Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Gelt's start is so much better than KF's, with or without Molay's. It's great having Searing Doom actually do something now, I've always liked it's effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Patch Notes are up

Blood Knights are the first FLC.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

quote:

Marauder Horsemen (all): +Damage, +Reload Speed, +Accuracy

Hahahahaha :allears:

In general, Chaos got pretty darn buffed, with the exception of Forsaken, who don't seem to be the most cost-effective Chaos Infantry anymore. Also no mention of Gorebeast Chariots upkeep.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Danann posted:

Is there anything you can do to deal with Gondor's bullshit ghost army stacks? My vassals are useless and simply hand end up giving Gondor free boats.

They actually disband after your first battle with them. Throw some weak rear end corsairs at them or something, and Gondor will be stuck with levies in their outlying fiefs, and that's assuming they confederated in time.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Hahahahaha :allears:

In general, Chaos got pretty darn buffed, with the exception of Forsaken, who don't seem to be the most cost-effective Chaos Infantry anymore. Also no mention of Gorebeast Chariots upkeep.

code:
Fixed an issue where Chaos Chariots and Gorebeast Chariots were receiving too much upkeep reduction under certain circumstances and weren't affected by certain technologies. 
Down in Campaign-General.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Campaign - General
Mork is now considerably Morkier.
Goblins are now more ticklish.
Oh. Ok.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

code:
Tweaked deployment zones and army setups for Kholek's Starcrusher Quest Battle.

At the start of the Starcrusher Quest Battle, the Greenskins will no longer flee.
I am so glad for this, I was doing the Quest Battles from the menu (it is more fun trying to tackle the scenarios without a top-tier army from the campaign) and I had failed this one like three times. Like, you have to face down a medium Greenskin force, then you get attacked by Fell Bats and Vargheists, then a Terrorgeist and finally an average army of skeletons, and all the scenario gives you is an army of lovely Marauders supported by Gore Beasts and Kholek and Sons. So far I've only managed to make it until the Terrorgeist, but by that point my army was way too attritioned to make it through.

Edit: I did wish they'd reduce the speed of Marauder Horsemen, or at least make them less likely to be recruited by Norscans.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 29, 2016

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Something they mentioned on the stream that I don't think is in the patch notes, there's now events in the campaign that can spawn new Savage Orc hordes, instead of them being a thing that disappears forever 12 turns into the game.

Balance changes look pretty good, magic changes are as vague as ever. Looks like they nerfed direct damage by making it more random, buffed Invocation of Nehek and speed buffs, and probably did nothing for vortex/aoe spells yet, so Gelt campaign still a no go for me.

They also mentioned that the cryptic teaser they posted yesterday has nothing to do with the patch or Blood Knights, so that's up in the air.

madmac fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 29, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

quote:

Autoresolver now deals less damage to high quality units (e.g. Slayers) in standard battle situations and deals more to low quality units.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

madmac posted:

Something they mentioned on the stream that I don't think is in the patch notes, there's now events in the campaign that can spawn new Savage Orc hordes, instead of them being a thing that disappears forever 12 turns into the game.

God no, that's awful. In my very hard dwarf campaign, savage orcs were the strongest orc faction and survived until turn 90-something, had to chase them across the badlands to raze all their settlements. So incredibly annoying.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

Character experience is no longer awarded for sacking a settlement.
Welp

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Heh, I really should have continued reading after individual faction changes.

Also

quote:

Battle – general
You’ve come so far. Don’t give up now!
Gork is now appreciably Gorkier.

Of course!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Angry Lobster posted:

God no, that's awful. In my very hard dwarf campaign, savage orcs were the strongest orc faction and survived until turn 90-something, had to chase them across the badlands to raze all their settlements. So incredibly annoying.

Im so sorry..

quote:

Added a new random incident that may respawn the Savage Orc Skull-takerz or Top Knotz tribes if they are destroyed.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

They also nerfed Savage Orc units across the board. I think they were more talking about the Bonerippers and other hordes that hang around the Empire though. Those guys do vanish way too quickly.

Edit: Ok poo poo, Top Knots too. Whelp.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

That's going to make Orcs a bit more challenging...

But for those of us in the middle of a VC campaign, this is perfect timing! Nehek gets a buff, 'hit point regeneration and resurrection effects' in general get buffed, AND Blood Knights! Which won't get hosed on autoresolve now, hopefully. Did the name change from Blood Dragons in the fluff at some point?

Tier 5 shock cavalry, wherever Tier 5 is exactly.
Frenzy (more dmg with high leadership), Armoured and Shielded, Anti Large. No mention of Armour Piercing.

Looks like VC have been tweaked to make wraiths more viable and crypt horrors and terrorgheists less so.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Flame Cannon: +Damage, +Range, increased firing angle to allow firing from second row

How the hell would this work?

e: Crypt Horrors: –Speed, -Damage, -Armour

Dammit.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

rockopete posted:

Tier 5 shock cavalry, wherever Tier 5 is exactly.

