Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Yes, someone has facts and detailed information and personal experience but *single google search* nyah nyah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Maoist Pussy posted:

Same, except my great, greatmother was a Cherokee princess. Thinking about moving to a reservation.

You're related to Elizabeth Warren?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

a happy snowman posted:

Yes, someone has facts and detailed information and personal experience but *single google search* nyah nyah!

poo poo, maybe you're right and his lawyer buddy is right and this mystical visa has never been issued and all these people posting that they actually have one are covering up for the fact that Germany will not let in labour from outside the EU under any circumstances.

I'm just glad that Britain has chosen to not let in anyone at all though because I hate all foreigners.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Wrecked Angle posted:

poo poo, maybe you're right and his lawyer buddy is right and this mystical visa has never been issued and all these people posting that they actually have one are covering up for the fact that Germany will not let in labour from outside the EU under any circumstances.

I'm just glad that Britain has chosen to not let in anyone at all though because I hate all foreigners.

Germany lets in loads of laborers from Syria. I'm sure a few Britons won't be a problem.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Arkanomen posted:

political and cultural genocide

lol you loving idiot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I guess those 405 regulations aren't a waste after all?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
When I say I hate all foreigners I obviously don't mean all foreigners. Like, I can put up with the Japanese and the Mexicans, the Africans and the Americans, the Saudi Arabians and the Chinese. Us brexiteers are just particularly racist against the people who look almost exactly like we do but speak a different language or speak English but with a different accent.. except for the Canadians, they're okay even if some do speak French.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

spud posted:

I am pissed off we are leaving as I do a lot of work in Europe (or did...we are having massive debates at work at the moment about the impact, including moving offices and staff), but I am even more pissed off that so many people that were vehemently "LEAVE!" as a loving protest vote against the government and immigration, rather than the EU as a whole, who never expected us to actually leave, now don't know if they made the right choice. A lot have poo poo like holiday homes in Spain and take 2 holidays a year on the contintent. Bunch of loving retards.

I am not a millenial either.

You actually believe the protest vote thing?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
now they've pulled out does that make everyone catholics again lol smell ya later

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

There is something deeply ironic about voting to leave the EU (partially) based on immigration, and then waking up and figuring out that that means you are suddenly treated as immigrates in the other EU countries.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Ika posted:

There is something deeply ironic about voting to leave the EU (partially) based on immigration, and then waking up and figuring out that that means you are suddenly treated as immigrates in the other EU countries.

Can you explain this because, ironically (ironically), I am not getting it?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Maoist Pussy posted:

Can you explain this because, ironically (ironically), I am not getting it?

Problem: Too many EU immigrants taking our jobs
Solution: vote to leave the EU

Now: "what do you mean I can't just go over to france/Sweden/spain and get a job?"

And yes I release that only a small portion of the later group intersects with the first.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Why do people (more specifically, politicians, who barely qualify) in the EU seem happy that the 5th/6th largest economy in the world left

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I can still go over to Syria and get a job, right?

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
if Britain remaining in the EU is in the US' interests then we should intervene....

militarily

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

GeneX posted:

Why do people (more specifically, politicians, who barely qualify) in the EU seem happy that the 5th/6th largest economy in the world left

Because if they showed everyone how much they were actually panicking there'd be chaos.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GeneX posted:

theyre not unreservedly happy, but england has always had a bunch of special loopholes and benefits not given to any other countries. they also consistently fought against strengthening the central EU government. so without the UK it'll be possible to standardize things more and make the EU's laws more powerful, which is beneficial to Germany and maybe France too

but mostly its for PR reasons yeah

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Stuff posted:

if Britain remaining in the EU is in the US' interests then we should intervene....

militarily

or just talk to germany who are pretty much less embarrassing to the americans at every turn

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Actually, for it to be an accurate summary of what happened, on his third try, he would have tried to doused the flag with gasoline and end up setting himself on fire.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

GeneX posted:

I'm not seeing any of them happy that the UK population has voted their preference to leave. I see a few taking the view of 'fine, you want out, get on with it' because, a. they know they can do sod all to stop it and, b. Britain has gotten special snowflake treatment from their club for too long already.

