Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

How the gently caress do you think the North is feeling now

I've checked with my Good Bud Gidiot and he says it's a booming powerhouse at the moment. He said he has fantastic proof but he can't show me right now because they're in his other jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

MrL_JaKiri posted:

How the gently caress do you think the North is feeling now

They think it's because of immigrants

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I hope McDonnell goes for the mace again.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
Corbyn could offer an anti-austerity platform. You know, since the UN has announced it's a breach of human rights and it's kind of what he's always been saying.

Frogfingers posted:

Go watch The Lion in Winter. It will tell you everything you need to know about everyone involved in UK politics then, now and forever.

The Lion in Winter is a fantastic film. I really should rewatch it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Corbyn can win because the Tories have most likely destroyed the U.K. in an inter-party spat. He needs to get rid of the assholes, though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
He and McDonnell are already doing that but the media refuses to cover it because it doesn't fit with Overlord Murdoch's plan.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

thespaceinvader posted:

lol like gently caress, he conclusively won the leadership battle 9 months ago and has exceeded every arbitrary test set for him in the hope that he'd fail and give and excuse for kicking him out.

When he wins again, gently caress knows what will happen, it'll be better than the alternative but I'm getting the nagging feeling (hope being, of course, a mistake) that it will not be good.
It doesn't count any more, it's not the story. Corbyn personally doesn't give a gently caress about "the story", but all his MPs do. Whilst I disagree he's exceeded anything since his leadership election win, I think he will win the leadership contest and then all the PLP have no choice but to back down, because that's how their world works.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

qhat posted:

They think it's because of immigrants

No, they don't

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

No, they don't

A lot do.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Hoops posted:

It doesn't count any more, it's not the story. Corbyn personally doesn't give a gently caress about "the story", but all his MPs do. Whilst I disagree he's exceeded anything since his leadership election win, I think he will win the leadership contest and then all the PLP have no choice but to back down, because that's how their world works.

What makes you think a second time would make any difference when the first one persuaded them of nothing more than the efficacy of spending 9 months doing nothing but briefing against him and planning an ineffectual coup that only served to damage their party and their country at the worst loving possible time?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I've checked with my Good Bud Gidiot and he says it's a booming powerhouse at the moment. He said he has fantastic proof but he can't show me right now because they're in his other jacket.
Leeds was actually experiencing a pretty huge expansion of its tech sector. All kinds of good things would've come off the back of that (well paid nerds need places to eat their soylent and buy warhams and anime sex dolls).

That's probably hosed now.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Hoops posted:

Yeah, you kind of do get the impression that currently British politicians are freaked out because you can't just go through the motions and resign (to a cushy sinecure/consulting "job") at the appropriate time anymore since the country is really, actually on fire.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

thespaceinvader posted:

What makes you think a second time would make any difference when the first one persuaded them of nothing more than the efficacy of spending 9 months doing nothing but briefing against him and planning an ineffectual coup that only served to damage their party and their country at the worst loving possible time?

If the membership elects him twice surely they'll have to admit defeat, right?

At least they could switch to plotting in secret and skulking in the shadows rather than openly and brazenly sabotaging the poor git.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

At least they could switch to plotting in secret and skulking in the shadows rather than openly and brazenly sabotaging the poor git.

no it's the membership that's wrong you dangerously unelectable bicycle-riding idiot

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tooterfish posted:

Leeds was actually experiencing a pretty huge expansion of its tech sector. All kinds of good things would've come off the back of that (well paid nerds need places to eat their soylent and buy warhams and anime sex dolls).

That's probably hosed now.

Ah, poo poo. Although what kind of tech? Even in worse case scenarios Brexit seems to have no long-term negative effects on poo poo like aerospace engineering and the computer technologies that go with that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

The best thing for The Northern Powerhouse would be the election of visible, powerful mayors of Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, to do exactly what Sturgeon does every day. Potentially only Manchester to start with otherwise they'll crowd each other out. It'll accelerate the gently caress out of federalism as they'll have to be essentially be like US state governors, but if Andy Burnham can do it and be on TV regularly then that could potentially make a big difference. Always a suit, never ever ever in those big medal things that mayors wear.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Renaissance Robot posted:

As if there is such a person

I mean come on its not like it's even a choice between "poor leader with good ideology" and "great leader with awful ideology", it's Corbyn or someone just as incompetent but with terrible ideals.

