Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

shipwrek posted:

http://www.vanaqua.org/learn/see-and-learn/live-cams/penguin
In case you goons/birds/tough cutes can't make it to Vancouver any time soon. I also recommend the Otters.

Otters!!! :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

NotAnArtist posted:

The Grim/Tough Gang continues to accept all comers who refuse to smile

"OK, Smile!"

"I am smiling."

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

skander posted:

"OK, Smile!"

"I am smiling."

"This is my happy face."

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

NotAnArtist posted:

The Grim/Tough Gang continues to accept all comers who refuse to smile, you'll find our clubhouse around back of Greasy Gary's Fix-It Shack, where we'll be listening to Smiths records and smoking cigarettes

For the last time, that is my home not a "clubhouse."

This is the third floor of an abandoned mining facility. Whole loving county is built on top of a giant network of lead mines. Highest cancer rate in the state. I sat down to catch my breath and one of my friends started laughing his rear end off because it looked like a senior picture.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Dylanthulhu posted:

For the last time, that is my home not a "clubhouse."

This is the third floor of an abandoned mining facility. Whole loving county is built on top of a giant network of lead mines. Highest cancer rate in the state. I sat down to catch my breath and one of my friends started laughing his rear end off because it looked like a senior picture.

The bolded bit sounded really cool but then the cancer part made it considerably less cool :saddowns:

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

I eat an apple at 3pm. Here it is mocking me with its (hopefully) deliciosity.

I will have the last laugh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Atarian posted:

Why do you have a tampon stuck up your nose?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Atarian posted:

Why is your life so scheduled you can't just eat the apple before 3pm?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Mocking Bird posted:

You have such a great smile :neckbeard:

My cat is very needy and likes to eat my hair

With hair like that, who wouldn't?

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

LingcodKilla posted:

Why do you have a tampon stuck up your nose?

So I don't bleed all over my office.

RFC2324 posted:

Why is your life so scheduled you can't just eat the apple before 3pm?

Without order there is chaos. But actually, I leave work at 6, and it takes me an hour and a half to get home. The 3pm apple is perfectly timed to keep me going until I get there.

Update: Apple was good.

Atarian has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Jun 27, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

shipwrek posted:

Great. Now I have to the Vancouver aquarium and see the penguins. Again. Stupid selfie thread. :argh:

http://www.vanaqua.org/learn/see-and-learn/live-cams/penguin
In case you goons/birds/tough cutes can't make it to Vancouver any time soon. I also recommend the Otters.

I just have to go outside and I can see penguins, I work at a zoo. Not a keeper sadly. There's too many people outside right now though because it's field trip season and there's thousands of kids running around and it makes me uncomfortable.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I just have to go outside and I can see penguins, I work at a zoo. Not a keeper sadly. There's too many people outside right now though because it's field trip season and there's thousands of kids running around and it makes me uncomfortable.

If I go outside I just see a bunch of trees and freaking nerds.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

When I go outside I have an enormous hedge and roughly six hundred sparrows that every evening have SO MUCH TO SAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6tzB4BQ_Y

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When I go outside I have an enormous hedge and roughly six hundred sparrows that every evening have SO MUCH TO SAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6tzB4BQ_Y

I have birds outside my house but outside my work it's just trees and freaking nerds...

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
" I love the summer. You know I heard the first nerd of spring singing in a tree just outside my office window just last week"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:laffo:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Said nobody ever

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mocking Bird posted:

You have such a great smile :neckbeard:

My cat is very needy and likes to eat my hair

You have my favourite kind of hair which is also the kind of hair :siren: my wife :siren: has.

e: added some animated sirens to this post to emphasize my wife.

Minimalist Program has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Jun 27, 2016

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Minimalist Program posted:

" I love the summer. You know I heard the first nerd of spring singing in a tree just outside my office window just last week"

It's been a bumper crop this year, so we've already run off some extra copies of applications for restraining orders.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Atarian posted:

Is the apple lying on your favourite notebook that you use to record the color, size and schedules of every train in a 50 mile radius and are you listening to a soothing .wav file of 60 minutes of train noises on loop, in your headphones?

e: for the confused I am implying that Atarian - who is a good looking guy - might have autism because he is weridly specific about when he is going to eat his apple. I mean it only as a joke.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
All I have outside is a huge grey works yard. Sometimes though I get paid to go make colourful things colourful again in one of the most beautiful parks in the world so its all good.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

shipwrek posted:

All I have outside is a huge grey works yard. Sometimes though I get paid to go make colourful things colourful again in one of the most beautiful parks in the world so its all good.

