Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Vulture Culture posted:

Why is the second Google autocomplete result for his name "glen benton net worth"?

Because the second google autocomplete after any celebrity no matter how minor is either net worth or feet pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
aw i couldnt find any of his feet :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

comes along bort posted:

Because the second google autocomplete after any celebrity no matter how minor is either net worth or feet pics.

It's usually wife/husband/spouse for me, which is kind of creepy. What does google think about me? :ohdear:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

So, apparently Morbid Angel (Trey Azagthoth) is doing another album with Steve Tucker while David Vincent finds his inner redneck playing honky tonk poo poo bars in Texas. I was never a tremendous fan of the albums Tucker played on, but it has to be better than that garbage they released back in 2011. Right? I always thought Gateways to Annihilation had some classic moments.

i don't care what 50 year old morbid angel does

Hulk Krogan posted:

Man, the music is extremely my jam but the vocals sound like Geddy Lee singing in front of a fan while someone drums on his back.

They're good vocals

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004
Each individual sees a different reality.

david crosby posted:

Ulcerate has announced a NA tour with Zhrine & Phobocosm. Should be sick.

Ulcerate in downtown Oakland? gently caress yes.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

So, apparently Morbid Angel (Trey Azagthoth) is doing another album with Steve Tucker while David Vincent finds his inner redneck playing honky tonk poo poo bars in Texas. I was never a tremendous fan of the albums Tucker played on, but it has to be better than that garbage they released back in 2011. Right? I always thought Gateways to Annihilation had some classic moments.

Dave's KKK adventures are way more interesting than what Trey the autist and the replacement crew come up with next. This is from a massive fan of the first three albums

On an unrelated note Grand Belial's Key are doing a semi-private gig nearby in a few months and I expect it to be some fully Green Room poo poo

funeral fag fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jun 30, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I was introduced to this bit of Polish black metal goodness called Batushka. Supposedly the members are from some well-known bands, but their exact identities haven't been disclosed. Also it's sung in Old Church Slavonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

Good poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh god

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hjahkjdahsjkdhaahahahhaa

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You could land a 757 on those lapels.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
MDF early bird tickets went on sale and they also revealed the early set of bands:

quote:

Acid King
Akercocke (UK) - Exclusive U.S. appearance!
Autopsy
Behexen (Finland) - Exclusive U.S. appearance!
Brodequin
Decrepit Birth
Dopethrone
Embalmer
In The Woods... (Norway) - Exclusive U.S. appearance!
Iron Lung
Kerasphorus
Macabre
Morbid Angel (with Trey Azagthoth and Steve Tucker)
Nightbringer
Nordjevel (Norway)
Sargeist (Finland) - Exclusive U.S. appearance!
Siege
Terrorizer (World Downfall set)
Usurper

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

got my early bird ticket :smug:

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
would love to see Siege

gently caress

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Varg posted:

got my early bird ticket :smug:

same :smug:

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Hulk Krogan posted:

All the articles have been on point, but this is definitely my favorite so far: http://thehardtimes.net/2016/06/27/controversial-metal-band-writes-offensively-cliche-lyrics/

I liked the hard times alot better when it was called Infernal Combustion http://web.archive.org/web/20021228100023/http://www.infernalcombustion.com/back.htm

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

saigon_15 posted:

I liked the hard times alot better when it was called Infernal Combustion http://web.archive.org/web/20021228100023/http://www.infernalcombustion.com/back.htm

Ha I was wondering where these guys went a week or so ago, but I never thought to look at the wayback machine for it.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

also booked a hotel and laughed at the prices everywhere as much as I could :smith: was much cooler staying for free at a friend's place this year.. unfortunately for me he just got a promotion and moved away

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Dead Congregation dropped an EP of rehearsal recordings from 2005 and it's pretty awesome.

https://deadcongregation.bandcamp.com/album/rehearsal-2005-7ep

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

hjahkjdahsjkdhaahahahhaa

I have never seen a better response to new Metallica than Bobby Blitz flipping them off.

Since Agalloch is dead, I might as well start listening to the similar bands they started spawning in the late '00s. I know of Falls of Rauros and Gallowbraid, are there any good ones for me to check out?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I have never seen a better response to new Metallica than Bobby Blitz flipping them off.

Since Agalloch is dead, I might as well start listening to the similar bands they started spawning in the late '00s. I know of Falls of Rauros and Gallowbraid, are there any good ones for me to check out?

