Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Hamburger Test posted:

Juggernaught is so good it's dumb. I got tired of dying on the more damage based ascendancies, and I don't like EQ, so I made a dumb juggabow build and it's actually not terrible.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters

TabHaver. I just run medium tier maps because I'm lazy and watch Netflix; but feel free to tell me all about how terrible my build is.

Seriously though, if you do take the time to look at it and have suggestions to improve it that would be cool too.

Never mind Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Artistry, I grabbed those when I thought I was going to Aspect of the Eagle but I changed my mind.

Speaking of bows, can you help me price that?
Everything thats not a unique i dont have any kind of clue...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
http://poe.trade/search/hosasituromiko

Potentially multiple ex? Good luck finding a buyer.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Ultima66 posted:

Yes, "base speed." That's the speed that animations take to play. Temp chains, freeze, and chill affect animation speed. Movement speed, attack speed, and cast speed are NOT animation speed and are something completely different. As far as I know nothing in the game makes you go at faster than base speed, except maybe acceleration shrines so you will only ever notice an animation slow while you have an acceleration shrine active.

E: tar ground slows you because it affects movement speed but not animation speed. Likewise suppressing fire affects attack and cast speed so you will still get slowed by that.

Ahhh ok. Thanks for clearing that up, I had no idea.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what does weapon elemental damage/elemental damage with weapons actually affect?

is it just the actual elemental damage roll on a weapon (like adds 5-10 fire damage to attacks or whatever) or does it count for phys dmg that is converted or something else?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Awesome! posted:

what does weapon elemental damage/elemental damage with weapons actually affect?

is it just the actual elemental damage roll on a weapon (like adds 5-10 fire damage to attacks or whatever) or does it count for phys dmg that is converted or something else?

Both of those and also damage from auras.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ah so it would buff both a phys to lightning conversion and hatred as an example? thats better than i thought.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
What bugsy said plus phys->ele conversions of a skill (such as the fire dmg for infernal blow)

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
And the base conversion of the active skill as well, e.g. Lightning Arrow.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i use a weapon ele damage gem to buff my taste of hate's added damage

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

WED is love, WED is life

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a flat phys roll is the best thing for like an eq build though right? just because that gets scaled by everything?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
yeah, WED only buffs my added fire gem and taste of hate buff now, and idk an y ele damage rolls that sneak into my maul

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Today's uber lab is pretty easy to 5 key, with fairly nondangerous phases for juggernaght. Now if only I could get something good out of the chests. I make a little off the 15+ quality gems, but it still barely tends to cover the run.

I got my hands on this today, and have been doing my best to try to make something out of it. I've been very unsuccessful.

I've kind of been following the crafting guide on the wiki, which recommends making it magical and burning alterations until you have a prefix and suffix you want. I haven't been able to get a good damage scaling mod on it and I've burned a couple hundred alterations. Is there some particular strategy I should be using? I feel like this thing has potential, merciless is the top-end prefix, and requires that ilvl83.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Monkey posted:

Today's uber lab is pretty easy to 5 key, with fairly nondangerous phases for juggernaght. Now if only I could get something good out of the chests. I make a little off the 15+ quality gems, but it still barely tends to cover the run.

I got my hands on this today, and have been doing my best to try to make something out of it. I've been very unsuccessful.

I've kind of been following the crafting guide on the wiki, which recommends making it magical and burning alterations until you have a prefix and suffix you want. I haven't been able to get a good damage scaling mod on it and I've burned a couple hundred alterations. Is there some particular strategy I should be using? I feel like this thing has potential, merciless is the top-end prefix, and requires that ilvl83.

No, theres no secrets to it at this stage.
You spam alts + augs until you hit T1/2 pre with T1/2 suff you want, then regal, and most likely scour cause you rolled poo poo.
You do this unti lthe regal is NOT poo poo and you end up with 3x T1/2 mods.

Then theres 2 ways.
You either moderatly rich and can afford to multicraft it near OP level, or you craft a 4th mod on it and have a very good but not OP weapon.

One of the best case scenarios would be T1 phys% and the hybrid phys roll, then pray to all available gods to regal flat phys.
Thats the jackpot though, dont count on that.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZ4TdfOMII&t=2251s

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Appreciate it. I'll keep working on the thing. Thus far, it is costing a lot more in currency than it is gaining me in any sort of utility though.

My red maps have run out at this point sadly. I am resorting to doing yellows while wearing MF stuff like my andvarius, as my normal gear is overkill. This just dropped. Apparently it is a thing? A quick search makes it seem like it might be worth some chaos.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 28, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Monkey posted:

Appreciate it. I'll keep working on the thing. Thus far, it is costing a lot more in currency than it is gaining me in any sort of utility though.

My red maps have run out at this point sadly. I am resorting to doing yellows while wearing MF stuff like my andvarius, as my normal gear is overkill. This just dropped. Apparently it is a thing? A quick search makes it seem like it might be worth some chaos.

Yes it is, absolutely.
And no, not chaos. We are talking 1 exalt upwards for poo poo rolls and no sockets.

