Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Anything locked behind achievements requires you to do the achievement to buy with Gage Coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Yardbomb posted:

"Gage Coins- a massive fix to the terrible drop system. Pick up Gage packages to earn a Gage Coin that you can then use to unlock any mask or weapon item in the game."

So does this also mean like I could grab weapon mods and junk that are locked unavailable behind cheevos? Cause that'd be great considering some of those are probably never happening, not in terms of difficulty but some of them just being obtuse. What about infamy web masks as well? And lastly what about colors, I wanna be able to use that black+red on a good thing but it's a dumb pre-order only thing.

You can't buy content you haven't legitimately unlocked. Goons will help with achievements, and the infamy levels will come with time, and you'll just have to live without the pre-order bonus.

Once you unlock them, though, you can use gage coins to buy more copies! Put flames on all your masks!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

BillmasterCozb posted:

it also has an entire chapter that is literally hotline miami 2, it even has its own ripoff of roller mobster

It was actually a remix

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

So because Killing Floor 2 continues to disappoint I just picked this back up after about...18 months of not even touching it. Obviously a shitload has changed, but I think I've gotten the hang of most of it, and I really like the changes they made to the skill system but I just have a few questions that the game doesn't seem eager to answer:

* When I was fiddling around with a few skill sets I noticed that certain skills would already be unlocked and aced before I'd put a single point into their tree. Why is that/ what determines it? I'm in very late infamy 2 if that's relevant.

* related to that, I noticed that as I leveled up in certain skill trees certain trees in other classes would be locked and I wouldn't be able to do anything with them. Again why is that/what determines it?

* When I was fiddling around with weapon mods I noticed it no longer says "complete X achievement to unlock" or whatever, have they finally ditched that stupid idea in favor of random drops, or do they just no longer explicitly say you need to do the achievements?

* For the various akimbo pistols is the listed damage for one shot or two, since every set of akimbo pistols I tested fired 2 shots per click.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Pretty sure Akimbo damage is listed for a single shot.

And welcome to PD2, former KF2 player.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Akimbo pistols and SMGs list damage per-round and release two rounds per trigger pull. Build stability to help them both land on target, accuracy is not as important for akimbo weapons.

Achievement unlocks are still a thing.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Payday 2: The Killing Floor 2 Victim Support Group

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Mods please change title to this.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Akimbo pistols and SMGs list damage per-round and release two rounds per trigger pull. Build stability to help them both land on target, accuracy is not as important for akimbo weapons.
Yeah, the build I was gonna use it with is already a close-range sneaking type so I wasn't that worried about accuracy.

quote:

Achievement unlocks are still a thing.
Goddammit. I hate that mechanic.

DoombatINC posted:

I'll still go back to KF2. It's like a really lovely relationship that I just can't bring myself to end.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Goddammit. I hate that mechanic.

Steam achievement manger. Flip all the cheevos that unlock poo poo and never look back.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Klaus88 posted:

Steam achievement manger. Flip all the cheevos that unlock poo poo and never look back.

That doesn't work.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Hooooly poo poo, is it really that simple? if I'd known that I'd have done it long ag-

Lemon-Lime posted:

That doesn't work.
-oddammit :negative:

Edit: Also, I've seen and heard stuff about boosts and weapon skins, I assume those are things that mostly had to do with the microtransactions that I'm given to understand overkill is phasing out? And from little info notes I've seen throughout the game I assume weapon both can be used to boost certain stats? I got a safe as a reward from one of the handful of heists I did to settle back into the game. Cracked it open and got a skin for the saw, think it was like "The 1%er" or something? Haven't equipped it yet.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 29, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lemon-Lime posted:

That doesn't work.

yes it does

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah, it 100% does. Did it for Biker masks just last week. Check, store, buy as many as you could ever want with Gage coins because now you can.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lemon-Lime posted:

That doesn't work.

You're wrong

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So the Biker safe is actually pretty cool. I look forward to all future free safes keeping the prices low.

The flames on everything is actually a bit overdone but whatever

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Got back into this after a very long break to see what all the commotion on Steam was about. Quick question: is GoonHud still being actively worked on? I've got it waiting in game for an update.

Also, I only infamy'd once in my 200 hours of gameplay (just wasn't interested in going higher) and pugs think I'm a free2player/kick me on sight :downs:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

AF posted:

Got back into this after a very long break to see what all the commotion on Steam was about. Quick question: is GoonHud still being actively worked on? I've got it waiting in game for an update.

Also, I only infamy'd once in my 200 hours of gameplay (just wasn't interested in going higher) and pugs think I'm a free2player/kick me on sight :downs:

It's GoonMod these days, but yes, it's maintained. Also, play with goons.

e:

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Hooooly poo poo, is it really that simple? if I'd known that I'd have done it long ag-

-oddammit :negative:

Don't listen to Lemon-Lime, they've been repeating that lie for a while. SAM absolutely works.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I was just running hox breakout ad nauseum to hit infamy four so I didn't feel the need to hit up goons. I'll get back on CTS sometime. Do we have an ETA for GoonMod to become compatible again? Don't mean to be pushy, I just miss not having to hold E for everything. And the corpse despawn limiter.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

AF posted:

I was just running hox breakout ad nauseum to hit infamy four so I didn't feel the need to hit up goons. I'll get back on CTS sometime. Do we have an ETA for GoonMod to become compatible again? Don't mean to be pushy, I just miss not having to hold E for everything. And the corpse despawn limiter.

