Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Also, on a unrelated note: I was super hyped to finally get Bameth in my map. After I seen him, I did the following:

a) teleported to my HQ
b) moved map device to separate part of my HQ, walled it, so whoever I'll be buying Blackheart from, wouldn't steal my kill
c) searched for Blackheart on poe.trade
d) bought it
e) equipped it, changing other eq slightly to have capped resists.
f) killed Bameth

Everything would work out great, except the fact, that I didn't had the prophecy active :bang:

kaaj fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I did a Zana with a friend and we finished the mission immediately, but stayed on the map because it was Beyond

Three separate Bameth spawns and I couldn't get anyone in on them and didn't have the prophecy and couldn't leave to get them.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kaaj posted:

I was running a Pathfinder Lightning Strike build this league, however - after hitting level 70 and not having currency for necessary upgrades (better pDPS weapon, Lightning Coil, flask...), I decided to switch to something else. Roughly at the time of switching I've seen this post from Xequecal:

drat, that's a great build so far. I'm level 70, everything was a cakewalk, in all fairness, that's one of the easiest builds which I've been playing in a while. I didn't even do Merc Lab yet, which will boost the survivability (+ES, +ES regen, etc) and the character is already super tanky. This is my first ever CI character and I didn't die in the first few hours when playing it, so this just confirms how solid this build is.

When levelling (as soon as you can wear it till before Merc Dominus), I think I was running in 4-link Icetomb, which are peanuts cheap.

I think the most expensive item which I've got was Energy From Within. All gear (including a 1 socket 700 ES body armour) was ~18 - 20c. If an item doesn't have 5 or 6 link, people will sell it for next to nothing - which is great for this build. Your main damage dealer is a 4 socket helmet worth 1c, you can literally run any armour which you can afford. I crafted mine to have a 4 link, but in fairness - I currently have a free socket or two and no idea what to put into them. My links currently are as advised by Xequecal:

Stone Golem - Minion Life - Minion Res
Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting
PCoC - Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Temp Chains
Discipline - Anger
Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline - Enduring Cry - free socket (gonna put second Vaal Discipline in it I guess)

Because your weapon is a claw, you can use whirling blades with it if you want.
You can even add Vaal Haste or Minion Speed to the mix. Golem is super tanky without it and it only serves as a distraction, but hey, why not make him fast?

DPS is not a problem, my lovely gear and not yet taken all damage increasing nodes are giving around 4.5k tooltip DPS per totem. If you add The Sorrow of the Divine flask, this ends around 5.7 - 6k tooltip. Now add relatively high crit chance (I currently have 4 Power Charges, working on getting 5th one now) and ~200% crit multi. Now add poison. Now multiply by three and that's more than enough DPS to kill things fast. Plus, you see that each passive point makes a noticeable difference. My skill gems are non-quality, level 16 - 17, so there's lots of room for improvement here too.

Capping the resists was easy too - even when going CI, I went for Eye of Chayula and Dream Fragments, but because you're running a shield, you can buy one with +a lot of resistances for cheap.

Only thing which I've been aiming for to get on gear is +Str and +Dex. You need that to meet the gem requirements - for the Ancestral Warchief Totem itself and green supports. I was a bit short on str, so right now I have one +30 Str node from Tree, but I guess, once I'll move my rear end to find a better belt on poe.trade, I can spec out of it.

I guess the only cons so far is that you're flying through content, but to really crush it - you need 4 Ascendancy Points (typical Scion stuff). Before that, everything was super easy, you're tanky as hell, but once you get the capability to put third totem (from your ascendancy points), the clear speed gets a massive boost.

Xequecal, thanks for sharing this one.