It means they require a tier 5 building (the ones that require a full-size city, which is level 5, to make) in order to recruit. In this case, the upgraded vampire building and, assumably although I didn't notice it explicitly, an upgraded armory.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
IIRC, Blood Dragons are the type of vampire they are, and Blood Knights are a whole unit of lesser Blood Dragon vampires. They are almost a regiment of hero-level models in the TT.

I don't see anything regarding weird reinforcement directions.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

rockopete posted:

Looks like VC have been tweaked to make wraiths more viable and crypt horrors and terrorgheists less so.

quote:

Cairn Wraiths, Hexwraiths, Banshee: rebalanced for higher Physical Resistance

Yesssss

Though i really wish ethereal units were more intangible, being able to pass through units without slowing down and maybe even passing walls would own so much!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Loving these patch notes, though I expected more slayer buffs.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Gejnor posted:

Im so sorry..

:froggonk:

I need to finish my campaigns before this hits.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not a drat thing about the AI refusing to enter a siege battle unless it's their last army/the odds are greater than 3 to 1 in their favour.

poo poo CA, even battles are the most fun.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Flame Cannon: +Damage, +Range, increased firing angle to allow firing from second row

How the hell would this work?

IIRC they're basically napalm cannons, so in much the same way that angling a high-pressure water hose upwards works.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Angry Lobster posted:

:froggonk:

I need to finish my campaigns before this hits.

On the plus side Savage Orcs have been nerfed into the ground!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Slayers being produced in one turn and some slight buffs should make them better late game material.

"Norscans now correctly suffer attrition when standing in areas of high Vampiric corruption."

Yeah, this would've been nice a long VC campaign ago.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Slayers being produced in one turn and some slight buffs should make them better late game material.

They didn't give them any actual stats buffs though so they are still trap status for most of us. The only way to make them truly viable is to install a mod that either gives them some damage mitigation or turns them super cheap volounteer type units. What they did do is that now auto-resolve won't insta murder them which is good!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gejnor posted:

They didn't give them any actual stats buffs though so they are still trap status for most of us. The only way to make them truly viable is to install a mod that either gives them some damage mitigation or turns them super cheap volounteer type units. What they did do is that now auto-resolve won't insta murder them which is good!

True. And I gotta love the deserved chaos buffs, even though I've only played against them. Having middling graveguard units reduce their chosen and trolls to chaff seemed really off.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Pretty good patch notes, kind of surprised how in touch they seem to be.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Feck, I just realized half my armies are crypt horrors. Definitely a fair nerf, given the price and maintenance. I've wanted to try out the wraiths so that'll be a nice change. Led by my blood knights, naturally!

Looks like the not-autocannons weren't working as intended, might be worth trying them out more now.

quote:

Organ Gun: +Penetration (now penetrates Troll-sized enemies too)
Helblaster Volley Gun: +Penetration (now penetrates cavalry-sized enemies too)

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Crypt horrors nerf is justified: in my VC campaign those dudes murderfucked anything except cav skirmishers and turbomurderfucked dwarves. I'm surprised Varghulf didn't get nerfed too.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

alex314 posted:

Crypt horrors nerf is justified: in my VC campaign those dudes murderfucked anything except cav skirmishers and turbomurderfucked dwarves. I'm surprised Varghulf didn't get nerfed too.

Weeell to be fair the 'ulf does have weaknesses, its not super powerful.. Terrorgheist though..

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?
Crap, wraith spam was already becoming real in multiplayer, especially with nehek looking like it got buffed the games against vampires are gonna be freaking rough.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

These patch notes are great. I think the Crypt Horrors were nerfed due to multiplayer 'cheese'. At the same cost of trolls they were just better in every way.

Also, the runes we saw on the Facebook page the other day are still unanswered. They confirmed it has nothing to do with the Blood Knights.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Crypt horrors have always been great, I mixed them with regular infantry and worked wonders.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

:drac:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Do we have a stat block for Blood Knights yet? I'm interested in seeing how they stack up against Demigryphs.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Gejnor posted:

Making Slayers more resistant to knockdown is a sorta interesting sidways buff, given how many monster units have big sweeping knockback effects. They're still gonna be basically a flavor unit though.

As for Flame Cannons, they actually lob fireballs, so giving them an arc effect is pretty trivial.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

these guys are bad rear end

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

madmac posted:

As for Flame Cannons, they actually lob fireballs, so giving them an arc effect is pretty trivial.

I wonder how much they are going to buff them, damage wise. Same with range actually, looking at current stats they are pretty darned short range at 150. They could easily double both damage and range and that'd make them quite decent without feeling OP i think, and thats quite alright given that they are supposed to be top tier units for the dwarfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Gejnor posted:

I wonder how much they are going to buff them, damage wise. Same with range actually, looking at current stats they are pretty darned short range at 150. They could easily double both damage and range and that'd make them quite decent without feeling OP i think, and thats quite alright given that they are supposed to be top tier units for the dwarfs.

I think making them backline units that can shoot over friendlies will help a lot, and might be enough on its own. Especially if you can shoot into melee.

Yukitsu posted:

Crap, wraith spam was already becoming real in multiplayer, especially with nehek looking like it got buffed the games against vampires are gonna be freaking rough.

Whuh? I thought it was agreed that wraiths were weak?

• Locked thread