat SLX guard sweep

Dare to dream of both.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Regardless of the outcome I hope he goes back to featherweight where he's got some good title fights waiting for him.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I do want to see Conor perform much better in the rematch for a few reasons, but I'm kind of concerned when he thinks Diaz was only one or two strikes away from being finished. It just sounds like he's gonna fall into the same traps of loading up on power shots & gassing cause he thinks Nate is close to being finished when Nate and Nick are almost never "one or two shots from being done."

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 26, 2016

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
He's ducking Edgar hard.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Regardless of the outcome I hope he goes back to featherweight where he's got some good title fights waiting for him.

I don't think he's ever going back to featherweight.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Unfunny Poster posted:

Bisping/Diaz for the MW title would be pretty awesome. Especially if Diaz wins.

Imagine if both Diaz held the titles at the same time.

How close would Nate be to a title shot if he beats Conor again? Would UFC ride on his popularity and give him an immediate shot?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

manyak posted:

pretty much

how do you two feel about the Count defending his title?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

iLikeMidgets posted:

Imagine if both Diaz held the titles at the same time.

How close would Nate be to a title shot if he beats Conor again? Would UFC ride on his popularity and give him an immediate shot?

It really should go to Khabib at this point, but if Eddie Alvarez takes the belt from RDA then really anybody coming off some big wins would be fine. Nate wouldn't have any more or any less of a claim than like a half dozen guys at LW.

RDA vs Khabib 2 makes more sense than RDA vs Diaz 2, however, even if one is way more likely to do better on PPV than the other.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i don't much care who wins between nate and conor because the fight is ultimately meaningless but i hope it's as good as last time

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Is this a trick question? i dont really care one way or the other, the division is kinda crappy now and Bisping earned the title on a couple weeks notice, if he wants to do some weird vanity fight or fight Dan henderson im cool with that

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i don't much care who wins between nate and conor because the fight is ultimately meaningless but i hope it's as good as last time

For sure, the fight is meaningless. I enjoyed the first fight and I'm sure I'll enjoy the second one. I threw that question out there because well, we all that sometimes title shots aren't given on merits. There's plenty of dudes for RDA but I don't think it any of us would be shock if Diaz got it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat Bum Zen posted:

i hope anderson silva wins it from him in a way that makes both of them look good, and gives me $15000

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

colonel_korn posted:

OneFC had (maybe still has?) some weird ruleset where you have to wait for the referee's permission to kick a downed opponent.

Hahaha what the gently caress

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

So who do you guys think will be pulling out of 200 due to an injury? I feel like at two weeks we're in that late replacement sweet spot.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm just rooting for whichever outcome is funniest :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm just rooting for whichever outcome is funniest :D

lol

• Locked thread