Always check http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Carcass_Jack and check your rolls.
Yours is above average in the defense roll, but thats the least interesting on that thing.
You hit max elemental, which is good, and average life which keeps it from being awesome but still good.

Id still put it up for 1.5 or just use it.
I can thin kof very few builds that cant put this to good use.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Good God, my 5l Carcass cost like 40c in Perandus. Did that league just tank the price THAT much or is it just way way more popular this league?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Good God, my 5l Carcass cost like 40c in Perandus. Did that league just tank the price THAT much or is it just way way more popular this league?

No prophecy = CJ actually costs what it always costs. Perandus prices should never ever be used as a baseline.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

No, theres no secrets to it at this stage.
You spam alts + augs until you hit T1/2 pre with T1/2 suff you want, then regal, and most likely scour cause you rolled poo poo.
You do this unti lthe regal is NOT poo poo and you end up with 3x T1/2 mods.

Then theres 2 ways.
You either moderatly rich and can afford to multicraft it near OP level, or you craft a 4th mod on it and have a very good but not OP weapon.

One of the best case scenarios would be T1 phys% and the hybrid phys roll, then pray to all available gods to regal flat phys.
Thats the jackpot though, dont count on that.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZ4TdfOMII&t=2251s

This is wrong, phys%, hybrid phys%, and flat phys are all prefixes, you can only have one prefix on a magic item. An absolute top tier weapon requires you to regal the second mod then exalt the third, which is why those cost triple digit exalts because they're that rare. Alternatively you can regal for hybrid phys% and then craft flat phys, but the crafted flat phys is weaker than what you can roll so that's not top tier.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
One thing some do is not aug if they get a single mod T1 phys, and just regal it hoping for another so they can multi mod one more suffix.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Xequecal posted:

This is wrong, phys%, hybrid phys%, and flat phys are all prefixes, you can only have one prefix on a magic item. An absolute top tier weapon requires you to regal the second mod then exalt the third, which is why those cost triple digit exalts because they're that rare. Alternatively you can regal for hybrid phys% and then craft flat phys, but the crafted flat phys is weaker than what you can roll so that's not top tier.

The hybrid is prefix?
Good to know, i thought it was a suffix.
On the other hand, ill never craft a weapon thats more than 10c, so its basically nice to know instead of good since i cant really do anything worthwhile with my plebian commoners income.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The Real Foogla posted:

No prophecy = CJ actually costs what it always costs. Perandus prices should never ever be used as a baseline.

I know Perandus economy was lol, I just didn't know CJ cost that much, I never needed one until my Perandus Trapper.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Perandus was unique-galore.
loving Shavronnes was 2Ex in Perandus, only time in my life i could run low life.
I bought my own shavs 2 weeks in for 4500 coins in a map if thats an indicator.

Basically, whatever an item cost in perandus, x4 the price for the normal cost.
Except for prophecy uniques, drillnecks used to be 4ex at some in the past.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The hybrid is prefix?
Good to know, i thought it was a suffix.
On the other hand, ill never craft a weapon thats more than 10c, so its basically nice to know instead of good since i cant really do anything worthwhile with my plebian commoners income.

Yes. FYI an actual Merciless Dictator's Flaring weapon would probably require on the order of 200,000-250,000 alts, 20,000-25,000 regals, and 2,000-2,500 exalts to craft. That's assuming all mods are equally likely so it might be more. I doubt one even exists on Standard.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, I think I might be out of my league with trying to make that mace good. I am not that rich. I am still using a 5L Marohi with an EQ jugg right now.

In a few maps, I've had good luck replacing the 5'th gem with a 20 quality item rarity support, and switching out ming's heart for a 78% total andvarius I found. Already finding more uniques.

I am super frigging surprised how cheap wisdom scrolls are. I just bought 880 from a guy for 5 chaos. How is that even possible? How does a person collect 880 wisdom scrolls? What are they doing where that is a thing?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hamburger Test posted:

One thing some do is not aug if they get a single mod T1 phys, and just regal it hoping for another so they can multi mod one more suffix.

Almost definitely how at least one these was made, and then hitting the jackpot with an exalt afterwards.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 28, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

Yeah, I think I might be out of my league with trying to make that mace good. I am not that rich. I am still using a 5L Marohi with an EQ jugg right now.

In a few maps, I've had good luck replacing the 5'th gem with a 20 quality item rarity support, and switching out ming's heart for a 78% total andvarius I found. Already finding more uniques.

I am super frigging surprised how cheap wisdom scrolls are. I just bought 880 from a guy for 5 chaos. How is that even possible? How does a person collect 880 wisdom scrolls? What are they doing where that is a thing?

You can vendor transmutation orbs for 5 wisdom apiece so that's probably where they are from. Also the div card that gives 40 scrolls is super common in library type maps.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Xequecal posted:

You can vendor transmutation orbs for 5 wisdom apiece so that's probably where they are from. Also the div card that gives 40 scrolls is super common in library type maps.

There's also the fairly common prophecy that gives you a pile of like 20 scrolls for reading a lore object.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Hamburger Test posted:

Almost definitely how at least one these was made, and then hitting the jackpot with an exalt afterwards.

