Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Phi230 posted:

Maybe I just had bad luck today. I just did some exploration in Hakonen and the first data site I found, rats spawned as soon as I opened the first loot box and blew my rear end up, seeing as I'm just in a Heron.

Another question. If I joined goons could I still do exploration/missions and stuff, just with goons, or will it make me unable to undock?

You found a ghost site, it's a particular type of exploration site that will spawn rats after a certain amount of time at the site. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ghost_Site

They can have decent loot like implant BPCs, but you usually only have time to hack one can and GTFO before the rats show up and scram/kill you and pop the remaining cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jazzzzz posted:

You found a ghost site, it's a particular type of exploration site that will spawn rats after a certain amount of time at the site. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ghost_Site

They can have decent loot like implant BPCs, but you usually only have time to hack one can and GTFO before the rats show up and scram/kill you and pop the remaining cans

Oh ok. I did notice that the flavor text was different and threatening but the flavor text really never meant anything, so I thought nothing of it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I was wrong about the heading indicators, they do the better thing where it's based on the velocity rather than the ship model.

edit: I mean velocity in the correct sense of a speed and direction. The EVE client leads you to believe velocity is only a speed.

rocket_Magnet posted:

Thanks for the advice, that skillset is basically 18months off checking off everything on the "stuff goons did" circa 2014. Scimitar for incursions, cyno V stealth bomber for typhoon, Gila/drones for ratting in dek, and tengu off grid links :v:. I think I'll go the streamlining route.

you're welcome!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

ullerrm posted:

Ishtar, HML Nighthawk/Tengu, or anything else that is capable of dealing DPS from 90km away while on the move (and ideally, without capacitor). Warp out as soon as the dread spawns, warp back in at 100.

The dread's gun and tackle max out at 70km, and the neut at 90-100.

Could a Proteus tank it? A buddy tried an ishtar. He orbited at 100, which put him at 108ish range and the dread destroyed him.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Is the cost of entry for profitable manufacturing really that high (T2 poo poo)? I'm mining a fuckton but would rather build poo poo than just selling off minerals.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

bluegoon posted:

Is the cost of entry for profitable manufacturing really that high (T2 poo poo)? I'm mining a fuckton but would rather build poo poo than just selling off minerals.

You can turn a modest profit selling T1 ships, though it's slow going and price tends to move rapidly with ore and mineral prices. Much like gasoline and oil in the real world, T1 ship prices tend to reflect current mineral costs with very little lag, rather than the mineral cost when the ship was built.

T1 modules are still garbage, even with module tiericide. Meta modules always have at least one advantage with no disadvantage compared to the corresponding T1 module.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

Let's talk about heavy cap batteries ITT. They're cool + good. They're my new fav module and its gonna be cool to see deimos wrecking stuff this alliance tournament.

cap

battery

vagabonds

the only pvp ship that can just do c3 sites np without compromising anything

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

bluegoon posted:

Not at all, T2-entry is incredibly low. Everyone needs poo poo like T2-light missiles, for example. That's how I started my industry-alt: Buying cheap blueprints, researched them high, then I started inventing. You can even cut out the middleman by buying the corresponding T2-part blueprints, they aren't that expensive. I started slowly with 1-2 types of modules, some T2 ammunition and then used the money I made to progressively buy more expensive blueprints.

Cloaks are another thing you should look at when trying T2-production. Every cloaked ship exploding somewhere in New Eden allows you to print more money with your blueprints.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

So is the Serp event horribly bugged for anyone else? I'm not getting credit for almost anything I do.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

ranbo das posted:

So is the Serp event horribly bugged for anyone else? I'm not getting credit for almost anything I do.

Everything is horribly bugged. And I mean that literally.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

cap

battery

vagabonds

the only pvp ship that can just do c3 sites np without compromising anything

While even fitting a casual longpoint for impromptu wormhole pvp! :black101:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Today's comedy of errors:

* Got a limited-availability Shadow of Serpent challenge: Mine 100,000 scordite in one hour
* Throw together a buffer-tanked 2xDDA procurer and hop into 93PI to start chewing rocks, am largely AFK for 20+ minutes
* Less than five minutes after coming back from AFK, I get jumped by a pilgrim and rapier from CE
* Put drones on the rapier, he warps out after exhausting his XLASB charges
* Pull drones, deaggress, drop mobile depot. Swap DDAs for WCSes.
* Warp off from pilgrim's scram to station
* GF in local
* Repair, return in a bit, and finish mining with no further attempts at molestation
* Hit the 100,000 unit mark with 4 minutes to spare :D