In what order did you go around the tree? When did you grab CI? I've never done CI and always fancied giving it a go.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
CI is not that expensive anymore especially with the right ascendancy tree. I'm at 10.5k CI and I have maybe 2-4ex in gear (not counting my potion). It's also turning out to be way loving safer then any life builds I have done. My CI barely budges. Can't wait to get into some red maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tonic317/characters MeiCoCisbig

Also rat you're dumb. Self cast jugger discharge is one of the safest builds you can play and fun as you one shot most packs. You only die to reflect if the map has it(dont run the map). No one is running perma IC in a map except maybe on a boss or a spike pack, and Izaro is a joke, you just might have to dodge his moves if he has some ele damage. Also a 1200 heal (12 endurance charges) going off every second or two is awesome and good. Loving the LC >>>>> all which is the mantra of Hardcore players along with 10k+ life on every build lmao. Are we in a pre patch 2.0 world or something? There are other good chests out there. Please dont pigeon hole goons into one chest TIA.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 27, 2016

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Lungboy posted:

In what order did you go around the tree? When did you grab CI? I've never done CI and always fancied giving it a go.

I'll update my post with trees in few hours (in work currently), but assuming that I have no idea what I'm doing:

a) I went straight for Ancestral Bond, getting left side of tree done (maybe except extra power charge)
b) then I went in order: Zealot's Oath, Unnatural Calm, Shaman's Dominion, Quick Recovery, Shamanistic Fury, Melding
c) after Melding, I went to take everything close to Witch start (Blast Radius, Arcane Focus, ES) and then straight for CI.

In retrospect, I wonder how doing CI before Blast Radius and Arcane Focus would work, it might had been safer this way (I play only in HC)

kaaj fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 27, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Also rat you're dumb. Self cast jugger discharge is one of the safest builds you can play and fun as you one shot most packs. You only die to reflect if the map has it(dont run the map). No one is running perma IC in a map except maybe on a boss or a spike pack, and Izaro is a joke, you just might have to dodge his moves if he has some ele damage. Also a 1200 heal (12 endurance charges) going off every second or two is awesome and good. Loving the LC >>>>> all which is the mantra of Hardcore players along with 10k+ life on every build lmao. Are we in a pre patch 2.0 world or something? There are other good chests out there. Please dont pigeon hole goons into one chest TIA.

Did you miss the fact that the conversation was specifically about earthquake?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Arzachel posted:

Did you miss the fact that the conversation was specifically about earthquake?

Did you miss the fact he started talking about how self cast jugger is bad? Also if you aren't going for 95+ which most goons probably don't. You can have some fun and use a carcass jack. Not everyone goes for 90+ and plays hardcore. I'll agree though kingsguard for EQ is weird and I don't see the point. Unless you're randomly losing your charges?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 27, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Holyshoot posted:

Did you miss the fact he started talking about how self cast jugger is bad? Also if you aren't going for 95+ which most goons probably don't. You can have some fun and use a carcass jack. Not everyone goes for 90+ and plays hardcore. I'll agree though kingsguard for EQ is weird and I don't see the point. Unless you're randomly losing your charges?

I don't see anything about discharge except one side comment when Kingsguard came up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Magus42 posted:

I don't see anything about discharge except one side comment when Kingsguard came up.

If you don't run IC on a self cast jugger build. Lol at you. 9 second IC is amazing. Also kaoms is great for people who run that discharge staff using endurance charges as their main discharge. Fire damage and HP all in one slot.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Did you miss the fact he started talking about how self cast jugger is bad?

The conversation was about eq and immortal call. I never said a word about discharge. Good flame though.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Holyshoot posted:

If you don't run IC on a self cast jugger build. Lol at you. 9 second IC is amazing. Also kaoms is great for people who run that discharge staff using endurance charges as their main discharge. Fire damage and HP all in one slot.

Again, nobody but you is talking about discharge

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kaaj posted:

I'll update my post with trees in few hours (in work currently), but assuming that I have no idea what I'm doing:

a) I went straight for Ancestral Bond, getting left side of tree done (maybe except extra power charge)
b) then I went in order: Zealot's Oath, Unnatural Calm, Shaman's Dominion, Quick Recovery, Shamanistic Fury, Melding
c) after Melding, I went to take everything close to Witch start (Blast Radius, Arcane Focus, ES) and then straight for CI.