The only thing any of these shitehawks have on him in terms of competence is the ability to play the media's game, which is to say issuing soundbites and doing as little as possible to provoke difficult questions (which it should always be mentioned is at least as much down to the whim of the media as it is any skill of the politician)

Of course there is.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Tesseraction posted:

I did, what does that have to do with pissflaps hand-wringing about Corbyn?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Apparently Cameron told the other 27 at the EU summit that any deal with the U.K. had to include controls on migration. I'm mildly amused (and stunned) that he thinks he has any ability to set out the terms, and that free movement might be negotiable. :psyduck:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

And it's the duty of the Labour party to ruin that myth by pointing out that all of the issues they blame on immigration are the fault of successive governments loving them over.

Or we could get rid of Corbyn, have this "Progressive end to free movement" and watch as fascism rises unabated.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Again, what makes you think they have that much sense? They are already displaying open contempt of the membership. They don't feel the membership is relevant to ELECTABILITY which is the only important thing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Apparently Cameron told the other 27 at the EU summit that any deal with the U.K. had to include controls on migration. I'm mildly amused (and stunned) that he thinks he has any ability to set out the terms, and that free movement might be negotiable. :psyduck:

[insert joke about ARE BRITANE still thinking it's an empire or in some way relevant]

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Pesmerga posted:

All it means is he's not getting access to the free market.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

thespaceinvader posted:

What else are they gonna do- give up and go home?

They have nothing left but a last minute, pointless and pretty much hopeless gamble, and they must play it now. It can be seen with them using PR firms to try and get smears in despite the PR fuckwads being recognisable, identifiable and shareable on social media- the same social media that originally got a whole bunch of people to drop the cost of the cheapest pint anywhere within pissing distance of London on corbyn in the first place.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Got trolled so hard by a fascist relative posting this picture on Facebook. I never reply to this poo poo normally. Ugh.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Sewer Adventure posted:

Got trolled so hard by a fascist relative posting this picture on Facebook. I never reply to this poo poo normally. Ugh.

Yes, being the useless kid of a soldier is totally the same as being the actual soldier, and also didn't those soldiers die on the soil of a country other than England.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/PeteWishart/status/747898026157608965

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sewer Adventure posted:

Oh lol, 90% of them were not even alive when that happened. Perhaps less then a percentage even took part in the second world war.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

DesperateDan posted:

What else are they gonna do- give up and go home?

They have nothing left but a last minute, pointless and pretty much hopeless gamble, and they must play it now. It can be seen with them using PR firms to try and get smears in despite the PR fuckwads being recognisable, identifiable and shareable on social media- the same social media that originally got a whole bunch of people to drop the cost of the cheapest pint anywhere within pissing distance of London on corbyn in the first place.

The thing they could arguably do would be to effectively secede from Corbyn, form a new party with their own leadership, and argue that they should keep the Short money and Union contributions as the opposition.

Whether this would be plausible I have NO idea but it sounds worryingly possible.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

The thing they could arguably do would be to effectively secede from Corbyn, form a new party with their own leadership, and argue that they should keep the Short money and Union contributions as the opposition.

Whether this would be plausible I have NO idea but it sounds worryingly possible.

Well the Unions would probably stay with Corbae.

:munch:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sewer Adventure posted:

Tell them if they're under 70 they didn't even see the war, and if they're under 86 they certainly didn't loving fight in it and they should stop trying to bask in the glory of their betters.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sewer Adventure posted:

lol most of that older generation are the children of the generation who fought in WW2.

Typical Boomers taking credit for the work of the generation that came before them while loving the generation that came afterwards.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
to be fair the younger generation loving shat the bed on this one

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

As stunts go it's certainly worth the punt.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sewer Adventure posted:

Same, except a picture of the Duke of Wellington stamping on Napoleon's face

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

blowfish posted:

Well the Unions would probably stay with Corbae.

:munch:

YEEESSSSS

Oh if David Cameron has to face the SNP. Oh my days.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I fought in WW2

Medal of Honor: Frontline

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sion posted:

to be fair the younger generation loving shat the bed on this one

Everyone shat the bed. One group's shat was not doing enough to prevent another group's colossal shat. I'm way more upset about the latter shat.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I fought in WW2

Medal of Honor: Frontline

The early CoDs were better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

https://medium.com/@chrisdeerin/why-ive-joined-the-labour-party-f558d01aa68a#.lq9z978uc

JFC this guy is posting this in the Heil tomorrow. I hope to goodness it will be mostly ignored, but... genuinely TIBFC

• Locked thread