Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Obviously euron is geryon lannister but is he also the corsair king? That would rule out daario being the shrouded lord but maaaybe that's okay.

Aurane Waters is the Corsair King and probably the reason Victarion loses his fleet that heads through the step stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Also ahaha I bet Ned did kill those midwives that sick bastard. I guess in my head the baby was delivered personally by the sword of the morning sickness.

I don't see why he has to kill the midwives, all he really needs to do is turn to one and say, "Hey, what's your name? Wylla? Ok Wylla, here's how we're going to handle this"

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

visceril posted:

Incompetence mainly.

Secondly I doubt the Lannisport Lannisters were talking much to Cersei. Maybe they told Kevan and he was doing something about it but he definitely wouldn't tell Cersei about it.

And in the books Cersei appointed a dumbass to be her Fleet Admiral. Worse than a dumb rear end actually because a literal stupid donkey wouldn't have stolen or sunken all of the ships

I'd say scamming an entire kingdom into building a fleet you then steal away to become a pirate lord is p. much the opposite of being a dumbass.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moose King posted:

I don't see why he has to kill the midwives, all he really needs to do is turn to one and say, "Hey, what's your name? Wylla? Ok Wylla, here's how we're going to handle this"

I like this

little boring but it has the threat of violence coupled with the fact that he's too honorable to ever do such a thing

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

syscall girl posted:

I like this

little boring but it has the threat of violence coupled with the fact that he's too honorable to ever do such a thing

He promised to keep the baby safe.

Ned is honour-bound by his word, and that is not a beneficial trait. That midwife is gone.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mossyfisk posted:

He promised to keep the baby safe.

Ned is honour-bound by his word, and that is not a beneficial trait. That midwife is gone.

as stump dumb as ned is i can't see him killing known innocents

our first introduction to him is him killing an oathbreaker and we the readers/audience can see why this is hosed up and wrong but killing two or three completely innocent women

women who btw were doing their best to care for his sis as she lay dying?

he can't see the hosed up world of westeros that grrm made up

just another pawn

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Normy posted:

I'm sure her plot was nothing more than cut a deal to free Loras then gtfo to Higharden/kill all sparrows.

Her plan as I understood it was to get Loras out so that the faith no longer had leverage over the Tyrells, let the Faith handle Cersei, and then handle the Faith somehow.

Had she not been 'sploded they probably would've immediately left for Highgarden, possibly with Tommen, on a "missionary trip" to preach to the other lords of the Reach.

Preach about killing sparrows. She would've conveniently met a certain merman right about then. Too bad.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

When sam talks to the maester secretary and doesn't get that he's being asked for a bribe, and he puts his letter in the guy's hand, and the guy gives him a "are you loving stupid? I want a bribe" look and doesn't close his fingers around it for like five seconds, I thought for sure we were getting marwyn the mage and alleras the sphynx. But nope.

Just more showrunners giving me blueballs with pointless almost-homages.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ague Proof posted:

Sansa III
Corbray kills Harry the Heir at the tournament and Shadrich takes advantage of the chaos to kidnap Sansa, intending to sell her to the Boltons. Just go with it.

Hahahaha oh my god, the show Season 5 was stealing plotlessness from the Winds of Winter. Hahaha the poo poo with Sansa being sold (by Littlefinger I bet), Stannis being destroyed, and then her running to Jon Snow is going to happen in the next book. It's going to be even more convoluted and lovely than in the show.

Enjoy the show, it's the best we're going to get.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

He said something along the lines of blood covered Arthur Dayne's sword hilt being "kind of almost a bleeding star" but where's the salt and smoke? (Denial stage)

lyanna was smoking some dank poppy to null the pain and ned was salty about arthur dayne kicking his rear end and howland having to bitchstab him from behind, easy

Preston is funny cuz he does things like analyze distances even though GRRM has said he's awful at scale and didn't really think about it whilst writing

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Fly Molo posted:

Hahahaha oh my god, the show Season 5 was stealing plotlessness from the Winds of Winter. Hahaha the poo poo with Sansa being sold (by Littlefinger I bet), Stannis being destroyed, and then her running to Jon Snow is going to happen in the next book. It's going to be even more convoluted and lovely than in the show.

Enjoy the show, it's the best we're going to get.

At one point George wrote for us in the notes "Sansa sews a coat for Jon" and we just went with that.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
thats pretty awesome

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

whowhatwhere posted:

I'd say scamming an entire kingdom into building a fleet you then steal away to become a pirate lord is p. much the opposite of being a dumbass.

funny thing about the fleet is paying for that fleet got the iron bank opposed to the crown and also was what cersei sold the sparrows their army back for. also holy gently caress adwd is long

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
Thought: Jon Snow as a bastard can possibly claim two titles? He is already proclaimed King in the North by the Northeners and now it is confirmed that he is a bastard son of Rhaegar as well. Don't forget that in the books Robb Stark legitimized Jon Snow before he died, so in that sense the book and the show end up in the same place.

Prediction: the reveal that Jon Snow is a Targ will not be delivered by Bran but by the dragons. They will recognize Jon Snow as a Targ and will be tame around him.

Thought: the Tyrion scene where he says "finally it has come to this" is kind of an apology for Season 5 in my mind. I'm pretty certain that the show's writers wanted to give Gurm extra time to get the book out before season 6 started and that's why they dragged out season 5. Now they have realized the error of their ways, because Gurm ain't writing poo poo and they decided to move the plot along with twice the speed to make up for all the faffing about. It really looks like they want to end the series on a high and season 7 will be the last one. Gurm has hosed up so many times and so badly that everything else pales in comparison.