In retrospect, I wonder how doing CI before Blast Radius and Arcane Focus would work, it might had been safer this way (I play only in HC)

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I'm hc only too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Magus42 posted:

Again, nobody but you is talking about discharge

Yup I hosed up. I saw self cast IC and assumed that. Why would you go jugg over berserker for EQ? 40 more damage is awesome.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Yup I hosed up. I saw self cast IC and assumed that. Why would you go jugg over berserker for EQ? 40 more damage is awesome.

Incredible utility and excellent tank. You dont need damage.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
For the Fated Uniques - does it take the base item and upgrade it, adding on the new mods, or does it create a new item from scratch? E.g. If I have a 4L Doomfletch with a 12% implicit, will the Doomfletch Prism also have a 12% and be 4L'd or is it a randomly rolled fresh item?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

devilmouse posted:

For the Fated Uniques - does it take the base item and upgrade it, adding on the new mods, or does it create a new item from scratch? E.g. If I have a 4L Doomfletch with a 12% implicit, will the Doomfletch Prism also have a 12% and be 4L'd or is it a randomly rolled fresh item?

Implicits and rolls should be the exact same.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

devilmouse posted:

It simply adds the relevant mods to the item when upgrading it.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Can someone explain to me why my loot filter freaked out and listed a pledge of hands as a better unique drop (neversink, white background) These things are a dime a dozen on POE trade, why are they special?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Most loot filters aren't updated to reflect a particular uniques value every league.

PoH is rare and used to be very valuable.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maddot_66 posted:

Can someone explain to me why my loot filter freaked out and listed a pledge of hands as a better unique drop (neversink, white background) These things are a dime a dozen on POE trade, why are they special?

Pledge of Hands used to be very very expensive. Neversink is just a bit slow in updating his valuation of uniques.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Maddot_66 posted:

Because prior to Prophecy they were expensive. All uniques that you can get from a prophecy aren't worth much.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

Dead ppl don't do damage

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

Dead ppl don't do damage

Kill it before it kills you! :v:

I never felt in danger on my koams eq zerker in perandus. I did up to t13. Maybe it changes in 14+?

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

killstealing posted:

Dead ppl don't do damage

Cast On Death - Detonate Dead - Blind will make the mob regret killing you.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 27, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

killstealing posted:

Dead ppl don't do damage

You know this saying is kinda funny to me because the mantra of 4th edition character op was exactly the opposite, being that dead monsters don't do damage, therefore optimizing damage is the best.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

Kill it before it kills you! :v:

I never felt in danger on my koams eq zerker in perandus. I did up to t13. Maybe it changes in 14+?

Idk i think the jugg asc just has a bunch more quality, and it has a big inc damage% node too (60%+)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The charges, the slowdown immunity and the accuracy/aspd are all more interesting than 'do more damage' IMO.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

The charges, the slowdown immunity and the accuracy/aspd are all more interesting than 'do more damage' IMO.

Especially since the slowdown immunity seems to be bugged and very few things actually slow you to your base.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How would you craft this any further?
"May not have another prefix" sounds like its 3 prefixes and 1 suffix, so what could a potential exalt yield?

This is for my discharge/RF Marauder, i would have liked 4 blue over 3, but chances are im not gonna get it.
So 3rd red will be enhance (or whatever the red one en- gem is called),
I could do a resist i dont actually need, or strength/dex/int i dont really need.

Could an exalt bring something i couldnt craft?
If so, should i craft before exalting?
Ive never exalted anything, but this league i decided to blow my currency instead of saving up and then ending up in standard where i will never need it again.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
http://poeaffix.net/ch-ar.html

That is 3 prefix, one suffix right now.

