Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Barbe Rouge posted:

What's the deal with the "Union Now" napkin? Was the guy trying to organize a union and got fired for it?

He was joking about unionizing campaign workers. You'd think that would make sense for a Democratic campaign, but the business model is built on milking 90 hour weeks out of employees that are salaried at around $35k per year. If someone (that never wanted to work in politics again) wanted to, they could force the issue because that would be the worst optics ever, but no-one does because anyone who takes the job is all in for the cause and the candidate. You take the abuse because you don't want to be the staffer who helps the other side.

This insular, cult-like reasoning is why people tend to burn out after a few cycles. Campaigns eat their young.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Subterfrugal posted:

He was joking about unionizing campaign workers. You'd think that would make sense for a Democratic campaign, but the business model is built on milking 90 hour weeks out of employees that are salaried at around $35k per year. If someone (that never wanted to work in politics again) wanted to, they could force the issue because that would be the worst optics ever, but no-one does because anyone who takes the job is all in for the cause and the candidate. You take the abuse because you don't want to be the staffer who helps the other side.

This insular, cult-like reasoning is why people tend to burn out after a few cycles. Campaigns eat their young.

you'd think that trump could tap into the most fanatical of his supporters, they're fairly young and energetic even if it's mostly through cuckposting. wanna see the /pol/ gotv campaign next cycle, it could single handedly sink their next candidate's campaign

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Don't forget, the next FEC filing deadline is July 20.....during the RNC

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
National GE poll - Rasmussen
6/28 - 6/29 - 1000 LV

Trump 43
Clinton 39

:smugdon:

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 30, 2016

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
:derp:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Slate Action posted:

6/26 - 6/28 - 1000 LV

Trump 43
Clinton 39

I don't know, would Trump score more points with a functioning campaign structure, or is lack thereof part of the appeal? Hmm.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump having a good polling week for no discernible reason at all would be so 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh poo poo now the polls matter again

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

AHEAD IN THE POLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
SHOCK POLL

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
*Bernice Anders voice* someone please unskew this poll!!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Slate Action posted:

6/28 - 6/29 - 1000 LV

Trump 43
Clinton 39

"Clinton continues to hold a wide lead among blacks. Trump leads among whites and other minority voters."

Hmmmmm

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsT4xnKZPg

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Dear Hillary cucks, thank you for your nice posts, but I am actually a shitposter who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. Peace sucks a hairy rear end in a top hat, Hillary. Trump is the mother-loving answer.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/748501981640134656
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/748502148175003649

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

Dear Hillary cucks, thank you for your nice posts, but I am actually a shitposter who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. Peace sucks a hairy rear end in a top hat, Hillary. Trump is the mother-loving answer.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hey even in ppp trump is up up up!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

jisforjosh posted:

"Clinton continues to hold a wide lead among blacks. Trump leads among whites and other minority voters."

Hmmmmm

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/748502343147192320
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/748502486084878337

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Does anyone have access to crosstabs for Rasmussen? Them claiming Trump is winning non African American minorities is hilarious.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/748503483150655488

The Fox News poll said 51% wanted a new nominee. Huh?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Also a sudden -11 Obama job approval poll after weeks of +5-10. What a strange morning!

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Not to be a poll Truther, but didn't Rasmussen generally favor Romney in 2012?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

jisforjosh posted:

Hmmmmm

lol Rasmussen hard at work unskewing I see

turnip kid posted:

Yeah, Rasmussen generally leans Republican but they were very seldom this delusional in 2012

jisforjosh posted:

Does anyone have access to crosstabs for Rasmussen? Them claiming Trump is winning non African American minorities is hilarious.

Yes, I would like to see these too. I really don't believe that this is even remotely possible.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Baloogan posted:

you're more mercurial than cnn

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

jisforjosh posted:

I'm starting to think this election will be the one that pushes Rasmussen from just rigging their sampling to completely fabricating numbers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

turnip kid posted:

oh here comes the UNSKEWING BRIGADE

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Hmmmm.... 17% of whites undecided since we've had SO LITTLE EXPOSURE to DONALD TRUMP and HILLARY CLINTON over the past 3 decades, OR 17% of whites don't want to admit who they support????????

If Trump holds Clinton to 35% of the white vote or less, he wins, even if Minority turnout actually IMPROVES slightly with Clinton over Obama.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jisforjosh posted:

UNSKEW THOSE POLLS BABY

Also keep in mind Trump still gets a 5% shadow voter adjustment from the people who are still to scared to leave "other".

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Baloogan posted:

Never change, Baloogan

You're perfect just the way you are.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

shadow voter adjustment lmao

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DrPlump posted:

UNSKEW THOSE POLLS BABY

Also keep in mind Trump still gets a 5% shadow voter adjustment from the people who are still to scared to leave "other".

It's not unskewing until they support a claim that isn't matched or even alluded to in nearly any other poll.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Expect to see Trump continue to rise as the remaining white people work up the courage to admit they love Trump.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

It's not unskewing until they support a claim that isn't matched or even alluded to in nearly any other poll.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
4% and 5% undecided for blacks and latinos, and 17% undecided for whites in the same PPP poll.

Gee, I wonder why . . . .

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Boosted_C5 posted:

Hmmmm.... 17% of whites undecided since we've had SO LITTLE EXPOSURE to DONALD TRUMP and HILLARY CLINTON over the past 3 decades, OR 17% of whites don't want to admit who they support????????

If Trump holds Clinton to 35% of the white vote or less, he wins, even if Minority turnout actually IMPROVES slightly with Clinton over Obama.

Trump's just gotta get a larger percentage of the white vote than Reagan, that's no big deal, happens all the time

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
lol of course the trumpy ik crawls back to the thread to crow after Trump's first good poll in a month, from the outfit that had Romney tied on election night

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
On November 9th, the Democrats' and the medias' reign of terror will end. A Trump victory = all of these people coming out of the shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

lol so many of you guys are going to delete your accounts or not rereg from embarrassment in November

• Locked thread