I like your hair, beard, and tiny backpack.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Is the apple lying on your favourite notebook that you use to record the color, size and schedules of every train in a 50 mile radius and are you listening to a soothing .wav file of 60 minutes of train noises on loop, in your headphones?

e: for the confused I am implying that Atarian - who is a good looking guy - might have autism because he is weridly specific about when he is going to eat his apple. I mean it only as a joke.

That's insanity. I listen to my soothing .wavs at 7.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

You have my favourite kind of hair which is also the kind of hair :siren: my wife :siren: has.

e: added some animated sirens to this post to emphasize my wife.

Thank you! Does your wife have any detangling or product tips you can share? This texture of hair is unruly at best.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mocking Bird posted:

Thank you! Does your wife have any detangling or product tips you can share? This texture of hair is unruly at best.

No but she gets really mad when she brushes her hair because it hurts and by now I know well enough to just go to the other end of the house whenever she's been in the shower.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
So I visited San Francisco last week from the UK and you can get some great views over there. This one's from Alcatraz (I'm the ugly guy on the left).

And then Yosemite Valley must be the most gorgeous place on Earth (I'm the guy sat on the wall next to the backpack)

Edit: Uhh, just in case these aren't showing up for anyone else either...http://imgur.com/a/1AHys

Injun Greenberg has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Jun 27, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The penguins were being antisocial, sorry.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Picnic Princess posted:

Shoulda brought the some fish to bribe them!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Your pictures are always fun and interesting.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Hooray the zoo! I'm the ghostly pale one whose pupils are attempting to escape.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nur_Neerg posted:

Do the snozzberries taste like snozzberriies?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nur_Neerg posted:

Papa Smurf must be very happy.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Ignore them, you guys are too cute :3:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mocking Bird posted:

I keep my hair short and fancy free because I have a similar texture, and it is so thick/unruly that once I lost a snake inside it (true!)

Alternating between silicone-heavy "smoothing" or "glossing" products and a clarifying shampoo should give your hair enough slip to detangle easier. Similarly, if the issue is dryness/the cuticles of the hair catching on one another, consider humectant products to maintain moisture, or an after-shampoo balm (I use two parts coconut oil, one part shea butter and two parts silicone-free conditioner).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The hair struggle is real. It's worse when it's mid-back length. :smith:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

cash crab posted:

I keep my hair short and fancy free because I have a similar texture, and it is so thick/unruly that once I lost a snake inside it (true!)

Alternating between silicone-heavy "smoothing" or "glossing" products and a clarifying shampoo should give your hair enough slip to detangle easier. Similarly, if the issue is dryness/the cuticles of the hair catching on one another, consider humectant products to maintain moisture, or an after-shampoo balm (I use two parts coconut oil, one part shea butter and two parts silicone-free conditioner).

I don't know if I've ever looked for silicone in my hair products! Time to lube this baby up!

I definitely go through gallons upon gallons of argan and coconut oil

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mocking Bird posted:

I don't know if I've ever looked for silicone in my hair products! Time to lube this baby up!

I definitely go through gallons upon gallons of argan and coconut oil

If your hair is sensitive to protein, coconut oil will make it tangle more readily, since it inhibits protein loss and can counteract moisture levels. Also, silicone is present in most hair products, most commonly under amodimethicone or dimethicone, the former of which is water soluble IIRC, so it can wash out the next cycle. If you're looking for something with heavy silicones, it's usually marketed as "glossing" or "smoothing" products.

My suggestion would be to clarify your hair (which, in a pinch, you can do with dish soap) and then moisturize the poo poo out of it, and see if that solves tangling before loving with all your products. Chances are you just have too much protein in your hair.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

Chances are you just have too much protein in your hair.

Which is why your cat is eating your hair! :pseudo:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
This has been eye opening :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Which is why your cat is eating your hair! :pseudo:

I used to douse my hair in coconut oil when it was long before I washed it and I couldn't figure out why I was still getting split ends.

:downs: I woke up one morning to see my cat gently suckling on my hair.