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Reverand maynard posted:

Let's talk about heavy cap batteries ITT. They're cool + good. They're my new fav module and its gonna be cool to see deimos wrecking stuff this alliance tournament.
Cap batteries or no, you will almost certainly not be seeing Deimoses fielded by any good teams; even with infinite capacitor, they're just not really good tournament ships for a number of reasons.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

Cap batteries or no, you will almost certainly not be seeing Deimoses fielded by any good teams; even with infinite capacitor, they're just not really good tournament ships for a number of reasons.

This. Active tank bonuses are a no-no -- especially when there's the Phobos available as an option as well. Compare and contrast:

Deimos tank bonus: 37.5% bonus to strength of active armor reps
Phobos tank bonus: 20% bonus to all armor resists

Deimos application bonus: 10% bonus to falloff per level of HAC skill
Phobos application bonus: 50% bonus to tracking (!!!), plus 10% bonus to optimal per level of HIC skill

Deimos damage bonus: 25% bonus to damage, plus 5% bonus to damage per level of HAC skill
Phobos damage bonus: 25% bonus to ROF

Deimos misc bonuses: Reduced sig bloom with MWD, drones
Phobos misc bonuses: 34km scram, bitches

The Phobos is a clear winner for plate fits, and the resist bonus means that it's even pretty competitive with the Deimos on active tank fits. Try giving this a spin sometime:

quote:

[Phobos, single rep blasters with battery]

Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Armor Explosive Hardener
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
'Thurifer' Large Cap Battery

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
M-36 Enduring Warp Disruption Field Generator, Focused Warp Disruption Script

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
And I just lost an officer fit widow because my shield booster burnt out

to boat

:suicide:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

madjack posted:

And I just lost an officer fit widow because my shield booster burnt out

to boat

:suicide:

Should have dropped a Lif instead of a Nidhoggur :P DBRB's smugging in broadcasts now, and I blame you. Also, what was the Panther doing?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54863432/

e: Video, warning for ear-piercing giggles. https://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom/v/75251895?t=02h35m59s

e2: VVVVV nope, 100mn injected active-tank hamgu.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 29, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
And that, ladies and gennelmen, is why you put a faction or officer multispec on your widow.

I'm assuming that was a regengu you died to - those things are pretty obnoxious, and basically unkillable by any single ship short of a supercap.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

LemonDrizzle posted:

And that, ladies and gennelmen, is why you put a faction or officer multispec on your widow.

I'm assuming that was a regengu you died to - those things are pretty obnoxious, and basically unkillable by any single ship short of a supercap.

I'm watching the stream. I'm not familiar with the Regengu, but his fit has a shield booster, cap injector, and what I assume to be a 100mn afterburner.

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
Yep. The Tengu is a 100mn AB tengu. This one goes super fast (3km/sec before heat) and it can tank 1,200 dps. So I just zoom around kiting poo poo. I had some highsec guys chase me in frigates and poo poo once, didn't end well for them.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dabigredboat posted:

Yep. The Tengu is a 100mn AB tengu. This one goes super fast (3km/sec before heat) and it can tank 1,200 dps. So I just zoom around kiting poo poo. I had some highsec guys chase me in frigates and poo poo once, didn't end well for them.

hi boat

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008

Hi.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Post the tengu fit.

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
[Tengu, New Setup 2]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System
Domination Nanofiber Structure

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Core X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Medium 'Gattotte' Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Dread Guristas Heavy Assault Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile
Dread Guristas Heavy Assault Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile

Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

much obliged.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54865027/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54864634/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54865024/

Fun ship. Too bad I burnt out my MSE when I was burning for the guy, might have stayed alive. The Init. guys showed up about halfway through to jump him off a gate, I felt especially cool to be a part of that.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 29, 2016

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

yeah i dropped all ecm to fit the webs just to keep it locked down, and ate poo poo because of it

it was a case of going before he got out of carrier range with what we had on hand, and a ship with long webs wasnt among that

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ullerrm posted:

Also, what was the Panther doing?

