Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Sjonkel posted:

Speaking of Nonstop Knight, what are the best skills to use against the harder bosses? Right now I'm using Whirl with the rune that makes you take no damage, Slash and the healing clone. I time my whirl and slash so I don't take damage from the bosses. Anyone know of something that maybe works better?

Whirl - Shield
Slash - Dash
Clone - Mana

I use this once it starts getting hard. It seems like I can always push a few more floors after ascending, of course. But the easiest time I had with "impossible" bosses was with a cloak with really good defensive rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bunky posted:

Tiny Tower? All my updates come straight from the Play store. There's no beta channel that I'm aware of.
But that's how the beta works...

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.nimblebit.tinytower

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Notifications and sharing should be fixed on Monday. Sorry!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah, I know, but even if I was on the beta shouldn't I be on the same build as everyone else at this point? Did everyone on the beta click that link again, leave the beta program, uninstall TT and reinstall it again?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

bunky posted:

Yeah, I know, but even if I was on the beta shouldn't I be on the same build as everyone else at this point? Did everyone on the beta click that link again, leave the beta program, uninstall TT and reinstall it again?

I've heard of a number of people not able to leave reviews so it might be more common than you think.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
New Kairosoft: Pocket Arcade Story.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'm sitting on a small pile of Google Survey credit, has anyone tried Romancing Saga 2?

Otherwise, I was thinking of putting it into whatever IAPs that "grow your own virtual cacti" thing has.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm sure this gets asked a million times, though I haven't seen it here (and I know goons will give it to me straight); I have an LG G4, and I'm guessing that there's still no way I could use a PS3 controller with it, via bluetooth, without rooting, right? Didn't this poo poo used to work before something like 4.4? Why would they remove that function? I know that I could buy one of those Google controllers, but I don't want one.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 27, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Someone do a trip report. This one actually looks interesting.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

I'm sitting on a small pile of Google Survey credit, has anyone tried Romancing Saga 2?

Otherwise, I was thinking of putting it into whatever IAPs that "grow your own virtual cacti" thing has.

RS2 is very old school, with some unique mechanics.

The battle system is not simple and will require you to read gamefaqs to learn whats going on.

Overall don't expect FF, RS is its own genre and is very different.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Every store review is praising it for not being a IAP ridden fest and just being a proper kairo-style game again.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The following games are on sale:

Please, Don't Touch Anything: $0.99
Kingdom Rush Frontiers: $0.99
Kingdom Rush Origins: $0.99
Talisman: The Horus Heresy: $2.49
Cinemaware's Wings: $0.99
Crowntakers: $0.99
Danmaku Unlimited 2: $0.99
BattleLore: Command: $3.99
Elder Sign: Omens: $1.99
Death Worm: $0.99
Splendor: $1.99
Small World 2: $1.99
Ticket to Ride: $1.99
Talisman: $2.49
Battlestation: Harbinger: $1.99
HARVEST MOON:Seeds Of Memories: $6.99
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut: $0.99
Goo Saga: $0.99
Ghosts of Memories: $0.99
Door Kickers: $0.99
Adventures of Mana: $9.99
Secret of Mana: $4.49

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

In Tiny Tower, if I Rebuild at 50 floors, get a golden ticket, then start a new tower and build to 50 floors again will I get another golden ticket or do I have to build 100 floors to get the second one?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

GB_Sign posted:

In Tiny Tower, if I Rebuild at 50 floors, get a golden ticket, then start a new tower and build to 50 floors again will I get another golden ticket or do I have to build 100 floors to get the second one?

They are only additive, if you rebuild to 50 10 times you would have 10 tickets by the end.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Someone do a trip report. This one actually looks interesting.

If you liked Cruise Ship or Hot Springs, you'll like Arcade. It's all about the area themes, customer cultivation, and staff. Also has a cute little fighting game mini game. Very much a return to form.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mister Macys posted:

Romancing Saga 2 owns but like the other guy said it's a very very different beast from Final Fantasy. It's completely non-linear almost from the get-go so expect to follow a guide to figure out what to do next since the game stops giving you hints on available quests very early

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

GB_Sign posted:

I still can't understand the draw of this when you lose all your dream job bitizens and elevator upgrades. I mean, it's obviously possible to work your way back to where you were before. The game does shower you in bux as long as you boot it up a few times a day and click ads (but double lol if you bought bux and still do this). But still 50 floors is like a month or two of playing and the tradeoff of all that for getting a single moderately useful golden ticket just doesn't seem worth it.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I don't know if this came up at some point and I missed it, but I noticed today that Dragon Quest III actually boots properly on both of my devices, no ObbStateCode: 21 error to be found. Previously it would not start on my phone at all, even with the "just keep relaunching it until it works" trick.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Any of these particularly good? At a glance I was thinking about Ticket to Ride, Talisman, and Elder Signs, and/or Please, Don't Touch This.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Oryp posted:

Any of these particularly good? At a glance I was thinking about Ticket to Ride, Talisman, and Elder Signs, and/or Please, Don't Touch This.

