Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The only couple I know that tried the open relationship thing imploded after a few years. Probably didn't help that he had a micropenis, was an alcoholic and physically abusive and just a lovely person in general. First, they were into swinging, but that was usually him loving other people at clubs and his wife was only allowed to do stuff with other partners if he was included. Anytime he'd go on business trips, he'd gently caress hookers or whatever he could get ahold of. She'd gently caress someone and he'd fly off the handle, etc. Finally ended in divorce as expected and now he has some ugly woman with a NASCAR smile and his ex is much happier alone with their son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

He reads like a stoner who failed beginner's philosophy but read enough to sound "deep" to morons. His ravings sound like stoner thoughts that seem amazing when you're stoned but looking back on it it's really loving dumb.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Bored posted:

LOL. This dude is a loving caricature. I could see Ben Stiller playing this guy.

I watched the Ted x talk and someone kickstarter that movie please and thank you

naem
May 29, 2011

Did this guy found a billion dollar startup that saves aids babies is that what he's so full of it

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

The only couple I know that tried the open relationship thing imploded after a few years. Probably didn't help that he had a micropenis, was an alcoholic and physically abusive and just a lovely person in general. First, they were into swinging, but that was usually him loving other people at clubs and his wife was only allowed to do stuff with other partners if he was included. Anytime he'd go on business trips, he'd gently caress hookers or whatever he could get ahold of. She'd gently caress someone and he'd fly off the handle, etc. Finally ended in divorce as expected and now he has some ugly woman with a NASCAR smile and his ex is much happier alone with their son.

Whew for a second there I was worried they weren't going to bring a kid into the middle of it.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

How does somebody with a micro penis gently caress anybody and what the gently caress had to happen to that woman to have such low self esteem?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My work puts on a TEDx event every year, I should invite this guy out and see if we can get a new story out of him.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

How does somebody with a micro penis gently caress anybody and what the gently caress had to happen to that woman to have such low self esteem?

Maybe hes rich

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

I definitely don't know the answer to that micropenis question hahaha. I don't know if you were serious or not but if you were you should know I have a lot of girth and length. Many women have told me that it's too big in fact, but I just have to deal with it. I gently caress all the time, 24/7. There's nothing like being a perfectly normal guy with an average normal penis like I am.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Rage posted:

My work puts on a TEDx event every year, I should invite this guy out and see if we can get a new story out of him.

it'll be the last tedx your work hosts

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Defiance posted:

I definitely don't know the answer to that micropenis question hahaha. I don't know if you were serious or not but if you were you should know I have a lot of girth and length. Many women have told me that it's too big in fact, but I just have to deal with it. I gently caress all the time, 24/7. There's nothing like being a perfectly normal guy with an average normal penis like I am.

Same.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cowman posted:

Good

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Defiance posted:

Congrats at being average and sucking as much at most things as most people.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Somebody in the thread said they met this guy and that he is definitely a goon. Can we get some confirmation?

Defiance posted:

Is it you? Are you Ian Mackenizie?

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

nawcom posted:

gotta love the comments where it was originally posted: https://medium.com/ian-mackenzie/love-will-be-the-death-of-us-7baa690dcd0#.xatj4oj6w

dunno if it's a medium.com thing but they eat this pretentious poo poo up

"I am touched so deeply that it made me cry"

"thank you for sharing this story, but more importantly, thank you for being a decent human being"

he's a self-absorbed rear end in a top hat ffs

Yea pretty much, since medium is a site for writers who like to write but don't have any hobbies so they just talk about themselves.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cowman posted:

We had a world-ending level speaker two years ago. Dude was an ex-editor for Entertainment Weekly so he was incredibly up his own rear end, and in the course of his talk he compared himself to Spinal Tap, Julia Roberts, and John Cusack. He then tried to close with a slow clap.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Rage posted:

Yes you should do this

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*buried in mountains of scratch pads and crumpled pages. a broken, battered man hunched over a drafting board, the lines of sweat hug the new wrinkles in his face, following a path carved from sleepless nights and little to show for it, ultimately dropping from his chinstrap stubble hard onto the page below like his wife on someone else's dick*

*but wait. inspiration.*

*he leans closer to the page, slow drawing a line through the word "MEME" in all caps, writing below it slowly "YOUYOU"*

he's done it. again.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Jesus gently caress the way he talks in that noosphere video. Goddamn he is an insufferable oval office.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Probably didn't help that he had a micropenis

Why do you know this

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gaunab posted:

his wife was getting railed while he did this show

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Captain Beans posted:

I watched that whole loving TED* talk waiting for him to get to some kind of point and then it ended. I sit here still trying to figure out what the gently caress he is trying to say. It's like a mad lib book of 'deep profound thoughts' strung together using a computer. So many words used but nothing said. Should have expected it biased on his writing I guess.

edit: its like the dude watched the onion ted talk to model his speech on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGMY63FF3Q

more like http://www.zombo.com/

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Also what's her number?