This item doesn't require lucky rolling with exalts. He alt spammed to get phys% prefix and then regaled the hybrid prefix. Then, 2 exalts for multicraft mod and then crafted the other affixes.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Xequecal posted:

This item doesn't require lucky rolling with exalts. He alt spammed to get phys% prefix and then regaled the hybrid prefix. Then, 2 exalts for multicraft mod and then crafted the other affixes.

The second one has T1 %phys, T3 flat phys and T6 hybrid %phys/acc.

As far as I know the only other way to get a 3 prefix no suffix item is to use Haku's crafting mod and scouring off the suffixes.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 28, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Hamburger Test posted:

The second one has T1 %phys, T3 flat phys and T6 hybrid %phys/acc.

As far as I know the only other way to get a 3 prefix no suffix item is to use Haku's crafting mod and scouring off the suffixes.

That's what I get for opening the link on a phone and not scrolling down.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Chris loving Wilson posted:

The race to level 100 in Path of Exile is not meant to be fast. The upper echelons of player level in Path of Exile are about bragging right more than absolute power. The marginal benefits of the last few passive skill points are low, and there currently aren't any items that require level 97 to equip.

Over time, players have become both better at building characters, better at playing to maximise experience and have more powerful tools at their disposal. The race to 100 gets faster and faster each league.

To compensate for this, we have periodically applied changes to the experience equation to slow down the top players reaching 100. Sometimes we apply changes that intentionally slow a larger band of players down, but this is due to our dissatisfaction with their leveling speed also. As we have seen this league, players are still able to reach high levels rather quickly.

We didn't go into detail about the specifics of the 2.3.0 experience change in the patch notes. This was an oversight. The details are as follows:

We reduced the effective level of endgame areas for the purposes of the experience equation. The below chart lists the monster level of the area, what the level is for the experience penalty before 2.3.0, and then the effective level after 2.3.0. You can see the details of the experience penalty equation on the Path of Exile wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience).

Level 70: 70 -> 70

Level 71: 71 -> 70.94

Level 72: 72 -> 71.82

Level 73: 73 -> 72.64

Level 74: 74 -> 73.4

Level 75: 75 -> 74.1

Level 76: 76 -> 74.74

Level 77: 76.9 -> 75.32

Level 78: 77.7 -> 75.84

Level 79: 78.4 -> 76.3

Level 80: 79 -> 76.7

Level 81: 79.5 -> 77.04

Level 82: 79.9 -> 77.32

Level 83: 80.1 -> 77.54

Level 84: 80.2 -> 77.7

We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal. The harder grind also more clearly signals to players who like building alternate characters roughly when to reroll.

In the future, we'll release content that has a higher monster level than level 84. This would make the race to 100 even faster. We'll probably apply experience penalties directly to the upper levels themselves rather than continuing to drop the effective area levels for experience. For example, maybe it'll take 50% longer to reach level 100 from level 99, but the experience gain of lower-level players would be unadjusted. This depends a lot on the specific level of content that comes out in future releases. We want to strike a good balance between rewarding progression and a race to 100 that isn't over in ten days each league.

People who play this game as their actual job are getting too good at it, so people who play this after their actual job must have a harder time to gain xp.
Moon logic.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Yolomon Wayne posted:

People who play this game as their actual job are getting too good at it, so people who play this after their actual job must have a harder time to gain xp.
Moon logic.

Yeah that's some KMMO bullshit and they'd better drag their heads out of their asses. Starting the XP walling that early seems like a bad fix.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
as long as the cheevos only require level 90 I literally don't care about 91+

for me that means that runnning a build that clears red maps in a safe way is mandatory so I don't kill myself from boredom of grinding yellows

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Does anyone know if the Slayer ascendancy nodes also apply to bows? Every other two-handed node on the passive tree specifically says "melee," as well as the big nodes on the Slayer tree. However, the little nodes don't say melee. I'm wondering, is this an oversight or do those nodes really buff bow damage as well?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

Does anyone know if the Slayer ascendancy nodes also apply to bows? Every other two-handed node on the passive tree specifically says "melee," as well as the big nodes on the Slayer tree. However, the little nodes don't say melee. I'm wondering, is this an oversight or do those nodes really buff bow damage as well?

Yeah they should.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Moon logic.

Honestly, the xp brick wall doesnt hit until around 92-94, depending on what maps you have access too. Allthough I think they did a bit too much on the nerf, I'm fine with 95+ being a grind since there's no build that really needs more than early 90s to hit peak power.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I usually start getting bored of a character at level 90 or less anyway so as long as they don't gently caress around with that, I don't care what they do about the poopsockers grinding.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Honestly, the xp brick wall doesnt hit until around 92-94, depending on what maps you have access too. Allthough I think they did a bit too much on the nerf, I'm fine with 95+ being a grind since there's no build that really needs more than early 90s to hit peak power.

Actually, the softbrick wall is at 85 cause thats where the xp gain from maps was first cut in half back in 1month flashback.
Shortly before that they cut map returns so only map bosses had a chance to +2.

So basically up to 85 everything is fine, 85-90 is softwalled, then it starts to really hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
if you play past 85 anyway youre a dillweed

• Locked thread