Exalt if you want
5 str or -18% attribute req are probably your worst options.
A chaos resist roll would be pretty great

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

quote:

(Global) +# to Strength
(Global) # Life Regenerated per second
(Global) +#% to Fire Resistance
(Global) +#% to Cold Resistance
(Global) +#% to Lightning Resistance
(Global) +#% to Chaos Resistance
(Global) #% increased Stun Recovery
(Local) #% reduced Attribute Requirements
(Global) +# to Dexterity
(Global) +# to all Attributes
(Global) +#% to Fire and Cold Resistances
(Global) +#% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
(Global) +#% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
(Global) +# to Intelligence
(Global) #% increased Ignite Duration on Enemies
(Global) #% increased Freeze Duration on Enemies, #% increased Chill Duration on Enemies
(Global) #% increased Shock Duration on Enemies

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How would you craft this any further?
"May not have another prefix" sounds like its 3 prefixes and 1 suffix, so what could a potential exalt yield?

This is for my discharge/RF Marauder, i would have liked 4 blue over 3, but chances are im not gonna get it.
So 3rd red will be enhance (or whatever the red one en- gem is called),
I could do a resist i dont actually need, or strength/dex/int i dont really need.

Could an exalt bring something i couldnt craft?
If so, should i craft before exalting?
Ive never exalted anything, but this league i decided to blow my currency instead of saving up and then ending up in standard where i will never need it again.

Both armors are prefixes, so is life. The one res is a suffix.

What you can roll is here: http://poeaffix.net/ch-ar.html#id if you don't need the res or stats, would 10-20% ignite duration be useful? I don't think it would be with you also running RF.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

Both armors are prefixes, so is life. The one res is a suffix.

What you can roll is here: http://poeaffix.net/ch-ar.html#id if you don't need the res or stats, would 10-20% ignite duration be useful? I don't think it would be with you also running RF.

Hm, i think i could get cathy to lvl 7 and craft ignite duration...
Ignite is very important to me as im running Southbound gloves, so my discharge cant kill. The ignite can however, as can the Righteous Fire.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ckwiesr posted:

Especially since the slowdown immunity seems to be bugged and very few things actually slow you to your base.

Its not bugged, its intended to be that stupid.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Man, I just love how insanely strong so many of the Ascendancies feel, and even acknowledging that some are notably stronger than others, it's still such a massive boost to how powerful characters feel now.

I hope more classes get the Juggernaut or Slayer treatments. :black101: Bring 'em all into line!

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Juggernaught is so good it's dumb. I got tired of dying on the more damage based ascendancies, and I don't like EQ, so I made a dumb juggabow build and it's actually not terrible.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters

TabHaver. I just run medium tier maps because I'm lazy and watch Netflix; but feel free to tell me all about how terrible my build is.

Seriously though, if you do take the time to look at it and have suggestions to improve it that would be cool too.

Never mind Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Artistry, I grabbed those when I thought I was going to Aspect of the Eagle but I changed my mind.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 27, 2016

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

TheRat posted:

Its not bugged, its intended to be that stupid.

The tooltip says below base speed? Temp chains and frozen ground do nothing to me, but that zombie sludge actually does slow me down a bit.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Hamburger Test posted:

Juggernaught is so good it's dumb. I got tired of dying on the more damage based ascendancies, and I don't like EQ, so I made a dumb juggabow build and it's actually not terrible.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters

TabHaver. I just run medium tier maps because I'm lazy and watch Netflix; but feel free to tell me all about how terrible my build is.

Seriously though, if you do take the time to look at it and have suggestions to improve it that would be cool too.

Your profile is private. You've got to uncheck a box in your profile on the main poe website.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

MerrMan posted:

Your profile is private. You've got to uncheck a box in your profile on the main poe website.

It wasn't private, but apparently the character tab was hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ckwiesr posted:

The tooltip says below base speed? Temp chains and frozen ground do nothing to me, but that zombie sludge actually does slow me down a bit.

Yes, "base speed." That's the speed that animations take to play. Temp chains, freeze, and chill affect animation speed. Movement speed, attack speed, and cast speed are NOT animation speed and are something completely different. As far as I know nothing in the game makes you go at faster than base speed, except maybe acceleration shrines so you will only ever notice an animation slow while you have an acceleration shrine active.

E: tar ground slows you because it affects movement speed but not animation speed. Likewise suppressing fire affects attack and cast speed so you will still get slowed by that.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 27, 2016

• Locked thread