Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Makoto should be immune to FANG's poison, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

A.o.D. posted:

Look, you care about the damned ribbon way more than I do.

I don't care about the ribbon at all I'm just curious why you think it's a problem!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the man just wants some answers

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Am I being trolled

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

AnonSpore posted:

I don't care about the ribbon at all I'm just curious why you think it's a problem!

if it will get you to shut up about the loving ribbon here you go:

The ribbon is the only part of Makoto's design that doesn't say "angry karate punchwoman". That's it. That's all there is to it. I don't have a problem with it. The ribbon is fine. Makoto's design is fine. Her rice field outfit is fine. Mokoto is fine as an angry karate punchwoman.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Dias posted:

Considering how much damage it does, I think everyone basically is already.

AnonSpore posted:

Am I being trolled

I think you're being ribbed.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Thanks for answering forums user A.o.D.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

But since you mentioned Rufus, let me tell you what's wrong with him

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

He's fat

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

and have you seen that mustache? oh my god.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dias posted:

I both hate and love that I came to post this exact thing and was beaten.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked rufus' thing where he thought everyone was ken masters

That's about it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rufus's story mode should have ended with him attacking a mirrored wall after mistaking it for ken

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
His incredibly long win quotes are kinda cool I guess.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked rufus' thing where he thought everyone was ken masters

That's about it

The best part of SFxT was the teaser trailer where he confused Bob for Ken Masters

croutonZA posted:

His incredibly long win quotes are kinda cool I guess.

Elphelt does that better

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bedman does it best

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

attackmole posted:

maybe if Urien had dick jiggle physics and flexed his rear end on his kick animations.

I, I'm ok with this..

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Makoto would make me take this game a little more seriously. The roster is still so goddamn boring (to me).

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I can totally understand the ribbon seeming out of place, but it reminds me of Kamen Rider-esque scarves so :shrug:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Firstborn posted:

Makoto would make me take this game a little more seriously. The roster is still so goddamn boring (to me).

I love Makoto (and the Ribbon) but she's a pretty boring character! Juri and U-turn have the potential to be very interesting (they won't be.)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Courtesy of https://www.cheapassgamer.com/ , the PS4 Collector's Edition of SF5 is available for like $45 bucks on Amazon right now:
https://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-V-Collectors-PlayStation-4/dp/B014PCUKJO?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=cheapassgam08-20

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

You guys are all missing that Rufus is a throwback to SF2 when the character designs were racial caricatures, and this time they made one for America. He completely fits in as a street fighter character design.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Firstborn posted:

tbh the last thing this game needs is another slow walkspeed amazing dash character with a command grab

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Earlier I decided that since I'm a casual idiot and am way off from having stuff like 2.738494 megahoots of input lag actually affect me I cleaned my brain in regards to this, reinstalled on the PS4 and I actually had a lot of fun now that I don't let the internets opinions trickle into my enjoyment and convince me that this is an unplayable game. I wrapped up the stories which were silly fun and spent a bunch of time getting better with the trials. Games are fun I apologize to myself for giving in to negativity when I genuinely like something.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Kilometers Davis posted:

Earlier I decided that since I'm a casual idiot and am way off from having stuff like 2.738494 megahoots of input lag actually affect me I cleaned my brain in regards to this, reinstalled on the PS4 and I actually had a lot of fun now that I don't let the internets opinions trickle into my enjoyment and convince me that this is an unplayable game. I wrapped up the stories which were silly fun and spent a bunch of time getting better with the trials. Games are fun I apologize to myself for giving in to negativity when I genuinely like something.
did you uninstall it because of this thread? lol

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's okay to like bad games. Trust me, I like plenty of them. It's the refusal to acknowledge and accept the things that make them bad that tends to be more of an issue.

Anyway, I jumped on that deal for the collector's edition that I linked a few hours back, so here in a week or so I'll be ready to be completely unenthused and unimpressed by this game directly instead of just by proxy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, you shouldn't stop enjoying things out of peer pressure, especially if all it took for you to enjoy the game again was ignore that some people really don't like it, hehe.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
You're affected by the delay too you're just too dumb to know it. Not understanding gravity doesn't make you float off into space

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can I have Cody, 3f less input lag and a working netcode? Please?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

You're affected by the delay too you're just too dumb to know it. Not understanding gravity doesn't make you float off into space

Gravity is just a theory.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I like the game too and will probably try to get some people to play this Friday with the update but everyone I play FGs with is playing Revelator instead and there's no reason for me to play this over that, you know?

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun
Juri didn't have SF4 u1 in sfxt and I don't think she'll have it in sfv either. It took them a lot of tries to try and balance her in 4 based around her combo routes being limited outside of U1 and it wasn't very fun for the most part. A generic buff vtrigger is more likely if anything.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
A small podcast segment of why some people may not play Rashid.

I like never see anyone play this guy. At Combo Breaker I didn't encounter or even see a single Rashid player. I don't think I've even seen a Rashid player on stream at CEO either (though to be fair I only watched tidbits).

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Juri will have the game's first counter super. Like Cammy's U2, whatever those are called.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
Counter ultras were dumb but at least they used a secondary resource - I don't see a counter CA existing in SFV since you would never be able to justify using it over even the worst EX moves unless you could use it as an alpha counter or something.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

This is terrible

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Do we know how much FM the daily challenges will give?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do we know how much FM the daily challenges will give?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

A small podcast segment of why some people may not play Rashid.

I like never see anyone play this guy. At Combo Breaker I didn't encounter or even see a single Rashid player. I don't think I've even seen a Rashid player on stream at CEO either (though to be fair I only watched tidbits).

I mained him for a month before i went back to cammy and eventually put the game down for revelator and he feels amazing to play but he does no loving damage at all. the video is kinda focusing on weird stuff though because the first thing they bring up is how he has a bad wake up super and i don't think good players are worrying about wake up supers. idk. i stopped watching after that.