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

nawcom posted:

gotta love the comments where it was originally posted: https://medium.com/ian-mackenzie/love-will-be-the-death-of-us-7baa690dcd0#.xatj4oj6w

dunno if it's a medium.com thing but they eat this pretentious poo poo up

"I am touched so deeply that it made me cry"

"thank you for sharing this story, but more importantly, thank you for being a decent human being"

he's a self-absorbed rear end in a top hat ffs

It looks like that because the first 40 comments were "recommended by Ian MacKenzie" so hes been sorting through the comments and making sure all the posts that are praising him will show up first.

Once you get past the "recommended" posts, the tone changes

"So… you cheated on your girlfriend because she was infertile? Talk about kicking somebody while they’re down. You can wrap this in as many pretty words and metaphors as you like, but at the end of the day, all you wanted was a broodmare to push out your crotchdumplings. I feel for your current or future partner."

"Beautifully written, scumbag."

"What a douche."

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

surprised you guys haven't figured out how to type cuck yet.

Defiance posted:

Oh, church? Church is pretty normal. Hell, last time I tried it I only had to deal with Lutherans. I'm happy to hang out with them, they're fine. I'm talking about repressed guilt, weird, confused sexuality, and emotional immaturity that comes believing lust and attraction is sinful and God is always watching and judging.

Every conservative religious girl I've ever dated has been pretty stunted and sheltered.

Yea but the chicks that had a super religious upbringing may be down for buttsex because they heard that they're still virgins after taking it in the pooper. Like all things in life, there's a trade off.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

social vegan posted:

*buried in mountains of scratch pads and crumpled pages. a broken, battered man hunched over a drafting board, the lines of sweat hug the new wrinkles in his face, following a path carved from sleepless nights and little to show for it, ultimately dropping from his chinstrap stubble hard onto the page below like his wife on someone else's dick*

*but wait. inspiration.*

*he leans closer to the page, slow drawing a line through the word "MEME" in all caps, writing below it slowly "YOUYOU"*

he's done it. again.

He's gonna steal this if he reads this thread.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pebergehund posted:

It looks like that because the first 40 comments were "recommended by Ian MacKenzie" so hes been sorting through the comments and making sure all the posts that are praising him will show up first.

Once you get past the "recommended" posts, the tone changes

"So… you cheated on your girlfriend because she was infertile? Talk about kicking somebody while they’re down. You can wrap this in as many pretty words and metaphors as you like, but at the end of the day, all you wanted was a broodmare to push out your crotchdumplings. I feel for your current or future partner."

"Beautifully written, scumbag."

"What a douche."

Every loving thing he says is dripping with over-wrought smugness

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I can't find it, but the best comment I read pointed out that despite all his musings and words, Ian knows less now at 35 than he did at 25.

That's the kind of thing that would sting him, I believe, since he seems to have some fixation with getting older.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
imagine being Ian's dad and reading that article

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
His dad's probably being boned by Cam as well.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i'd disown him and adopt Cam

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Sunswipe posted:

His dad's probably being boned by Cam as well.

While thinking "Finally, a son I can be proud of".

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
imagine being the kids that have to grow up hanging out with Uncle Ian and realizing what a massive bullet you just dodged

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Frankenstyle posted:

While thinking "Finally, a son I can be proud of".

"Please impregnate my wife when you've finished. We'll name the child 'Ian' and pretend the first one didn't happen."

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
This guy wrote a follow up piece
https://medium.com/@ianmack/post-script-from-the-author-bf65b8e480c3#.sztloyh2b

Ian MacCuckhold posted:

Some comments are not so kind. They see the portrait of a man who broke his vows and deserted his wife when she was most vulnerable. Others believe the story nothing but the navel-gazing narcissism of a lost millennial, unwilling to commit to true love. (One Twitter user was kind enough to send me a photo of a flaming garbage can and tell me it’s a self-portrait). And another wrings her hands and demands “Who is the hero of this story and who is the villain?”

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CharlestonJew posted:

imagine being the kids that have to grow up hanging out with Uncle Ian and realizing what a massive bullet you just dodged

lol of course he'll babysit their kids while Cam and his ex have epic days-long sex sessions

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

:potg:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

quote:

The hurt animal in me wants to strike him square in the jaw, spouting rage and obscenities. The quiet peacemaker in me wants to remain detached, equanimous.

I stand up, and say “Congratulations on your new child, Cameron” and embrace him.

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Three panels of her lying in anguish and the fourth of Ian at burning man.

• Locked thread