It's compatible right now. Just tell it to force load in the GoonMod options and restart the game. Wilko just does that as a precaution. 95+% of the time it's perfectly fine.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

That doesn't work.

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, it 100% does. Did it for Biker masks just last week. Check, store, buy as many as you could ever want with Gage coins because now you can.

Dr Cheeto posted:

You're wrong
gently caress. Yes. Gonna do this the second I get off work.

Explosionface posted:

It's GoonMod these days, but yes, it's maintained. Also, play with goons.
I remember I was never able to use goon mod because I was playing on a lovely, out-of-date gaming laptop and it required some Windows update that i didn't have/couldn't get. I'm assuming it's similar to Hoxhud but unless I'm misremembering gage coins also had to do with it, and it allowed for more weapon skin customization?

Sorry, distractedly typing on my phone while trying to work at the same time, so I could've phrases that better. I mean, it's similar to Hoxhud only in that it introduces new stuff to the HUD, the other stuff I remember being goonmod exclusive.
VVVVVVVV

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 29, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hoxhud does not have those features. It is also a bad HUD maintained by a petulant manchild.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cool, I'm glad it works again, then.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Explosionface posted:

It's compatible right now. Just tell it to force load in the GoonMod options and restart the game. Wilko just does that as a precaution. 95+% of the time it's perfectly fine.

Fuckkkkk. Why didn't I ask this before my 15 - 20 hour grindfest. Thanks!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Using SAM to unlock weapon mods has worked for me for everything except the AK/CAR pack ones. I don't know if that was on my end or because of LGL jank but those ones I had to unlock legit before it let me use the parts.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The only thing with SAM is, didn't someone recently get banned from the official Payday group because someone noticed that most of their achievements had been unlocked at the same time, and reported them to mods? Granted, getting banned from there isn't a HUGE deal, but I'm assuming you'd lose access to the community unlocks?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Wintermutant posted:

The only thing with SAM is, didn't someone recently get banned from the official Payday group because someone noticed that most of their achievements had been unlocked at the same time, and reported them to mods?
That is a thing that happened. The lesson is as much "don't post on the steam forums" as it is "don't get caught".

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So what's the best way to quickly destroy SWAT turrets on DW since flamethrowers no longer magically melt them?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Or, you could just do the achievements. Most of them aren't that hard.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yeah, but some of them require things like a dedicated group willing to do some obnoxiously gimmicky runs like in the AK/CAR pack. That, or killing dozers with the G3, which easily feels like it was the worst out of all of them. Think about all of the ones we had to do, now imagine having to do them all at one time. I'm all for SAMming them if you just want to get the stuff you actually paid for.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You can almost always find a group to do a gimmick run, some of us are so jaded that it's the only thing that keeps us alive.

Ask buckshot about overdrill.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Yeah, but some of them require things like a dedicated group willing to do some obnoxiously gimmicky runs like in the AK/CAR pack. That, or killing dozers with the G3, which easily feels like it was the worst out of all of them. Think about all of the ones we had to do, now imagine having to do them all at one time. I'm all for SAMming them if you just want to get the stuff you actually paid for.
This is entirely why I'll be using SAM. Back when I was playing the crap out of Payday 2 I ended up buying most of the DLC full price as it came out and it really pissed me off that I had to jump through hoops in order to unlock stuff that I paid good money for. Hell, I'm pretty sure it was part of why I stopped playing.
If they were unlocked through random drops it would be annoying, yeah, but it also meant you'd be unlocking them the same way as every other mod in the base game. The grinding/multi-person organization required for some of them was a nuisance that made me just avoid using them.

Coolguye posted:

for add-on content like that, you can take either my money, or my time

not both
Yeah, this is a way more succinct way of what I'm trying to say. I'll jump through hoops to get some fancy item, or I'll pay to unlock it more or less immediately, but I'll be damned before I do both.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 30, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Plan Z posted:

The G3 is an excellent dozer hunting gun, though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

It was actually a remix

that makes it worse because why would you remix a song that is perfect in every way?!

does it have a unique animation for butting enemies, like with the nagant, or is it just to look cool

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

The G3 is an excellent dozer hunting gun, though.

The problem was that when it came out, there were four guys in your group that each needed that cheev.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

People pay money for video games in which you grind to unlock stuff all the time. It's pretty common. Don't get me wrong, I can accept SAM-ing for stuff where the investment is worth more than the attachment (see: pre-patch Dockyard meth lab). But many of those achievements are not terribly onerous. Some are even fun. Hunting achievements is fun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
for add-on content like that, you can take either my money, or my time

not both

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i did all the achievements legit but i wouldnt begrudge anyone for not wanting to do so

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DoombatINC posted:

As soon as my internet improves, I'll be here for you, baby.

But hopefully one day Power Glove can be contracted for Payday music. And in Jealous yet healthy competition, Simon Viklund creates his own form of Dragon Sound.

Horrible custom character skin idea, 1980s Beach Dallas complete with obvious Tom Selleck/Kurt Russel hair.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

AF posted:

GoonMod's still being worked on, I'm just moving atm, so the update won't be for a few more weeks so I can get moved in and setup again. As people above have said though, everything should work fine by force loading it through the options menu.