I was busy being horribly kited, attempted to mjd on top of him but that stupid thing is too fast

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey so I figured out how that Austrian archeologist felt in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54867590/

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rip in piss

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

I haven't been able to check into this in much detail due to work commitments and such so I thought I'd post and see if someone knew anymore about it.

If I were to extract the total SP trained in a month (Roughly 2bil ISK worth), plex the account then use the other plex to activate multi character training. Could I repeat this process up to the 3 characters on the account and make a net profit on SP. I'm not sure the profit would be very large, but my back of the napkin math seems to indicate there would be something to gain in this.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Tangerines posted:

I haven't been able to check into this in much detail due to work commitments and such so I thought I'd post and see if someone knew anymore about it.

If I were to extract the total SP trained in a month (Roughly 2bil ISK worth), plex the account then use the other plex to activate multi character training. Could I repeat this process up to the 3 characters on the account and make a net profit on SP. I'm not sure the profit would be very large, but my back of the napkin math seems to indicate there would be something to gain in this.

On the short term it is quite viable, not sure on the long term as more and more people jump on the bandwagon.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhLcfTW_IYjlnD6IWuf-_VWxEhuf

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Yeah those are similar numbers to what I was coming out with. I pay for my accounts out of pocket anyway so I was going to pick up the offer regardless as it works out cheaper than paying monthly anyway. That would net me some Multi Character training for free anyway so I see a profit in this.

So does everyone else though which is why the market for injectors is crashing hard.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Tangerines posted:

Yeah those are similar numbers to what I was coming out with. I pay for my accounts out of pocket anyway so I was going to pick up the offer regardless as it works out cheaper than paying monthly anyway. That would net me some Multi Character training for free anyway so I see a profit in this.

So does everyone else though which is why the market for injectors is crashing hard.

Also keep in mind that if you start with blank alts it's a 6 month roi.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

I've already got a set of 6 Cyno / PI / Hauler alts so I should be alright.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Tangerines posted:

I've already got a set of 6 Cyno / PI / Hauler alts so I should be alright.

I have some vanity characters born in 2003 who had regular cynos, and I am using the bonus MCT to train two of them into covert cynos. I can't get myself to care about selling SP or doing any of the PI stuff for profit. I wish I could because it sounds like there's a good chunk of ISK to make. I just don't enjoy the game that much.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Anyone have a link to some info about this event? Something pertaining to ship fits would be cool too.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I want to thank anyone involved in helping GSF operate on a ping system. I don't know what goes into saying 'here we have something for you to shoot, log in' and it seems more :effort: as I try to comprehend it.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

frozenphil posted:

Anyone have a link to some info about this event? Something pertaining to ship fits would be cool too.

Standard AFK ratter works fine for all the Serpentis sites. Vexor Navy, Myrmidon, Ishtar, all work.

I fly a cap stable MWD/Armor rep Ishtar and I can do all the sites.

code:
[Ishtar, PvE Events]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Drone Navigation Computer II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II

Improved Cloaking Device II
Medium Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu
Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Wasp II x5
Warrior II x5
Berserker II x5
Valkyrie II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Serpentis sites you can basically just sit on the warp on except for the Research sites, where you need to orbit the building in front of the fortizar at 7.5k (you might bump but it won't be enough to cause a problem) with the MWD on. The Angel sites you have to orbit something with the MWD or they will chew you up.

Edit:
Hi-slots just there for MWD/Cloak as needed and in case you get jumped by something small in low/null. Also I swapped out one DDA for a Tracking Link recently, seems to do better with the number of frigates and cruisers.

nessin fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 30, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

frozenphil posted:

The main rewards are poo poo but the Serpentis Shipyard sites can drop active armor rep implants that are reasonably valuable. The best ship for running those sites is a smartbombing battleship because all the rats orbit at around 6 km.

I find it kind of amazing that CCP managed to accidentally come up with a really successful event design with Crimson Harvest and since they've started trying to improve on the formula, they've made it worse and worse each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

dabigredboat posted:

[Tengu, New Setup 2]
Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System
Domination Nanofiber Structure

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Core X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Medium 'Gattotte' Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

That's not a "Regengu" (or whatever they're called), though?

From that video of a guy soloing a 30-man gatecamp a while ago, I gathered they have cap batteries and rigs and CPRs and an XL (?) shieldbooster to be not just capstable, but have enough cap-buffer to out-regenerate any neuting in the engagements they're meant for.

• Locked thread