Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Ryu's inputs in smash always felt weird to me because you can like, turn around. Ryu not looking at his opponent looks crazy

It's just like the car minigame in SF2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

SectumSempra posted:

pc modders are fed up with ken being so ugly (probably old but I don't keep up with this game)

even gave him a beard alt

http://imgur.com/a/UGXbD

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

pc modders are fed up with ken being so ugly (probably old but I don't keep up with this game)

even gave him a beard alt

http://imgur.com/a/UGXbD

lol

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/TekMerc/status/747262521896222721

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I hope the announcement includes something more than just a character trailer.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
It's almost like you can enjoy watching your favorite players despite the game having an absurd amount of problems

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I hope the announcement includes something more than just a character trailer.

We'll get TWO character trailers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

apple posted:

It's almost like you can enjoy watching your favorite players despite the game having an absurd amount of problems

my soccer club has garbage players and sucks rear end but i still watch the games because the drama is fun

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

apple posted:

Not disagreeing, was just cool to see.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Didn't SFxT have a lot of views its first year?
Having popular players and a franchise behind something doesn't have anything to do with the games livelihood.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 27, 2016

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

The Gorp posted:

Didn't SFxT have a lot of views its first year?
How popular players and a franchise behind something is doesn't have anything to do with the games livelihood.

SFxT was pretty much dead on arrival, but it had to compete with SF4 so it's not really a fair comparison

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

SFxT was pretty much dead on arrival, but it had to compete with SF4 so it's not really a fair comparison

SFxT was also TERRIBLE as a spectator event, matches lasted forever, combos were too long and pressure was dull.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

i put £100, or about 43 yen, on infil winning by doing lots of backdash backdash jab jab jab dash in throw wakeup vtrigger backdash backdash jabjab shimmy mp scythe super

o poo poo nvm

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 27, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Tokido finally beat him.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dias posted:

We'll get TWO character trailers.

Prophetic.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

why is balrog's music good and recognizable but Ibuki's is crap

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Get the battle lounge flags and filters working, stop putting people with 10k+ lp against silvers literally 20 matches in a row in ranked and I'm not going to have major complaints for a while.

Juri & Urien look nice.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Get the battle lounge flags and filters working, stop putting people with 10k+ lp against silvers literally 20 matches in a row in ranked and I'm not going to have major complaints for a while.

Juri & Urien look nice.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/747282173917421573

Oh my god Juri's design

Oh my god Urien juggles

Oh my god Juri's design though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

balrog looks dope

that stage looks rad as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtQU1ppzZI

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idgaf about Balrog, gimme Jurien

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Urien looks cool.

Soul Calibur 2 weapon master is cool and I like modes like that. I've never cared about arcade mode. Mortal Kombat tower with the mini games is cool, too.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

balrog looks dope

that stage looks rad as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtQU1ppzZI

I really don't care any more. How is an extra character going to improve my gameplay experience? Or an extra stage?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
1) Thank god they added some black to the center of Juri's outfit.
2) Urien's voice is pretty on-point. We have any idea who's voicing him this time around?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What the gently caress have they done with Juri!!?!?!??! Her costume looks awful!

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 27, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Urien literally has five seconds of a trailer. All we know about him is he has a dumb voice, wears a suit, has aegis reflector, and says words more than "CRUSH KILL DESTROY" and "AEGIS REFLECTOR"

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

I really don't care any more. How is an extra character going to improve my gameplay experience? Or an extra stage?

They had a blog post about improving the online experience so you weren't playing Plats from Brazil as Super Bronze, etc. Hoping it works out, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Mr. Wizard also confirmed Ibuki and Balrog will both be legal for EVO.

punk rebel ecks posted:

What the gently caress have they done with Juri!!?!?!??! Her costume looks awful!

Them's fighting (game) words. :colbert:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 27, 2016

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Like I am glad to see Urien in a suit with Aegis, totally, don't get me wrong.. But.. I mean, he's gonna have a banana hammock costume on deck, too. Right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the hot topic sweeping the nation? Will Urien's diaper thong be in the game? Find out in two months.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lothire posted:

Like I am glad to see Urien in a suit with Aegis, totally, don't get me wrong.. But.. I mean, he's gonna have a banana hammock costume on deck, too. Right?

He better have, it not being his standard costume is already a travesty.

I'll withhold judgement on Juri's new design until I see it in full but she already loses points for not being Jolyne Kujo anymore.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything the Biker chick outfit makes her look more like Jolyne than she did before. Also the new outfit is good since they added the black shirt, thank you Capcom for not making her a titty monster

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I personally am mad at this anti titty monster movement in SFV

Also they didn't show meters in the preview on purpose so you can't tell if aegis is a super or a vt lmao

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

If anything the Biker chick outfit makes her look more like Jolyne than she did before. Also the new outfit is good since they added the black shirt, thank you Capcom for not making her a titty monster

Eeeeeh. Also Juri got the same...enhancements that the rest of the female cast got, I feel. I was expecting much worse from the story mode stills tho so I'll take it, the jacket even looks kinda cool.

clothed urien is shameful tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She got more boobage, but her look is still very svelt, which makes me not hate it. Also clothed Urien is dumb, but I think he actually looks cool in the suit, so it's a catch-22 imo. Maybe the clothes will come off in vt, idk

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Urien's suit is good and sharp, get your half naked man kicks elsewhere.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Urien's suit is good and sharp, get your half naked man kicks elsewhere.

look if i have to deal with r.mika's frankly outrageous breasts on my character select screen i want people to get a face full of uridong in 1080p WITH jiggle action

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/dodonpahchi/status/747288083922452482

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ur promoting sfv better than capcom., stop that

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ChibiSoma posted:

1) Thank god they added some black to the center of Juri's outfit.

I know right? Makes it EVEN sexier.