Thought: the look on Jaime's face at the end of the episode basically said "holy poo poo, my family is completely loving insane".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

fucken lmao

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDAoLnB_idY

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG6Y4nRSI7c

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

OhYeah posted:

Thought: the Tyrion scene where he says "finally it has come to this" is kind of an apology for Season 5 in my mind. I'm pretty certain that the show's writers wanted to give Gurm extra time to get the book out before season 6 started and that's why they dragged out season 5. Now they have realized the error of their ways, because Gurm ain't writing poo poo and they decided to move the plot along with twice the speed to make up for all the faffing about. It really looks like they want to end the series on a high and season 7 will be the last one. Gurm has hosed up so many times and so badly that everything else pales in comparison.

That's my thought as well. They were being nice but it made for bad television. They followed him even to the point that characters were in horrible places like Dorne and Braavos and this season was just getting them back on Westeros so the plot can advance. There were several times it seems that the actors were directly talking to the audience and apologizing. The Tyrion conversation was the major one. But also things like the Frey pies and Varys randomly saying Blood and Fire were, I thought, secret apologies for truncating the two best parts of the last two books.

I wonder at this point if he will even finish TWOW by next season. No need to now.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

That's my thought as well. They were being nice but it made for bad television. They followed him even to the point that characters were in horrible places like Dorne and Braavos and this season was just getting them back on Westeros so the plot can advance. There were several times it seems that the actors were directly talking to the audience and apologizing. The Tyrion conversation was the major one. But also things like the Frey pies and Varys randomly saying Blood and Fire were, I thought, secret apologies for truncating the two best parts of the last two books.

I wonder at this point if he will even finish TWOW by next season. No need to now.

Finally.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Don't forget Olenna telling the Bad Pussies to stfu. That was my personal favorite.

Did anyone else feel like the Dany/Tyrion scenes were much better acting than Dany usually puts out? IMO some of the best we've seen

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There are books?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

George, your editor's here for the 2016 manuscript

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

I'll still contend that Dorne and Braavos could've been good, but were screwed up. Dorne moreso, obviously.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They've confirmed two more seasons to finish the show, not sure if they're truncated or not. Season 7 for conquering wrsteros with Dany, season 8 to fight the white walkers

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Olly's burned down village will be his seat of power. And he will sit upon The Potato Chair.

The Potato Faced God. It has many eyes and one.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

CountFosco posted:

I'll still contend that Dorne and Braavos could've been good, but were screwed up. Dorne moreso, obviously.

Only if you discard most of the original source material for these plot lines.

Arcsquad12 posted:

They've confirmed two more seasons to finish the show, not sure if they're truncated or not. Season 7 for conquering wrsteros with Dany, season 8 to fight the white walkers

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...w-a7107461.html

In my opinion they should press it into one season with an epic 3-hour long finale or something. Dragging it out for two short seasons doesn't sound like the most brilliant plan considering how much momentum was already lost in season 5.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

OhYeah posted:

Prediction: the reveal that Jon Snow is a Targ will not be delivered by Bran but by the dragons. They will recognize Jon Snow as a Targ and will be tame around him.

They already did that with Tyrion

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

ruddiger posted:

The Potato Faced God. It has many eyes and one.

ASoIaF is basically Ragnarok and a new world will be reborn on the ashes of the old. The Spudborn will be a dark and shifty folk in Neo-Westeros. They've deluded themselves into thinking they have a bigger role to play in the events of the world but they're always just short of doing anything important and everyone irrationally hates them for their entirely justified actions.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:perfect:

OhYeah posted:

Only if you discard most of the original source material for these plot lines.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...w-a7107461.html

In my opinion they should press it into one season with an epic 3-hour long finale or something. Dragging it out for two short seasons doesn't sound like the most brilliant plan considering how much momentum was already lost in season 5.

Do one season, 12 episodes all an hour long and maybe an 80-90 minute series finale but at least they seem to have dropped that god awful "what if we make the finale a movie people can go see in theaters" idea.

If there's 13 episodes at normal length then that'd still fit in to a dozen 1 hour episodes since it usually runs what, 50-54min at most normally?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
In the alternate universe where these books get done, doesn't this schedule gaurentee that the show is just going to be a cool spoiler-alert version of the 3-5 giant tomes of poo poo that won't come out for years?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Evil Fluffy posted:

but at least they seem to have dropped that god awful "what if we make the finale a movie people can go see in theaters" idea.

It baffles me that some people wanted this terrible idea.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lycus posted:

It baffles me that some people wanted this terrible idea.

I'll still take it for Deadwood to be honest.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'll still take it for Deadwood to be honest.

That's a completely different situation, though. That's a cancelled show, a movie ending is a surprise blessing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

It's neat to see Rhaegar as Jon's dad on an official website

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
what a mess of a graphic though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is this the first ever explicit confirmation of Rhaegar being his dad on an official series work? It's only really implied heavily in the episode from connecting the dots.

Whoever made the chart needs to find a new job though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Indeed, and they forgot the most important line: from Dany to Jon, titled "Auntie"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Is this the first ever explicit confirmation of Rhaegar being his dad on an official series work? It's only really implied heavily in the episode from connecting the dots.

The cut covers their bases well enough to let people run wild with RLJ, but I was kind of dissapointed that the scene itself didn't have any explicit info we didn't already know from Ned's dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Guarantee you it started out as a single chart displaying parentage and some idiot kept saying 'now add this to really make it pop!' until it got here.