They all pretty much suck in retrospect, but when I was into them I was into Skagos, Alda, and Leech. WITTR are a kind of obvious option as well I guess, and maybe Velvet Cacoon.

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004
Each individual sees a different reality.

funeral fag posted:

Dave's KKK adventures are way more interesting than what Trey the autist and the replacement crew come up with next. This is from a massive fan of the first three albums

Dave had a personal bodyguard with a huge Iron Cross neck tattoo removing "problem" people from the venue when I saw them in 2013. I didn't think much of it until I read your post just now.

Nordick posted:

I was introduced to this bit of Polish black metal goodness called Batushka. Supposedly the members are from some well-known bands, but their exact identities haven't been disclosed. Also it's sung in Old Church Slavonic.

Good poo poo.

I found this exact video a few weeks ago. It's loving bad rear end. Any recommendations for similar bands?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Amiensus is pretty good, but their best work still seems to be ahead of them. Here's a cool track from their first album which packages together all their major influences pretty tightly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBvfSlbVkw4

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Femme by Force posted:

Dave had a personal bodyguard with a huge Iron Cross neck tattoo removing "problem" people from the venue when I saw them in 2013. I didn't think much of it until I read your post just now.

It goes back to a show they did with Kreator where Mille had security remove some skinheads and Dave objecting. Plus a possible Hitler reference in the thanks list in Blessed Are The Sick, maybe Covenant I can't remember.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Nordick posted:

Good poo poo.

Batushka and Mgła's Exercises in Futility are two of the best black metal bands I've discovered lately. Poland has this poo poo locked down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Batushka and Mgła's Exercises in Futility are two of the best black metal bands I've discovered lately. Poland has this poo poo locked down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

Amen to that. I just assumed the Mgla dudes were behind that project.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Femme by Force posted:

I found this exact video a few weeks ago. It's loving bad rear end. Any recommendations for similar bands?
I'm not very well versed in black metal tbh. But, while it's not exactly similar, the person who introduced Batushka to me loved my counter-recommendation of Havukruunu, for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEYAv13D9s8

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

To Battle posted:

Amen to that. I just assumed the Mgla dudes were behind that project.

Rumor has it it's people from Hermh(who are not a good band). Personally I think Batushka is sorta gimmicky, the chanting is well done but the actual black metal parts feel pretty uninspired.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Kinda late but popular bands calling out "elitists" on the internet never gets old.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

A human heart posted:

Rumor has it it's people from Hermh(who are not a good band). Personally I think Batushka is sorta gimmicky, the chanting is well done but the actual black metal parts feel pretty uninspired.
The production's way better than the songwriting. That kick sound is really the only thing moving this album forward at all. And that's okay, as long as the whole thing comes together and delivers. Amon Amarth, for example, have been relying on their production to sell records since their second album.

Cure for Optimism
Dec 31, 2005

Outside a path to knowledge
Inside a waste of cells

Possibly Chicken posted:

Kinda late but popular bands calling out "elitists" on the internet never gets old.
There are popular metal bands?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Cure for Optimism posted:

There are popular metal bands?
Mastodon's last album hit #6 on the Billboard 200, Dream Theater's last 5 have cracked the Top 20

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 2, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

this isn't the hard rock thread.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vulture Culture posted:

The production's way better than the songwriting. That kick sound is really the only thing moving this album forward at all. And that's okay, as long as the whole thing comes together and delivers. Amon Amarth, for example, have been relying on their production to sell records since their second album.

I'm not a huge fan of the kick on that album but then again I love clearly perfect (and probably sampled) kick drums like Mare Cognitum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKtLCFrPN4

Edit: also just noticed the naked lady torso on I, Voidhanger's logo

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
The new Blood Incantation preorder is up at Dark Descent. Make sure to check out one of the ugliest loving long sleeves to come out in a while.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oldstench posted:

The new Blood Incantation preorder is up at Dark Descent. Make sure to check out one of the ugliest loving long sleeves to come out in a while.

Hahaha those are loving awful

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
Beyond Creation is real good live. Also, they sell logo-branded women's underwear appparently

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Scrambles posted:

Beyond Creation is real good live. Also, they sell logo-branded women's underwear appparently
beyond procreation

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
It isn't old school death metal without a goofy looking longsleeve.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Real old school death metal came in sweatpant form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
and totes