Once the UK actually enacts article 50 (assuming that ever happens) and officially sets the process in motion then I think the other countries will then take a long hard look at the EU and try and figure out if it's all worth it. Particularly countries like France and the Netherlands who are already having doubts and will more than likely be asked to contribute more to cover the missing cash the EU got from the UK.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Stuff posted:

militarily

but then keep it :twisted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

reversal of fortune

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

It'll be a lot of effort to get the Brits to remove the letter u from their bastardized American dialect.

We might have to construct camps to help them "concentrate" on it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dreddout posted:

It'll be a lot of effort to get the Brits to remove the letter u from their bastardized American dialect.

they wanted to leave the EU because they don't like colour

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

they've clearly got issues dealing with immigration so a period of American tutelage would be healthy and edifying for them

I call it the Colonials' Burden

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Harry posted:

You actually believe the protest vote thing?

Only based on where I live, friends and family I spoke to, and now people such as http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36630879

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GeneX posted:

My guess is they are saving face.

Really its the disastrous PR of the EU that brought the whole thing about.

Admitting that they literally broke the EU would admit their political careers were failures, an that would mean they would have to go back to their destitute estates loving 17 year old traffic'd Czech call girls.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

they've clearly got issues dealing with immigration so a period of American tutelage would be healthy and edifying for them

I call it the Colonials' Burden

Dad Xenophobic, So What

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Problem with the EU in my eyes always was that it never was pulled through consequentially like it was envisioned and all the members were only ever agreeable on stuff that directly benefited them and not much else. (nobody in the EU is free of guilt regarding that but especially the UK was a master at that game, always has been) Combine that with the century-old european Tradition to stab each other in the back wherever possible and to use nationalism and blame the others when something goes wrong in your country (maybe because of you) and it's a recipe for disaster. The problem with the EU really is that Brussels doesn't have *enough* power, but that can be blamed on what I just said. Also all the countless times we had the chance to act as a unified european bloc and stand our ground to the americans (who are less our friends than we seem to think) or the russians (who could've been better friends than they are now) and become an actual world player by ourselves, but we always let ourselves be manipulated by those powers and preferred, you guessed it right, to stab each other in the back instead. Maybe the EU is just isn't meant to be, which really is a pity because it's the only way for us Europeans to be truly relevant on a world stage.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Police Automaton posted:

"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
poo poo ON post
"You poo poo on the post. Why."

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

spud posted:

I am pissed off we are leaving as I do a lot of work in Europe (or did...we are having massive debates at work at the moment about the impact, including moving offices and staff), but I am even more pissed off that so many people that were vehemently "LEAVE!" as a loving protest vote against the government and immigration, rather than the EU as a whole, who never expected us to actually leave, now don't know if they made the right choice. A lot have poo poo like holiday homes in Spain and take 2 holidays a year on the contintent. Bunch of loving retards.

I am not a millenial either.

phew, im glad you're not a millenial, you just take two country-hopping vacations a year and own multiple homes while living in a country with obscene rent prices

but at least you're over the age of 30

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
Here's a fun gallery of incidents of xenophobia/racism in the UK that have had an increase in frequency since the vote. It's appropriately named "Worrying Signs". Far-right nationalists reveling in the vote's result. http://www.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/media_set?set=a.10101369198638985&type=3

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Yeah, well, what about all the instances of violence and xenophobia against the large British communities in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

feels good having US stocks and other investments as a core position.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yeah, well, what about all the instances of violence and xenophobia against the large British communities in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia?

"Two wrongs make a right" fallacy. Your assertion, even if true, does not negate my argument.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Maoist Pussy posted:

Racism is everywhere. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oz posted:

Here's a fun gallery of incidents of xenophobia/racism in the UK that have had an increase in frequency since the vote. It's appropriately named "Worrying Signs". Far-right nationalists reveling in the vote's result. http://www.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/media_set?set=a.10101369198638985&type=3
there's a surprising amount of racism towards poles

• Locked thread