Ticket to Ride and Talisman are good adaptations of the Physical game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I know its Japan, but I don't see a single pinball machine in those screenshots. :colbert:

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
I got please, don't touch anything and I'm stuck. Any spoiler free hints? I've discovered the hammer and screwdriver, but I'm mystified the formula and number buttons. I'm trying to avoid googling.

Thanks for then nonstop knights, pixel blacksmith, and crown takers. All are good.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I know its Japan, but I don't see a single pinball machine in those screenshots. :colbert:

Good news, they're in there.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

The kingdom rush games are fun and worth a dollar apiece.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
The pinball machines are in as I got one for getting to star rank 1 for my bitching arcade where every game is set to at least hard. gently caress your happiness children!!!!

Door kickers is a lot of fun on pc, not sure how great the port is but it's a buck

Can anyone point out what, if any, differences are between talisman and talisman horus heresy? Is it literally a reskin or what? I'd like one of them

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Door kickers is a lot of fun on pc, not sure how great the port is but it's a buck

Door Kickers makes for a surprisingly great toilet break game but you really want to play it on a tablet or a phone with a big screen.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Is Secret of Mana a good port/worth 5 bucks? I played chrono trigger for the first time on my phone and really liked it, would this be a similar experience? I haven't really played any of the old snes /Genesis rpgs, and I'm not sure how this one stacks up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
E: gently caress, this ain't the Steam thread. This isn't the Steam thread at all.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 28, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MisterBibs posted:

Any thoughts on Starpoint Gemini 2? Recent reviews are Mixed, overall is Mostly Positive.

It runs like poo poo on my Moto X Pure, I'll tell you that much.. I can't touch those system requirements.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

foutre posted:

Is Secret of Mana a good port/worth 5 bucks? I played chrono trigger for the first time on my phone and really liked it, would this be a similar experience? I haven't really played any of the old snes /Genesis rpgs, and I'm not sure how this one stacks up.

I played the original on the SNES, and it was a pretty fun game. My biggest gripe was that you can't get too far ahead of your allies, or else they get stuck against a tree or something, and the screen won't let you NOT have you and your allies on screen at all times.

I can't comment on the quality of the port, but the game itself isn't bad.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
A couple of small questions about Sky Force:

1) has anyone found any parts for the planes in the upper- and lower-right corners?

2) I'm only missing the cards specifically for stage 5 and the last one. Does anyone have any insights on where to find these two? I know some people have found the stage 5 one, but it sounded pretty random.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Re: Pocket Arcade Story - the gently caress is a 'mixer'? Is this some Engrish fuckery? And what are the parameters for it? The game really hasn't explained it at all except "do these, they're good".

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Re: Pocket Arcade Story - the gently caress is a 'mixer'? Is this some Engrish fuckery? And what are the parameters for it? The game really hasn't explained it at all except "do these, they're good".

It's a night get together shindig thing

Boost various stats, good to do

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

A couple of small questions about Sky Force:

1) has anyone found any parts for the planes in the upper- and lower-right corners?

2) I'm only missing the cards specifically for stage 5 and the last one. Does anyone have any insights on where to find these two? I know some people have found the stage 5 one, but it sounded pretty random.
I'm pretty sure the cards are entirely random. Just pick a level you can complete reliably and play it a bunch.

I also don't have any parts for those planes but they seem to unlock in some kind of order (in groups of 2-3 planes at a time, but with parts dropping in random order within those groups) so I was assuming they would start once I completed the current ones. I think I have five unlocked currently, plus the original: speed, health, rescue speed, max firepower, card drop rate.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I guess we know a little bit about your social life now.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Overwined posted:

I guess we know a little bit about your social life now.

I mean I am a completely party-averse introvert but gently caress you anyway I maintain the game didn't explain it very well. :colbert:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://www.humblebundle.com

New Android bundle.

What's the word on Desktop Dungeons? I've heard that KoP&P2 isn't very good, so my going up to the top tier is entirely based on DD.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Remember, you get a bunch of Steam keys too

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Go RV! posted:

What's the word on Desktop Dungeons? I've heard that KoP&P2 isn't very good, so my going up to the top tier is entirely based on DD.

It's a lot of fun, but its interface is made for tablets/PCs, not phones. I wouldn't go for it if you primarily want to play it on a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Go RV! posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com

New Android bundle.

KoP&P2 was pretty mediocre. It has been a while since I played (I bought it day one). I just recall that once you played the first hour you have played the entire game. There wasn't much to unlock and you unlocked it all fairly early. And the class synergy just wasn't what the first game had.

Edit: I read some of the in store reviews. Apparently there was DLC that was pretty good and I think the bundle includes the DLC.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 28, 2016